PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on the casting on e2

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-10-2001, 02:26 PM
did they do a good job or a bad job? i think i could have been a good anikan but oh well...i'd be to obsessed with the nifty lightsabers to act...:)

bigbarada
11-10-2001, 02:53 PM
From what I've seen in the trailer I think Hayden will be a great Anakin. I especially like how his acting is kind of understated, not over the top like what you'd see in a Star Trek movie. Especially William Shatner's horribly heavy-handed acting.

I expect Natalie Portman and Ewan will give excellent performances also.

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 03:56 PM
I heard many people compare Hayden to Harrison Ford, personally I think thatís understatement. Hayden has great acting skills and a wide range of emotions thatís why he was picked to play Anakin and his career will skyrocket from here.

So will Ewan McGregor's career, with movies like BlackHawk Down coming out soon, Ewan will be a name we hear often.

Natalie Portman has made it clear that she doesn't want to have a career in acting but right after she said that she made two more movies. I think she always be around the silverscreen and rightfully so, she is very talented and very beautiful.

master jedi
11-10-2001, 11:03 PM
From what I've seen the casting is good.

THe DVD trailer it seems that Anakin is starting to act like OB1, OB1 is starting to act more like Han Solo, and Padme is acting more like Leia (after all they are mother and daughter).

Tycho
11-11-2001, 10:10 AM
Oh, yes. I think that Ki-Adi Mundi's Brother would have certainly made a more interesting cast than how the movie is at present with Hayden Christensen.

I can hear the love scene dialogue now:

"My Annie, what a large....er... head, you have. So interestingly shaped.... Is that really your brain there I'm seeing?"

"Annie?"

Ki Adi Mundi's Brother: "Yes Padme?"

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket that you're obsessed with or are you happy to see me?"

Ki Adi Mundi's Brother: "Probably both."

"Annie? It's turning purple."

Ki Adi Mundi's Brother's COMMTECH: "Impossible! How could it have turned without us knowing?"

Just kidding, there. OK? So don't get your head all bent out of shape over this.

Actually, Tom Jackson's voice as Kliegg Lars was a nice surprise early into the trailer, and from that along with pictures I've seen, I think he's a good guy to play Owen's father.

Rollo Tomassi
11-11-2001, 11:28 AM
I saw Life as A House over the weekend and was IMpressed. Hayden did a fine job acting. How fine? Well, I have seen only two movie roles that blew me away with powerful emotional scenes this year. The first was Ewan McGregor's in Moulin Rouge when Nicole Kidman d...well...the end of the movie. The second was Hayden Chritensen when Kevin Kline tells him about the cancer. Brilliant. I tell ya, based on these performances, if the acting sucks in AOTC, there's only one man to blame. And that's the guy with the director's hat on...

Co Jo-Da
11-12-2001, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I saw Life as A House over the weekend and was IMpressed. Hayden did a fine job acting. How fine? Well, I have seen only two movie roles that blew me away with powerful emotional scenes this year. The first was Ewan McGregor's in Moulin Rouge when Nicole Kidman d...well...the end of the movie. The second was Hayden Chritensen when Kevin Kline tells him about the cancer. Brilliant. I tell ya, based on these performances, if the acting sucks in AOTC, there's only one man to blame. And that's the guy with the director's hat on...

That's what I said...;)

2-1B
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Jimmy Smits was The Balls. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Jimmy Smits was The Bails. :thumbsup:

Gravedigger....ha ha!

bigbarada
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
From what I've seen in the trailer I think Hayden will be a great Anakin. I especially like how his acting is kind of understated, not over the top like what you'd see in a Star Trek movie. Especially William Shatner's horribly heavy-handed acting.

I expect Natalie Portman and Ewan will give excellent performances also.

My goodness, was that wishful thinking or what?:stupid:

I remember an old rumor that Ryan Phillipe was considered for the role of Anakin and after seeing some of his recent films, like Breach, I think that he would have been a much better (and more masculine) Anakin.

JediTricks
03-05-2008, 05:18 PM
My goodness, was that wishful thinking or what?:stupid:

I remember an old rumor that Ryan Phillipe was considered for the role of Anakin and after seeing some of his recent films, like Breach, I think that he would have been a much better (and more masculine) Anakin.
Ha ha! Way to go BB! You called that one so wrong it's hilarious. :p It's like Hayden and Natalie read your post and decided to spite you. ;)

I still don't get why Lucas wanted young, slight boys with small voices for this role. Phillipe would have been too old and too short though.

Rocketboy
03-05-2008, 10:17 PM
IIRC, Ryan Phillipe did meet with Lucas to talk about it but he was too old to be considered.

After seeing him on Young Hercules tv series and the movie The Believer I thought Ryan Gosling could have made an awesome Anakin. He can play good and bad very well.

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Wait, Lucas told him he was too old to begin the training? :D

jjreason
03-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Looking back, I still wonder if Ryan Phillipe was the right choice. Nothing against Hayden, per se.... but the on screen chemistry between him and Natalie Portman was, well, grade 9 chemistry at best and we needed 3rd year organic. lol

JediTricks
03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey now, Hayden may not be my favorite choice for Anakin, but you can't put all the blame on him for that one, Natalie was at least 50% of the issue there, I'd say more like 65% as she's a really cold actress in the film. And of course, 100% is Lucas' fault. :D