PDA

View Full Version : How about a Proof of Purchase reward like the old days?

02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
You know, I have saved the POP off of every figure I've ever opened - I have maybe 100 at this point. So, I've spent about $500 just on LOOSE figures - it seems you guys could reward some of us loyal buyers by having some sort of cash-in bonus. I know that is how it worked with the Mace Windu, but the crappy thing about that was it was designed entirely to clear the shelves of excess figs- you had to have a bloody receipt between 5:00 and 7:00 on Nov 3rd, 1997 or some such nonsense. Come on, Hasbro, don't get cheap on us! Maybe something like this would help me to forgive all the "exclusives" you've done.

dirtybones
02-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah!!!! give it up Hasbro!!

bobafett07728
02-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Yes. I agree that would be very cool. Anything that is a throwback to the old Kenner days seems to be well recieved. I keep my figures sealed, and I would still be all for some mail-in redemptions. Hey. . . we still have those Jedi Points. . .

Kidhuman
02-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I would be all for some mail away free stuff. Heck even though I do not open them I would find away to get the POP or points needed to obtain something sweet (free too)

Darth Cruel
02-07-2003, 01:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Hasbro said they wouldn't do that any more I threw away all of my points. And I had a lot as well. I have about 150 loose figures and about 50 other loose items such as ships, playsets and beasts.

Free stuff YES!
Jedi Point redemption offers...NO!

icatch9
02-07-2003, 02:41 PM
They want to do this, but if they did a simple proof of purchase thing now they'd go broke. They sat on them to long and now people have accumulated millions of points. Last report was that they are working with the frito lay people and the eploids points. They work it like an auction, where they have stuff that can be won with number of points pid.

Don't expect to much. I don't suppose they'd do any kind of exclusive becasue to many people would have millions of points and would be abler to over bid the majority of collectors. Chances are they'd just auction off lame stuff for a long time. They know that no one would bid on a collection of easy to find saga figs, so then there stuck again. This is a true case of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I say keep them, but expect that they'll never be used.

jjreason
02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
I figure they owe me a house by now, based on the number of points cluttering my drawer.

InsaneJediGirl
03-04-2003, 09:51 AM
I think there should be SOMETHING you can get for the points.I'd even take some extra acessories in exchange for points.Small pieces of plastic cannot cost enough that Hasbro would loose money.

James Boba Fettfield
03-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Hasbro can do this just as soon as I stop collecting, or when I die. Whichever comes first.

mark2d2
03-04-2003, 03:24 PM
A long time ago in a thread far, far away . . .

I came up with the idea that Hasbro should re-issue the classic vintage mail-away stand that is advertised on the original 12 back cards. It's a pretty basic stand that has "revolving" bases. And a simple cardboard card back. They could do five different cardbacks --- one for each film. And you could specify which one you wanted. Or if like me you have wayyyy too many points, you could get one of each.

Other cool ideas would be an exclusive playset. Or a REALLY cool figure that everybody wants --- but "might" not buy. Like R1-G4 or something.

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 03:30 PM
That's a great Idea!!! R1-G4!!!!!

It's just really sad that they don't do something like that. There are so many great options or, even a catalogue like green stamps, where so many Jedi points could net you a figure or even a whole $39.99 item depending on how many points you have accumulated!

TheDarthVader
03-11-2003, 11:17 PM
I have jedi master points right now and I really want something I can redeem them for! It isn't fair to call them points when they are worthless!!---Brian

stillakid
03-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
A long time ago in a thread far, far away . . .

I came up with the idea that Hasbro should re-issue the classic vintage mail-away stand that is advertised on the original 12 back cards. It's a pretty basic stand that has "revolving" bases. And a simple cardboard card back. They could do five different cardbacks --- one for each film. And you could specify which one you wanted. Or if like me you have wayyyy too many points, you could get one of each.

I just spent a few bucks on Ebay getting one of these...

The problem is do they make it with the new figures in mind, or the vintage...as you know the pegs are different sizes.

The vintage one is cool for the pure nostalgic fun of it. A bit of history with the original figures. But aside from that, it isn't a lot of "fun." I'd suggest instead, get some RealStands and find a friend with Photoshop and create your very own displays, like the "Bounty Hunter Gathering" from ESB for instance. :D

jjreason
03-23-2003, 03:50 AM
The old GI Joe Flag Point system worked well, they used to offer a few exclusives here and there, but there was a catalogue after a while. Eventually you could order a select few figures (most of which had been released on cards earlier), small vehicles, etc. Crikey, they could make T Shirts and people would send in the points. Bottom line - stop putting them on the pkgs if you're not going to do anything with them.

TheDarthVader
04-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Amen to that. Like I said, they are called "points" for heaven's sake! Geez...you would think points mean something! Hasbro, let us redeem our jedi master points! We have invested a lot of money and we will feel better if we can get something, anything, with these points! Thanks!

stillakid
04-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Amen to that. Like I said, they are called "points" for heaven's sake! Geez...you would think points mean something! Hasbro, let us redeem our jedi master points! We have invested a lot of money and we will feel better if we can get something, anything, with these points! Thanks!

Maybe for like, a hundred, we could get a troop builder set of Midichlorians. :D

coy5
04-04-2003, 01:07 AM
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! Please do something with these or take them off of the packages. What I had in mind( in order to get rid of all those pesky peg warmers) would be for hasbro to recall these peg-warmers and offer them in return for the jedi points. Have, say, a certain number of figures for so many points. This would allow room for new figures. Also, this idea could have a continuous effect on future waves of figures. I think that the upcoming durge will definately become next years bantha fodder. The concept of getting these peg warmers is good because everyone should take up customizing. The possibilities are endless. I can't feel my legs. O.K. I am gettin ver sleep goin to bed....

Darth Cruel
05-11-2003, 04:00 AM
If Hasbro does this, I am afraid to say that all of the back points wouldn't be of any use anyway. If I remember correctly they also required an original cash register reciept from a specified time frame as well, didn't they?

And if they didn't, they could. That is how they would keep from going broke due to the magnanimous amount of point that people have saved so far.

Personally, I think this mail-in crap is a bunch of unnecessary garbage. It is always too much of a pain in the neck.

On the other hand. If they did a give-away at a major chain like they did with the silver R2-D2 only for the points instead of buying 20.00 worth of stuff...

stillakid
05-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Has anyone calculated the time it would take to cut out all those Master Points from the cards?

--Send in ten Master Points to recieve a special Master Point Punch emblazoned with the Master Point Logo so you can punch out a million Master Points to redeem them for one free Special Silver Coated Edition of Darth Maul. Order Now! --