PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Star Destroyer hits retail

Sweden
02-06-2003, 06:01 PM
I quote myself:

“This time around however the set is labeled “Ultimate Collector Series” unlike the Darth Maul Bust and the Rebel Blockade Runner (I know guys, the latter was released with a full color outer box when on retail) and it seems like the set could go retail with this fact in mind.

And I know it will next year.”

I made that statement in this post:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16154

Go check out the news at Mr. Tim Saupé’s From Bricks to Bothans website:

http://www.fbtb.net/

Don’t say I didn’t tell it to you guys way back then.

Kindest Regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 07:32 PM
I don't think the LEGO stores count as true "retail". Not that it matters, I've been seeing a bunch of stuff that in the catalogs say "not in any store" and such at TRU lately, the mini-UCS Naboo Fighter is all over my local stores.

Sweden
02-07-2003, 09:12 PM
JediTricks, maybe LEGO stores don’t count as “true” retail stores (we don’t have any LEGO stores here in Sweden) and not that it matters as you say but I do believe that we’ll see the Imperial Star Destroyer in “true” retail stores at least in the US of A as it sold so darn good.

Sooner or later I believe due to the earlier mentioned reasons.

Weird enough I’ve also seen a whole lot of those “not in any store exclusives” here in the small town of Sundsvall in Sweden at my all time favorite toy store Barnens Hus (English: The Children’s House) like the 3451 Sopwith Camel set exclusive? to LEGO Shop at Home.

Also exclusive? to LEGO Shop at Home I’ve seen following sets at the same store:

KT205 Large Train Engine with Tender (Black)
5300 Electric Train Motor 9V
10013 Open Freight Wagon
10014 Caboose
10015 Passenger Wagon
10016 Tanker
10017 Hopper Wagon

However, I was told that the toy store did just receive a very, very limited supply of the above LEGO Shop at Home “exclusives” and they weren’t on sale unfortunately otherwise I might have tried and purchase them all so this was truly a rare shipment that the toy store had got.

LEGO sets on sale are ever so rare at least here in Sundsvall…

Kindest Regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

JediTricks
02-08-2003, 03:51 AM
I see the LEGO stores as extensions of the Shop At Home arm of Lego, that's the only reason I don't consider them retail.

I've been seeing the Sopwith and that train stuff at general retailers around here too, Target and TRU I think. Very strange.

humsup
02-16-2003, 07:33 PM
If I'm not wrong, LEGO homebase is in Denmark. And Sweden is not so far away from Denmark and getting LEGO stuffs in Europe (or Scandinavia for that matters) should be a piece of cake... am I right to assume that?
For the record, I haven't seen anything close to an imperial destroyer anywhere in retail here at all. And there isn't any blockade runner seen either. Guess these sets are just too expensive to be brought in by local vendors.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Anyone happen to pick up the Rebel BLockade Runner or the Imperial Star Destroyer yet?? THESE R MUST HAVES 4 MY COLLECTION!!

bobafrett
03-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Yes, I got the Rebel Blockade Runner at Target for almost 1/2 off. My son was mad because he said we could have got to of the Naboo starfighters w/chrome plated peices for what I paid for one Tantive IV. I did manage to get 2 of the Naboo Starfighters on a buy 1 get a second half off sale at TRU around Christmas. I haven't got around to ordering the Star Destroyer yet, because of it's price, but I'm saving up a little at a time!

phryxos
03-16-2003, 05:56 AM
hello,

nice to meet u guyz, i was reading your posts and yes Lego in .dk (denmark) and if i understood good yes u can order pieces which are missing to the items but only if they still sell the lego item. I say that cause i ordered the Imperial Star destroyer even if he is a bit expensive, i told the guy and if some bricks are missing what happen? The comercial tech support at lego says till we sell that item u have the possibility to order missing bricks.

I hope nothing miss inside cause has u say he is a bit expensive but i think its a nice collection.

I am looking for that huge blue soldier in lego of starwars i seen it around but i dont remember where and lego dont do it anymore it was auction on ebay last year.

Saludos

Phryxos

bobafrett
03-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Huge blue soldier? Are you refering to the life size Jango?

phryxos
03-16-2003, 03:47 PM
very possible yes i saw that nice statue on his foot all blue and some white bricks.
do u know where i can get that or any website with it?

bobafrett
03-16-2003, 05:05 PM
If you are refering to the Life size Jango, I had heard that they made 3 of them. I don't know if they are even for sale. Anyone else here who is more knowlegable on this?

phryxos
03-16-2003, 05:08 PM
only 3... well then we may forget to get that item.

Do u know any url where i can found it back in picture?

phryxos
03-16-2003, 05:23 PM
well i see what u mean by life size i found it in a url but this is a huge one!.
No the one i talked to u is a smaller item it was like a soldier of darth vader but all in blue

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 11:15 PM
this one?------> http://www.starwarsautographcollecting.com/celebrationimages/misc/FettLego.jpg