PDA

View Full Version : Online petition for OT DVDs !!

corporal AMF
02-04-2003, 05:10 AM
Check this out and vote ;) :

To: Lucasfilm, Limited & starwars.com
This petition is, from what I have experienced in the years since the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition, for a request to Lucasfilm to open an online forum for fans of the Star Wars series to submit errors in the Special Edition that may not have been caught by Lucasfilm staff, as well as addressing enhancements that fans feel should not have been made or were missed entirely. If these errors can be dealt with before their "final" release on DVD, it would be a huge statement to fans everywhere, that Lucasfilm & all involved in the process of restoration & preservation of one of the most successful series of all time, do indeed care about these classic films & what has/has not been done to them. I have a long list of things that are wrong with these versions of the films, & remember plain as day the looks on people's faces in the theater when they occurred. So, please sign this petition & let's see if we can get results!

http://www.petitiononline.com/jeditray/petition.html

12inch Lando
02-04-2003, 05:50 AM
Very nice post but I don't think George gives a damn about what fans think. If someone has some proof that George actually cares one wit about what we fans think concerning the films then I'm willing to listen.

Pendo
02-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanx for the link.

Signed :)

PENDO!

Beast
02-04-2003, 07:11 PM
A petition won't matter, Lucas doesn't have the time to currently devote to the OT DVD's. He's already said that on numerous occassions. We'll see them after E3 has come out on DVD, and Lucas has time to devote himself to produce the DVD's he wants. Remeber that unlike the new movies, it's not quite as simple to throw together a DVD release. The films need remastering, special features and such need dug out of the Lucasfilm archives. Remember what Yoda says, "You must learn patience." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
02-05-2003, 01:44 AM
That petition is a slap in the face to all Star Wars fans, and there's no way in hell I'd EVER sign that.

These movies are made to be enjoyed for what they are, not to be blasted for what we want them to be. The author of that petition doesn't have a clue.

Beast
02-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Oh, so it's a petition to scour the OT with a fine tooth comb and change every mistake from them for the new Archival Editions. Well, my above statements still stand about rushing Lucas to do anything with the OT. As for making all these changes, no thanks.

What right do we have to say what should be changed with these films. We're not the creator, owner, or shareholder in Star Wars. And being fans gives us no voice in what happens with the movies. Lucas will fix and redo whatever he wants, and we already have some ideas of what he has planned. So I agree with Mini-Rock's statements. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks