PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Dropped ball with Eeth Koth...

INDIANA
08-17-2001, 07:27 PM
I want my Jedi Cousel (?) members sitting on their *** NOT kicking it !!! Or at the very least standing all somber like. Definitely NOT berserker jedi mode......

Disappointed with this one.......

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 07:43 PM
It is perfect! Jedi are action filled, not dummies!

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 09:36 PM
"Action figure. "

The operative word here is "action."

Of course, now Hasbro decides to do action poses when all the coolest council members have already been made.

(sigh) Maybe Ep2.

GNT
08-17-2001, 11:16 PM
Come on Eeth is probably the best Jedi Council member out there!

puppetboy
08-18-2001, 12:01 AM
The sculpting is incredible on this one, and the lightsaber rocks!!!
The pre possitiong looks cool but he won't look right next to the rest of the Jedi council. Pesonally I like the prepositioning, but I wish it was toned down a little. Anuy maybe they'll redo some jedi council members for E2 that will be posed like this. I have a feeling that this is what the E2 figs. will be like.

Darth Cruel
08-18-2001, 04:18 AM
There is some merit to what Indiana says. I hope that Hasbro does sculpts of each JCM in refined poses such as sitting in the council chairs as well as the butt-kicking version. Don't getta me wrongo! I do love the fighting ones.

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 03:56 PM
When we get a Jedi council playset to display our Jedi Council members then I'll complain about this awesom sculpt.

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 10:07 AM
I'm reserving judgement till I have one, but my initial impression was that Hasbro didn't "drop the ball" with this figure but certainly went overboard with the "flared" lightsaber and the action pose, and could have done better.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 09:42 AM
I dont know. Again I usually like to wait until I have one to pass judgement, but i like the figure.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Maybe when we're older, Hasbro can make the OFH (Old Folks Home) line of figures. Then we can have all our favorite Jedi Council members seated in La-Z-Boys or Barkaloungers instead of the *****in' poses like the one for Eeth Koth.

QLD
08-20-2001, 11:22 AM
Who in their right mind wants to play with sitting figures? Boooooring.

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2001, 11:24 AM
I have to go with INDIANA about the beserker thing. Koth has had WAAAAY to much coffee.

And GNT Plo Koon beats Eeth Koth as coolest JCM.

INDIANA
08-20-2001, 12:50 PM
I think if this pose was for one of the Jedi Knights in the big fight sceen from EII this would be an EXCELLENT figure, one of the best!!! From my point of view, Hasbro should make figures true to how they appeared in the movie. Now, maybe Hasbro is REALLY surprising us and Koth will be in EII really kicking butt and I will be really pleased with this figure. BUT, as a Jedi Council member from EI...not a lot of action there.
I will buy extras to custom into "Fighting Jedi" for EII displays though.

MisterPL
08-20-2001, 01:34 PM
At first glance, I thought, "Awesome. Finally, a Jedi Council Member in a butt-kicking pose!" Then I realized how peeved most would be that he's not standing in a bland vanilla stance like the other boring Jedi Council Members. Until Hasbro offers a Deluxe Light-Up Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon, I'll pass on vanilla, thanks. Make mine Rocky Road with Sprinkles.

Let me offer some constructive criticism: Hasbro needs to make a butt-load of Jedi like this if they're to be taken seriously as warriors, especially with the impending Jedi purge aluded to in the Classic Trilogy. Eeth Koth has 100% more appeal in this dynamic pose, maybe even enough to attract kids to the line! Give me more.

And while they're at it, Hasbro can give us anal-retentive fanboy collectors a "movie accurate" boxed set of council members as they appeared in The Phantom Menace; seated in their individual chairs. Offer it through the Fan Club (remember the Fan Club, Hasbro? You frickin' own it). All twelve Jedi, a window box that doubles as the Jedi Council Chamber, and a $90 price tag. We'll eat 'em up, I promise.

Good job, Hasbro. Now give us "movie accurate" figures, too.

artdoesart
08-20-2001, 02:45 PM
Yeah well i have to agree, i like the figure besides who wants a bunch of figures sitting down? it would only make sense if they made a council chamber with sits like yoda... but how do they expect to sell figures siiting down, remember hasbro doesn't make it for the hardcore alone but also for kids.. even though i have never met a kid who collected star wars figures...

okay well great sculpt, i would have to say this is probably oneof the best council members made, except adi gallia which i thought was well done...

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 03:54 PM
Well, I think the figure is pretty neat. However I like him better with his original name, Worf.

Finally, a good Star Trek/Star Wars crossover figure.

BenQuad
08-20-2001, 03:59 PM
Seated Council Members - No No No!

Berserker, A**-kicking Council Members - Yes Yes Yes!

Hasbro, keep 'em coming - but agreed with some of you others, don't pose them too much.