PDA

View Full Version : POTJ on the Secondary Market

aceguide
02-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Question for everyone: Now that only the dregs of the POTJ line are surfacing at retailers - what is your experience with finding this line on the secondary market?

I have seen the price go down on a few of the less popular, but I am not seeing many of the "better" or more popular figures at all. Specifically the Scout Trooper, Saesee Tiin, IG88 etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion aside from occassional Ebay luck? Is there a good resource out there for acquiring POTJ figs?

This was a great collectors line and it seems to have disappeared...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.

Kidhuman
02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
I really only use Ebay for that. I guess you could try some toy sites for purchasing them but they might be higher than ebay

Darkross
02-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I've bought mine either online or from some specialty toy stores for 3 - 4 x the original selling price. Outch! I have gotten a few good deals buying from a collector who was selling his collection at the time.

icatch9
02-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Heck, I can still find loads of them at a WM in my home town. None of the good ones of course. Plus, the are mostly damaged from being shifted around 1000 times. Worse yet, they are $1.79 more than Saga figs. That WM is horrible, and never puts anything onsale. My dad likes to say they'll have them when episode 10 comes out :).

Kidhuman
02-05-2003, 11:08 AM
My WM had very little of them. I went there in the morning and saaw BoShek and a few others. I got money about 6 hours later and when I went to get them they were gone. I never saw them again except Sabe, Bespin Guard and Teebo. So I had no choice but to resort to a secondary market for some of them. I still do not have BoShek or Lando.

humsup
02-16-2003, 02:23 AM
I visited weekends flea hoping to find one or two pieces here and there. But they are far and few in between these days... mostly SAGA stuffs. But occassionally on a lucky day, you can really snatch something good, got my extra Sandtrooper through those flea stalls ;) hope that helps.

Val Da Car
02-25-2003, 10:24 AM
I have had some success picking up ships on Ebay for near retail pricing....next time I will get them when they hit the stores..

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 02:05 PM
I, too, use ebay for this. I still need 9 POTJ figures and 4 Ep1 figures for my collection.