PDA

View Full Version : Count Dooku was Qui-Gon's Master

Tycho
11-10-2001, 05:16 AM
What do you think?

Pretty cool revelation if you ask me.

It puts Obi-Wan in the middle of his love for his 'father,' and all the doubt he faces about "grandpa Dooku, who's Sith as a Nut" and his crazy padawan.

Rollo Tomassi
11-10-2001, 10:35 AM
It's a nice touch. Not too contrived (like 3PO getting built by Anakin...ugh!) but it makes everything more personal for the main characters. Plus, if that one rumor is cool, Liam came back to shoot footage with Chris Lee for a day. that'll be Sweet to see!

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 12:19 PM
A very cool touch...It suggests that Qui-Gonn was trained by a Master that turned to evil, major foreshadowing to what happens between Obi-Wan and Anakin...

GNT
11-10-2001, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
A very cool touch...It suggests that Qui-Gonn was trained by a Master that turned to evil, major foreshadowing to what happens between Obi-Wan and Anakin...

So true,I hope that seen with Qui Gon is True :)

Obi-Don
11-11-2001, 06:08 AM
This is a new one on me. Cool though.

One reason I like this forum so much.You can find out so much here.

Tycho
11-11-2001, 07:58 AM
Oh, I love the idea.

But I don't really want to see Qui-Gon in Episode 2, I don't think.

He isn't that I'm aware of, and I read everything. Though I still don't have confirmation on Aurra Sing.

Anyway, Qui-Gon was my favorite character in Episode One, but let's leave him there. The themes of the Star Wars movies are about the next generation (in this case an evil one) replacing the former one. (on one level)

In any case, E1 will always be Liam Neeson's Star Wars movie.

It's funny, as it's the most off-balance of any of the films, as I think 4-5-6 had more of an equal balance between all the characters doing something. Empire probably had the most substance for everyone, and Jedi was a big Luke movie. I like ANH a lot for a lot of reasons, but if I had to pick, it was the greatest movie for Alec Guiness, though I like his scenes in Jedi and on Dagobah, in Empire, a lot.

But I don't think any other Star Wars movie gave so much screen time to one character, Liam Neeson's, save for maybe Mark Hamill in Jedi.

Overall, I still think Phantom was a great movie, and was glad to see something a little different, where a lead character was killed, and we saw through to the end of his legacy, and the lives like Obi-Wan and Anakin, that he affected. And now with Dooku, his still-living Master, the legend of Qui-Gon continues.

Wonder if Dooku went to the funeral at all, or if the two men had a falling out, or something. He could have been there, off-screen. It'd be a kicker if Mace and Yoda are trying to figure things out, and they're standing right there with BOTH Sith. LOL!