PDA

View Full Version : ....you know you buy too many toys when...

derek
02-06-2003, 05:17 PM
while looking for new stuff at toys 'r us, twice this week, two women asked me, "do you work here"! i wasn't even dressed like one of their employees. i was on my lunch break. i guess when some woman sees some dork rummaging thru the 5000 12" mace windus to find the only geonosian warrior, it must look like i'm stocking the store or something, regardless if i'm wearing a red vest or not.:)

but i did show one "grandmother" where the star trek stuff is. ;)

hango fett
02-06-2003, 06:48 PM
glad to see your helping the public! the most reactiopn i get is an odd look when i thumb through the 1000's of figures at the nearest TRU.
h

Beast
02-06-2003, 06:49 PM
I get that when I do my DVD shopping, someone is always asking me where somthing is, or when somthing is coming out. Sad part is, most of the time I'm more knowledgable then the people they have working there. But I don't mind, I've been able to use that knowledge to convert a few people to DVD and Widescreen. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
02-06-2003, 08:04 PM
...when the monthly grocery bill is $50, and the monthly toy bill is $200. :eek:

Jargo
02-06-2003, 08:43 PM
...When you have to go sleep in another bedroom because there's no room anymore for your bed.

stillakid
02-06-2003, 09:16 PM
...when your children ask if you're going to Toys R Us for them or for yourself.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-06-2003, 09:43 PM
When your Nephew asks,
"Uncle Mike, did you sell your star wars toys?"
"No, Zach. I didn't."
"Then can we open them?"
"No, sorry, Zach, I'll buy you some and we can open them."
"Uncle Mike, why do you buy so man toys?"
(silence)
"Zach, I really don't know how to begin to answer that."

:D

Dark Knight
02-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
...When you have to go sleep in another bedroom because there's no room anymore for your bed.

I'm there right now too.:D

Old Fossil
02-07-2003, 12:00 AM
...when you move and there are more boxes marked "Star Wars" than there are boxes marked "clothes," "kitchen," "bathroom," etc.

Jerjerrod
02-07-2003, 01:04 AM
It's funny to see my bookshelf become an "action figure" shelf. 3 of the shelf's sections have been jam-packed with figures now, layer by layer, and finally all your "favorites" are now covered by the "new". When you've filled up "all you can", you'd never stop and ask yourself, "Where am I going to put the next figure I buy?" Next thing you know, you come home with one more, and you go, "uh-oh." You end up squeezing them through the smallest gaps, stacking them sideways, and belly-up, and now you can't see them anymore because they're ALL covered up. :D

I think i'll go buy one more tomorrow, btw.

Jargo
02-07-2003, 08:01 AM
... when you come home, break the figure free from the blister, throw the packaging in the trash, go upstairs and add the figure to the shelves of stuff and go back downstairs without stopping to look at what you just bought.

...when the manager of TRU asks what you'd like him to order in for you next.

...when you start charging the public admission to the toy museum in your bedroom.

...when you get a letter from Hasbro with a dividend return on the shares you purchased in the company.

...when you can smell the difference between plastics used in the figures and know which one is the cheapest nastiest plastic by smell alone. :crazed:

scruffziller
02-07-2003, 08:18 AM
When you lose sleep over accidentally sucking up one of the fig's guns in the vacuum.

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 11:00 AM
...when your spare bedroom is known as the toy room.

I have been asked too many times if I worked in a store.

sith_killer_99
02-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Uh, actually our spare bedroom is know as the Star Wars room, and it's bigger than my daughters bedroom.

But hey, she's only a year old.:crazed:

Tycho
02-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
... ...when you can smell the difference between plastics used in the figures and know which one is the cheapest nastiest plastic by smell alone. :crazed:

I can do that! :crazed:

There were 3 different kinds of plastics used to make the ultimate Star Wars figure: THE MOUSE DROID!

The differences between the one that came with the Death Star Droid, R4-M9, and the Death Star Trooper's accessory pack are profound!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh, lord, here Tycho goes again with that Mouse Droid Sniffing fiasco!!!! :D I give it 24 hours before that hilarious Mouse Droid pic is posted again!!! heheheheheehehe cheers!!! :crazed:

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 02:57 PM
My kids share a room because the other room is all my toys

Jedi Master Silas
02-07-2003, 07:51 PM
When your looking at floor plans for a new home just to house your SW collection.

QLD
02-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
When your looking at floor plans for a new home just to house your SW collection.

Hey, I DID that!

I just bought my house in August, and when looking, I HAD to have a basement for my toy collection and video games! :)

I just finished putting up shelves the other day. You can look at the pictures of it with the link in my signature.

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas

Me and my wife are talking about buying our own home and are looking for a house with an extra room for my figures.

Emperor Howdy
02-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
...when you move and there are more boxes marked "Star Wars" than there are boxes marked "clothes," "kitchen," "bathroom," etc.

LOLOLOL!! :D That's too funny! That actually happened to me. :)

Jargo
02-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Y'know, when i move I'm not putting star wars on the boxes. I'll just put 'bedroom stuff'. reason being I never let the new neighbours see what's going in. Call me paranoid but what's mine is mine and I want it to stay that way.

QLD
02-08-2003, 10:21 AM
I just wrote basement on my boxes when i was moving to my new house. Though, because of my collection, there were more boxes to the basement, than to any other room in the house.

2-1B
02-08-2003, 03:17 PM
. . . when you post pics of your toys on SSG . . . :crazed:

Tonysmo
02-09-2003, 12:47 AM
When your bank statement reads:

2/2 Toyrus $35.60
2/3 Walmart $42.40
2/3 Gas $22.50
2/4 Target $57.20
2/5 Toysrus $29.70
2/6 Walmart $32.66
2/7 Gas $22.50
2/8 target $43.97

Fulit
02-09-2003, 09:04 PM
When you move to a new house and have 3/4 of your stuff still stored at your in-laws bigger house, and your kids' SW toys and yours still make your floors a precarious place to walk.

Kidhuman
02-11-2003, 08:26 AM
When I moved to Va. I had to leave all my toys in NYC until I went back there 4 months later to get them. I had to rent a bigger car to take them back. And my parents brought some down when they came to visit. It took me a total of 9 months to get them all here.

2-1B
02-11-2003, 12:34 PM
. . . when you break up with your significant other because he or she has a poor head sculpt . . .

Patient Zero
02-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
. . . when you break up with your significant other because he or she has a poor head sculpt . . .

Don't I know it, brother! :crazed: