PDA

View Full Version : The Only Padme Figure I DON'T Want!!!...

GNT
11-10-2001, 12:08 AM
Check out this picture (http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap017.jpg) of Padme in AOTC,Thats the MOST STUPID thing I've ever seen!

Thoughts???

Fulit
11-10-2001, 12:31 AM
OUCH! Score one for future E2 dissentors!

Looks like a good concept drawing gone horribly bad in real life.

On a side note, wherever did you get that picture?...........

sith_killer_99
11-10-2001, 12:56 AM
Well, the picture says Starwars.com, so my guess would be that he got it from starwars.com?!?!:D

JK

Fulit
11-10-2001, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Well, the picture says Starwars.com, so my guess would be that he got it from starwars.com?!?!:D

JK

hmm....well I guess that would show how much time I spent on that sort of thing.:rolleyes: Anyway, sith killer 99, we never heard your opinion on the picture GNT provided for us...........

GNT
11-10-2001, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
On a side note, wherever did you get that picture?...........

I got the picture from here (http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/ep2teaser_b.php) .Its from the 2nd trailer (which you needed the DVD for)

Fulit
11-10-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by GNT

I got the picture from here (http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/ep2teaser_b.php) .Its from the 2nd trailer (which you needed the DVD for)

%$#@ IT! i HAVE the DVD! It's not helping me any!

GNT
11-10-2001, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
%$#@ IT! i HAVE the DVD! It's not helping me any!

You have to go to the official website to access the trailer!

Rollo Tomassi
11-10-2001, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by GNT
Check out this picture (http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap017.jpg) of Padme in AOTC,Thats the MOST STUPID thing I've ever seen!

Thoughts???

That's because you're looking at it upside down, what with you being in Australia and all. Try standing on your head and...nope...it's still ooogly.

Actually, I find this hairstyle LESS annoying then some of the ones she was wearing in TPM...

LTBasker
11-10-2001, 04:03 AM
Kinda gives ya the feeling that if you say one thing into her ear...it'll just go out the other side.

Her outfits so far seen are worse than the Padme outfit from E1 and the Coruscant one with the McD's arches hairpiece. (Geez, could Lucasfilm come up with anymore of a shameless plug? :D)
Well...they are in my opinion at least. The rest of the trailer looks pretty cool, way better and darker than Episode 1 :eek: but with some parts in the plot that seem to be taken from some non-sci-fi movies... Can't wait for E3 now!

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 11:11 AM
From the other angle you see this hair and outfit from in the trailer, it looks much more "ANH Leia".

bigbarada
11-10-2001, 11:13 AM
Padme's outfit's for EP1 were a direct reaction from GL to the criticism Princess Leia's hair buns got in ANH. I guess he's going more bizarre due to people complaining about the Ep1 outifts (which were all awesome in my mind. BTW, LTBasker, if McDonalds had actually been a promoter for Ep1 you may have had a point; but as it stands.....). SO my guess is, if we complain about these Ep2 styles then they will only get weirder for Ep3.

On a side note I was a little taken aback by the outfit GNT mentioned, but I see nothing wrong with it now. I like all the outfits I've seen for Ep2 thus far. It would've sucked if they used our horrid modern fashion as a reference for Padme's outfits.

evenflow
11-10-2001, 12:20 PM
Back to the hair, not really liking it. :confused:

bigbarada
11-10-2001, 07:08 PM
Don't worry if Ep1 is any indication, we'll only see a handful of Padme's outfits in action figure form. (I've heard she has more costumes in this one than Ep1 :eek: ) I'm sure we'll see a couple of sculpts of the arena version of her (tighty whiteys!) and maybe the Tatooine version of her before anything else.

:evil:

master jedi
11-10-2001, 09:35 PM
I don't mind the costume or the metal head decoration. But I do hate the hair-do.

Obi-Don
11-11-2001, 06:12 AM
Oh please,as a figure.Don't make it,Don't make it!

JEDIpartner
11-13-2001, 08:31 AM
I kinda like it. It has a quasi-Renaissance feel to it- with a little bit of whimsy thrown in for good measure. I think most of the costumes for Padme this time around are a little more functional in terms of pop culture and have an overall "real" feel to them.

I have no problems with the look...

...still don't care much for that "Flash Gordon" spaceship, though.

Tycho
11-14-2001, 10:35 AM
I like all her looks I've seen so far for AOTC.

(Ms. Portman, since I'm defending you, can I have a date?)

bigbarada
11-14-2001, 01:03 PM
It's definitely an attention grabber, but I think that's why I'm beginning to like it.

Jargo
11-14-2001, 06:34 PM
I'd rather have this one than some of the awful monstrosities I've seen so far in insider pics and the like. What's wrong with this outfit and hairdo? I kinda like the Heidi look. I like the beehive look from that meeting in Palpatines office where she looks kinda like Audrey Hepburn. That's a nice outfit. Not that I'd wear it personally but it makes her look almost attractive somehow.... Must be the good job the make-up people did.

Sith Worm
11-14-2001, 06:45 PM
I thought it looked cool have you all see the white one with the arm bands? I'm sure you all have...

GNT
11-15-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
I thought it looked cool have you all see the white one with the arm bands? I'm sure you all have...

The white one would probably be in the first wave of figures to be released,that ones not bad at all.