PDA

View Full Version : What's the MOST you would pay for Ultimate Yoda?

2-1B
02-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Okay, I've wanted him since I first saw him on 4/23/2002 at my Wal-Mart's midnight madness deal . . .
Well of course there was no way I would pay $100 but I definately thought of it as a good clearance pickup down the road.

It is now almost 9 months later, and he's currently down to $55 at that same Wal-Mart. They have more than one, so I have time to wait it out and see if he drops some more. I still don't like the price, but I'm trying to figure out exactly how much I could part with for Yoda. Right now, if I saw one for $30 I'd buy him instantly. Above that, I'm hesitant.

I know I sound a bit greedy here, as the price is already 45% off . . . I don't realistically expect to get it for $30, I'm just saying that's my "dream price."

To any interested Lego fans out there - what's the most you would pay for this set? Thanks, I'm curious to gather a few opinions. :)

matthewilw
02-07-2003, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't spend more than $5 for it, but that's just me. :crazed:

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Some folks have reported finding Yoda for $30 at WMs, WMs have varying clearance prices from store to store.

Personally, the sculpture series holds no interest for me at all, not even for parts because I don't like the bricks' colors or assortments in those sets.

Ji'dai
02-07-2003, 10:22 PM
LEGO has always been overpriced, so I usually wait to buy when sets hit 50% off or lower.

My Yoda (given to me as a gift) was purchased at Target for $50, but I agree with JT that it's not that great of a set. I got the Maul sculpture as a gift too, it was $119 on sale!

JediTricks
02-08-2003, 03:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, I have no idea whether it's a good set or not, it's just not a good set for me.

2-1B
02-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Some folks have reported finding Yoda for $30 at WMs, WMs have varying clearance prices from store to store.

Thanks for the tip JT, I am aware that it's up to each store what they clearance and for how little. Cool, if it's been sold for $30 at some stores then I know I'm not totally unrealistic in my hopes of getting him for that price. :)

So what are you saying - you have no use for a boat load of green, brown and tan bricks? :D

Tonysmo
02-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Im still comming to grips on why I havent shelled out 300 clams for the destroyer.. Yoda is overpriced.. for 30 bucks though, yeah I'd have to cave and buy him..

JediTricks
02-09-2003, 11:04 PM
That is exactly what I'm saying. And their sizes ain't so great neither, 2x4s just aren't as usable as they used to be.

JediBoulton
02-12-2003, 04:30 PM
I bought Yoda some time ago for $100. It was great fun putting together. I took my time putting it together so I would have something to do for the weekend my wife was out of town. Once I got it together -- it looked GREAT!! -- My wife has it in her office and gets many complements on it. I am going to get the Maul bust soon also. If you find it for $30-$50 -- GRAB IT!! If you enjoy putting legos together -- you will enjoy the challenge this one brings. As far as the destroyer -- it is overpriced!! Actually -- I paid $120.00 for my X-wing fighter. It seems that these UCS sets are going for about $.10 per piece. I know I will end up with the destroyer soon -- despite the cost -- I Like LEGO's :D

2-1B
02-14-2003, 04:22 AM
Gone! I missed my chance. :(

I went 2 days ago and they were still $55. I went tonight after work and from a distance I could see the empty shelf space where the 2 Yodas were . . . the new clearance tag on the shelf said $40.

There was no way I would pay the $55, but I had to admit in the store that if they had some left at $40 then I would have walked out with one. Oh well. :(

I managed to compensate myself by putting that $40 toward the $43.50 it cost to walk out with all 3 Jabba's Palace sets. :D

bobafrett
02-14-2003, 09:03 AM
I held back on buying the Yoda, but if I found it for $30.00, I would grab it. I'm still kicking my butt for not getting the X-Wing, when it went on sale, now I can't find it anywhere. I bought the Tantive IV for a little under $100.

Growing up a Star Wars fan, I was always dreamed of the day that they would make a line of Star Wars lego's, and now it has come true. I probably have about 80% of the sets they put out. I didn't buy a lot of the EPI sets, only because I was not a big fan of that movie.

jpak001
02-16-2003, 01:11 AM
I got one on clearance for $30 at a Wal-Mart, then saw it for $55 at another just an hour away. I guess it just depends on how much your particular WM marks it down to.

BTW: it's a great set, definitely a gem in my collection. I'd love to get the Maul head too!