PDA

View Full Version : Why is Queen Amidala so expensive????

Rabbit4x
02-03-2003, 06:03 PM
I was on Ebay and just wanted to complete the Episode 1 set. Well, I stumpled upon the Queen Amidala with Ascension gun. I was wondering why is it so expensive. Is it rare, why is that? Where is it from? Can anyone clairfy???

Beast
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
She was among the last E1 figures produced, and was somewhat hard to find at the time. She was in the very last wave of Collection 2 figures along with Sio Bibble and the Pit Droid 2-Pack. :)

MTFBWy and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
02-03-2003, 07:34 PM
This really is a great figure, unfort might have to spend a good chunk of change on it.
I got mine off ebay, I scouted out a few auctions and saw what the going price was and won one for around $30.

Some might frown at the price, and I would have preferred to pay retail, but since I was activelly drinking instead of collecting in those days I could only blame myself.

The good part about the EP1 line is that even with Amidala, Sio, Darth Holo, etc... mark-ups, with all the good deals online you can easily complete the line below the '99 beginning retail prices.

,and since I'm not cheap and just don't wait for clearance sales that's the amount I would've paid anyhow.

Jedi Master Silas
02-04-2003, 12:04 AM
I got the Sio from a trade but I never got the Pit Droids or the Amidala w/ ascension gun. I dont think I'd pay $30 for her but I would trade items for her.

JangoFart
02-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Along with TC-14, Swimming Jar-Jar, and the Naboo Royal Guard and the ones Jar-Jar mentioned, this particular Amidala came out right about the time that the EP1 line died a horrible, but deserving, death. I thought those last few figures were the best of the bunch and the line was headed in a good direction. Some schmoe at Hasbro thought it was time for the POTJ line. (I dig the line's figures, but hated the cards.)

J

Lewis
02-09-2003, 04:45 AM
I paid 20 for my Amidala along with TC-14, kept in Star cases!! :p