PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2003, 09:50 AM
This week I bought Family Guy seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and I'm really enjoying it, but is it true that they only made three seasons? Or is it just some rumour that I heard from someone trying to scare me?

James Boba Fettfield
02-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I believe they only got out 3 seasons before being cancelled for good.

JediTricks
02-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Yup, 3 seasons separated over 5 years. Stupid Fox!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-03-2003, 11:54 AM
The DVD's out?! All they had at the store was that big a$s pinata... ;)

dr_evazan22
02-03-2003, 12:09 PM
you can find the DVD on eBay, it's available in the UK. I've never seen any w/ a Region 1 code, if I ever do, I'll definitely buy it. That show was SO funny! One of the few shows to acutally make me LOL.

If any of you guys know of a Region 1, please LMK.

James Boba Fettfield
02-03-2003, 12:47 PM
http://www.sightandsoundguide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=504&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Look at that, dr. evazan

dr_evazan22
02-03-2003, 12:59 PM
JBF, you just made my day! Thank You!

I now know what to ask for my B-day. that comes out the same day as SW Galaxies, so it looks like I'll have to plan my day.

James Boba Fettfield
02-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I will do anything required of me to make sure those Family Guy dvd's fly off the shelves the day they street.

Beast
02-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Of course, it appears that one of the episodes has fallen victim to stupid PC editing. Atleast in region 2. The episode "Road to Rhode Island" in R2 was cut to remove the Osama Bin Laden joke. No word yet whether or not the R1 DVD has suffered the same fate. Another case of stupid PC bullcrap. :rolleyes:

For those that don't know, in the "Road to Rhode Island" episode Stewie tries to board an airplane with a backpack full of weapons. He gets by the X-ray technician by distracting him by singing "On the Good Ship Lollypop". Once past them he mutters "Let's hope Osama Bin Laden doesn't know show tunes."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-03-2003, 05:16 PM
On this R2 disc, are there any extras?

Beast
02-03-2003, 05:24 PM
JT, from what I read the R2 discs have no extras at all. While the R1 discs will have commentary on 8 episodes, promos and such. The R2 season 2 disc does has the lost/banned episode "Once Upon A Wienstien" though. Which is not on the Season 1 & 2 R1 set. From what I've been told, "Once Upon A Wienstien" is being saved for the Season 3 DVD here in the US. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-05-2003, 02:30 PM
I didn't even know this was on DVD. I don't know why they cancel ashows like this and keep crap like Raymond on TV

Jek Porky 2002
02-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Season 1 came out over here around about this time last year, and season 2 came out on 27th January this year, it also has a leaflet saying that Season 3 is coming this April!

As Jar Jar said, niether has any extra's or comentary, just 29 episodes of classic comedy, oh, and optional subtitles, what a treat!

James Boba Fettfield
02-05-2003, 04:18 PM
I just watched that banned episode, man! It was a great episode, too bad they banned it.

El Chuxter
02-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Banned episode? Of what you speak? :)

Details, I wants details. Or a short summary of what it is and why it was banned.

James Boba Fettfield
02-05-2003, 04:52 PM
The episode is titled: "When You Wish Upon A Weinstein"
Show 2ACX05
Total run time: 22:56
And the date on it is: 5/24/2000

I don't know why it was banned. I found it on Kazaa pretty easy. There's a lot of Jewish jokes in it, maybe that's what is offensive. There's a little bit of the Catholics being made fun of (by the use of nuns.) Anyway, what happens in this is that Peter is swindled out of money by a man selling volcano insurance. Peter decides to get a person who knows how to handle money to help him get his money back, so he decides a Jewish man will be the best way to go. A Jewish man happens to need to use Peter's phone, and Peter decides this man is an answer to his prayer. Peter ends up convincing the guy to help him get his money back. Max Weinstein (the Jewish guy, I think he was an accountant) decides to help Peter, and Peter gets his money back. Then Max takes Peter and his family to his temple, and Peter becomes fascinated with how great Jewish people are, so he decides to turn Chris into a Jew by taking him to Vegas to have a bar mitzvah. Lois ends up stopping the ceremony, and all is well. Uh..people who did guest voices are as follows (keep in mind there were others, these are just the bigger names):

Mark Hamill
Ben Stein
Ed McMahon

That's all I got for this episode.

Beast
02-05-2003, 04:53 PM
It's called "When You Wish Upon A Wienstien" and was banned due to the large number of Jewish jokes in it. I've heard it's really not as bad as some people seem to think it is. It's just achieved this cult status due to why it was banned. Here's the episode summery and some quotes from it, from epguides.com. :)

An inspirational visit from a successful Jew -- who could be the answer to Peter's financial crisis -- leads Peter to push Chris to go Jewish, so he too will be successful.

Max: What do you want!?
Peter: Financial advice.
Max: ...wait...how'd you know I was an accountant?
Peter: Helllllooooooooooo, Max WEINSTEIN!!!

Peter: Lois, this is my new friend Max Weinstein! He's Jewish!
Lois: Ooooooooh, how exotic!

Rabbi: Mr. Griffin, why does your son want to become Jewish?
Peter: I dunno...he's bi-curious

Peter: You better watch who you're calling a child Lois. Because if I'm a child, do you know what that makes you? A pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert.

Cleveland: You're the white version of a black guy that's not good with his money.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-348/epid-114145/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
02-05-2003, 05:16 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:Pirate::D:D:D:D:D

That sounds hilarious! Thanks for the info, y'all, and I really hope this is on the season 3 box. (Not that I didn't before, but now I've confirmed it for myself.)

James Boba Fettfield
02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
There's a pretty funny scene involving Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan giving a woman laser eye surgery with a lightsaber.

Then there is when Peter is pointing out the famous Jewish people at the Temple.
"Hey there's Bill Nye the science guy! And half of Lenny Kravitz! Optimus Prime, he's Jewish?!"
And like you would expect, Optimus Prime comes in for a nice transformation scene.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
I just picked up Volume 2, Season 3 and watched "When you Wish upon a weinstein" and it's flippin' hysterical. The parody of "When you wish upon a star" is beyond funny.

The scene w/ Luke Skywalker is great and i nearly started crying when Optimus Prime showed up, transformed and got ready for temple. Not as bad as everybody thinks, but it is not for the easily offendable. :D

JediTricks
09-10-2003, 08:14 PM
It'll be aired on Cartoon Network this fall.

Darth Metalmute
03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
This is the only generic Family Guy thread I could find.

Did anyone see the end of Family Guy Sunday? My DVR cut off the portion before the credits and I didn't what ended up happening to Stewie.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
This is the only generic Family Guy thread I could find.

Did anyone see the end of Family Guy Sunday? My DVR cut off the portion before the credits and I didn't what ended up happening to Stewie.

Peter walks in on Chris and Meg washing Stewie and calls them out on knocking Stewie out. He then says that they will need better hats to cover it up and it's revealed that Peter knocked out CHris and Meg several times when they were kids, both intentionally and unintentionally. As he gets worse, Peter throws Stewie on the driveway as Lois is pulling out and believing she did it, she tells peter they need to cover it up and to get him a hat. Peter tells Lois how much she loves him.

During the credits, Stewie wakes up and says something about how it's now November and what the (bleep) happened to him.

Great ep I thought.

and the bit a few weeks ago with "Guy in the White Hat Griffin" was HYSTERICAL. :thumbsup:

Darth Metalmute
03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
As he gets worse, Peter throws Stewie on the driveway as Lois is pulling out and believing she did it, she tells peter they need to cover it up and to get him a hat. Peter tells Lois how much she loves him.

Thank You.

Right after he says "I love you", the DVR quit recording.
I couldn't stop laughing when he threw stewie under her car.