PDA

View Full Version : Please help, R2D2 got eaten:(

Andy198
02-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello all,
I have a little brother who loves playing with his little action fleet x-wing. We had a little problem last week as R2D2 was viciously eaten by our vacuum cleaner(my fault). My little brother was really upset and so I was wondering if you have any idea of where I can get/buy a new one? It is the following X-wing Model:

Red 5 Single Pack Luke Skywalker, R2-D2 1995, 1996 boxed.

Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated, cos I feel kinda bad. We already opened up the vacuum cleaner and made a mess, but still cant find him.

Many thanks,

Andy

Glitch
02-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Hmmm... You checked the vacuum cleaner poop and nadda?

Well, if you had purchased that nifty new Hasbro X-Wing without those annoying little figures and the non-removable R2, you wouldn't be having this problem, would you?
:happy:

As far as a REAL AF X-Wing, check with "Warstar" of this board. He has, unfortunately, been forced to sell his collection, and it would be nice to help out someone from the board rather than some knob on eBay.

Good luck!

good shot jansen
02-07-2003, 12:41 PM
andy,

a few years ago my son lost the a-wing pilot from his very 1st action fleet, and he was devistated. jedi tricks sprung to the rescue, and forwarded me a spare one from his collection.

in the spirit of his quick to action rescue of several yeras ago, i would like to do the same for you.

pm (private message) your mailing address to me, and i will be more than happy to send you an extra r2d2 that i have from an extra luke's xwing. i have several red 5 x-wings, plus a bunch of action fleet sized r2d2's, so i definately have one to spare that i can send to you.

as soon as i get your address, i'll ship off to you post haste.

the pleasure will be all mine :)

SWAFMAN
02-07-2003, 08:41 PM
I had to dig through a nasty vacuum cleaner bag once to find an AF Vader figure. Found him, but he wouldn't stay together at the waist anymore, so I used a little piece of electrical tape to hold him together. I thought it was going to be terribly stupid, but the tape ended up looking exactly like his black cape, and I couldn't have done it better if I'd planned to make him like that!

haggie
02-08-2003, 01:52 AM
On a side note, I wonder what percentage of people in this forum think that GSJ's avatar is a picture of himself.

good shot jansen
02-08-2003, 08:14 AM
w-w-w-well of course it is you y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-ob!

who d-d-d-d-d-d-id you think it w-w-w-w-w-as if not m-m-m-m-m-eeeeeeeeee?

:)

good shot jansen
02-15-2003, 01:45 PM
andy, i have to apologise for not getting the r2d2 out to you this week.

i have been extremely busy the past two weeks at work (which also explains why i havn't posted on the board in awhile as well)

i did rumage through my collection of figures, and was able to find you a pristine r2d2 to fit in the back of the red V xwing.

i promise that i will post it to you on tuseday, (monday's a holiday here in the states, so the post offices will be closed)

thank you for being patient with me. I will let you know once it's been sent

good shot jansen
02-20-2003, 12:43 PM
andy, i finally got my sorry butt down to the post office today.

your r2d2 is now winging it's way across the pond to you :)

the shipping options were $.80 surface, $.91 air mail. i chose the airborne route for the additional 11 cents.

let me know when it arrives