PDA

View Full Version : one new Padme look based on African design?

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:09 AM
In Ep 1, all the Amidala royal outfits were based on Asian designs - some as 100 years old - and some were nearly perfect recreations. However, in the new Ep 2 DVD trailer, there is one new look for Padme looks to me to be based on African, not Asian, designs. The hair up in the binding and the ribbed collar/necklace are really what makes me think this.

derek
11-10-2001, 10:13 AM
i think you're correct JT. by the way, do you still think she looks"plain":)

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:19 AM
Plain and oily. ;) Yeah, I can't say I'm one of those who is enamoured by Natalie Portman's looks. But, at least she got that white makeup off her face. :D

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 12:10 PM
Poor Pademe' looks very uncomfortable in that dress but some others look far better...

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap014.jpg

and her combat outfit...

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap041.jpg (She's in the background, sorry you can't see her very well but you get the idea.)

I like these two much better but it doesn't really matter, after all Star Wars isn't a beauty contest...

Wolfwood319
11-10-2001, 12:25 PM
I didn't realize Portman and Hayden looked so similar.

Uhhh....wrong link though. I was going to try to find the one in her white costume, which I think was the one you were referring to, but I couldn't find it, sorry.

evenflow
11-10-2001, 12:36 PM
The one witht he head gear really does have that African feel to it.

GNT
11-10-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Poor Pademe' looks very uncomfortable in that dress but some others look far better...

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap014.jpg

What she is wearing is the most awful design so far!!!

Tycho
11-11-2001, 09:14 AM
Jedi Tricks said:

Yeah, I can't say I'm one of those who is enamoured by Natalie Portman's looks. But, at least she got that white makeup off her face.

Um-hum. Typically I don't date girls with split lips, double birthmarks, hair that can't fit through your average door frame, and who spread whipped cream all over there face, at least in public.

Rollo Tomassi
11-11-2001, 10:40 AM
Oily is considered attractive on Naboo. They eat a lot of greasy, fatty foods and it naturally comes out of their pores. it's a different culture you see.

As for Natalie Portman, well, me and her and a bottle of baby oil alone in a room for a weekend sounds like a dream date. Yummy.:evil:

Co Jo-Da
11-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
As for Natalie Portman, well, me and her and a bottle of baby oil alone in a room for a weekend sounds like a dream date. Yummy.:evil:

That's what I was gone to say...DARNIT...

JediTricks
11-12-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I didn't realize Portman and Hayden looked so similar.

Uhhh....wrong link though. I was going to try to find the one in her white costume, which I think was the one you were referring to, but I couldn't find it, sorry. Co Jo-Da is referring to Padme like in this image: padmetied.jpg (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=19123), she's in the background.

You know, I hear potatoes mixed with oil create french fries. ;)

LTBasker
11-12-2001, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I was going to try to find the one in her white costume, which I think was the one you were referring to, but I couldn't find it, sorry.

I had this picture scanned on the computer for a friend a few months ago and still haven't deleted it for some reason, I think I'm too lazy, lol. Anyways, if anyone needs a pic of her in her tight jumpsuit...

Rollo Tomassi
11-12-2001, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
You know, I hear potatoes mixed with oil create french fries. ;)

Ahhhh...it's good to hear potato jokes on the forum every now and then.:p I seem to remember entire THREADS of potato debates in the old forums. Sounds like something to start in THIS SECRET SECTION you guys have started without me.:mad:

Seems my old buddy, EP:mad: , was invited but refuses to give me a key:cry:

But I digress, these new outfits seem more casual than Phantom menace, maybe because she took off the pantomime makeup.

master jedi
11-12-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Ahhhh...it's good to hear potato jokes on the forum every now and then.:p I seem to remember entire THREADS of potato debates in the old forums. Sounds like something to start in THIS SECRET SECTION you guys have started without me.:mad:

Seems my old buddy, EP:mad: , was invited but refuses to give me a key:cry:

But I digress, these new outfits seem more casual than Phantom menace, maybe because she took off the pantomime makeup.

Umm, secret section? What secret section?

derek
11-12-2001, 09:00 PM
actually the secret section is jargos website forums. it's so secret, i'm not welcome there. imagine that.:)

bigbarada
11-12-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by derek
actually the secret section is jargos website forums.

Actually, you're wrong!!!:p

JediTricks
11-12-2001, 11:00 PM
Potato jokes, when timed right and used in the right context, can be a force for good instead of evil. :evil: