PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Speeder bike, Yes I said Hoth (my next custom)

Turbowars
02-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Check this out! I found this photo of a Speeder bike on Hoth with a white paint job and a biker that has a body of a Snowtrooper and a Endor Scout helmit. I'd love to do a 12" custom, but theres no way I'm going to open my 12" scout and bike. I guess I could buy a set loose, but they cost alot to. Well I'll get on it after my Pod is done. Oh and I found the photo in SW Incredible Cross-Sections. Great book!! Lots of cool photos of our favorite ships.

187-Maul
02-01-2003, 03:24 PM
sounds like a cool custom, the hoth speederbike looks really cool
so you're doing a 3 3/4" custom now or what? I'd then maybe wait till the new Snowtrooper is released if you need parts of one of them

Turbowars
02-01-2003, 03:33 PM
I'll do a 3.75" first and see how it goes. I have the parts for it. I also have a opened 12" Snowtrooper, oh wait I have him with a custom 12" Tri pod cannon. Crap, I'll have to buy another to.

187-Maul
02-01-2003, 03:47 PM
maybe have a pic of that custom 12" tri pod cannon? or just pictures of all your customs (if you have more)?

Turbowars
02-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Sure, but I'll have to look for it the garage. Maybe later today, when I go to work on my Pod. It was my first custom and it is a little too small, but like I said it was my frist. Oh and thats it, I have no more. LOL

Turbowars
02-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Here's the 12" custom Snowtrooper tri pod canon. Either mine is too small or Kenners is to big. You make the call.

187-Maul
02-03-2003, 09:15 AM
wow, although maybe a bit off scale, it looks really nice, how did you do the detail on the "ammo-box"? sculpey?
it looks really cool, very good work:)

Turbowars
02-03-2003, 05:25 PM
No, The box is made of wood. I ran the top of it threw a table saw for the lines and used Cut finish nails, a small metal plate and some platic stuff I had in the garage. The cable is a fire alarm cable that came out of the Staple Center in LA. I was carpenter there. One big part was the use of JB WELD. Its great stuff.

Jargo
02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Oh if only hasbro would bring out a Hoth speeder bike and scout trooper. I saw an image of the same a while back and thought it was a cool concept. It's reasonable to expect Lucas to add them to ESB I guess. Your pic is from the visual dictionary right? Snow scout, snout trooper, I dunno what they'd end up calling him bu he sure looks the bees knees. :)

Turbowars
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
EJ, it was in the Cross section book. Its a very small photo. It says its a "Scout Trooper wearing a heated suit" and the only difference between the Endor Bike and Hoth Bike, is the Hoth Bike has a heater on he back where the Endor one has a blanket.

Jargo
02-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeah, that's the ticket! Knew it was one of the books. That's kinda sweet but dumb really to have a heater o a cockpitless vehicle. :D Just heating the cold winter air as he whizzes around at 600mph. That's really funny but cool too. This new snowtrooper coming later this year might be really good for doing a custom of this, I've got a couple of spare speeder bikes and a couple of spare scout troopers with the dirty paint job. Cobbling the two together on a bike should in theory be simple. hmmmm, thanks for the inspiration Turbo. ;) now I have something to look forward to even if the snowtrooper stinks he'll still be useful I guess.

Turbowars
02-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey No problem, but my wife gets the credit, because she's always buying me SW books. If it wasn't for her I would never read, LOL. She got me this green cover book that has all the animals and creatures in SW, it was 40 bones, very nice art.

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 08:15 PM
OK guys, threw together a Hoth Speeder with Scout/snowtrooper. I used the AOTC deluxe speeder, tore it up, gutted the insides and painted it white and black. For the figure, I used the POTF2 deluxe Snowtrooper's legs, because they are bent at the knee, I used the basic POTF2 snowtrooper torso, arms and cut off the skirt thing he had going on. Oh and I had to cut the boots and hands off so that he could be postioned correctly. I used the POTJ head (dirty one, I'm not that dumb) and the back back. Then I glued the POTF2 backpack onto the back of the speeder. The feet are in pegs that I put on the bike so that the feet stay on the peddles.

Here's two photos of it.

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Here's another, I'll try to take better one's later

coy5
02-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey, thought this could be worth a try. I know the new snowtrooper is not out yet but to use his body and limbs, replace his head with deluxe clone trooper head, dremmel out the snowtrooper head, dremmel out a vintage scout trooper helmet, plus the removable clone trooper helmet gives you a possibility of, Voila!, three different customs. The possibilities are endless. I can not wait for the snowtrooper to come out.

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 01:05 PM
very nice, I like it
it sounds so easy when you describe it like that (it probably wasn't) so how long did it take you?

Turbowars
02-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Well, I tend to rush things 187-Maul, but it probably took about 2 hours total, in 3 days. I had to do some boil and pop on the Speeder and figures. The only reason it took so long, is because the paint wouldn't dry, it was raining the 3 days I did it and it was to cold to be painting. I worked on it between the glue drying on the pod. It was fun. It was also my 1st custom with a 3.75" figure. Oh and masking the Speeder took some time to. I really should slow down, but what I do for a living requires to move fast and that's pretty much how my life is, FAST. The main thing with doing customs is don't be worried to mess up. Besides it's supposed to be fun. Anyways, I'm glade you like it Maul, you should try it.

187-Maul
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
I'd loe to do some rel customs (not just repaints like my clones) but the problem is I don't have anything to customize and the figs are just to expensive here to be buying several, but when I get some Saga DD's, I'll try to switch the guns with a E1 version (I have 3 E1 normal and 1 E1 damage) so that I have an accurate Droideka in my collection:)