PDA

View Full Version : Another List of New Figures!?

Beast
02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
TradeFederation.Net has another list of figures that are supposedly coming, that haven't appeared on any previous lists. They said their source is reliable, but we've seen so many lists that are supposedly reliable, who knows anymore. But the recent lists are seeming to be true, so take this with hope and a grain of salt. :)

Believe it... or not...
Posted by Jimmy on 06-Feb-2003 at 08:08 PM (EST)

Not Ripleys... I may sport the glasses and goatee, but sorry no Dean Cain here..

Though some talk of new figures in the future have been whispered in our ears here at the Fed...

These come from a pretty reliable source, but of course you can take it for what it's worth...

What we have heard being planned so far...

Stass Allie
Passel Argente
Bespin Gown Leia
Cloud Car Pilot
C-3P0 Jabba's Palace
Bib Fortuna
Weequay
Jabba w/ dais- as we have mentioned in the past
Chief Chirpa
General Madine
Imperial Dignitary- (though there was also talk of both versions at one point, only one is listed as of now)

A couple of non figure items we have heard is...

6" Boba Fett from Episode II
Cloud Car- (which has been on lists many times before)

Now take into account Hasbro has not made any confirmations on any of these, but a close source to Hasbro has mentioned these being talked of.

At this point scheduled release is not known at all, though if we hear anything more we promise to let you know. We do understand though that some are being talked of for 2004 release.

I guess we have to just sit tight and wait.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-06-2003, 09:23 PM
The following would all be most awesome for my collection:

Bespin Gown Leia
Cloud Car Pilot
CLOUD CAR (woo hoo! would i be stoked to see this one!)
Bib Fortuna
Jabba w/Dias (Yes. Yes! YES!!!)
and of course The Imperial Dignitaries

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Finally, a new Jabba! and a new classic C-3PO too! What a combo! I'm looking forward to seeing them happen. Let's hope this is a reliable source.

mylow thehutt
02-06-2003, 09:42 PM
:confused: some pics on who Stass Allie and Passel Argente are would be hot,just to refresh my merorey.

;)

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Here's Stass Allie, Adi Gallia's cousin.

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Here's Passel Argente. I don't know anything about him though.

Btw, what is a dias that comes with Jabba?

Beast
02-06-2003, 09:48 PM
I would like all of them, since many of those are on my most wanted and resculpted needed lists. Nice to see another Jedi and an another Sepratist on the list. A lot of people have been asking for those two figures. :)

Stass Allie: Jedi Master (http://starwars.com/databank/character/stassallie/eu.html)
Passel Argente (http://starwars.com/databank/character/passelargente/index_movie.html)

Leia: Bespin Gown has needed a new figure for sometime. The one from the Leia collection was nice, but not as nice as it could have been if the figure was made in the regular figure line. The soft goods cape on her was terrible. :p

Nice to see the Cloud Car and a Cloud Car pilot on a list again. But with as many times as it's been listed and then never come to be, I won't hold my breath this time either. Though they are running out of vehicles to do from the OT.

Great to see the focus shift to Jabba's Palace again, especially with a new Jabba and Dias. Hopefully that atleast happens this year or next. A re-sculpted Bib Fortuna has been needed for a while. And Jabba's Translator C-3PO will be cool as well. Hope they don't forget Jabba's Bartender R2-D2 while they are at it. :)

Weequay will hopefully be the other version that BigB was asking for a while back. But I don't want all resculpts from Jabba's Palace, when Hermi Odle and other unmade cool aliens from Jabba's Palace are still available to be made. :)

About time that we got Chief Chirpa, since the Ewoks have been overlooked for a long time. Hasbro has been ignoring the Ewoks for far to long, it's about time they started tapping them again. Hopefully this will mean more are on the way. :)

General Madine has been a long time coming, hopefully this release news is true. Thanks to General Dodonna's and Captain Antillies' success in the last poll, they really will do Madine this year or next. Can Riekeen be far behind after that? :)

The Imperial Dignitary is appearing on other lists for this year, so this one seems to be a shoe-in. The big question is which one, the vintage version, or the one that appeared in the Fan Choice #4 Poll. Hopefully both, but I have a bad feeling we'll get a remake of the vintage version, and the one from the poll will have to wait. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Y'know Adi gallia the female jedi from episode one with the silly hat? Black woman tall and thin - well, stass is the cousin of Adi, looks exactly the same, totally the same thing warmed up. Arena jedi, brown robes and stuff, green saber, yawn..... where's funky pablo Jill?

Passel argente is some seperatist senator. Not very interesting. Big nose and green skin, horn on his head and bad taste in clothes. Boring. Gona get him to go with the geo war room screen scene no doubt. possibly even part of the screen scene. Does absolutely nothing in two movies apart from stand or sit. Rather have San Hill who at least had one line.

To be honest i'm getting bored of these lists now. Can someone consolidate them all and post just the one rumor list please? Confirmed or not just list everything we're supposed to be getting this year and then tally it all up and see how much you think we'll actually see in a non movie year with so many stores scaling back. Just reach for the salt and take the biggest pinch ever.

Beast
02-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Btw, what is a dias that comes with Jabba?
A dais is a fancy name for a raised platform, in other words Jabba's Throne. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Chirpa?! YAY!

Old Fossil
02-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Lordy, how many lists does this make? Five? Six? I'll take any "reliable" list with a grain of salt unless SSG, GHunter, or Hasbro itself posts it.:cool:

Banthaholic
02-07-2003, 01:11 AM
This list looks promising if it's true. If it's just one Dignitary I hope it's the one they haven't released yet.
General Madine would be cool, a while back I wanted him carded so I picked up a vintage one for $20, not a bad idea for those of you who can't wait, sure it's not as artisticvally sculpted as current figures, buy it's a nutral pose, and no action features, quite the concept!!!
Chief Chirpa would be long over due, hopefully he'd get packed with another ewok.
Bespin Gown Leia would also be nice, I have the Leia Collection one, but would like a better one single carded.
Lot's to hope for, now if only my local stores would start getting '03 figures in...

mark2d2
02-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Again, I am REALLY hoping that the Bespin Stuff comes to pass.

Both Leia and the Cloud Car would be totally amazing ---- and I think would sell quite well. A lot of people never got the vintage Cloud Car. Plus, I think that the Leia is definitely a great candidate for a resculpt.

Here's to more classic stuff in the line! :D

187-Maul
02-07-2003, 08:58 AM
if this list is thrue, it will be a dream come true:) , a new jabba, a new OT C-3PO, a new Bib Fortuna and a new Jedi, I just hope this is for real and not just a rumor
now if only a new emp. Palpatine would appear on these lists...:rolleyes:

Rogue II
02-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Bespin Gown Leia
Cloud Car Pilot
C-3P0 Jabba's Palace
Bib Fortuna
Weequay
Jabba w/ dais
Chief Chirpa
General Madine
Imperial Dignitary...

Sounds too good to be true. I don't want to get my hopes up, so I won't believe them until they are confirmed.

sunshine
02-07-2003, 10:06 AM
:cool:

evenflow
02-07-2003, 10:58 AM
If it is legit, this is amazing news.

JABBA THE HUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally
Imperial Dignitaries
Cloud Car Pilot

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 12:08 PM
A NEW JABBA. Hopefully and finally. At last we shall be rewarded.

All of the other figures are welcomed as well.

droidekas2
02-07-2003, 01:27 PM
These would be awesome... if they are true. I hope.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2003, 07:04 PM
*Stass Allie - Two versions could be made of her, one with a cloak and blue lightsaber (Palpatine's office) and one with no cloak and green lightsaber (Arena). Hopefully, it'll be the arena one, so the arena can have more Jedi from the movie.
*Passel Argente - Eh, we had to get him sometime. He could be cool, I suppose, but rather boring. :o He will be good in a separatist diorama.
Bespin Gown Leia - Finally! Hopefully she will be neutral, but will also be able to put her arms like he does before telling Han about C-3PO being gone "too long to have gotten caught". There can't be too many more ESB figures to make (quite a few, but not too many) now.
Cloud Car Pilot - Mmm hmm sure whatever yeah right. Heard it too many times to believe it . . . too much.
C-3P0 Jabba's Palace - YIPPEE! He better be neutral, with his legs not so spread apart. Maybe (people will disagree, I'm sure) he can have a small container of slime (like on 2001/2 Harry Potter 2 figures) to pour on him, like in the film. He should have a removable eye, or interchangeable heads, one normal and one with a scrwey eye. And maybe another Salacious Crumb, hopefully sitting down.
Bib Fortuna - the first one wasn't THAT bad. I don't really see a need for a resculpt, except maybe for the podrace.
Weequay - Was there another kind of Weequay on the skiff? I don't remember. We still need a Weequay Jedi for the arena.
Jabba w/ dais - What can I say except YES!!! Finally! He better be the correct scale and the corrct color and position, with a good bowl of frogs. And maybe the dias can have pegs for Bib and C-3PO. And maybe, a new slave Leia in the laying down position.
Chief Chirpa - More ewoks is a good thing. Now we need about like 100 more. :D
General Madine - Neutral with a white stick, and I'm good. Nothing fancy.
Imperial Dignitary - Neutral, with limited articulation if necessary. Nothing fancy here, either.

This is probably not true, but oh well . . .

Beast
02-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Adam May, the features editor from Galactic Hunter, confirmed that the list may be reliable. So that does give me some hope that we will see these figures in late 2003 or 2004. Plus he said that Hasbro has had a Sly Moore figure in prototype form for about a year. So maybe we'll get her later this year as well. :cool: :D

OK, as the guy who created TradeFederation.net, and the guy who Jimmy asked to be best man at his wedding, I can tell you that his sources are credible.

The person he received this list from is very, very credible, and pretty high up the Hasbro food chain. Jimmy has a good track record, too. He was right about the Shuttle loooong before anyone was talking about it. He was right about the Skiff, the Sandcrawler, and countless figures/toys. (Also, keep in mind a lot of these things are late 2003/2004 releases.)

Take that for what it's worth. I believe the list because I know that it's from someone at a high level at Hasbro. You, as a discerning reader/collector, can take it or leave it. We'll all find out soon enough, right?

Cheers,

That's why I say that the decision is yours.

I can tell you from personal experience that everything Jim has told me (and shown me) is right. Just because he doesn't POST photos doesn't mean he doesn't have them. (Not that he has any of these from this list, but it is from an internal Hasbro doc.)

Personally, I hope he's right because it's all great stuff.

BTW... keep this in mind. There has been a Sly Moore figure in prototype form for about a year now, and it's never been on any list (that I'm aware of). These things take time.

Cheers,
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-07-2003, 08:43 PM
AH, the famous hasbro internal lists. well that's a dead cert that these are going to show then isn't it...... :rolleyes: Late 2003 or 2004? Why are people getting so excited about possible maybes for next year? Lordy we aren't even into this quarter properly yet. we're just starting to formulate a picture of what's coming this quarter and next and people are screaming about figures for next year!!!! greed is a terrible thing when left to run rampant..... :p

Turbowars
02-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Cool, a C-3PO with green slime. I can do without the EP2 crap though. The Jedi's are so boring. 04 will probably be one of the best years for OT as with all non movie year, but you all know that.:D

Rogue II
02-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL

Weequay - Was there another kind of Weequay on the skiff? I don't remember. We still need a Weequay Jedi for the arena.

There were 4 Weequays on Jabba's Sail Barge and on the Skiff. There was also the Weequay drummer in Max Rebo's band.

This link has pictures of them. http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/

mark2d2
02-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Ha Ha, Turbowars.

I totally agree --- all these JEDI figures are boring. Totally boring.

Thank God there are so many other on the list for us, too! :evil:

Jargo
02-08-2003, 09:36 AM
should this list turn out to be true, here's my thoughts:

The weequay could be the one from the outlander nightclub with the big grey coat.
That last Bib fortuna was horrid. Made him look fat. and his arms were really bad.
C-3PO had better be chromed, swappable heads with one having the eye hanging out.
Bespin leia, not really needed but the last one was out of scale so... Bit of a buggar cuz I just shelled out for the last one. :rolleyes:
Stass Allie, hohum whatever. Boring Jedi. Adi gallia does the job for me.
Passel argente as above - boring do nothing character would be better replaced by a San Hill and Shu Mai 2-pack.
Cloud car pilot, this better be true. He was my favourite vintage figure. This also better mean that damn cloud car would be getting a release.
Madine is just a crowd pleaser, boring as hell but completes the rebel leaders triad. Gotta be better than the vanilla vintage one.
Imperial dignitary, Just one? How about both from the emperors throne room with moff jerjerrod in a screen scene? Make it worthwhile buying at least.
Chief chirpa. Absolutely the last ewok i wanted made. We don't need some boring ewok we need warriors and mini savages. Warok, Lumat, Romba, Nikki.... okay maybe not Nikki. Chirpa is boring.
Jabba. With dias. Better have the whole backrest and the trapdoor and rancor pit controls and the hookah and the bowl with frogs. And his tattoo, and a removable tongue for slavering over Leia or not. and glistening slime covered lips, and glassy orange/yellow eyes. And skins and pillows on the dias and that gold vase thing and all the whole works. And a sitting slave Leia.
He better be a diamond product. If they do another crappy jabba there's gonna be a real revolt.

But only if this turns out to be true. which it might. Or might not. Some of those items on the list were touted by Trade Federation as being releases for last year. They reported a jabba and bib fortuna set roughly back in March of 2002.

we'll see - we'll see.......

Jerjerrod
02-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
How about both from the emperors throne room with moff jerjerrod in a screen scene?

Yes, that's right! Moff Jerjerrod rocks! :p

TheDarthVader
02-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Finally...the Imperial Dignitary has come BACK to the Power of the Force!!! :)

mylow thehutt
02-09-2003, 06:32 PM
:rolleyes:Rumors have it a new DARTH MAUL !!!! is on it's way.:evil: Cause Hasbro know how "much" we love Maul.:greedy:

Beast
02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah, but if he's done well he would be very cool. Not to mention we need a decent Holographic Darth Maul. Since the exclusive one from Wal-Mart's Holo line was craptaculer. :)

Boba Binks, a forumite from GH and RS, who's offered scoops in the past on upcoming figures said he did hear some info about the Maul figure. Hopefully it's true, because it sounds like the ultimate Maul. :)

I have heard some info about this figure but have not had it comfirmed yet. Here is what I have heard:

-The New Maul will be from Episode 1 DUH!!
-This version of the character is taken from the scene where he ignights his saber for the first time to battle Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan.
-Battle Action stance with twelve points of articulation.
-Glowing signature double bladed lightsaber.
-Cloth Robe

Other than that I have not heard anything else about Maul. I hope it is a good figure.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Hohum, I could see the need to do a decent Qui-gon since the last one on a saga card was dreadful. IMO they haven't yet managed to capture the likeness of liam neeson. A totally articulated Qui-gon would be quite acceptable but another maul?
Even a decently articulated obi-wan but another maul? No thanks.
For battle stance read wide legs and fall over action. For cloth robe read oversized black rag with seams that make it hang funny. So is this glowing saber going to be electronic then or is that just poetic licence?
And he'll take a place where they could have got something we've never had before instead.
How many mauls do we have now about eighteen? :p
Oh i won't really diss the thing until i've seen it but really, another maul? ptcha! :rolleyes:

Beast
02-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Jargo, the glowing saber is probably the same as how they are doing the one on the upcoming Imperial SketchTrooper. The center of the blade is a glow in the dark material. Which is incased in colored clear plastic, so it looks more like the movie blades. Since they have a white core, and the color actually surrounds the blade. Of course, we don't really know how well it will work. But it sounds good. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Have you seen those glow in the dark LEGO ghosts? You have to have complete blackness for them to work. What good is it going to be having a glow in the dark saber on a black figure that won't even reflect any light in the dark and so won't show up. What good is a feature you can only play with in the dark come to that. Someone had a dredging of the barrel moment at hasbro methinks. Fine to shove the white core in because that's how they should look anyway and its good that hasbro finally got it right but why go and gild the lily by shoving a gimmick in there? They can't help themselves. someone over there need therapy. The saber would have been absolutely terrific without any fanfare or special effects. Who is this idiot who's shoving the features in these figures. it isn't the designers or the sculptors. its someone coming along later than that and cramming stuff in as an add in. someone fairly high up. Is it Andy Espenshade? Mark bordreaux? Can't be randy or paula because they're just hired mouths employed to shoot their mouths off about how great the screw-ups really are for us collectors and what fun we'll have with figures that can't move...
who is it. it's time they owned up to this - this butchery.

You got me started JJB, they don't like me when i'm started. :crazed:

Beast
02-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah, but who cares if it glows. It will still look correct not glowing with the white core inside the colored clear plastic. So even though it has a glow "gimmick", it's not like it's hurting the sabers. It's just making them more movie accurate, as well as making it fun to play with. Just like you can enjoy Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath, even without making the skull glow. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-10-2003, 07:45 AM
Well, hasbro just revealed that it's going to be a re-release of the POTJ version. So that puts paid to that discussion.

But just to recap, what is the point of wasting money on expensive glow in the dark stuff if it doesn't work. If there's no way to use it effectively. it's pushing costs up and taking budget away from any other figures. If hasbro saved the budget they're spending on developing useless gimmicks they couls use it on more figures instead. Or putting the missing articulation into figures like bariss Offee and Luminara and Nikto jedi and Eeth koth and Padawan Jedi............

All i'm saying is that it's a total waste of everyones time to do stuff like that. Not that we know they were, but in principle it's a waste.