PDA

View Full Version : Anyone enjoying an academy award's dept. viewing DVD of LOTR:TT???

scruffziller
02-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I am. My brother knows someone who knows someone on the inside who gets a bunch of these movies and has about a terabyte of movie info in his computer made especially for ripping these movies.:D

Beast
02-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Academy Screeners suck. I'll wait for the official DVD release, since I don't enjoy the "For your Consideration: Property of New Line Cinema" running at the bottom of the screen. Not to mention, I also don't agree with the illegal copying and distribution of things like this. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Uh, Jar Jar, might wanna cover your eyes for this. :crazed:

Yeah, i dl a copy of this over the weekend and it's marvelous!!! Only glitch is it gets wacky @7:55 when gollum attacks, but if you skip ahead a few seconds, it's fine. The "for your consideration" is hella bareable, considering this will hold me over until it comes out on DVD which I am planning to buy!

Ok Jar Jar, open your eyes!!

And then i said, "no! illegal distribution is wrong, don't ever do it again, i say!!" and then the kid ran off. Tell you what, these kids and their illegal movies, i dunno what's gone wrong with this world!! tehehheehhe :D

Beast
02-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Well, as long as you promise to buy the actual DVD release, I won't go insane. That's my only real problem with bootlegs and copies of academy screeners. Now if the person is only using them as somthing to get by until the official DVD release then I won't complain to much. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
02-04-2003, 01:39 AM
I use bootlegs to see movies that I would never pay to see. For example, I plan to download Master of Disguise very soon.

12inch Lando
02-04-2003, 04:53 AM
You're a sick, sick man QLD. A sick, sick man.

187-Maul
02-04-2003, 10:24 AM
I have the bootleg DVD also, my dad got it from a friend who got it from Russia some weeks ago, and we copied it from him (DVD-burner:D ) and you can choose between english and russian so it's no problem
and it's real DVD quality, in fact I watched it yesterday evening again, the Helm's Deep Battle is just so awesome, and the "for your consideration" isn't that ennoying since it's only for some seconds every 10 minutes
now I dont need he normal DVD anymore when it's released and can wait till the Extended Version comes out, which I will definitly still buy of course

scruffziller
02-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Yes I will be buying the Extended as well.

With any luck. my brother might find Return of the King as well.

Darth Trymybestus
02-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Now if the person is only using them as somthing to get by until the official DVD release then I won't complain to much. :)

You mean you didn't download Attack of the Clones to keep you going during those painful 6 months until the DVD release???? :confused: :)

Beast
02-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Nope, that's what the theater is for. Especially the $1.50 cheapy theater. It's still better on the big screen, then sitting and watching at the computer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-04-2003, 06:57 PM
a little off topic.. but how are you coping with the wait until Episode III JJB?:)

Beast
02-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Coping fine. There are excellent DVD's and Movies coming out between now and May 2005. Not to mention the good spoilers will start flowing once filming starts. That usually gets me excited and I have to devour every one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-04-2003, 07:15 PM
I too am a spoiler junkie, I remember hearing that there was a set called "the fetts apartment", I remember thinking "woah!", what did you think when you heard that? :)