PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Electronic Boba Fett or Regular?

mm74md
01-31-2003, 01:32 PM
I've just recently starting collecting the 12" line (the $4.99 Ki-Adi Mundi at WOTC is what got me started).

Anyway, I need some help. I want to get the 12" Boba Fett from the POTF2 line. However, I can't decide which one to get. I'm a loose collector & by what I've read in the past & seen online the Electronic Boba Fett LOOKS nicer than the Collectors Series one. Plus, it seems to be a lot cheaper.

Could someone please give me their advice?

My main thing is that the Collectors Series head looks small kinda like the Collectors Series Darth Vader.

Thanks!

bobafett07728
01-31-2003, 01:47 PM
If you are a loose collector, I would go for the Marmit 12". . . it is by far the best of the three. Unfortunately, it will cost you about $100.

The regular POTF2 version, is decent, but isn't incredibly movie accurate.

The Electronic one looks a bit better than its predecessor, but it has a downside. Due to the electronics, the button is under the left arm (if my memory serves me correctly.) This arm is in a constant 'weird' position because of this. It is quite similar to Padme Arena's action gimmick where the arm is constantly outstretched. If you can get around this, then the electronic is probably your best bet because it is the most inexpensive of the three.

mini-rock
01-31-2003, 02:59 PM
IMO you should get both, but if you just want one now I say go with the electronic Fett. It doesn't have shrunken head syndrome, and even though the button that makes him talk is under the left arm, doesn't make it that difficult to pose. Eventually you should get both though.:D

If you are into more than just the Hasbro 12" line then you might want to check out the Marmit Fett. Of the 3 (collector's, electronic, marmit) I'd still go with the electronic for my first Boba Fett.

jpak001
01-31-2003, 03:28 PM
If you have the $$$, go with the Marmit. That's the best one so far. If you're like most of us and can't afford the Marmit, I would go with the KB electronic one:

1) His head is bigger (1st edition has a pin head!)

2) It's cheaper, you could probably find a loose one on ebay for a fair price.

3) The electronics don't hamper his arm articulation, I have mine posed holding his rifle with both hands. he doesn't have any problems doing this.

4) From what I've seen, it looks like Hasbro put a little more care in sewing his armor on his jumpsuit. Almost all of the 1st ver I've seen have miss-placed armor (breast plate to low, etc...).

mm74md
01-31-2003, 03:37 PM
The Marmit is sweet, but my wife would chop it off :( if I spent that kind of money for one toy.

I'll go with the Electronic Fett now & maybe the others in the future.

Thanks for the info!

Ook
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
No! Hold out for a new Boba based on the 12" Jango! They're bound to make one. :)

derek
01-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by vadersfist
No! Hold out for a new Boba based on the 12" Jango! They're bound to make one. :)

that's what i'm thinking. i'm really amazed one hasn't come out yet. hopefully this year we'll get one, a ROTJ version.:) but it better be in a regular box and cost $20, dag nabbit!!!

if i had to choose between regular and electronic boba, i'd go with the electronic version. get a loose one off e-bay. you can always swap the body out if you don't like it.

JediTricks
01-31-2003, 11:36 PM
The electronic one is much better than the original IMO, but the arm thing is a bit of a pain in the rump. If you like posing your figs, consider this one "a challenge" but get it anyway. Don't spend too much on it though.

Jaff
02-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Electronic by far (excluding the $$$, and pains to obtaining a marmit). The first 12" Fett had a neck that was 1/3 the size of Boba's small head.