PDA

View Full Version : Scripts

Rogue II
02-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Are these the real original Star Wars scripts?

http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/scripts.htm

Pendo
02-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Well they've had me fooled for a couple of years. I've always believed that they are real. Reading through them there are a few elements which you feel the OT evolved from. There are also a few things which have been told by Lucas that were in the rough drafts of the movies.

PENDO!

Jargo
02-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Reading the annotated screenplays book and picking through the annotations it appears that a lot of the stuff is real. Some reads funny but george did write a version that had a japanese feel to it. He did write a ton of drafts. They all feel like they written by the ame person who wrote the shooting script. I'm inclined to take them as real. Especially when you take some of the material from the earliest drafts there and apply it to the prequels. The character names and certain events are spot on for source material. Yet these scripts have floating round for years before the prequels even began pre-production. The only one that seems tinkered with is the one where lando dies in the death star explosion. That's been debunked as fake. Or at least that scene has. :)