PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Documentary

Jek Porky 2002
02-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Did anyone in the UK see the documentary about Michael Jackson on Tuesday?

I thought it was really interesting, and was wondering what peoples opinions are about him after seeing it.

Before seeing the show, I really didn't know what to think of him, but when I started watching, I thought that he was at first a gentle, loving and very welcoming man, who was just a bit misunderstood. He did start to get stranger as the show went on, and especially as he was feeding his son, "Blanket".

I don't know what exactly I'm allowed to say on these family forums, but here goes, sorry if I offend anyone:

When he was asked if he shared his bed with children, he said yes, but not in a sexual way. I think I believe him, and that he just can't see why people think that's wrong, even if he doesn't do anything to them. Also I did think that the person interviewing him was very hard, upfront and unsypathetic with his questioning.

I just think that he has never really had a proper life, and was never allowed to be a child, which is bound to affect people's perceptions of what is right and wrong.

All in all, I think that he does have certain mental problems, due to his strange life of being constantly in the limelight, but I don't think he would aver hurt anyone, especially children, he's just over loving, with too much money!

I think that the programme is being shown in the U.S on Thursday 7th February, don't miss it!

JediTricks
02-05-2003, 07:12 PM
That's the impression I've had about "Jacko" for a few years now. I actually bought Moonwalker and all throughout that movie you can see he feels like he's trying to be an uber-kid. With a dad like Joe Jackson and the level of spotlight he had growing up, I guess he could have turned out a LOT worse.

I intend to watch this special tomorrow.

derek
02-06-2003, 08:08 AM
i used to be a huge michael jackson fan, and still like his older music, but only recently did i come to realize how disturbed this guy is. i think my love of his music kinda blinded me to the fact that he probably is a child molester and has serious issues with his race and self image. with his constant cosmetic surgeries and unusual behavior with minor children have just about destroyed his career. only the hard core "cult" type fans remain now.

what is really disturbing about jackson is that there were actual doctors who were willing to take his money and butcher his face. if he had stopped with the surgeries around 1984 and stayed away from the kids, there is no telling where his career would be now.

and the fact that he paid off his accusers with a multi-million dollar settlement tends to point towards him being guilty. he most likely got away with it because he's rich and famous. if he were an overweight, middle class fat guy, he'd probably be in prison right now.

jjreason
02-07-2003, 03:50 AM
There is some onus on the authorities to investigate allegations of sexual assault, regardless of whether or not the victim reneges, or even refuses to provide evidence. To think that "he got away with it" because he paid out a settlement might not be exactly right. There couldn't have been enough other evidence to pursue charges or else he would (I hope would, but I suppose it could be should) have wound up in court.

My personal thoughts on Jacko doing this kind of thing are neutral. I've dealt with numerous child sex offenders, and many of them come off as very masculine - near brutishly masculine in some cases.
I have never dealt with the stereotypically effeminate child sex offender. Doesn't mean he doesn't do it, but I think he'd have been at least charged by now if he does. It's been talked and joked about for a long time.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-07-2003, 11:13 AM
They showed it in the US last night. He spent $6 Million on a shopping spree?! "I want this one, and this one..." I thought that was pretty disturbing. :dead:
2 nose jobs and no other operations?! Yea right...:rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
02-07-2003, 11:24 AM
FOX news reported this morning that Mikes' record sales are up 1000% in the UK and 400% in the U. S.

I wonder what that says about people in the UK and here in the states.

I do not own any of his records, nor do I plan on buying any. I liked the Thriller album when I was younger, that's about the extent of it. I never really understood the MEGA Stardom that surrounded him.

El Chuxter
02-07-2003, 12:16 PM
I feel sorry for the guy now. Had he gotten serious help 20 years ago, he would be normal now. At this point, he's beyond help.

I feel especially sorry for his kids. He's like a kid with three dolls, not a father with three children. Those three will be severely disturbed when they're older, possibly even worse off than their old man. :(

Lord Malakite
02-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I have a tape cassette and a poster of Micheal and E.T. holding hands. :D

James Boba Fettfield
02-07-2003, 01:21 PM
I was drifting in and out of sleep when this show was on, but there was something that caught my ear even during sleep. Did they really show what Mike would look like today if he hadn't screwed himself up with all the surgery or did I dream that part of the show up?

Emperor Howdy
02-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I was drifting in and out of sleep when this show was on, but there was something that caught my ear even during sleep. Did they really show what Mike would look like today if he hadn't screwed himself up with all the surgery or did I dream that part of the show up?

Yeah, they did......and believe it or not......he looks better now as a demented female clown versus the balding forty-year old fatty that the computer image portrayed. :sur:

Capitan_Moroni
02-07-2003, 04:16 PM
can sombody post a picture of that please??

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 05:33 PM
This documentary seemed pretty slanted to me, especially with Baba Wawa's interjections. The boy who had beaten cancer seemed old enough to know the difference between sleeping in someone's room and being sexualized to me yet treated Jackson like another early teen kid - which is how Jackson seems to want to be. Michael Jackson had a hard, abusive childhood and now just seems like he wants to find a way to salvage that loss for himself and others but doesn't have the emotional tools to balance his life. I feel bad for him, but I didn't see anything so shocking or disgusting about him in that documentary.

derek
02-07-2003, 06:59 PM
jeditricks,

keep in mind i'm a fan(or used to be, i still think he's very talented)but he was holding hands with that kid, who looked about 14 or 15 and the kid was leaning on mike like they were lovers. they looked like high school sweethearts or something. if that was anyone else, they'd be in big trouble.

i don't think the interviews themself were slanted, but i agree walters throwing her 2 cents in were uncalled for.

i don't buy the "hard childhood" as an excuse for his actions today. all his brothers and sisters, except la toya, seemed to have turned out fine.

and i don't care whatever he said, those kids aren't his biological children.

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Hmm, I think you might be projecting there derek, that's not how I interpretted it. I saw a pair of nervous people who had bonded over sharing a very emotional time together in the past (the boy beating cancer) leaning on each other for support while talking about serious subjects with a camera that would eventually transmit what it was seeing to millions. Many of the teenage girls in my high school who had close friends would hold each other's hands during tense times, I never thought anything of it then and I didn't think it merited a close-up in this documentary - that seemed a little slanted to me.

I never said Jackson's childhood was an excuse, just a large piece of the puzzle that is the modern Michael Jackson.

BTW, I read on E's website that the "sharing a bed" comment was a big shocker, I guess that's another one where folks have to want to believe it means something beyond what was said even though Jackson was saying he wasn't in the bed at the same time with that other person. I thought Jackson was referring to something like when you have a guest visit from out of town and you let 'em sleep in your bed while you sleep on the couch.

dr_evazan22
02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
I can almost believe that there is nothing sexual, but I still have nagging doubts.

What I find disturbing is that even though he is 44, w/ many adult responsibilities, he acts like a child. I believe, like someone else said, that he has SEVERE emotional and psychological problems.

I agree that his kids are going to have psychological problems of their own, and I feel very sorry for them. It is a sad situation. If what happened at the zoo happens wherever they go inpublic then he is a danger to those kids. the kids are objects to him, possessions, "gifts".

"I've had no operations on my face, and only had 2 operations on my nose, THAT I REMEMBER". How many times have any of you been in an operating room? Probably 99.5% of you know w/ a certainty how many times you've been operated on. He wasn't sure what he wanted his lie of an answer to be. Ask me how many times I went to the family doctor or dentist last year. About 2 times each, that I remember.

MJ is a person that creates NeverLand wherever he goes b/c he IS always in NeverLand- that insane mind of his. He just ahs the money to bend reality to fit his vision.

Truly frightening.

For the record, I love Thriller, esp Billi Jean.

InsaneJediGirl
02-14-2003, 10:04 PM
I already knew Jacko was messed up,so the show didnt suprise me much..

I feel for the kids though.They are going to need a ton of therapy once they get old enough to realize somethings are not "normal" even by the average crazy persons standards.

Hm..Maybe I need to start wearing a mask when I go out doors.A clonetrooper one perhaps?I dont need anyone stealing me :crazed: :crazed:

LTBasker
02-15-2003, 02:14 AM
I dunno about that, people might get afraid of the fact theres actually a female who's enough of a SW geek to be willing to wear a Clone Trooper helmet in public. They might dent it if they fall towards you when they faint instead of backwards..

As for the wacko jacko issue, he needs to be put out of the media for good, it seems the more he's in the media, the more crazy stuff he comes up with. :crazed:

derek
02-15-2003, 02:26 AM
Hm..Maybe I need to start wearing a mask when I go out doors

naah.....i wouldn't do that. then you'll have all these geeky star wars guys following you around. you should know it's every star wars geek's dream to find a girl who's into this hobbie. :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
02-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by derek
naah.....i wouldn't do that. then you'll have all these geeky star wars guys following you around. you should know it's every star wars geek's dream to find a girl who's into this hobbie. :crazed:

LOL.Hey,but then I'd really be like a star:crazed:LT,your right,the Clonetrooper helmet is overkill..I'll just wear my Jedi outfit and pull the hood over far enough:crazed::D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Great its on TV again :rolleyes:

DarthQuack
02-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I have a tape cassette and a poster of Micheal and E.T. holding hands. :D

Is this still displayed in your room?