PDA

View Full Version : Luke Jedi Knight: The Wait Is Almost Over - Feb. 13th!!

Beast
02-05-2003, 02:34 AM
From StarWars.Hasbro.Com:
Check back on the February 13th to see the next wave of Collection 1 Basic Figures.

Looks like it won't be much longer, before we finally know what Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight, Darth Vader: Removable Helmet (rumor), and SnowTrooper will look like. I can't wait, so since we know when we'll see them, let's discuss what we're hoping for. Biggest problem I can see, is that there is almost no way the Luke can live up to the anticipation. :)

Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Death Star II version. Binders, Lightsaber, Tons of Articulation. Hopefully no gimmicks, like Anakin: Secret Ceremony. If they do add one, hopefully it's not that bad, like the one on Luke: Bespin. Would be neat to see them include a soft goods Endor Poncho and Helmet as well. But that will probably get saved for a future figure.

Darth Vader: Return of the Jedi - Hopefully a new to scale version of the POTF2 Removable Helmet Vader. So it needs a 2 piece removable helmet (dome & mask), Lightsaber, Tons of Articulation, Soft plastic or soft goods cape. No gimmicks, unless it's small like the one on the Luke: Bespin. No huge button sticking out his back.

Snowtrooper - Blaster Rifle, Tons of Articulation like the Commtech Stormie. Neck, Arms, Elbows, Waist, Legs. Maybe wrists and knees as well. If he has to have an action feature, make it a quickdraw and put the button in his backpack. Soft plastic cape and facemask so that his head can still turn. Just make him so he looks and can be posed, like the attached photo. :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=103

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Hopefully they'll be gimmickless (look at how people are now hyped about wedding Anakin!)

Luke - Jedi outfit with non-molded vest (so with a little work it's removeable, like the Endor Soldier but thinner), cloak, Jabba's Guard blaster, Endor poncho, Endor helmet and plenty of articulation.

Vader - plenty of articulation, soft goods cape, and removeable helmet (as mentioned by JJB).

Snowtrooper - CTC Stormy articulation, except with the ability to hold his blaster with both hands. Soft goods cape (they'd rock if they could kneel and blast), and possibly a blaster rifle just as an extra.

Yeah it's asking for too much considering even Han's gimmickized, they will be too and the articulation and accessorys will be minimal.

Beast
02-05-2003, 03:02 AM
LTBasker, I like the ideas but there is one thing. We've had way to many versions of the Jabba's Palace Luke: Jedi. We haven't gotten a Death Star II version of Luke since 1997 with the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. And that one is action posed, and quite old. And then we have the Vader. :)

Vader is strongly suggested to be an update of the POTF2 Removable Helmet version. So I'm almost positive that Hasbro would do the Luke to match. Similar to what they did with the recent Bespin Luke and Vader. So you can see why I think they'll do the DSII version. I wouldn't mind a new Jabba's Palace version in a year or so though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-05-2003, 08:13 AM
I pretty much agree with everything you said, JJB:)
only thing I want to add is a magnet in Luke's and Vader's belt but that has been discussed many times and I don't think that habsro will do it (and luke didn't have his lightsaber hanging from his belt at the ending anyway), so that means I also want a new Luke's ROTJ metal lightsaber
oh boy, I can't wait for the new pics:D

Jargo
02-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Please please please don;t let this snowtrooper be posed in an extreme position, please don't let it be gimmicked, please don't let it be a hard cape, please don't let it be stupid.

Luke I don't want and Vader had better be good after that Bespin thing and the 25th anni one. Soft goods cape and removable helmet sound like the best to me with a load of articulation.

Feb 13th is my official birthday and I'd hate a disappointment on that day. Somehow though I can feel it in my waters......... :(

aceguide
02-05-2003, 09:28 AM
I will be patient and refrain from anticipating the worst. This Luke has to be one of the most anticipated rescuplts in recent memory. I just pray they do a good job with it...

LTBasker
02-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
LTBasker, I like the ideas but there is one thing. We've had way to many versions of the Jabba's Palace Luke: Jedi. We haven't gotten a Death Star II version of Luke since 1997 with the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. And that one is action posed, and quite old. And then we have the Vader. :)

But you see, the removeable vest is what I mean by that. We can have Luke pre-DS and Luke DS all in one figure. They've been doing seperately molded vests/jackets/cloaks lately even if they're not meant to be removeable you can still do that. All the latest Hans, Rebel Trooper, Endor Soldier, and Nikto Jedi's Cloak. I don't think they're all or even most meant to be removeable with the right articulation you can take off the vest/jacket/cloak with no trouble like the Endor Soldier. So since the vest would just be smaller than the Rebel Trooper's and wouldn't need the arms to go through sleeves, it wouldn't disrupt ANY articulation that would help Luke be neutral. :happy:

Beast
02-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
This Luke has to be one of the most anticipated rescuplts in recent memory.
That's the biggest problem, because it's going to be almost impossible for Hasbro to meet the huge anticipation for this figure. We can hope though. :)

Originally posted by LTBasker
But you see, the removeable vest is what I mean by that. We can have Luke pre-DS and Luke DS all in one figure. They've been doing seperately molded vests/jackets/cloaks lately even if they're not meant to be removeable you can still do that. All the latest Hans, Rebel Trooper, Endor Soldier, and Nikto Jedi's Cloak. I don't think they're all or even most meant to be removeable with the right articulation you can take off the vest/jacket/cloak with no trouble like the Endor Soldier. So since the vest would just be smaller than the Rebel Trooper's and wouldn't need the arms to go through sleeves, it wouldn't disrupt ANY articulation that would help Luke be neutral. :happy:
I see what you mean, but since the vest is closed it's a bit tough to figure exactly how to do it. I guess they could do it in soft goods with an elastic middle so that it hugs his chest and would also make it easy to slip on and off. I still think it would be best to do the DSII version now, and then in a year or so give us a new Jabba's Palace Luke with vest and cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-05-2003, 03:06 PM
I can not wait for these figures. Hopefully they will have no gimmicks. I personally want the snowtrooper. I always loved that character. I know it is just a stormtrooper with a different helmet but it looks cool. Darth Vader should be sweet as well as Luke. I hope they dont set them up for the saber fight at the end of the movie though. I would love to see Luke be able to battle Boba on the skiff.

fourtwo
02-05-2003, 03:27 PM
i just hope they don't screw up the snowtrooper, its one of my favorite characters.

AmanaMatt
02-05-2003, 04:12 PM
I almost pity the fools at Hasbro over these figures; most of their announced figures have been lacking, and that new Han has put fear and dread in the hearts of some.

there is no way Hasbro is going to have these figures live up to the fans' expectations. If Luke has a action button, people will freak, and since he is probably Coll 1, I am more afraid than not...

Here's hoping!

Lman316
02-05-2003, 06:06 PM
I refuse to let myself get my hopes up. I have been excited about this figure, but I keep telling myself that it's going to be garbage.
That way, I won't be disappointed. If it's horrible, I knew it already, and if it's great, then good. I "win" either way.
But I just have to believe that this is going to have an "inaction feature" as will the Vader.
You know, if they did this right, though, I would definitely be buying more than one (probably 3 - 4). However, if they screw it up like they've been doing lately, I won't buy any... I have already decided to pass on Mace (I just saw some new pics and the robe is half cloth and half rubber - it looks so stupid), the new R2, the new Boba, almost all the new Deluxe and I'm kicking myself over Tyranus and Acklay Obi-Wan (so that would have been two more that I didn't buy, if I had known).
So, I'm hoping they didn't have the "we'll sell more figures if we can appeal to both collectors and kids!" mentality with Jedi Luke. Because they won't appeal anything to me if they include a gimmick.

Just my two cents. :D

End...

Darth Trymybestus
02-05-2003, 06:06 PM
JarJar, you are so right about the anticipation and hype for this figure, I mean look at The Phantom Menace, there has never been a movie as hyped as that.
It was truly impossible for George Lucas to live up to that hype.

As far as Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight, I'm truly excited about this figure but I won't really judge it until I see detailed photos of it.
When I saw the first picture of Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony, it looked cool but it looked even better when I saw detailed photos.
I hope that it has good articulation, metal lightsaber, magnet in the hand, binders, maybe a cloak, and hopefully NO action feature. As long as it has a good sculpt I won't mind if the action feature is like the Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel.
As for Darth Vader, I hope it's an awesome sculpt like the Bespin Duel Vader, I hope they do them kinda in a pair like they did with the Bespin figures.

These figures are hyped so much that even if they turn out to be awesome, some people will still find things that they don't like about them.
Ah as long as they improve on the POTF2 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, I'll be glad!

I wonder if they'll have the part of his vest folded over like the end of the fight?
I mean the bespin figures are kinda scene specific, they're from the scene when vader reaches out to Luke and then Luke falls.
So I wonder if they'll be from the scene where Luke cuts Vader's hand off and then takes his helmet off?? :confused: :)

Old Fossil
02-05-2003, 06:16 PM
I would settle for a Luke Jedi sans the massive articulation, if only he is a good sculpt and neutrally-posed. I can live with an action button as long as it's discreetly placed. I personally want Jedi Luke from Jabba's Palace with a decent soft goods cloak.

Vader I could care less about. I already have a number of 'em, except for the latest Bespin and 25th Anniversary versions, and I like them all. No need for another, in my book.

Now the Snowie they need to articulate everywhere it is possible to do so. And no 'dirty' look, please. Clean, white, shiny armor all over, that's the ticket. I liked the POTF2 version well enough, except for the dingy skirt. Maybe it's movie accurate, but I could give a fig about that where the snowtrooper is concerned. It, too, is one of my favorite Imperials, and if it's well done, I'll buy 'em when and where I find 'em.

Jerjerrod
02-05-2003, 06:18 PM
I hope Luke is posed exactly like he was standing on the top of the staircase in the DS throne room after knocking Vader down, with a neutral pose and hair messed up.

I hope Vader's sculpt is accurate, that's all. The Bespin was very good already, so I hope this one is just as good but with a fun 2-piece helmet to play with. No action features please!

I hope Snowtrooper is as good as CTC Stormie, but with soft plastic face mask that is separate from the body. Make it a collection 2 so it will have a neutral pose, like all the other troops and officers.

I hope I hope I hope... always whining. :p

Darth Trymybestus
02-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
I hope Luke is posed exactly like he was standing on the top of the staircase in the DS throne room after knocking Vader down, with a neutral pose and hair messed up.

you mean you don't want a neat side parting? :D :crazed:

Jerjerrod
02-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
you mean you don't want a neat side parting? :D :crazed:

Hahaha! :D Hey, wasn't that already done with the Skiff Jedi Luke? :D

Now that you bring it up, would anyone care for an EU older Luke with receeding hairline? :D

Darkross
02-06-2003, 11:40 AM
I hate the Skiff Luke...what a piece of junk...WORST PACKIN....EVER!

Jargo
02-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Worse than the carbon freeze chamber bespin guard with stretch pants? Or the figure that came with the EU cloud car? again a stretch pants nightmare. The skiff luke legs are great for using on custom figures though. Any figure with knees is a bonus for customising. But as figures go skiff Luke was pretty weak and the head was awful.

evenflow
02-06-2003, 02:59 PM
I am looking forward to Luke. We really do need a new one.

aceguide
02-06-2003, 04:10 PM
JJB - The anticipation of this figure is going to make it impossible to find.

However, the EXPECTATION is too high for this figure to ever be satisfactory to many collectors.

I myself am looking forward to this new toy, and will enjoy it regardless.

Paul-Kenobi
02-07-2003, 02:04 AM
i hate to brust your bubble but your forgeting what COULD BE ON IT

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight-

( forgottin) He could be posed like he was in the moive.

He could have a metal lightsaber hilt, and that's it.

Gimmic's he could have.

Slashing lightsaber action.

Arm Lashing action. ( when he extends his hand to get his lightsaber)

Quick draw Action. ( he could be just from endor)

He could allso have limited artulation.

Darth Vader Return Of Jedi Jedi-

Forgottin

you forget he could have limited artulation

Gimmic

Swinging Lightsaber action

Slashing lightsaber action

you allso forget that if vader has a removeble helmat he must allso have A REMOVEABLE HAND remember his hand got cut off at the end of the moive.

just a friendly reminder :) :)

jjreason
02-07-2003, 05:00 AM
It's enough to make me ill. I think this place will be at near record capacity next week to see Luke. Bastards better get that damn pic up on schedule or there'll be hell to pay. Who they'll have to pay it to I have no idea, but there just will. :Pirate:

gibbspaulus
02-07-2003, 06:16 AM
They'll probably do one of two things...

Skiff luke body, with trash compactor head.

Saga Bespin Luke, but painted black...:D

Of course I'm being facetious (!), but just look at the 'new' high-council yoda... They've done it before.

Rogue II
02-07-2003, 09:17 AM
If Luke is the DS2 version, I wonder if Hasbro will give him lightning for a "Emperor's Wrath" feature.

Darkross
02-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
If Luke is the DS2 version, I wonder if Hasbro will give him lightning for a "Emperor's Wrath" feature.

I hope so...would be nice to see a new Palpatine - Emperor's Wrath fig that would include the lightning bolts...the POTF2 version looks wierd with the lightning coming out of his cuffs.

Jargo
02-08-2003, 09:51 AM
I still think a Luke Emperor's wrath figure posed writthing in agony would be cool. That grey powdery look on his shirt and electro bolts all round him with one coming off pointing upwards that you could connect to the Emperor. Or have a new soft goods super poseable Emperor figure too and the lightning bolts connect in the middle, so luke has one half pointing out toward the Emperor and then the Emprerors just merges in with that to make on huge blast of Sith nastiness. And make it white with blue accents not this blue poo they give everyone.
I like the idea of a defeated luke rather than a victorious one.

Rogue II
02-08-2003, 06:02 PM
I just fear what hasbro would do with the defeated Luke's face. It would have some sort of funky expression on it that would make the figure useless for any other scene.

Beast
02-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah, he'd probably have a screaming face with lightning painted on his teeth. I just want a really good Luke: Jedi Knight from the final duel. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Button activated wracked with pain action feature, push the button and luke spasms all over the place :evil: :D

Beast
02-08-2003, 07:07 PM
I don't mind action features, but I would be right alongside everyone else complaining about that one. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
02-08-2003, 09:10 PM
It would be like the old Ghostbusters figure line. :D :crazed:

:rolleyes:

coy5
02-09-2003, 12:41 AM
The emperor's wrath luke sounds good. They could then do an emperor figure with lightning, and, some way for the Emperor's wrath potj vader to pick up and throw into the dsII's power core, 'er I mean whatever.

Emperor Howdy
02-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Snowtroopers kind of depress me. They seem unhappy. They have plastic bags around their heads. They seem underdressed and cold. I want to hug a snowtrooper. :zzz:

joe-da
02-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Or he could be well-articulated, an overall excellent sculpt with NO gimmicks.... but have buck teeth like the last X-Wing Pilot Luke.

Jargo
02-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Y'know he could have the same gimmick as Mace Windu: total screw-up.
I don't know. I've damned it before they've shown it but somehow i have a feeling that the hardcopy they use for the packaging shots and the shot they show on the 13th will be the best its going to look. Lately the hardcopy shots have been much better than the final product. Maybe it's because Luke has never been a favourite character. And mark hamill's performance in ROTJ seems lacklustre compared to his enthusiasm for ANH which shows through. I've just never felt any empathy with luke beyond ESB. So any figures of Luke for ROTJ leave me cold. And maybe that's why i'd like to see a writhing in agony defeated Luke because I would have been happier if he'd failed at the Emperor's hands and died to pay penance for his crappy smug performance.

I think all the heros should bitten dust at the end of ROTJ and the Emperor should have been triumphant. Let evil win for once. :D Well maybe getting rid of vader. He doesn't exactly do much. Just stands around shaking his fist and muttering threats in a pantomime way.

Um, yeah, Luke figure.

New game: Guess the number of articulation points he'll have.

I say 11. :)

Darth Trymybestus
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
And mark hamill's performance in ROTJ seems lacklustre compared to his enthusiasm for ANH which shows through. I've just never felt any empathy with luke beyond ESB.

It's to do with the character and not Mark Hamill, in A New Hope, he's a bright eyed young boy taking his first steps into a larger world.
In Empire Strikes Back, he almost gets killed by Darth Vader, then finds out that he's his father, then he tries to commit suicide.
In Return of the Jedi, he's now a much more focused individual, he's almost a fully fledged Jedi Knight and he knows he has to face his destiny of facing his father in battle once more. :)

Jargo
02-09-2003, 03:03 PM
No, it's bad acting. ;) I know where the character is coming from but all the actors in ROTJ seem bored and listless. Especially when they have to deliver dialogue that's that bad. Take for example that scene where luke tells leia i the Ewok village that he has to go fight vader and that she's his sister and if he fails she has to carry on the fight. Fulfil the prophesy. Hamill and fisher have all the pazazz of a dead Cod. It's an emotional moment and i get the emotional feeling of nothing much-nevermind-another-dollar-another day.
They just don't act in my opinion. They go through the motions simply marking time until the next action sequence. in fact they seem embarrased to be doing the scene altogether.
That's just one scene and i could go on but this is off topic and so i'll return it by saying:

Only three days to go.... :D

sith_killer_99
02-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Luek tries to commit suicide in ESB?

Darth Trymybestus
02-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

well, he sees no other option than to fall to his death when Vader says "join me, and together we can rule the Galaxy as Father and Son". It just so happens that Leia comes to save him.
Jar Jar Binks, whaddya think? Is that right? :)

Beast
02-10-2003, 03:58 AM
Well, it's definatly Luke from the Final Duel. Hasbro updated their list, and included the full names for Luke, Vader, and the Snowie. Here's the scoop. :)

'03 #17 Luke Skywalker: Throne Room Duel
'03 #18 Darth Vader: Throne Room Duel
'03 #19 Snowtrooper: The Battle of Hoth

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-10-2003, 04:09 AM
Ahhhhh you know, Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker are sounding more and more like the Bespin Duel figures, I'm feeling really optimistic about those 2.
I wonder if we'll get any diorama pieces like in the Bespin figures? Maybe the railing that Vader hangs onto when Luke cuts his hand off? :)

Emperor Howdy
02-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

No, no, no.....Luke tries to commit suicide in Empire. Luek, the cross-dressing Trandoshian from Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, finds pitiful solace in the arms of a different Gamorrean Guard every night. Sad, really. :(

TIE Pilot
02-10-2003, 05:41 PM
No, no, no.....Luke tries to commit suicide in Empire. Luek, the cross-dressing Trandoshian from Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, finds pitiful solace in the arms of a different Gamorrean Guard every night. Sad, really.

This is EU? :D

Jargo
02-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Better than.

Old Fossil
02-10-2003, 08:43 PM
A Luek figure would be cool! (With Gamorrean suitor pack-in...so to speak.):kiss:

Rogue II
02-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by TIE Pilot
This is EU? :D

Yes, it is pure E. U. (Emperor Howdy's Universe)

Darkross
02-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Well, it's definatly Luke from the Final Duel. Hasbro updated their list, and included the full names for Luke, Vader, and the Snowie. Here's the scoop. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes...I can hardly wait! Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

A.J.
02-11-2003, 04:37 PM

Jar Jar Binks

For some reason when I saw these names in print, I got the sickening feeling they might have Mace's "total control" mechanism. I have a bad feeling about this... and I hope it's totally wrong.

hango fett
02-11-2003, 05:08 PM
well, thursday we will see. i hope they are kick@$$!
h

The Overlord Returns
02-11-2003, 05:11 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Erm....what other scene COULD the snowtrooper be from?????

#19 Snowtrooper: Endor Battle
#19 Snowtrooper: Arctic Weather Watcher
#19 Snowtrooper: Special Victims Unit

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2003, 05:18 PM
LOL Curse you Overlord, i was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! I always thought the Snowtrooper was from the Battle of Geonosis and then reappears at the Battle of Yavin, but hey, i could be wrong.

A few more days...oh, anticipation, building..... :D

Beast
02-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Well, they could have done the SnowTrooper Officer that appears in the cockpit of the AT-AT. The one that General Veers orders to "Debark for ground assault.". And then it would have been: SnowTrooper: Infantry Officer. He's the one with the hard plastic mask, instead of loose plastic one. He also has a rank badge on his chestplate. Besides, you know Hasbro loves to give figures detailed names, especially if they are new versions of old figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
02-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Well, they could have done the SnowTrooper Officer that appears in the cockpit of the AT-AT. The one that General Veers orders to "Debark for ground assault.". And then it would have been: SnowTrooper: Infantry Officer. He's the one with the hard plastic mask, instead of loose plastic one. He also has a rank badge on his chestplate. Besides, you know Hasbro loves to give figures detailed names, especially if they are new versions of old figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well thanks a friggin' bunch for ruining my attempt at humour JJB!!!! ;)

JediTricks
02-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
LOL Curse you Overlord, i was thinking the EXACT same thing Same here :crazed: My favorite was Snowtrooper (Massassi Temple) :D

Jargo
02-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Snowtrooper: Dagobah confrontation, Maybe Snowtrooper Tatooine: Tusken raider skirmish. :p

Banthaholic
02-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Mythical Fan's Choice # 5
1. new R5-D4
2. Leia - Bespin
3. Snowtooper concept Design
4. Yarna D'al Gargan
5. New Jabba

And the winner is the Snowtrooper Concept design, somehow it suddenly makes sense that his name is Ralph...

mylow thehutt
02-12-2003, 12:17 PM
If it's throne battel will that rule out the posablites of a 2 part helmet vader,since he was unmaksed after the battel. just a thought.:cry:

jblodgett
02-12-2003, 12:24 PM
WAYYY too much build up here.

The two "Final Duel" figures are going to SUCK.

cassanova frankensti
02-12-2003, 01:20 PM
I agree. Waaay too much hype here. People are projecting their wildest dreams and then just assuming that that is what Hasbro is going to make. These could be really special figures, or they just as easily could be total crap with wacky action features, with buttons sticking out of thier waists and huge wheels spinning in their backs and posed like they are doing a split. Maybe Vader's helmet will be removeable. Maybe not. Maybe Luke will have sabre-slashing action. Maybe not. Maybe they will be highly detailed and awesome. Maybe not. Gotta see the pics.

Jargo
02-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Yes, that's true. But simply waiting for pictures is boring. It's far more interesting to whip yourself up into a frenzied hype and then discuss endlessly the varying infinite possibilities as to how it could look and then be bitterly disappointed and scream about how bad it is or be totally awed and scream about how fantastic it is. If there's nothing between announcement and pictures then what's to discuss? Some of come here to discuss not simply to comment. It helps to keep the interest going.

Beast
02-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, today is the day. Now the patient wait for StarWars.Hasbro.Com to update with the pictures. Then a whole new discussion can begin about what we saw. After Anakin: Secret Ceremony, I don't think we have all that much to fear. Hasbro knows how much we want an updated Luke: Jedi and Darth: Removable Helmet. Well, we all hope it's a new RH Vader. That's still only a strong rumor right now. But hopefully they are everything we hoped for and more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-13-2003, 03:35 AM
I wonder what the reactions would have been if we had a countdown thread to the revealing of that new Mace figure. :D

Honestly, what happen if Hasbro decided to go for "total lightsaber control" on another popular character like Jedi Luke? :crazed:

The forums would probably die from over-use of the :eek: smiley, and I'd probably die from laughter. :crazed:

Beast
02-13-2003, 03:44 AM
I don't think that will be the case. We would have heard the "Total Control" moniker associated with it before they gave it an actual name. Besides, Hasbro knew at Cel 2 how high the expectations were for a new version of this figure. They don't wanna risk the massive coronaries. Besides, Mace seems to be like the Anakin: Peasent outfit. Just a test to try somthing. I don't think we'll ever see TC on any more figures. Knock wood. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Well it's my birthday today so this better not spoil it for me......

Old Fossil
02-13-2003, 07:43 AM
Waiting...:zzz:

(Happy Birthday, EJ!)

Beast
02-13-2003, 07:44 AM
Cool!! Happy Birthday, Jargo. Hope it's a good one, and that you get some nice gifts. Hopefully the figures are also good ones, or it will ruin your birthday and my sleep. Can't believe I decided to stay up all night, waiting for the pictures to go up. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Happy B-day Jargo!!! That makes you what? 84? 67? 12?

Where are the pictures?:confused:

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Yeah. It is Feb 13. Where are the damn pictures?

I feel bad for you guys if you really did stay up all night waiting for them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2003, 10:13 AM
yeah, my thoughts exactly. I want the pics, por favor!!!! This will be the valentine to myself and then i can go back to bed!! C'mon hasbro!!!!! Maybe they're too ashamed to post it or better yet, it's so spectacular, they know it'll be worth the suspense. :D

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 10:32 AM
I really don't care about the picture of Luke, I want to see if Hasbro has made the snowtrooper any better. I'm hoping that the head is moveable instead of having the thing welded to the chest like all the others.

COME ON HASBRO GIVE UP THE PICS:evil: :evil:

Kidhuman
02-13-2003, 11:14 AM
No pics yet Just that same list. Happy b-day Jargo. 31 eh?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2003, 11:28 AM
frankly, i'm surprised these already haven't been leaked. I mean, SS had Episode I pics months in advance and the amount of anticpation around this figure is immense, so i figured it would've gotten out by now. If only hasbro would update and post their site!!! ahhh!!! :D

Jargo
02-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Actually, I'm, um, 35 :eek: nowaitaminutethatcan'tberightsurely? Oh - my - god!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D I'm an old old man......

Now, where's these damn pictures?

Darkross
02-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Patience...everyone...you're all starting to sound like Nute Gunray in AOTC!. Boy that guy annoys me! hahaha!

I'm with all of you though...when O when will Hasbro stop teasing us!

Darkross
02-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Happy B-Day JARGO!

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 12:04 PM
It came fast too Hun Jargo? Well I'll be hitting 33 this August, guess that makes you the old dog!:D :D

Either way, I hope your day is a great one for ya!!

Lman316
02-13-2003, 12:36 PM
I keep thinking that they're going to wait until the late afternoon or something to show the pics; give everyone a chance to get a "first look."
I've been up since 10 this morning and I'm getting a bit peeved :p. I keep hitting refresh on the Hasbro page, hoping to see "As of Feb. 13th, 2003" :D.

I know that my excitement will probably be for nothing (like I said, I'm going to remain skeptical and negative until I actually see it), but I have to see this. I don't want to wait anymore.
Hurry up, Hasbro!

End...

aceguide
02-13-2003, 02:17 PM
The suspense is killing me.............

Paul-Kenobi
02-13-2003, 02:18 PM
indeed C'mon hasbro!!!!!:frus:

187-Maul
02-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Happy Birthday Jargo!
now where are the pics!?!
I'm doing exactly the same that you are doing, Lman316, I keep on hitting the refresh button but still nothing:frus:
I want the pics...

Old Fossil
02-13-2003, 02:56 PM
(still waiting...)

I wish my young Boba Fett figure was made with the same complexion as the one they have pictured at starwars.hasbro! Mine looks like a Caulkin brother, he's so pale.

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 03:10 PM
How pathetic we all are, pressing the "Refresh" button on our browsers.. like mice waiting for the cheese.

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Hurm.........

Something tells me you guys aren't getting your Luke and Vader pics today....

187-Maul
02-13-2003, 03:52 PM
I think I really won't get the pics today since it's already 9:49 pm here in france, but luckily I don't have school this and next week so I can stay up all night waiting for these pics...

Beast
02-13-2003, 03:58 PM
The pics may still pop up, it's only 3:56 PM EST. So Hasbro's office is still open for business. It would suck if somthing happened to delay the pictures going up. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 04:01 PM
are their offices on the east or west coast?

If it's west, theoretically there are a few more hours for them to post 'em.......

Jerjerrod
02-13-2003, 04:08 PM
The longer I wait, the less i want to see them.....

Beast
02-13-2003, 04:12 PM
They are on the east coast. Pawtucket, RI to be exact. Usually by now if they weren't going to update the "Check back on the February 13th to see the next wave of Collection 1 Basic Figures." thing from the last update would have myseriously vanished or been altered. Of course, somthing could have happened to delay the pictures going up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Oh come on!!! I leave for a while come home thinking that the damn pics will be there and BAMM nothing!!

man were are all soooooo sad. Is it April or are we all the fools here waiting for these pics? Funny thing is we'll all end up crying about them in some way shape or form. They better be worth all this pain:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Lman316
02-13-2003, 04:19 PM
I see no other reason for a delay than them wanting to toy with us. They want anticipation to be so high, and then "whammo!" the figures suck and we're all let down :cry:. At least that's just how I see it :D.
I guess I should have expected no less from Hasbro. They say there will be pictures on the 13th, so obviously there will be no pictures. But, to give them some kind of credit and looking at it from a different point of view: the pictures will still show up on Feb. 13th........ just in 2004.

End... :p

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 04:20 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, POST THE PICS!!!!!!!!

I've darn near soiled myself waiting for these fool things!

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 04:28 PM
We should rename this thread to THE WAIT HAS JUST BEGUN!!!

I swear if they don't live up to the hype I'll...I'll....I'll.......still be waiting, damm!!!!!!!!!

Beast
02-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Even if they are the greatest figures ever made in the history of the Star Wars line, there will still be complaints. Hell, even Ephant Mon got a few complaints. Hasbro's not going to please everyone, lets just hope they please the majority of us. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
02-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Even if they are the greatest figures ever made in the history of the Star Wars line, there will still be complaints. Hell, even Ephant Mon got a few complaints. Hasbro's not going to please everyone, lets just hope they please the majority of us. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The only problems that I had with Ephant Mon were: 1, mine (for some reason or another) keeps toppling over. And I didn't expect that with his size. It has to do with how his feet and waist are positioned and it's really not that big of a deal (he's fine when he has his cane, so I'm okay :D). 2, the paint job. It's not horrible, but it's like all the other things that are supposed to be "dirty". Like the POTJ Scout Trooper or the Bespin Luke. I just think the paint job could be a little better. Other than those, though, Ephant is an exceptional figure!

Now, the Luke... I really don't think I'll be happy with it (but everyone knows that :p). They're going to do more to it than a crappy paint job, I believe. All I can see is some kind of re-tooled Cinema Scene version. And although I've heard that was one of the better Jedi Lukes, the one I envision here would also has a spasm button like the Bespin Luke before it. He'll have a wide stance, no interchangeable hands (which he should have, IMO), you'll only be able to pose him holding his lightsaber...
They could get this right, make the definitive Luke, Vader and so on. But I think they'll just stick with scene specifics and crank out about 100 different of each, instead of doing it right one time :D.

But for now, all I can really be displeased with is having to wait. Hurry up! :p

End...

Beast
02-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Why would he have interchangable hands, this is a Throne Room Duel version not a vested Tatooine/Sailbarge version. Luke wears the glove constantly from the point of slipping it on in the X-Wing after getting his hand shot on Jabba's Sailbarge. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Interchangeable hands would be cool. They could have one hand that is normal, one hand that has a burn mark on it, and one hand that is all black (ie wearing a glove).

I wouldn't mind if he was wide stanced ala the latest Bespin Luke. My only complaint with the newest Bespin Luke is that open-mouth face he has. I guess I am more of a traditionalist. I liked it when they had boring "plain" mouths that were expressionless. It was always easier for me as a child to pretend someone was shouting when their lips were closed, than it will be to pretend he is whispering when his mouth is open so wide.

I'm anxious to see what his lightsaber looks like too.

Lman316
02-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Why would he have interchangable hands, this is a Throne Room Duel version not a Jabba's Palace version. Luke wears the glove constantly from the point of slipping it on in the X-Wing after getting his hand shot on Jabba's Sailbarge. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

True. I keep forgetting that we know it's "Throne Room" now. And on top of that, I was stuck on the "definitive" idea...

But hey, maybe they "lied" about the it being "Throne Room" just like they "lied" about putting pictures up today. So, I can still dream :p.

End...

Beast
02-13-2003, 05:06 PM
I'm all for a vested/cloaked Luke Jedi from Jabba's palace. But the vestless version of Luke: Jedi is one of the versions that doesn't get produced much, or done well. Like I said before, we've had 5 versions of Luke: Jedi with the vest. And only 2 without. I didn't count the Speederbike or MMC one, due to the sculpted on helmets. :)

Luke: Jedi Knight (Vested):
Luke: Jedi Knight (Vintage)
Luke: Jedi Knight (Black/Brown vest)
Luke: Jedi Knight (Complete Galaxy)
Luke: Jedi Knight (From Rancor)
Luke: Jedi Knight (From Skiff)

Luke: Jedi Knight (Non-Vested)
Luke: Jedi Knight (Power FX w/ cape :rolleyes: )
Luke: Jedi Knight (Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Lman316 did you twist the tail round so it faces the opposite way to how it's packaged on your ephant? That stopped mine falling over so much. And if you pull his left leg slightly forward he seems to like it. :rolleyes: He was packaged with his tail facing differently to the hardcopy version.

Maybe they got the dates wrong and it should have read Feb 14th.

And my dog just woke up and he's got bedhead. his fur round his ear is all sticking up and it's so funny. never saw a dog with bedhead before. :D guess you had to be here..... :rolleyes:

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2003, 05:20 PM
soooo I wonder if the new Luke will have high heels like the POTF2 Figure? :D
And yeah, why would he have interchangeable hands? Heck the new Anakin figure doesn't have interchangeable hands! :)
Although if the new Anakin did have them, he could also have been Anakin Skywalker - Geonosis Droid Factory

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Of course the new Anakin never held a lightsaber with his mechanical hand- and his lightsaber was destroyed in the droid factory on genosis.

But don't bother Hasbro with accurate details!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Ah, i head to class and come back, all giddy that these pics will be up and no, nothing!!!! Curse you hasbleh!!!!

I dunno why, but every time i hear "luke skywalker: Throne Room" i get the idea of Luke on the can doing his bidness. you could use the same sorta face sculpt for Anakin: Speeder Bike. You know the face!! :D

Beast
02-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Maybe they read you didn't want your birthday ruined, Jargo. So they are gonna delay until the 14th. ;) I kept thinking it was going to be the 14th anyway, for Valentine's Day. :)

The high heels were a bit goofy looking, but I think Luke does have a bit of a heel on his boots in ROTJ. I don't think they were flat. As for the Ani: SC. I'll probably get two so I can do a hand swap. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jblodgett
Of course the new Anakin never held a lightsaber with his mechanical hand- and his lightsaber was destroyed in the droid factory on genosis.

But don't bother Hasbro with accurate details!
After all the complaining they heard, from not including a lightsaber with the Commtech Vader and POTJ Luke: X-Wing Outfit, you would realize why they included a lightsaber. Even though both those, like the Anakin: Secret Ceremony are somewhat screen specific.

The Vader having his saber attached to his side like it was thru most of ANH, the POTJ Luke: X-Wing based on how he looked in ANH, where he didn't have his lightsaber with him. And the Anakin: Secret Ceremony based on the wedding scene. Just because it's packed with a lightsaber doesn't mean you have to display him with one. :)

That's the great thing about toys. You have the choice of how things are displayed. There's a point when accuracy has to go out the window, to please kids and also collectors. Of course collectors are harder to please. It's a case of Hasbro's damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Fun, huh? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2003, 05:47 PM
The high heels were a bit goofy looking, but I think Luke does have a bit of a heel on his boots in ROTJ. I don't think they were flat.

I noticed his boots when he climbs up the side of Jabba's sail barge but yeah, on the POTF figure, he has boots that Mariah SCarey would be proud of! :D

As for the Ani: SC. I'll probably get two so I can do a hand swap. :)

Where would you get the right hand from? Because the arm on the other Anakin figures seem different.

Jargo
02-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Question, why does Anakin secret ceremony have a hunchback? have you seen one or got it? it's hunched over like he's been kicked in the neverminds. And his legs are bent like he's going to keel over. So it's stagnight party hangover Anakin really. :crazed:

I'm bored now. And in case you were wondering why i'm here on my birthday and not out celebrating it's because - well it's flaming freezing cold out there and i'm not going out in that to catch pneumonia. i'm saving the celebrating until the summer when it's nice and warm and sunny and dry. I'm doing it UK monarchy style with an official birthday and an unofficial one :D but just to make sure i did get something that's how i treated the expense of the shuttle, as a birthday prezzie to me. luvverly jubberly. :happy:

So any movement over at hasbroken HQ?

Beast
02-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
Where would you get the right hand from? Because the arm on the other Anakin figures seem different.
That's why Luke: Bespin is such a great figure. Cut off Ani: SC's hand and bore it out a bit. And he can have his son's hand. That seems a bit morbid, doesn't it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jblodgett
02-13-2003, 06:22 PM
So at this point is it OK to begin to harrass Hasbro??

i.e. email them about how they said to check back on February 13, 2003 for the next batch of figures?

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.contact/dn/default.cfm

Beast
02-13-2003, 06:27 PM
No sense harassing them, as we don't know the reason behind the pictures not being up yet. I guess Hasbro should go back to the old "check back next week", instead of giving an exact date. Since giving people an exact date, seems to cause more problems then a vague date. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2003, 06:35 PM
That's why Luke: Bespin is such a great figure. Cut off Ani: SC's hand and bore it out a bit. :)

That's a good idea, do you think it'd look right? :) I wonder if when Anakin is released Hasbro suddenly has lots of calls "I've lost my Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel hand, can I have a replacement please?" :D

That seems a bit morbid, doesn't it. :)

No more morbid than a father cutting off his sons hand! :crazed:

Rogue II
02-13-2003, 06:44 PM
I think they didn't post the pictures because they wanted to get back with Emperor Jargo for starting that "Sack Randy" thread.:crazed:

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2003, 06:49 PM
I just got off the phone with Joe Hasbro... it seems the pictures are late because they're trying to get the photo of Luke just right, they're desperate to hide the HUGE action feature. :o

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh you had better be kidding Darth Trymybestus!! if is thing has one of those Mace jobs thats it for me!!

For a while at least:D :D :D :D

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I am kidding... but then again, that could actually be the reason! :) Who knows?! How long does it take to make a web page and upload it?! :zzz:

187-Maul
02-13-2003, 09:04 PM
damn, it's now 3:04 am here in france (14th) and the pics are still not up!?! what is taking them so long? they should really be up by now

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Curse you Darth Trymybestus, i damned near @@%@ my pants when i read that!!! Argh!!! I better go take a shower and double check just in case. hehehehehehehe :D

Jargo
02-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Well it's obvious that they won't post them until late tomorrow now so they can run away and hide all weekend while everyone explodes with rage at what they did to the figures and then they hope to come back on monday when things have calmed down a bit. That's when they'll start to read from. I bet they ignore everything we say this weekend.

I have a bad feeling about this........

Jerjerrod
02-13-2003, 11:04 PM
While we're all waiting anyway, I think we should think for the worse. If we lower our expectations, we might actually be thankful for Hasbro's final version of Jedi Luke. To help "lower" the expectations, here's a picture of Luke that we should envision in our heads. :D

Just hope it's ANYTHING but this! :confused:

Adam
02-13-2003, 11:38 PM
:D Someone should photoshop that onto a saga card.. hehe.

Old Fossil
02-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Egad. NOW I'm worried.

Maybe the Snowtrooper will be the saving grace of this batch of figs, if Luke and Vader are as bad as some of us fear.:rolleyes:

Or they could all be bad. I'm worried that the Snowtrooper will be in some kind of "ultimate" style pose, with a plastic skirt all flared out so he won't be able to pose in anything but an "attack" position. I'm really hoping for some soft goods and/or expansive articulation with this figure.

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Adam
:D Someone should photoshop that onto a saga card.. hehe.

Done! :D (Yes, I have waaaaaaaaaay too much time tonight.)

Oooooooooooo, scary, isn't it? :crazed:

Buffer72
02-14-2003, 12:29 AM
That Luke jedi is awesome!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Jer- thank you for providing me with a laugh before i go to bed. that was incredibly unrediculously hilarious!!!! Gracias!!! cheers!!! :D

2-1B
02-14-2003, 12:44 AM
It's up! It's up!

Well from the pic I think he looks great! I expected him to be gimmicked and flat out SUCK but there's nothing that I can see which would be wrong with him. Looks like he has decent articulation, and the pose is neutral enough for me. :)

Alright! :)

Beast
02-14-2003, 12:45 AM
You know the real scary part about that, it actually looks pretty good. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-14-2003, 01:16 AM
lol. That was fast. Thanks for the laugh.:D

Bent Wookie
02-14-2003, 03:06 AM
If it's up I'm not seeing it. :(

Hasbro needs to redesign that page.

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-14-2003, 04:19 AM
Funny 13th of Feb. Could have sworn it was the 14th today. I want pictures NOW. I'll cry. I will.
Then again I'll probably cry when I see them anyway.

187-Maul
02-14-2003, 06:48 AM
I went to bed at 4a.m waiting for pics, get up at 11:30 a.m (in france) hoping the pics are finally there and still NOTHING
they should really stick with the phrase 'check back next week' and not give a specific date cause they won't make it on time anyway

cassanova frankensti
02-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Ummm. who actually came up with this Feb 13th date? George Lucase or a super-anxious fan who was speculating? If the latter, I would not expect to see these pics anytime soon...

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Hasbro came up with the date.
When they updated with pictures of the new 12" they said to check back on Feb 13th for pictures of the new collection 1 basic figures.
So not plucked out of thin air, just Hasbro being pants....again.

bobafrett
02-14-2003, 08:50 AM
I'm a seeing no pictures, but a nifty new number line up!

jblodgett
02-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Oye!

Still nothing. Damn you Hasbro. I spit on you! :frus:

DarthChuckMc
02-14-2003, 09:37 AM
I have a feeling we are going to see the Clone Wars figures, too.

dirtybones
02-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Still nothing? and I thought waiting for my wife was a major pain in the bumm!!!

Adam
02-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
I have a feeling we are going to see the Clone Wars figures, too.

Those are pretty far off, I doubt we'll see them. But ya never know..

kdp100
02-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, no sign of Luke, but I've just seen THIS link to Vader & Snowtrooper from RebelScum...

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1995

.. And it looks like THIS snowtrooper is the one from inside the AT-AT with the rank-insignia. Excellent!

Shouldn't look too bad beside the POTF2 versions, either!
:D

Old Fossil
02-14-2003, 12:08 PM
They're UP.

mylow thehutt
02-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Holy SH***!!!! that vader is beutaful:kiss:

Old Fossil
02-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Garn, no Luke pics??? This is getting to be like seeing proof of the clone baby... just not happening. "Check back next week"??? Criminy!

But the Vader IS beautiful! Even with the gimmick. Maybe the best 3 3/4" Vader sculpt EVER.

The Snowtrooper seems a bit... dull. Slouchy, kind of. I'll buy a couple, anyway, of course! Glad to see he's not too "dirty." And I need a new "E-Web" cannon, since my dog destroyed the last one.

mtriv73
02-14-2003, 12:24 PM
At least the Hoth Stormtrooper doesn't have a wild action pose. Vader looks great too. Maybe an R5-D4 will be announced in next weeks update.

Rogue II
02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
At least Hasbro apologized for the delay. Vader is better than I expected. The Snowtrooper isn't all that bad either. No Luke.

My question is...Is there an action feature on Vader?

kdp100
02-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Yes, he can throw his lightsaber.
I suspect this means that the new Jedi Luke will ALSO have an action-feature, just like the last "duelling-pair" from the Bespin setting.

jpak001
02-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Sweet, I like 'em!

My only complaint is that Vader has that short "billowing" cape deal. Excellent figure though!! I really like the scuplt a lot, I'll actually buy three Vaders (one to keep on card, one to customize, one just to open as is). Vaders & Anakins are the only ones I keep on card nowadays.....

LTBasker
02-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Glad I wasn't expecting much. The Snowtrooper I'm glad made it through with no spasm gimmick, but they forgot (again) the frickin articulation to allow him to double hand his blaster. (Yes it's the officer version too)

That's pretty funny about the Vader, we're constantly saying how the figures can't grasp the lightsaber during a spasm attack, and so they go and use that to make a 'throwing' version of Vader. The cape looks like it'll suck as well, IIRC it wasn't windy in the DSII and he was just standing there when he threw that.

Frankly it looks like the craptacular Unleashed Vader (Fury version or whatever it's called).

Welp, can't expect much from the Luke then.

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 02:36 PM
No major differences with the snowtrooper, but it does look pretty good. The head seems to be separated from the body.

Vader looks awesome! Everything about this figure, besides the action feature is very good. Look at the detail all around. I don't mind the flowing cape because it's not as severe as some of the other Mauls and Unduli, and Offee. The cape looks like he's just "walking" or just made a drastic move (ie. throw lightsaber). I just hope the button is well-hidden.

Bring Luke on! If Vader is that kind of quality, Luke can't be that bad.

DarthChuckMc
02-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Those are pretty far off, I doubt we'll see them. But ya never know..

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!

j/k

Turbowars
02-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Why can't we just have a nice new Vader just standing? I'm sick of the blowing in the wind crap. With that said they both look awesome. I happy to see the trooper has a head that isn't molded to his body. It will made customs much easier now.

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2003, 12:09 AM
i wnated to see Luke :mad:

Adam
02-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
I AM THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!

j/k

:D Well I'm glad I was wrong.

Greyfolk
02-16-2003, 04:15 PM
I too would like a neutrally positioned Vader, Luke, Han, Chewy, Leia --ball bearings would settle this prob-- etc. Why would I want Vader throwing his saber anyway?

Darth Trymybestus
02-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Greyfolk
Why would I want Vader throwing his saber anyway?

erm... because he does. :crazed: :)

Then again, I've always thought about action features and the need for them, because as a kid I could make Darth Vader throw a lightsaber using my imagination. :)

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 04:45 PM
I guess hasbro now wants us to break our lightsabers, cause if you throw a fragile saber like the saga ones and it hits something in the "right angle", it's definitly going to break

sith_killer_99
02-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Vader? What Vader? What is this new Vader of which you speak?

Denial?!?!?! Isn't that a river in Egypt!!!

***SK99 refuses to acknowledge the existance of any new removable helmet Darth Vader.***