PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who used to collect Visionaries: Knights of a Magical Light????

Darth Trymybestus
02-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Who remembers Visionaries?? I just remembered them today for some reason, I used to collect the figures and I loved the cartoon too!
These are definitely toys for children of the 80's! :) I didn't know they were made by Hasbro though!
Here are some links:

Visionaries Action Figures (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/1549/visionaries/afigures/index.html)

Visionaries (http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/toys/ty1295.php)

QLD
02-07-2003, 08:48 PM
I always thought they were kind of stupid, but to each his own.

G.I. Joe was the only thing that did it for me for a long time, besides SW.

Eternal Padawan
02-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Nope. But I always see one or two layering the bottom of my friends' cardboard boxes of old toys when they pull them out of their basement (or attic).

Once you've done the 80's power trilogy of Transformers/G.I.Joe/MOTU (Star Wars was its own juggernaut and shouldn't be considered for the sake of this argument) nothing else was worth playing with. Sure, you had the occasional flirtation with MASK and whatnot, but mostly you lost interest in toys and started looking at girls (or in my case, comics)

QLD
02-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Yeah, G.I. Joe was it for me.

For a while I tinkered with Transformers. But when they started making them out of cheap plastic, and started releasing constructicons and dinobots, I got tired of them. I did like the cartoon though

I never cared much for MOTU, though I rememer getting the whole first series and Castle Greyskull for Christmas. I never played with them much at all.

I thought M.A.S.K. was pretty cool for about 6 months, but after the first series, I lost interest completely.

I had a few M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, but they weren't fun to play with.

I did like Super Powers figures for a few years,and had most of those. And the MEGO super heroes were cool too.

Heck, the main thing I used to do with my G.I. Joes, was make them wrestlers. I had a several hundred member wrestling federation, and even made belts for them. The articulation on them was perfect for it! I used on old AWA wrestling figure ring, and it fit like a charm for them. heck, I made the Four Horsemen with Tomax, Xamot, Dr. Mindbender, and Zartan. Ahhhhhhh the good ol' days. :)