PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT Cartoon

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-08-2003, 10:22 AM
I thought it was pretty good. I saw it as a cross between the old school cartoon and the first movie.

Lord Malakite
02-08-2003, 10:32 AM
It was pretty good. Mike is just as funny as ever. "Walk this way".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I was asleep, so i missed it. What time was it on anyway? I was never able to find out what time it was on. :D

scruffziller
02-08-2003, 12:24 PM
My Replay TV caught it so I will have to view it later.

Lord Malakite
02-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
I was asleep, so i missed it. What time was it on anyway? I was never able to find out what time it was on. :D

It came on at 10:30. They are going to re-air it next Saturday at 8:30 along with a new episode at 10:30.

Beast
02-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Sadly I missed it this morning. Stayed up to late as always, and ended up dozing off just as it was starting. I've been reading the reviews over at "The Technodrome" though. Sounds like the show is really good, as well as being faithful to the old Mirage Comic. Maybe I can find it somewhere online for download. If not, I'll catch it next weekend. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Maybe I can find it somewhere online for download.

JJB download a tv episode? No JJB! Don't go to the dark side.

Beast
02-08-2003, 04:32 PM
A TV show is different then a movie, in my opinion. Atleast movies pretty much always come out on DVD. We can't say the same for most TV shows. Though I would love to have them do a DVD release of both the old and new series. :) The same can't be said for the awful TMNT: The Next Mutation though. Venus, ugh. :eek: :dead:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-08-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm just messing with you, JJB. I download tv show episodes I miss all the time that are not on television anymore.

As for this cartoon, I liked it, though since I grew up with the original show that is what I still think is the best.

Lord Malakite
02-08-2003, 05:53 PM
TMNT: The Next Mutation, never cared for that one either JJB. Adding Venus to the turtle team and getting rid of the Shredder permantly in the first episode ruined it for me.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-08-2003, 07:58 PM
IMO, Next Mutation killed TMNT. :mad: I mean come on, Splinter's mind is trapped by some dragon, there's a girl turtle with "magic" powers, and Shredder's mentally damaged by the first episode?! I am so glad there's a new cartoon.

Beast
02-09-2003, 04:23 AM
I saw this posted over at the Toon Zone, and it's the complete Episode Guide for Season 1 supplied to them in the press release from 4Kids Entertainment. I figured it would be an intresting read, though it does deliver quite a lot of spoilers. Definatly don't read it, unless you want to have the show ruined for you. But from everything I read, it's going to be a bowdacious first season. :)

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Episode Guide
Reported By Matthew Williams on Sat 8 Feb 2003, 2:03 AM

This is an episode guide for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series being produced by 4Kids Entertainment. Unlike the previous cartoon, this is a clear attempt at a serial structure. Each of the twenty-six episodes produced follow a clear, cohesive storyline that builds with every successive episode; part of 4Kids' plan to entice the kids to watch every week.

These following descriptions, from the 4Kids Entertainment press kit, contain spoilers, so those who want to be surprised may not want to read the next few paragraphs.

The series airs Saturday mornings at 10:30am ET/PT on the Fox Box Saturday Morning block on the Fox network.

1.) THINGS CHANGE: In their underground lair deep beneath the city streets, in the middle of an intense training session, the Turtles and Master Splinter are suddenly attacked by a horde of Mouser robots! These mechanical menaces chomp through everything: stone, steel — Turtles! In the course of the battle, the Mousers cause the roof of the Turtles' sewer-lair to cave in, separating our heroes from their beloved Master. Now the Turtles must abandon their home of fifteen years and find their missing master. But on the way, they have to deal with collapsed sewer tunnels, the Purple Dragon street gang, and a small army of mysterious, highly trained Ninjas! What the shell is going on around here? Can't a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle just have a normal life? Uhmm...no!

2.) A BETTER MOUSETRAP: The Turtles discover the source of the Mouser robots that trashed their old lair: Dr. Baxter Stockman — a noted technological genius/inventor, who tries to pass off the Mousers as a means to eradicate the city's rat problem. Donatello gets one of the broken Mousers working and the Turtles chase it through the sewers. Meanwhile, Stockman's lab assistant April O'Neil uncovers a secret subterranean facility where hundreds of Mousers are being manufactured and stored for some nefarious purpose. Stockman catches April and sics his Mousers on her. April escapes to the sewers, where she is rescued by the Turtles, who battle the Mousers. But once April gets a clear look at her four saviors, she faints dead away.

3.) ATTACK OF THE MOUSERS: When April O'Neil wakes up in the Turtle's lair she has major trouble dealing with the reality of four giant talking Turtles and a Zen-master rat, but she calms down when she hears the official ORIGIN of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! They trade info and realize their common enemy is Baxter Stockman and his army of robotic Mousers, and there's only one word for their response: Mouser Mashin' Mayhem! Well, three words, actually.

4.) MEET CASEY JONES: Raphael is a little cooped up underground with only his brothers and Master Splinter. When Raphael almost clobbers Michelangelo in some brotherly sparring, it's pretty apparent that Raphael needs to get out — let off a little steam. But, when he meets up with Casey Jones, a vigilante erring a little to the right of justice, Raphael must face the reality of his own hothead ways. Luckily, the two hotheads learn to work together when they find themselves in a Purple Dragons' trap set specifically for Casey in the dark, desolate wilds of Central Park.

5.) NANO: When a scientist accidentally unleashes a super-powered Nanotech monster with a childlike mind, it adopts a small-time grifter as its father figure, and the mayhem begins! Their crime spree targets April's new antique shop, and the Turtles come to her rescue. But how do you stop something that rebuilds itself as fast as you bash it apart? It's a question the Turtles better answer fast, cause the Nano-matic slices, it dices, and it purees turtle soup in seconds!

6.) DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN: The Turtles, investigating a strange blackout, discover the Foot Ninja stealing a Japanese ceremonial sword from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The sword turns out to have incredible powers — able to create powerful vibrational shockwaves. Investigating another blackout, the Turtles discover the Foot has hooked up the sword to a high-tech cannon apparatus for some nefarious purpose. The Turtles battle more Foot Ninja, but now they must shut down the vibrational cannon, which threatens to topple a good chunk of lower Manhattan...

7.) THE WAY OF INVISIBILTY: After Casey Jones makes himself an unwanted guest in the Turtles' lair, Raphael takes him topside for a "breath of fresh air," where they encounter the Foot Tech Ninjas — enhanced with cyber armor that makes them faster, stronger and (most deadly of all) able to cloak themselves to virtual invisibility. Raph is kidnapped and interrogated, but Casey manages to slip away and warn the other Turtles. Raph escapes his captors but, unbeknownst to him, is tailed by a squad of cloaked Foot Tech Ninjas. Will Casey and the others get to Raph in time before he leads the Foot Tech Ninja directly to the Turtles' lair?

8.) FALLEN ANGEL: On a nightly training run, the Turtles and Casey Jones break up a Purple Dragon robbery. One of the perps is Angel, a girl Casey knows from the neighborhood who's going through her initiation rites to become a Purple Dragon. Casey tries to stop Angel from going down the wrong path, but ends up getting captured by the Purple Dragons and offered up as the "prize" in the gang's fight club cage match competitions. It's up to Angel to bring the Turtles in to help rescue Casey. The Turtles must battle it out against the biggest, meanest Dragons, including Hun, their man-mountain of a leader

9.) GARBAGEMAN: The boys have made friends with a group of homeless, and are worried when they start mysteriously disappearing into the night! Some Turtle-style detective work leads them to the Garbageman, an immense, smelly egomaniac, who is kidnapping the homeless for slave labor to build an empire on a foundation of garbage. Sounds like it's time for the Turtles to take out the trash!

10.) THE SHREDDER STRIKES, PART 1: Shredder attempts to convince Leonardo that the Shredder is fighting the good fight — that he's out there carrying on the great tradition of bushido and ninjitsu, and the turtles should stand with him. Leonardo is taken in and almost convinces the others until Splinter reveals what he knows of Shredder and Hun — mainly how they did away with Splinter's Master Yoshi. Leonardo realizes he's been fooled — and, it's never a good idea to fool a turtle — at least not a teenage mutant ninja one...

11.) THE SHREDDER STRIKES, PART 2: Our four turtles stand facing their most formidable foe to date — the Shredder. Battle weary, the turtles cannot stand against the Shredder and manage to slip away — getting separated in the process. Can they survive apart? Can they get back together in time to save themselves and face the Shredder? Maybe — with Master Splinter there to guide them...

12.) THE UNCONVINCING TURTLE: Believing the Turtles can accomplish so much more for the city, and inspired by iconic superhero Silver Sentry, Michelangelo decides to take a crack at being a superhero. But he soon discovers superheroism is not all it's cracked up to be. Worse still, he stumbles upon a mind-control experiment by Silver Sentry's arch nemesis Malignus — and ends up battling for his very life against the Malignus-controlled Silver Sentry.

13.) NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND, PART 1: When Don's examination of some mysterious crystals attracts the attention of a subterranean monster, the Turtles underground exploration unearths a Foot Genetics Lab! A video record of strange experiments reveals more of Shredder's mysterious agenda, but when the mutants attack, the boys better watch out, or it's — Everybody out of the gene pool!

14.) NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND, PART 2: After discovering an abandoned underground Foot Genetics Lab, and being attacked by once-human Digging Creatures, the Turtles assist those very creatures in trying to repair a Force Field to protect them against mindless beasts roaming the tunnels. But the Force Field needs a new crystal power source, and the only place to get one is by traveling deeper underground, to the seemingly haunted catacombs... where other Diggers have mysteriously vanished.

15.) NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND, PART 3: After befriending the once-human creatures in an abandoned underground Foot Genetics Lab, the Turtles join them on a journey deeper into the earth, where they come upon the ruins of a once-great subterranean city. When the Turtles and Creatures start vanishing one by one, only Michelangelo is left — and he finally finds the perpetrator — the city's lone surviving Entity. Though the Entity initially appears benevolent by restoring the creatures to their normal human selves, his true intentions become shockingly clear when he demands that they, and the Turtles, will remain in the city forever.

16.) THE KING: With all the turtles living in April's apartment, things are getting a little crazy. But, when Donatello stumbles upon a fantastic monster in the basement, things get crazier. Donatello meets up with Kirby, an artist renting April's basement apartment. Through the powers of a mysterious crystal tied to his pencil, Kirby is able to create anything he draws — including his own world, a world that he and Donatello get sucked into — where things get more and more curious.

17.) SHREDDER STRIKES BACK, PART 1: On a training run Leo is ambushed by a major Foot attack force, including Foot Tech Ninjas, their old enemy Hun, and a new threat: the Foot Elite! At their temporary home at April's apartment, Don, Raph and Mikey wait for Leo to get back, deciding to go search for him just before Leo's limp form is hurled through the window! With his last breath before losing consciousness, he tells them that the worst has happened: the Shredder is back!

18.) SHREDDER STRIKES BACK, PART 2: When the Foot Ninja attack April's apartment in force, the Turtles fight against overwhelming odds to get the wounded Leo to safety. Even the fun-lovin' Casey finds it hard to crack wise when first Hun and then the Shredder raise the stakes, ultimately trapping our heroes in the burning Antique Shop with no way out! Whew!

19.) TALES OF LEO: The Turtles, Splinter, Casey and April just barely manage to escape from the explosion that destroys the antique store. They hit the road and hide out at Casey's grandmother's old farmhouse, but Leonardo is badly wounded, drifting in an out of consciousness. As he lies unconscious, the Turtles and Splinter tell tales of Leonardo's early adventures, using the stories to help guide him back to consciousness.

20.) MONSTER HUNTER: Still recuperating up at Casey's grandmother's farm, the turtles are feeling the sting of boredom. Luckily, a scientist known as the "Monster Hunter" has come to the area searching for a legendary monster — a legend rekindled by the sighting of a green monster lurking in the woods. ("I told you guys to stay out of the woods.") But, with Casey Jones tagging along, Michelangelo and Donatello decide to have a little fun with the Monster Hunter while Leonardo forges new swords with the help of Raphael. It all becomes a bit odd when the boys find some other large green creature besides themselves lurking about. Can they survive both monster and Monster Hunter?

21.) RETURN TO NEW YORK, PART 1: The Turtles return to New York (as the title might suggest) with one goal in mind: to destroy the Shredder once and for all. With April providing remote computer assistance from the lair, the Turtles begin their assault on the Foot HQ skyscraper, fighting their way to the top floor by floor. But first they must overcome an army of Foot Ninja Guards and the deadly cloaking Foot Tech Ninja. But no one is quite prepared for what they encounter inside a Foot Genetics lab...

22.) RETURN TO NEW YORK, PART 2: The Turtles and Splinter continue to fight their way up through the Foot Headquarters skyscraper, facing down three misshapen Mutant Shredder Clones, a hallway of traps, and never-before-seen supernatural foes known as the Mystic Ninja. Finally, they reach their goal: the top floor and Shredder's throne room. But first they must confront Shredder's deadly Foot Elite Ninja. But things really get out of hand when Stockman, in a souped-up exo-suit, crashes the party — literally

23.) RETURN TO NEW YORK, PART 3: With Stockman showing up in the middle of the final battle between our heroes and the Shredder, everything is thrown into chaos — so much so that our heroes must temporarily join forces with the Shredder and Hun to defeat Stockman before he annihilates them all. But, once Stockman is finished off, the final fight continues. Facing this ultimate challenge high atop the Shredder's skyscraper, can our turtles emerge victorious?! Regardless, it promises to be a fight to the finish — or so it seems.

24.) LONE RAPH AND CUB: With Splinter mysteriously vanished last episode, the Turtles are feeling frustrated, not knowing where to start looking for him. Impatient with strategizing, Raph heads off on his own, and runs into a solo adventure involving a kid pursued by mobsters. Initially butting heads, Raph and the kid hammer out a trusting relationship just in time to rescue the kid's mother.

25.) SEARCH FOR SPLINTER, PART 1: After the frustrated Turtles exhaust their search for Splinter, their suspicions turn to the Guardians, and the trail soon leads them to a non-descript building, the initials of its company name spelling out "TCRI" — the same letters stamped onto the canister of ooze responsible for their mutation. Now with two reasons to infiltrate that building, the Turtles recruit both April and Casey to help get them inside.

26.) SEARCH FOR SPLINTER, PART 2: The Turtles successfully infiltrate the mysterious TCRI Building, where they manage to sneak into its inner sanctum, and locate the unconscious Splinter inside a stasis tank. But they also discover that there's more to the technicians inside then meets the eye.

[Source: 4Kids Entertainment Press Release]

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gsr-jedi
02-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Just saw the show this morning (over here FOX's Saturday morning lineup is shown on Sunday morning :crazed: ) I thought it was really good. I noticed that in the show Mike wore his nunchaku in the front, but the new toy has holsters for them in his back, but no big deal really.

kool-aid killer
02-09-2003, 01:43 PM
i had to wait until sunday to see it. i liked it and plan on watching it whenever possible. i liked the animation and how they looked rougher than the original cartoon.

JediTricks
02-09-2003, 09:16 PM
I thought the first ep was ok, but I still hate that theme song soooooo much. Some of the voices weren't so great either I think, Splinter, Don, and Mike are definitely at the top of that list. Also, the lack of weapon-use is a shame, but I guess until Leo carries kid-TV-safe weaponry, that'll have to be.

It was a much better attempt at TMNT than the original cartoon, but somehow I get the feeling that this one won't have the original toon's staying power (not many do these days, it seems like). I did like that Mike was unable to complete the "cowabunga" utterance though, that was funny stuff.

Beast
02-11-2003, 07:02 PM
The official site sent out a new newsletter today, I saw it posted on another forum and decided to repost it. I was going to stick it in the toy collecting other section, but thread is so large. Best to leave it dedicated to just the toys. This covers the cartoon, the toys, and the upcoming Hallmark TV movie. :)

Howdy folks,

I've been getting tons of requests for images from the new show, so I'll be taking artwork from the style guide and adding them to the Art Gallery ASAP.

Today I made some new desktop pix from the style guide images, for those of you who are interested, here's a direct link to the page:

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/wall.htm

We just got a shipment of the limited edition cold cast porcelain Leonardo statue delivered - which hopefully means that those of you who ordered them will be able to pick them up within the next two weeks. Playmates has told us that they plan to release Michelangelo next, but no release date has been given. We're hoping that it will come out this year - but only time will tell.

We haven't gotten the ratings back yet on the new TMNT cartoon shown on Fox Box, but judging by the flood of positive mail that we've received, it did pretty well. Thank you all very much for the support! =O)

No firm release date has been set, but the action figures of April, Casey and Hun should hit toy shelves sometime this spring or early summer. We've gotten some preliminary pix of the sculpts in - if Playmates will give us permission, I hope to post them in a few weeks (the dudes from Playmates are busy right now focusing on Toy Fair in New York City). Casey comes with a removable mask and April will be packaged with two Mousers. Hun is HUGE.

For those of you who haven't heard, pre-production work has begun for a 2 part, live action television mini-series featuring the TMNT. The show is being produced by Hallmark and we're hoping for a 2004 release. Steve Barron, director of the first TMNT movie, is on board as a creative consultant.

Turtle mania is back! =O)

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official TMNT Web Site Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
02-16-2003, 02:00 PM
:)I like it, I was thinking on picking up some of the new toys and get back into the old TMNT spirt,can;t wait for the moive.

JediTricks
02-16-2003, 08:04 PM
It's a good thing my mom wanted me to tape the first ep this week or I would have missed this week's new ep thanks to Fox preempting the 10:30am episode for a race - they bumped the new ep back to 8:30am without telling the listings.

April's outfit seems really inappropriate for a lab assistant, but I guess they didn't want to confuse any recognition issues.

Beast
05-13-2003, 01:03 PM
I figured someone would have mentioned it by now, but I guess I can. Saturday's Episode "Notes From the Underground #1" featured a Star Wars refrence. While investigating a underground Foot Genetics Lab, the Turtles triggered a Force Field security device. As it was trying to crush them against the wall, Mikey (I believe) said somthing along the lines of: "One things for sure, we're all going to be a lot thinner."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
05-15-2003, 07:42 AM
WHAT!!!!! No Bebop and Rocksteady yet!!!!!
That REAL big guy with the blonde rattail, you know he will be Bebop.

Beast
05-15-2003, 02:38 PM
There will be no Bebop or Rocksteady. They were invented for the old cartoon, and Peter Laird hates the characters. There will also be no Krang, but the Utroms (Brain Aliens in Mechanical Bodies) have appeared and will be revealed further in the new series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
05-15-2003, 02:48 PM
I thought this sucked at first (mainly because the first episode I saw seemed a bit too close to the movie), but it's been growing on me. I just looked over the episode guide you posted, JJB, and I have to see the episode called "The King." IIRC, that's the premise of the Donatello one-shot from waaaaaay back when. A lot of other nods to the Mirage series in there, too. I hope Cartoon Network picks this up, because it's hard to get up on Saturdays. :D

Only one complaint: who's the wise guy who decided to correct the spelling of "Michaelangelo"? :mad:

Beast
05-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Yep, E.C. They've done an episode for each one of the One-Shots from back in the Mirage days. Episode #4: "Meet Casey Jones" was the Raphael One-Shot. Epiosde #16: "The King" is the Donatello One-Shot. Episode #19: "Tales of Leo" is the Leonardo One-Shot. The only one they haven't done is Mikey's one shot, which makes some sense. Since Mikey's One-Shot takes place during Christmas and is when he finds his cat, "Klunk". So maybe there will be a Christmas Special based on that issue. :)

And the person who corrected the spelling, was Peter Laird. He wanted to finally put right what once was wrong, the spelling of his name. Apperantly they forgot to check a dictionary or any of Michelangelo's great works of art to get the spelling corrected before they ever did the comic. So it's been mis-spelled since the late 80's and was just corrected when the new comics started coming out again. Should have just left it, frankly. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
05-15-2003, 04:23 PM
It's good to see TMNT come back. I missed the first episode but I'm looking forward to seeing it. I loved the comics but always hated the treatment they got from both the movies and the cartoon. I guess I can sit back and wait for my TMNT comic book collection to finally be worth more than the paper it's printed on.

scruffziller
05-16-2003, 09:57 AM
There will be no Bebop or Rocksteady.

Well that bites. I agree the charachters were a bit corny for the last cartoon but they could improve upon them just like all the rest of the charachters. But I think it would be especially cool to have those charachters done for this cartoon, they would be defiantley killer cool, especially if that guy I talked about became Bebop, he would be monstrous.:crazed: But that is terrible, playing with my emotions. First they show that guy that would obviously be Bebop and then have these last eps telling about how Shredder is playing with mutation.........I'm all afluster.:mad:

Beast
05-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Actually, Hun would not be right for Bebop. There are two Purple Dragon members that look just about how Bebop and Rocksteady did in their human forms. Most likey as a wink to the fans of the old school. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
05-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Actually, Hun would not be right for Bebop. There are two Purple Dragon members that look just about how Bebop and Rocksteady did in their human forms. Most likey as a wink to the fans of the old school. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I tried looking out for guys like that but I didn't see anybody that really came close except for Hun. But You gotta admit though Hun as a Wild Boar mutant would just be off the scale cool.
If you got pics u could post to show what u are talking about JJ that would be great.

JediTricks
05-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm really enjoying this cartoon. I think the art looks fantastic and the action sequences are pretty cool. Not a lot of goofy stuff, not a lot of pandering to kids, and not much feels like advertising for toys. Plus, there's continuity from one episode to the next. If only the themesong wasn't so... well, you know. ;)

Beast
05-17-2003, 03:19 AM
Thankfully the theme song ends quick, so it doesn't cause an extreme amount of suffering. I really love the tight continuity of the series. All of this is building up so greatly for the Shredder Confrontation 3-Parter and the Season Finale 2-Parter. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Peter Laird has already said that Season 2 is being worked on now. Since they are following the Mirage continuity fairly closely with some suprises to make things intresting, it's likely that The Rat King, and Leatherhead will be part of next season. Guarenteed to be part of it is the large Triceratron story arc from the original comics. But a small bit of news for Season 2 has been revealed. This info comes from Ninjatron at SykoGrafix.com. It was announced during Stan Sakai's Drawing Workshop.

From Anime North in Toronto on Friday May 16th..

Stan Sakai announced that he had just this past week spoken with Peter Larid and they are in the process of working out a deal which will see his creation, Usagi Yojimbo, return to televison by way of a guest appearence on TMNT next season!

In Usagi's original cartoon appearences, Usagi had traveled to modern day New York. This time, as far as I heard, the plan is for the Turtles to travel to Usagi's world, made up of funny animals. Oh, the possibilities!

Next year will mark the 20th year of Usagi's adventures, and there will be a number of merchandise items made available to mark this occasion. Expect a new action figure by Playmates to be one of them!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
05-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Old Usagi, I still have the toy of him, ears intact and all.

JediTricks
05-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Thankfully the theme song ends quick, so it doesn't cause an extreme amount of suffering. It's a minute long, far too much for my tastes.

So no sooner than I praised the show on Friday night that Fox pre-empted it the next morning for baseball. As a kid, this drove me out of my MIND. Hopefully, Fox will at least continue airing the 9am reruns and I'll be able to catch the ep next weekend.

Beast
05-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Ack, they pre-empted a 3 part episode? That sucks JT. Hopefully you can catch it. The "Notes from the Underground" Episode Arc is very good so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, we got some info on the DVD of the new show. Here's the info from the official TMNT site, NinjaTurtles.com. :)

4Kids Entertainment will begin releasing DVDs of Season One this September. The current ship date is set for September 2, but this is subject to change. 4Kids came to Mirage Studios and interviewed Peter Laird and some of the Mirage artists to include as bonus footage to the DVDs. I haven't been given any additional info about the format yet - but 4Kids has been releasing two episodes per DVD of other series, so it's possible that they'll follow this strategy with the TMNT (and it's possible that they won't. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
06-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Just caught "Return of the Shredder" parts 1 and 2. Let me just say those were two of the best episodes I've seen the entire season, which is a lot since the entire season has been good for the most part.

Beast
06-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Finally, some concrete news on the DVD release for September 2nd. 2 Volumes will get released that day, each with three episodes. Expect the volumes to look like this:

Volume 1:
EP1 - Things Change
EP2 - A Better Mousetrap
EP3 - Attack of the Mousers

Volume 2:
EP4 - Meet Casey Jones
EP5 - Nano
EP6 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Funimation To Distribute TMNT Videos
DVDs Include Interview With Peter Laird

June 13, 2003

Funimation Productions, which handles the home video releases for 4Kids Entertainment's high-powered Yu-Gi-Oh! series, will also handle the sales and distribution of video products from the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon series now appearing on 4Kids' Fox Box on Saturday morning. The first two TMNT video releases from the new series will each contain three episodes and will be available on both DVD and VHS tape. The DVDs will have an srp of $16.95 and the VHS tape will list for $12.95 The DVDs will include an exclusive interview with TMNT co-creator Peter Laird. The first two volumes from the new TMNT series will be released on September 2nd.

While the new TMNT series easily topped the rest of the Fox Box entries in the most recent TV ratings, the series hasn't reached the heights that it attained in its first incarnation, when it was one of the top children's shows on TV and the number one kids animated home video in the early 90s. Still it hasn't been a failure either -- the series just bowed on Fox on February 8, so it really hasn't had a chance to turn the Fox Box around. The fact that Playmates Toys has sold through more than 1 million TMNT action figures so far this year demonstrates that there is still plenty of interest in the Turtles. The new TMNT animated series has been renewed for next season and Dreamwave Productions is planning a new TMNT color comic book series (see "Peter David To Write TMNT Comic For Dreamwave"), so with videos from Funimation, toys from Playmates, and comics from Dreamwave there should be a higher level of interest and sales by fall.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/2901.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks to lame west coast sports programming (I mean really, European football?!?), I've missed every new ep since "The King" and apparently will continue to do so for at least another week. :frus:

Beast
06-16-2003, 05:06 PM
It's ok, JT. What really sucks is that now the series is on hiatus until the Fall. I guess they don't want to run new episodes during the summer. So the final 8 episodes of the first season have been put on hold until then. And repeats will air over the summer. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Here's the artwork for Volume 2's DVD, that I mentioned a few posts ago.
Not bad, better then a bunch of clipart for covers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Far too many cartoons are treated this way, programming execs seem to have very little idea of the flow of things. As a kid, pre-empted for sports and endless reruns were my most hated foes when it came to cartoons; as an adult, there is more patience but less tolerance for it - I understand the concepts of waiting for a new ep for a while, but it still bugs me and I'm not likely to sit through these reruns. Cartoon Network has become a grande offender of this lately, Transformers: Armada, MOTU, and Justice League all have had far too few new eps and far too many endless reruns lately, especially with the psychotic scheduling changes forced upon them. CN's Adult Swim block on Sunday night is even worse, since it's nearly all original product, they run like 3 new eps and then rerun the same 3 eps again so you end up seeing 1 ep twice a month sometimes.

Beast
06-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Yep, I know exactly what you mean JT. It's starting to get really bad. Atleast Fox seems pretty good with the schedule. It's the affiliate stations that keep pre-empting everything for you West Coasters.

But we pretty much got 18 of the new episodes in a row, with one week off for a repeat of Episode 1. But now we have a full summer or re-runs before they show the last 8 episodes of season 1.

That's gonna be hard on anyone. But especially kids, after the fact they just made it look like the Turtles and Splinter died in the last episode. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-25-2003, 08:03 AM
It's ok, JT. What really sucks is that now the series is on hiatus until the Fall. I guess they don't want to run new episodes during the summer. So the final 8 episodes of the first season have been put on hold until then. And repeats will air over the summer. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well that is good somewhat I now have an extra half hour for my Replay TV.:happy:

Beast
08-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Well, we finally have a concrete date when the last 8 Episodes are going to start running. And when Season 2 is going to pick up. Here it is from the official site. Sadly we're going to loose the repeat showing slot to another new show, but what can you do. :)

On September 13th, the first new TMNT episode premieres at 10:30 AM EST, which is the concluding episode to the "Shredder Strikes Back" story arc.

This is where it gets confusing. :)

September 13th is the beginning of Fox Box Season two, although the 8 new TMNT episodes are considered part of TMNT Season One (each season consists of 26 episodes). Our "seasons" won't line up with Fox Box because they began in September, while the TMNT show didn't debut until February, so our 26 episode seasons will never coincide with the regular Fox Box season.

TMNT Season Two will hopefully begin the week after Episode 26 of Season One airs. If all goes well with the production of the new episodes, TMNT Season Two will begin on November 1 (if I checked the calendar properly :)

Hopefully we'll be getting more concrete info regarding the Turtles toon airing dates outside of the USA soon!

- Here's the new schedule for the Fox Box Season 2, beginning on September 13:

8:00AM - Cubix
8:30AM - The Cramp Twins
9:00AM - Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
9:30AM - Sonic X
10:00AM - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
10:30AM - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
11:00AM - Shaman King
11:30AM - Funky Cops
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-18-2003, 04:38 AM
YIKES! What a mess. And what the heck is Cubix doing off KidsWB?!?

Removing the rerun airings is going to hurt the show's business on the west coast since stupid Fox is going to constantly pre-empt it for sports.

Beast
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
The Episode Synopsis for Season II is up, with a lot of spoilers. Sounds like it's going to be even better then the first. Remember if you don't want to read spoilers, to skip the following information. :)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2

27.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
Our four heroes find themselves beamed halfway across the universe to the planet D’Hoonnib and right into the middle of a police action! There, they befriend the Fugitoid, a.k.a. Professor Honeycutt, who is being pursued by the rogue military forces of General Blanque. The Turtles learn about the strange alien world they have arrived on and, most importantly, Professor Honeycutt’s back story. It seems that he too has developed a teleportation device, and that is why the military is after him. If the Turtles ever want to get home again, Professor Honeycutt, the Fugitoid, may be their only hope.

28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
On the planet D’Hoonnib, the Turtles team up with the Fugitoid, a.k.a. Professor Honeycutt, a scientist trapped in a robot’s body, who is being pursued by the rogue military forces of General Blanque, who is after the Fugitoid’s teleportation invention. Our heroes and Honeycutt hope to procure transport off D’Hoonnib and visit a rather seedy club, but they're soon discovered. While fighting off Blanque’s forces, the Fugitoid is captured by another faction, the warlike Triceratons. The Turtles give chase to save their friend, ultimately ending up on a Triceraton ship bound for their home base!

29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
The Turtles are captured by the Triceratons and thrown into prison, their lives to be used as a bargaining chip to convince the Fugitoid to build his Teleportal device. While incarcerated, the TMNT meet all kinds of weird and dangerous aliens, including the hulking Rynokk, whom Raph bests in cafeteria fight (for which he is thrown into solitary). Leo, Don and Mike plot their escape and free Raph from solitary - only to be caught by the Triceraton prison guards. The Turtles are shackled once again, but instead of being returned to the prison, they are taken to fight in a gladiatorial arena!

30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena
Welcome to the Tri-Sports Arena, filled to capacity with cheering Triceraton crowds thirsty to watch grueling combat. Where gladiators go in but never come out. Our four heroes have been sentenced to become gladiators in ruthless competition that ends only in victory or death. Will our lads be trampled into the dirt of the arena floor never to rise again or will they push their Ninjitsu skills to a higher level facing their ultimate fight for survival?

31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars
The Turtles have made it through the prison... they’ve made it through the gladiatorial games... and now with Professor Honeycutt (the Fugitoid) safely in tow and the Prime Leader as a very important hostage, the TMNT are faced with their biggest challenge yet: getting home! To make matters worse, here come the D’Hoonibians hot on our heroes’ trail. So, caught in the middle of a shellacious space battle between the Triceratons and D’Hoonnibians, our turtle teens must protect the Fugitoid long enough for him to make the Teleportal. Only one problem - he’s never really tested it before!

32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
Back from their adventures in space, the Turtles find themselves in the headquarters of the same aliens who teleported them across the universe! The discovery of an old friend and new allies leads to a trip back through time and a major revelation about their origin! Can things get any weirder? Knowing the Turtles, the answer is... definitely!

33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
The TMNT and Splinter have taken a little trip down the Utroms’ memory lane via a high-tech virtual reality device experiencing first hand the Utroms’ crash landing on Earth and their life in feudal Japan. The only problem is the reality is no longer virtual thanks to Baxter Stockman... or what’s left of him. Our heroes find that this computer generated dream world is much more like a horrific nightmare... with very little chance that they’ll make it out alive!

34.) Secret Origins - Part 3
The Turtles and Splinter escape the Utroms' high-tech virtual reality device, only to find the Shredder and all his forces waiting for them. All shell breaks loose in yet another showdown between our heroes and the Shredder. But will the Turtles and Splinter escape before the entire TCRI building goes kablooey?

35.) Reflections
Catching up on some much needed rest, our heroes take a little trip to Casey’s grandma’s farmhouse as well as a little trip down memory lane. But, every memory is haunted by the same dark figure - the Shredder. It seems that the Shredder is very much a part of their lives... perhaps too much so... and, oddest of all, maybe even a part of the Turtles’ very origin!

36.) The Ultimate Ninja
There’s a bad dude in town and he’s looking to pick a fight. This Ultimate Ninja has come halfway across the inter-dimensional universe to battle the Shredder, defeat him and gain glory. The only problem is that someone has already defeated the Shredder... our guys with Leonardo delivering the coup de tete (literally, back in Episode 23). So now, the Ultimate Ninja has Leonardo in his sights, and this glory-seeking traveler isn’t going home without a trophy... namely the head of our young teenage mutant hero!

37.) Modern Love - The Return of Nano
The Turtles are in big trouble from a microscopic enemy when the bizarre Nano-monster returns for a rematch! When the self-replicating techno-nightmare springs his criminal “father” out of jail and goes on another rampage, it’s up to the Turtles to stop it. But how do you stop something that rebuilds itself faster than you can bash it apart?

38.) What A Croc!
The TMNT discover that they’re not alone in the sewer. The green ooze which mutated them years ago also claimed another victim - Leatherhead! Fueled by frustration, fear and blind rage, but tempered with intelligence, rationality and curiosity, will Leatherhead turn out to be a valuable ally or a formidable foe? And who is this mysterious friend he keeps talking about?

39.) Return to the Underground
The Turtles return to the ancient underground city they discovered in "Notes From the Underground" - only to find the city abandoned, its crystal moon power source missing and its human population reverted to monsters. Don has an untested serum to cure the monsters and restore them to their human form, but will he be able to use it before the monsters destroy the Turtles?

40.) City at War - Part 1
With the Shredder apparently gone, the underworld factions of the Big Apple clash for power in a gang war that threatens to tear the city apart! The Turtles were feeling pretty good about their victory over their arch enemy... until now! What can four green teens do to stop... a City at War?!

41.) City at War - Part 2
The TMNT find themselves in the middle of an escalating gang war between the remains of the Foot, the Purple Dragons and the mob (with their new ally - none other than Baxter Stockman!) Can the Turtles survive the deadly onslaught? Heck, can the city even survive the deadly onslaught?

42.) City at War - Part 3
The Turtles have their hands full fighting the mob, the Purple Dragons and what’s left of the Foot. Now, they’ve joined forces with Karai, who used to be the Shredder’s right hand “man.” Can they trust her? Well, having a whole city at war does tend to make strange bedfellows.

43.) Junklantis
Now that they’ve got a Shell Sub, the Hudson River becomes the Turtles' underwater wonderland... NOT! The junk in the riverbed is even more dangerous than the city above when the Turtles run into their old nemesis the Garbage Man, living in a fortress beneath the waves - his very own Junklantis! The trashy villain is bent on gaining wealth through underwater salvage... even if he has to create his own shipwrecks to do so!

44.) The Golden Puck
Casey Jones loves the new sport of Super Slam Hockey, it’s the pure evolution of a great game into a perfect game. But, when the legendary Golden Puck (a piece of hockey history dating back to 17th Century Holland) is stolen from the Super Slam Hockey rink in Central Park, Casey’s beyond indignant - he’s ready for action! Fearing that Casey will hurt himself (or someone else), the Turtles help our Super Slam Hockey fanatic get on the trail of the Golden Puck and the crooks that stole it. There’s only one problem with Super Slam Hockey - some days you’re the stick... and some days you’re the puck! Either way, you’re likely to get slammed... make that super slammed!

45.) Rogue in the House - Part 1
The Shredder is back... rested up... recuperated and repaired, and he has a new plan for global domination. But first, all he wants to do is exterminate the Turtles. Call it a trial run of his new ideas. New ideas... old habits; the Turtles must perish.

46.) Rogue in the House - Part 2
Shredder creates an army of Foot Mechs and sends a robotic Splinter to seek and destroy the Turtles. Our heroes overcome this mechanical menace and trace its origin right back to their old nemesis. Taking the fight to the source, the TMNT bring with them a five hundred pound wildcard we like to call Zog, a Triceraton warrior left on Earth by accident. But will this strange ally be enough to save our heroes and stop the Shredder’s plans? And is there another wild card in the mix? Will Karai keep her loyalty to the Shredder even when it goes against her sense of honor?

47.) April's Artifact
While helping set up April's rebuilt shop, the Turtles stumble across an antique puzzle cube that belonged to her father, who mysteriously disappeared a few years ago. After messing with the cube, the TMNT and April are transported to another dimension… a cruel world of giant insects. But will this journey lead April to discover what happened to her father? Will she get some closure? Or, will she and the Turtles get a little too much closure… namely, the end of their lives?

48.) Return of the Justice Force
Mikey's quest for a rare comic book leads the Turtles and Casey back to Northampton, Massachusetts where they stumble on a mystery madman's plot to kidnap all the remaining members of a now-retired super hero team known as the Justice Force. All evidence points to a former member of the team as the mastermind behind the kidnappings. But is there more to his agenda than meets the eye?

49.) The Big Brawl - Part 1
As he does every three years, Splinter mysteriously goes off leaving his four boys at home. Where he’s going, he won’t say. Unbeknownst to Splinter, the four boys are curious and follow. Soon, they find themselves traveling through a dimensional gateway and in the middle of a fight... a fight that is part of a qualifying round... which is the beginning of the Battle of the Nexus, which we lovingly refer to as the Big Brawl. I think the TMNT are asking exactly what we’re asking: what the shell is going on here?

50.) The Big Brawl - Part 2
Finding themselves in an inter-dimensional tournament, our four teenage mutant ninja turtles discover a past about Splinter they never knew... that Splinter won the tournament they’re in years ago by defeating a malignant fighter named Lord Drako. And, our heroes are about to discover that Splinter’s past is about to collide with them like a speeding freight train.

51.) The Big Brawl - Part 3
As the Battle Nexus Tournament continues, Leonardo has been poisoned and lies unconscious fighting for his life. Splinter is wrongly imprisoned for an attempt on the Daimyo's life. It looks like the Ultimate Ninja and the evil Lord Drako’s plan will come to fruition. This could be our heroes’ darkest hour …

52.) The Big Brawl - Part 4
It’s down and dirty time. Splinter is imprisoned. Leo is dying of poison. Don and Usagi Yojimbo are fighting for their lives and the life of the Daimyo against a horde of assassins. Drako is about to gain big time power by getting his paws on the Daimyo’s warstaff. And, worst of all (from Raphael’s perspective), Mikey’s poised to win the Battle Nexus Tournament and become Battle Nexus Champion. Things couldn’t possibly get any worse... or could they? Remember the bloodthirsty Triceraton Republic? You will...

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Peter Laird put up a couple pictures from the first episode of the second season. We see Leo battling one of General Blanque's soldiers. Professor Honeycutt trying to help his robot worker, Sal. And Leonardo talking to Fugatoid. Looks cool. Follow the link and scroll down. :)

http://www.planetracers.com/blast/blast79.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Fugatoid?! I remember having his action figure! Glad to see he's in the cartoon!

Beast
11-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, last saturday was the Season Finale. Good Episode, if I do say so myself. Nice to finally see the Utroms revealed. After 25 episodes just giving us hints and glimpes and such of the council. Note that instead of going into repeats, this Saturday's episode will be new. "Turtles in Space pt. 1: The Fugatoid". So expect new episodes, for atleast 5 weeks. Then they will either continue with new episodes, or may take a break before the highly anticipated "Secret Origins" 3-parter. :)

And in DVD news, Volume 5: Notes from the Undreground and Volume 6: The Shredder Strikes back are being released January 13th. And then Volume 7: Return to New York and Volume 8: The Search for Splinter is being released March 23rd. No word on the exact break down. But it's expected that Volume 5 and 6 will contain 4 episodes instead of 3, so the discs work out right. My own speculation is that the DVD's will look like this. :)

Volume 5:
EP13 - Notes From the Underground - Part 1
EP14 - Notes From the Underground - Part 2
EP15 - Notes From the Underground - Part 3
EP16 - The King (Special Edition)

Volume 6:
EP17 - The Shredder Strikes Back - Part 1
EP18 - The Shredder Strikes Back - Part 2
EP19 - Tales of Leo
EP20 - The Monster Hunter

Volume 7:
EP21 - Return to New York - Part 1
EP22 - Return to New York - Part 2
EP23 - Return to New York - Part 3

Volume 8:
EP24 - Lone Raph and Cub
EP25 - Search for Splinter - Part 1
EP26 - Search for Splinter - Part 2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-08-2003, 11:05 AM

Our four heroes find themselves beamed halfway across the universe to the planet D’Hoonnib and right into the middle of a police action! There, they befriend the Fugitoid, a.k.a. Professor Honeycutt, who is being pursued by the rogue military forces of General Blanque. The Turtles learn about the strange alien world they have arrived on and, most importantly, Professor Honeycutt’s back story. It seems that he too has developed a teleportation device, and that is why the military is after him. If the Turtles ever want to get home again, Professor Honeycutt, the Fugitoid, may be their only hope.
Figured I would start a regularly weekly deal for those of use that follow the new show. Since a few people were worried about the direction the series was going, about having the turtles in Space. Even though that's where the original comic series went with them in the Fugatoid One-Shot and Issue #5. So, what did everyone think of the Season Premiere?

I thought it was actually better then I expected. I had a few concerns also. But the animation was good. As was the 'easter eggs' in the series. Such as the Bizarro World 'Sensei Turtleoid and Teenage Alien Ninja Ratoids' in the sewers, especially when they went the extra mile for the 'Cowabunga' subtitle for the one rodent alien.

Fugatoid came off as very C-3PO'ish to me as well, especially in his mannerisms and voice. Just like I figured they had designed him to be in the original comics. All in all, the episode was a very dedicated adaption of those two issues of the original Mirage Comics. And the hint of things to come with the Triceraton General Mozer at the end was nice. So, what does everyone else think? :)

Fugatoid One-Shot Comic (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/fugitoid/fugitoid.htm)
TMNT Volume 1 - Issue #5 Comic (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/05/05.htm)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 03:30 AM
As was the 'easter eggs' in the series. Such as the Bizarro World 'Sensei Turtleoid and Teenage Alien Ninja Ratoids' in the sewers, especially when they went the extra mile for the 'Cowabunga' subtitle for the one rodent alien.That was easily my favorite part, I ended up going back and watching it again.

As for the rest of the ep, it was ok, but it seemed like the art got a little more cartoony and kiddie-anime than the first season. I didn't feel really drawn to the storyline, and considering we just came off a 3-parter, having this half of the story be another multi-parter (it's like 4 or 5 parts, right?) coming from a one-shot comic seems a little like cheating. Still, with X-men Evolution in endless reruns and Jackie Chan Adventures becoming even more predictable, Saturday Morning needs TMNT more than ever.

Beast
11-09-2003, 06:07 AM
Yeah, it's going to be a 5 episode arc. Actually I love the attention to continuity in the New Series. It seems 'Farscape-ish' to me. Not like the old series, where things would happen and just be pretty much ignored after that. And while we did just come off a 2-parter (The Search for Splinter), the whole series as a whole seems like one long movie that's been chopped up into lil bite size peices anyway.

As for it being a 5-parter, the whole arc is based on 3 issues of the comic. They just adapted 1 1/2 for part one, which was 'The Fugatoid' One-Shot and 'TMNT Volume 1 #5'. But the whole 5 episode arc is fully adapted from 'The Fugatoid', 'TMNT Volume 1 #5, and 'TMNT Volume 1 #6'. Plus they are adding a lot more characterization and a bit more story that those issues didn't include. I'm more worried about the 'City at War' 3-Parter later in the season, which is adapted from 13 comics. :eek:

TMNT Volume 1 - Issue #6 Comic (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/06/06.htm)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I enjoyed the todays episode. I thought the master turtle and his four rat pupils part was funny. Perhaps the best thing i liked about this episode was that it seemed like the turtles were attacking in ways we hadnt seen before. It looked better than the usual block, spin kick thing they always seem to do against the Foot.

JediTricks
11-09-2003, 08:03 PM
I agree, the fighting did seem to be well-varied this time around.

JJB, did you notice an art style change like that which I commented on?

Beast
11-09-2003, 08:09 PM
I noticed some minor changes in the animation. Mostly things like Mikey's eyeholes in his mask being a bit bigger, nothing really profound. And it wasn't evident to me in the 'Earth' scenes of the recap. Where Casey and April are watching the T.C.R.I. buidling beaming the Turtles into space. So I think they just gave the animation a bit of a different style for the scenes on D’Hoonnib. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Here's some pictures of the minor changes to the animation. The first three are from "The Fugatoid" episode. The second two are from "Return to New York". It does look a bit different, but I don't see a huge problem with refining the style just a bit. And like I said, I didn't see much of a change in the animation of humans. Or on 'Earth' with Casey and April. So we'll have to see if it continues after the 'Turtles in Space' arc is over. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-11-2003, 07:09 PM
I would just hate to see the art slip into "cheesy cartoon" territory after such a fine showing from the first season. The original TMNT cartoon was "cheesy cartoon", this show has been trying to be better, I thought.

Beast
11-11-2003, 07:21 PM
I don't think the art is going 'cheesy cartoon', it's just some minor design changes. Probably due to new animators on the show for this season. In fact, checking over the episodes from Season 1, there was some variation to animation in those as well. I don't think it's really all that bad. And the human characters and backgrounds show that they're still going for realistic animation. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I remember how the old cartoons initial episodes had more of a "serious" tone but eventually Shredder and his goons came off as fools and it took more of a lame jokes approach. I would hate to see this one go the same way. I think it can go awhile without having to revert to corny jokes and sloppy animation.

Beast
11-15-2003, 10:39 AM
On the planet D’Hoonnib, the Turtles team up with the Fugitoid, a.k.a. Professor Honeycutt, a scientist trapped in a robot’s body, who is being pursued by the rogue military forces of General Blanque, who is after the Fugitoid’s teleportation invention. Our heroes and Honeycutt hope to procure transport off D’Hoonnib and visit a rather seedy club, but they're soon discovered. While fighting off Blanque’s forces, the Fugitoid is captured by another faction, the warlike Triceratons. The Turtles give chase to save their friend, ultimately ending up on a Triceraton ship bound for their home base!
Well, here's the second episode of Season 2. And I have to say that it was a definate improvement on the first. While I look forward to them getting back from the Space Arc, I've been really enjoying something a little different then the first season. And they're pretty good adaptions of the original Mirage storyarc. The action and humor was a lot better then the first episode, I guess it was just a bit overwhelming to take the series in a sci-fi'ish direction for a while. :)

Poor Mikey, starving and then having to dress in drag. And deal with being hit on by lecherous aliens. The ANH'ish Cantina was great, straight out of the comics. And even more Star Wars homages, especially the incredibly obvious one of the smugglers, who looked like everyone's favorite Corellian and Wookiee sidekick. Nice to see them toss that in there as a wink to the Star Wars fans. Especially with Fugatoid being C-3PO'ish. And the guys reaction to seeing Han and Chewie was priceless, "We can do better."

Really like the fact that just like New York, they don't have any allies. The Human Federation wants them dead. And so does the Triceraton Republic. Even more Star Wars homages, with the chase through the trees. And the Triceraton crashing into one. Hated the cliffhanger though, having them in the cargo bay of the Triceraton ship, out of air. I assume the Space Suit Turtle figures will probably come into play in the start of the next episode then. All in all, a great episode, and next weeks should be even better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Just wanted to drop this picture into the thread, since it's in relation to my mention of the 'Han Solo & Chewbacca' Cameo in the Alien Cantina. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-16-2003, 11:58 AM
My mother thought that part was funny too. I believe there was something in the bar that resembled a Jawa, short in stature and dressed in a brown robe. Why did the ships hull open up? Was it due to the manuevering they did to escape the Federation ships or did it just happen to leave us wondering what would become of them?

Beast
11-16-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure why there was a hull breech. Probably just due to the damage from Federation Ships. Or the stress due to the burn manuver they used to get away from the Federation Ships. I don't have the original issue, but I don't think there was a hull breech in it. The Triceratons just turned off gravity and oxygen to non-essential areas of the ship. Basically it was just done for a Cliffhanger. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-17-2003, 10:05 PM
That Han & Chewie bit was great.

Beast
11-22-2003, 10:50 AM

The Turtles are captured by the Triceratons and thrown into prison, their lives to be used as a bargaining chip to convince the Fugitoid to build his Teleportal device. While incarcerated, the TMNT meet all kinds of weird and dangerous aliens, including the hulking Rynokk, whom Raph bests in cafeteria fight (for which he is thrown into solitary). Leo, Don and Mike plot their escape and free Raph from solitary - only to be caught by the Triceraton prison guards. The Turtles are shackled once again, but instead of being returned to the prison, they are taken to fight in a gladiatorial arena!
Another really good episode, if I do say so myself. So far better then the last two, definatly. They really do love the cliffhanger endings though, don't they. But as I said, it was a good episode, and just like the comic it's based on, they went into deep meditation to survive the lack of atmosphere in the cargo hold. I was really hoping for the spacesuits that are coming as figures next year though. Ah well, hopefully we'll still see them in the next two episodes. Or they'll just be unneccisary variants, like the Extreme Sports Turtles. Especially with Purple Dragon Turtles and Trenchcoat Turtles being actual variants that appear in the show.

I really like that they went in to enough detail to actually bother explaining the Triceraton's masks on the Federation Planet. And requiring the Turtles to wear atmosphere processes, so they could breath the air. And it's much more intresting to see they don't breath oxygen. Nitrogen and Sulfer really makes them more 'alien'. A nice touch, that most cartoons wouldn't even bother to recognize that an alien race could breath something other then oxygen for convenience. And the Triceraton homeworld was intresting, straight from the comics, if I recall correctly. I haven't seen the Mirage issues in a long time.

Poor Mikey got constant abuse in the episode though. Especially the 'Eating the Floor Wax' gag. And then the "I got a rock" Charlie Brown homage. Adding insult to injury, being forcefed the wax by his brothers, so that he could play sick for the guards. Heh, and of course Donny's footgames with the keycard, cause he didn't want to touch it after Mikey hacked it up. Loved the replacement weapons though, harkening back to something Splinter said in an earlier episode regarding the weapon being only as strong as the ninja who weilds it. Seeing Donny with a broom, Mikey with nunchuck toilet brushes, Leo with dual plungers, and poor Raph religated to a pair of spoons was great.

Also Raph's "Spooooooon" warcry was a nice touch, a homage to The Tick of course. Of course, like I said before...they really love those cliffhanger ending though. With the Turtles being recaptured after a nice battle scene with the Triceraton guards. And then being transported to the Arena Games that will be the focus of the next episode. It should again be an intresting adaption of the original source comics. But much better, since they've been trying to add in a lot more humor and personality, that was lacking in the early Mirage comics.

But like Mikey said at the end, "I'm really starting to miss the Shredder about now." That should come back to bite him on the arse soon enough, since after two more space episodes, they'll be heading back to Earth. And then the Utroms will start the 'Secret Origins' 3-Parter. Which should explain the Utroms, Turtles, and Shredder's origins. Which I know a lot of people are looking forward to, especilly since Season 1 left a lot of mysteries that will probably finally be wrapped up. And of course we'll see the return of Baxter and old Chromedome. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Well, I didn't like this ep much at all. It's starting to feel too jokey, the animation quality is slipping in several key areas, and Mikey is once again becoming the forefront character with the most lines and the majority of them being childish junk gags. Also, unlike the first 2 eps of this arc, there wasn't much in the way of a momentum being developed, it felt like a stall-out. The "Spoon!" line wasn't as fun an left-turn-joke as the Han & Chewie or the alien sewer having its own TMNT group. I'm pretty bummed that we have to sit through 2 more eps to this flat, played out story and then probably wait several months for a new ep.

Beast
11-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Wow, this is great news. Since it will only increase the number of people that watch the show. And also make the show even more popular with kids and us big kids who watch the show with a sense of nostalgia.

Kids Entertainment Licenses Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Cartoon Network:
FOX BOX Animated Series To Join Cartoon Network Lineup In Spring 2004

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 24, 2003--
FOX BOX To Continue Airing First-Run TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES In Its Saturday Morning Lineup

4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE) announced today that it has licensed the U.S. cable television rights to the first 40 episodes of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES to Cartoon Network. These episodes of the animated series will be part of Cartoon Network's lineup beginning Spring 2004.

The TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES series will continue all first-run broadcasts of new episodes on the FOX BOX, 4Kids Entertainment's weekend morning four-hour program block. 4Kids has already picked up the series for the 2004-2005 broadcast season. In addition, 4Kids will continue to be able to broadcast the first 40 episodes of the series on the FOX BOX.

"The TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES have won the hearts of a whole new generation of fans," said Al Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "We're pleased to be able to broadcast the series with Cartoon Network. Now that we're adding the Cartoon Network audience, we're certain that many more kids across the country will become part of the growing craze and get 'Turtle-ized.'"

Now in its second season on the FOX BOX, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, which is produced by 4Kids Entertainment and Mirage Licensing, Inc., features the colorful characters, exciting ninja action and irreverent humor that sparked TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES mania more than a dozen years ago, but updated for today's kids with an all-new edgier look and feel.

The legend of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES begins when four, ordinary pet store turtles are exposed to a mysterious green ooze. The turtles are rescued by a kind and intelligent rat named Splinter, the former pet of a ninja master, who adopts them, and takes them to live with him in his lair below the streets of New York City. After realizing they are all being mutated by their exposure to the mysterious ooze, Splinter teaches his charges the ninjitsu skills he has observed, and trains them in the honorable and heroic Bushido code. The four TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael and Leonardo - use their new skills to battle the evil Shredder and The Foot Clan, his formidable legion of ninja warriors, in the 30-minute action-adventure comedy series.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-29-2003, 11:35 AM

Welcome to the Tri-Sports Arena, filled to capacity with cheering Triceraton crowds thirsty to watch grueling combat. Where gladiators go in but never come out. Our four heroes have been sentenced to become gladiators in ruthless competition that ends only in victory or death. Will our lads be trampled into the dirt of the arena floor never to rise again or will they push their Ninjitsu skills to a higher level facing their ultimate fight for survival?
Well, here we are at the fourth episode in the Turtles in Space arc. I'm still enjoying it, but I'm glad we only have one more before we get back to Earth and we get the 'Secret Origins' 3-Parter. As much as I've enjoyed the Space Arc, I agree that it's starting to drag not seeing anyone but the 4 Turtles being focused on so much. The show really is much better when they have Splinter, April, and Casey to play off of in the episodes.

But all in all, it was a fairly good episode. The arena battles were quite well animated. Though the one against the purple critter at the beginning was a bit overdone. It took to long and didn't really progress the story much. The scenes in the Gladiator Slave Pen did though. Especially Traximus' story, making the Triceraton's less like 1-dimensional baddies. The fact that the Prime Leader's actually managed to stamp out their honorable code that once was in place, was a nice touch. I was really expecting an 'Attack of the Clones' moment though. With General Blanque and his forces storming the arena. Ah well, maybe in part 5. :)

I really hope all the story points get wrapped up once the arc is over though. Especially since Traximus and the rest of the Gladiators got pushed out of the arena and a door came up to cut them off from the Turtles. I don't really want to see this being left as a dangling plot thread, where you don't know what happens to them. And it will be addressed later in the season with Zog. And no matter how contrived the return of their weapons was, it was nice to see them getting them back finally. Especially Mikey's reaction to seeing his chucks again. Priceless.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmm... according to the TV schedule, next week's ep is "A Desperate Situation". While the Yahoo TV episode numbers correspond (yesterday's was #130 and next week's is #131), the first 4 eps of the season had the correct titles (such as "Turtles in Space: The Arena"). Is Fox going to leave us hanging?

Beast
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
They may have changed the title of the episode from 'The Triceraton Wars'. But it's supposed to be the fifth and final episode of the 'Space Turtles' arc. I don't know why the TV schedule isn't listing it the other way. There were some minor name alterations to a couple of the first Season Episodes. But they can't be showing an episode out of sequence. As there's no episodes with that sort of title coming in the line up. So it's either a name change which does still fit the episode synopsis. Or it's just a simple case of an error. I just checked TV Guide, and they listed 'A Desperate Situation' also, so I'm betting they just changed the name of the episode after they were released. :)

The Turtles have made it through the prison... they’ve made it through the gladiatorial games... and now with Professor Honeycutt (the Fugitoid) safely in tow and the Prime Leader as a very important hostage, the TMNT are faced with their biggest challenge yet: getting home! To make matters worse, here come the D’Hoonibians hot on our heroes’ trail. So, caught in the middle of a shellacious space battle between the Triceratons and D’Hoonnibians, our turtle teens must protect the Fugitoid long enough for him to make the Teleportal. Only one problem - he’s never really tested it before!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-06-2003, 11:41 AM

Well, here we are. The final episode of the 'Turtles in Space' arc. And I thought that again, it was very good. Though maybe a bit drug out. 4 Episodes may have been enough to tell the story, but I don't know if we would have gotten as much development as we did if they would have tried to tell the whole arc in 4 episodes. The new more 'toonish' animation that a few people were complaining about, in the first few episodes seems to be fully gone now. Which should please a lot of people that weren't thrilled by the style.

Hilarious that the Prime Leader never considered having Fugitoid dismantled and downloading his knowledge. Donny really needs to learn to think sometimes, before he opens his beak though. I was amazed that the Fox Kids censors didn't have issues when Fugitoid grabbed the gun and put it to his head. I thought I'd never see something like that in a cartoon series. Though I'm betting they were able to get away with it, because Fugitoid was a robot. If it had been a human character, I doubt we would have seen something like that happen.

Lot's of pop-culture refrences in this episode also, especially in Star Wars and Star Trek veins. First Mikey with his 'Captain Kirk' immitation. And then Raph and Mikey in the gun ports of the Prime Leader's ship. I just could tell it was coming, and no big suprise. We got the infamous Millenium Falcon gunport sequence lines, Raph: "I got one." Mikey: "Don't get cocky, kid." It might not make much sense to a lot of kids, but it's a nice wink to adults that are fans of the genre. Since the entire space arc was a nice homage to several space movies. And the Triceraton ships being dubbed Tri-Fighters by the Turtles, another brilliant wink to fans of Star Wars.

It was nice to see the appearance of the Space Suits, that are upcoming in the Toy Line next year. And it's great how Mikey's suit is going to be show accurate, since his is the only figure who's suit has a tail. Though, one must ask themselves, how was Mikey able to make the tail move. But back to the show, I'm a bit disapointed that we didn't get some closure to the other gladiators in the arena. But maybe when Zog the Triceraton shows up later in the season, we'll get some answers to their fates. But I am glad that General Blanque found out about the traitor in his midst, didn't want to see that be another plot point that was never followed up on.

Funny how the Teleportal looks almost nothing like the design schematics that were shown though, other then in very minor ways. Oh well, not going to nitpick to much about that. But I'm glad that they stuck somewhat close to the comics, and it wasn't Fugitoids device that ended up saving them. Though again, they're really pushing the envelope with the series. Especially Leonardo wrestling with his promise to destroy Fugitoid, to prevent his knowledge from falling into the Federation of Triceraton Republic's hands. And atleast next week, we're finally back on Earth with the 'Secret Origins' 3-Parter. But dang them and their cliffhanger endings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Some more news on the show appearing on Cartoon Network, we now have an idea when. And it also looks like it's going to be a daily thing. Because CN is going to show the first 5 episodes, at 4PM Dec 29th - Jan 2nd. And then the series will join the channel in March or April. The info comes from Dan Berger of the official TMNT website. :)

Howdy folks,

Just a bit of news this time, Cartoon Network will run episodes 1-5 of the new TMNT series at 4:00 PM each day during the week of December 29, 2003 through January 2, 2004. No time zone was designated, so check your local listings to make sure that the cartoon is on at 4:00 PM in your area.

Cartoon Network will begin to broadcasting the show regularly as a Monday through Friday "strip" in March or April. As you can see, the exact time and date haven't been determined yet - but if alotta people watch the episodes in December, perhaps that will encourage them to begin airing the show earlier - so toon in, Turtle fans! :)

Cheers!
Dan Berger
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey JJB, did you notice that the Federations space fighters resembled x-wings (at least the body did, not the wings) to an extent? I liked this episode but am glad that they are going somewhere else now.

Beast
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Well for the next two weeks, it seems we're getting a break. Fox Box is going to do a 'Behind the Masks' deal for the next two weeks. So they are showing the Turtles stand alone episodes. This Saturday is Mikey and Donny, so they are airing Mikey's 'The Unconvincing Turtle Titan' at 8:30 AM, and then Donny's 'The King' at 10:30 AM. And then next week is Leo and Raph, so they're showing Leo's 'Tales of Leo' at 8:30 AM and Raph's 'Lone Raph and Cub' at 10:30. Then hopefully we'll be back into new episodes again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Dammit, I didn't tune in this morning! I figured with a pair of repeats, I could finally sleep in for once. Of course, they showed the extended ending of 'The King' episode that was supposed to be exclusive for the DVD release. Ah well, the DVD's out in about a month, so I guess I'll have to wait. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-13-2003, 09:15 PM
I saw this a few days ago, man, I'm impressed. I may have to get the DVD's. I do miss the old cartoon, I used to love that.
One interesting thing was the Invisible Foot Soldiers. I loved it when the Turtles wore heat sensor goggles and kicked butt.

Do you people prefer the new cartoon or the old one? I remember the Neutreno's. Is that what they were called? they were weird but cool.

JediTricks
12-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Awww! I also missed yesterday's ep, dang it!!!

Beast
12-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Just checked with Yahoo's TV Listings, no new episode on the 27th either. Showing that day at 8:30 is "Meet Casey Jones" and at 10:30 is "The Shredder Strikes". Which pretty much points to the fact there won't be a new episode the week after either. Since they'll wanna show part 2 of "The Shredder Strikes". :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Makes sense, late December programming is generally the lump of coal in every viewer's stocking. The networks feel everybody will be busy with holiday stuff and not be watching the tube, so they generally don't wanna risk new programming on only a fraction of the regular audience.

Beast
12-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Intresting update over on the official TMNT website. Some pictures of the Justice Force and Dr. Dome from "Return of the Justice Force (Episode #48) from Season 2. And also the original issue it's based on. :)

Return of the Justice Force

Mikey's quest for a rare comic book leads the Turtles and Casey back to Northampton, Massachusetts where they stumble on a mystery madman's plot to kidnap all the remaining members of a now-retired super hero team known as the Justice Force. All evidence points to a former member of the team as the mastermind behind the kidnappings. But is there more to his agenda than meets the eye?
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/2004/justiceforce.html
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/15/15.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Well, we're still knee deep in repeats. This coming weekend's episodes are the Season Finale episodes from Season 1. Though they are a pair of really good episodes, so I won't mind seeing them again. :)

8:30 - Search for Splinter pt. 1

10:30 - Search for Splinter pt. 2

Hopefully with the choice, and the fact that they're showing them in a row like that. Is that they're gearing up for the 'Secret Origins' 3-Parter to start the week after. Since they'll be beaming back into TCRI that we last saw in SfS. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-04-2004, 10:04 PM
After a long hiatus for the holidays, new episodes pick up again on the 17th with the long awaited pt. 1 of the 'Secret Origins' 3-parter. It's about time, since we've been waiting for a while for answers about the Utroms and Shredder. Bring it on. :)

Back from their adventures in space, the Turtles find themselves in the headquarters of the same aliens who teleported them across the universe! The discovery of an old friend and new allies leads to a trip back through time and a major revelation about their origin! Can things get any weirder? Knowing the Turtles, the answer is... definitely!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-17-2004, 11:14 AM

Well, where to begin. We finally get the turtles back to earth. Which is definatly a good thing. And they did get beamed back with some of Blanque's men and 3 Triceratons. So after a quick fire fight, the Utroms hit them with some sort of stasis beam and knock them out. Soon they are reunited with Splinter who tells them to not attack Dr. Mortu and the Utroms anymore. And explains that the ooze is a byproduct of Utrom Research.

And this is where it gets weird. We get a lot of answers, but even more questions. Dr. Mortu takes Splinter and the Turtles to pods that will show them the history of the Utrom race. Which starts off on a Starship transporting an 'Evil Utrom' back to their home planet. He's been a wanted fugitive for some time. He's a darker red then the other Utroms seems to have a tattoo on his left eye and is wearing some sort of weird helmet doohicky. During the flight he breaks free, and proceeds to sabotage the ship. And Dr. Mortu (The Ship's Captain) crash lands it on the only possible habital planet. The planet earth in the 11th Century.

The Earth's technology is not advanced enough for them to repair their ship, much less build a new one or a transmat device to teleport them home. So they decide to wait, centuries if need be for technology to advance. Mikey sadly continues to be used as an idiot when they want a cheap laugh. I prefer when they dial back him, so he's only funny because he doesn't do incredibly stupid things. The continual forgetting that this was all a simulation in their minds was a bit....overdone. But we get some answers, as the ship navigators are three Utroms with linked minds. The Utrom Council we've seen before. And that the Utrom race is incredibly long lived. Since the Council and Mortu are still alive in the current time.

And now, the thing that will cause many people to probably have an issue with the series. The reveal that 'The Shredder' is actually an evil Utrom in an advanced exoskeleton body suit. The same criminal Utrom that they were transporting and caused them to crash on Earth. As worried as I was when I first heard about this, it seems to come off pretty well. The writing made it a unique take on the Shredder. And it works. He steals the Utroms first prototype suit, and then returns later in a fully armored suit with an army of Ninjas. We get the formation of the Foot Clan, and the explanation for Shredder's rantings about Feudal Japan when he had the Sword of Tengu.

As for the cliff-hanger. Well, we have the National Guard surrounding the TCRI building. And Baxter snuck in earlier, without anyone noticing. Baxter is now nothing more then a head with a spider-like walker. Too Mr. Freeze for me, but never mind. He disables the safties for the pods that the Turtles and Splinter are in. Turning the holographic record of Utrom History into a deadly simulation. Mikey plays the 'I finally realized it's a sim' card, and walks thru the Shredder. Right as everything becomes 'real' and the Shredder proceeds to kick his tail. Leaving us with a cliff hanger that Mikey's vital signs are critical.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Im going to have a hard time waking up to see this new episode after the two or three weeks of repeats. But from reading your post JJB, i dont think im too big on Shredder being an Utrom. I was sort of hoping that he was some sort of magically powered (well in terms of his long life) human. Oh well, maybe the opinion will change once the episode is viewed.

Beast
01-17-2004, 02:58 PM
I've known about it for a month or so. Shared it with JT, and decided to keep my yap shut and hope that the writing was good enough to pull it off. I'm pleased to say that I really really like this twist on the Shredder's origins. Things make sense now from the first season. Not just the decapitation. But Oroku Saki's bandaged torso when he removes the top of his kimono. And the fact he can weild the 'Sword of Tengu' without being injured by it. Unlike anyone else that tries. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-18-2004, 01:15 PM
After having seen it today, it does help fill up some holes regarding the Shredder. I guess my only complaint with the toon was how the Triceraton slid down the tube (for lack of better word) and landed in the sewer. Glad to see new episodes coming up though.

Beast
01-18-2004, 01:38 PM
The escaping Triceraton is Zog. Who is a classic Mirage character and escaped in a similar means in the original comics. Though since the stories have shifted around, his next appearances will be different then comic canon. Originally he helped the Turtles storm Shredder's hideout in the 'Return to New York' Comic Ark. But in the new series, he'll make his return in 'Rogue in the House'. Here's a quick bio. :)

Zog: The Triceraton
One of the three Triceratons that was transported to Earth by the TCRI Utroms (TMNT Vol. 1, #6 & 7). After escaping the destruction of the TCRI building, Zog fled to the sewers, where he lived for about a year. Deprived of his natural atmosphere, his brain decayed over this time, causing him to mistake Raphael for a superior Triceraton officer when he ran into him in the sewers. When the Turtles got together, Zog took orders from them and helped clear the way into the Foot’s Hudson Block complex, slaying countless Foot in the process. While the Turtles were elsewhere, Zog was attacked and slain by the three Shredder test-worm clones (TMNT Vol. 1, #19 & 20). During his year long stay in the sewers Zog had evidently begun construction of a Triceraton aircar that Donatello would later discover and complete, then remodel (TMNT Vol. 3, #2 & 10).
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-19-2004, 05:17 AM
Here's some decent pictures of the '11th Century Shredder' and the Rogue Utrom that we're all pretty sure is what Shredder really is. Note especially the Foot Symbol tattoo over his eye. We'll need it confirmed in one of the next two episodes. But I'm pretty sure we're right on this one. Here's also the concept art that I told you about. The pics are all from the TMNT forums I'm on. :)

If you can't read what's written next to it, here's the most important part:

"In his true identity, Shredder is an alien head without a body—therefore his armor is a different size & height than his "human" form. The "body" itself is a highly sophisticated exo-skeleton before adding the armor."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-19-2004, 09:58 AM
The pic with the Utrom Shredder (thats his real name, correct?) wearing the head gear reminds me of the Tyrannosaurus from Dino Riders. Thanks for clearing up what his "human" body consists of.

JediTricks
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
I couldn't agree more about Mikey being the kiddified comic relief now. In the earlier eps of season 1, Mikey's stuff was a little more toned down and also a little darker which fit the mood just right - now unfortunately he might as well be yelling "cowabunga" all the time and flinging pizzas everywhere.

Another thing that really bugged me (besides my previous comments about the turtles being drawn more cartoony cute) is how Splinter was drawn in this episode, he's now the most cartoony-cute one of all, walking around with a big friendly rat smile!

Anyway, the ep itself was pretty entertaining, although a little slow and I have a hard time buying that the Utroms wouldn't be able to quickly convince the military outside that things are not out of the ordinary.

Having Shredder basically be Krang was a little weird to actually see happening here, but it'll make some things a tad easier to accept about the character in the long haul.

I didn't notice that Foot symbol over the evil utrom's eye before, I noticed something was there, just not what it was.

Beast
01-20-2004, 06:36 PM
I couldn't agree more about Mikey being the kiddified comic relief now. In the earlier eps of season 1, Mikey's stuff was a little more toned down and also a little darker which fit the mood just right - now unfortunately he might as well be yelling "cowabunga" all the time and flinging pizzas everywhere.
Indeed. I'm not really bothered by it. But they need to pick a personality. Is he going to be the happy go lucky, funny, party guy. Or is he going to just be a complete idiot half the time. I mean, like the whole hologram thing. The first couple of times was funny. But it just got sad after a bit. I can understand they wanted to keep him trying to interact with the environment for the deal with the Shredder at the end. But less of the jokes before would have been good.

Another thing that really bugged me (besides my previous comments about the turtles being drawn more cartoony cute) is how Splinter was drawn in this episode, he's now the most cartoony-cute one of all, walking around with a big friendly rat smile!
I think the style on the turtles has mostly reverted to normal. And it seems rewatching season one it was all over the map also. But I agree on Splinter. I don't mind the ocassional smile. But he was always drawn way more serious then before. Even when he makes a joke, it's usually done stone faced. So now it seems out of place.

Anyway, the ep itself was pretty entertaining, although a little slow and I have a hard time buying that the Utroms wouldn't be able to quickly convince the military outside that things are not out of the ordinary.
Yeah, it was a bit slow. But that's to be expected. They're trying to do story first and action second. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. As for convincing the Military outside that things are ok, I'm not too sure. After all, the entire building glowed blue and a bright blue beam shot out of the top of it. And this is a post 9/11 New York City. As someone brought up elsewhere.

Having Shredder basically be Krang was a little weird to actually see happening here, but it'll make some things a tad easier to accept about the character in the long haul. I didn't notice that Foot symbol over the evil utrom's eye before, I noticed something was there, just not what it was.
Atleast the writing was good enough that it didn't come off totally terrible. I know we talked about this before, since I didn't wanna drop the bomb in the forums and let the episode speak for it's self. Most of the TMNT Forum fans liked it ok. But there's still a few that refuse to accept it, and are hoping it's a red herring. I don't think that's even possible now. It seems to be a sure thing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-20-2004, 10:07 PM
How hard could it be to have a building shoot lights into the sky these days though? Just come outside and say "TCRI is testing out some special effects we're making for a movie studio" and go back inside. ;) The way the news reporter overreacted, you'd think it was Kent Brockman witnessing an ant on the camera lens. :D

Showing the Shredder's origin this way works best, if they had shown him to be an Utrom any other way, it probably wouldn't have come off at all. And considering the more (relatively) realistic tone of the show, having Shredder be all kinds of bad the way he is yet still just be a regular dude wouldn't have worked. The whole "magic" thing seemed like the best way to go until this, but really that could still work on the "less inside" level since, as the ol' sci fi saying goes, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic (especially to a less advanced race). In other words, the word on the street is that Shredder has ninja magic, but in reality he's an Utrom using technology to fool the earthlings into thinkint he's got magic.

Beast
01-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Yep. You don't have to look any further then "Darkness on the Edge of Town" for that lesson. Where they're talking about the sword being magical. And Donny corrects them that it's actually just highly advanced technology. Laird said we'd get the origins of the Sword of Tengu in Season 2 also. So hopefully we'll see it in Part II of Secret Origins.

The Shredder Clones bring up a few questions. Unless Saki's skin for his bodysuit if actually from a real Saki that existed in the 11th Century. And he took the name, appearance, and well...flesh. And Saki needs to replace the flesh layer of the Bodysuit every so often. So keeps cloning the original Saki over and over again. But these were three mistakes that he decided to keep around? Eh, hope we get some real answers on that one. But so far it works.

The Teleporting Foot Elite Guards and Elemental Foot Mystics do bring up more questions. But the Elites could be less messed up versions of the Original 'Human' Saki that the Utrom took the name and appearance from. Using advanced tech or something to teleport. We'll see if they explain them. Since they're either dead, or missing in action permanently we really may never know. Same with the Elementals. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-22-2004, 11:39 PM
I could easily see Shredder clones being failed experiments to hybridize Utrom and Human together. Or maybe Shredder was just being weird and dressing regular ol' freaks that have nothing to do with him in Shredder costumes. :D

Beast
01-24-2004, 11:17 AM
The TMNT and Splinter have taken a little trip down the Utroms’ memory lane via a high-tech virtual reality device experiencing first hand the Utroms’ crash landing on Earth and their life in feudal Japan. The only problem is the reality is no longer virtual thanks to Baxter Stockman... or what’s left of him. Our heroes find that this computer generated dream world is much more like a horrific nightmare... with very little chance that they’ll make it out alive!
Well, it's part two of our big reveal episode about the Shredder. And probably one of my favorite episodes so far. I really like the character development and continuity in the new series. And this episode is no exception. Now, where to begin. Warning this post may ramble on some. As there's a lot covered in this episode.

When last week's episode ended, Baxter had just made the VR Sim reality. And Mikey was injured by the 'Shredder'. Leo, Donny, and Raph were able to turn the tide with bamboo weapons enough to escape from the Shredder and his foot. Meanwhile, outside the National Guard is continuing to try to break into the building. Finding that the shields for the building are impervious. And calling in bigger ammo.

And then we got to see the origins of the 'Sword of Tengu' from Season 1. Shredder had sword forgers take some of the strange Utrom metal from the wreckage and forge it into a blade. And then he plugged that into the hilt that we've seen on the Sword of Tengu. We also got an answer for why it's named Tengu, or Goblin. That the ninjas were supposedly decendants of goblins from the heavens, same as the sword's origins.

We also get introduced to the original Guardians, when the Turtles hear screaming later in the woods as well as the sounds of battle. They go to help, and end up fighting the Original Foot with a woman and 2 guardians. Of course instead of thanks, someone starts screaming about Goblins and Kappa. But they make contact with the Guardians, and arrange a meeting.

Meanwhile back in the real world, Fugitoid and Dr. Mortu are busy trying to get the turtles out of virtual reality. As Dr. Stockman continues his sabatoge of the building. And to make things worse, the National Guard just had a helicopter blow an opening in the building. So The Utroms are preparing to use the Transmat to return home. Baxter again, contacts his mysterious ally in going after the Utroms. Disengaging security for an underground entrance. He also gets a nasty shock from whoever he's working for, when he starts going off on his genius being responsable for his success.

Meanwhile in the virtual sim, the turtles get their meeting with Dr. Mortu. And explain all of what has been occuring. Mortu believes them and is willing to help them get free of the sim. And starts to tell them some of the info they have about the Shredder are incorrect. When suddenly the Shredder appears with his soldiers and a battle starts. Splinter plays Morpheus and explains since it's real enough for them, but all in their heads they can influence the Sim with strength of will.

Leo pulls the whammy just as Shred-head's about to kill Mortu in the sim. And steals the Sword of Tengu. And sends the VR Shredder to his doom over a cliff. Mortu offers to help, and supplies the turtles with the 'Blue Pill' to wake up from this simulation. Just as the turtles are leaving the sim, they try to get the info that Mortu was trying to tell them. But it's too late and their out.

Of course back in the real world during all of this, Baxter lets in the person he's working with. The Shredder, along with Hun, a couple Foot Elite Guards, and several foot soliders. And just as the TMNT and Splinter are finally safe everything hits the fan with Shredder's return. They can't believe he's alive, and Shredder offers that all they did was seperate his head from his body. Something he's willing to return. Can't wait for next week. Damn week of waiting.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-24-2004, 12:04 PM
This episode sounds like it shouldnt have a dull moment. Cant wait to see it Sun. morning. Did the Shredder bring in any disappearing foot soldiers? They seemed to be almost invincible when they first came out and since then have come off as chumps.

Beast
01-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I can't remember if there were foot tech ninjas in the group or not. I'm glad we saw Hun. I was worried that they were going do basically play that he died thanks to Baxter. But he was there with Shredder and Baxter. But he's not mentioned in any of the Season 2 synopsis. So I'm wondering if something is going to occur.

They also showed a preview for next week's episode. The building is going to implode in 10 minutes, because the Shredder tossed down a Utrom explosive device. And Shredder's willing to die, to make sure the turtles die as well. And we'll finally get the full reveal on the Shredder according to the promo. I hate cliffhangers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 03:14 AM
This was an interesting episode, but I got a little annoyed with how independent and intelligent this VR simulation became with just a few plugs pulled and swapped. Also, it seemed a little silly to do the "The Shredder's a..." 3 times, it got stale and unrealistic since Mortu could easily have finished the sentence each time. And finally, if these are secret originS, shouldn't we have the turtles' origins as well? All we've had are Shredder's origins and how the Utroms came to land on Earth (which are basically the same origin, especially when the Utroms don't fill in a lot of blanks about how the Shredder chose his name and armor). The dialogue could have used some better work too, I thought, and not just for Mikey who is usually carrying the brunt of that issue.

Who was that little boy with the old man and the girl that were under attack by the foot ninjas? He didn't say a word, but we got a lot of shots letting us know he exists for some unknown reason.

That Neo/Leo joke was cute and wasn't crammed down our throats.

Beast
01-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Yeah, the whole "The Shredder's a ..." 3 times was a bit of a pain. But they're trying to build tension. And other then those of us with access to all the facts, I wonder how many kids have figured out the Shredder/Utrom dealie yet. Atleast it's written well, because that's what I was worried about when I first learned about it.

As for the little boy with the old man and the girl? I wonder if he's some sort of ancestor of Hamato Yoshi's? After all, for some reason the Shredder assumed Yoshi had some connection to the Utroms. So, perhaps he assumed that Yoshi was a guardian and that his ancestors were there to join forces with the Guardians.

As for the turtles origins, we had them pretty much in start of Season 1. But after the 3-Parter we get an episode in North Hampton called Reflections. That has the turtles dealing with all they learned in the 3-parter, and about Shredder being behind their origins. So I'm sure we'll get some more flashbacks in that epside. The title and the synopsis for it made that clear. :)

35.) Reflections
Catching up on some much needed rest, our heroes take a little trip to Casey’s grandma’s farmhouse as well as a little trip down memory lane. But, every memory is haunted by the same dark figure - the Shredder. It seems that the Shredder is very much a part of their lives... perhaps too much so... and, oddest of all, maybe even a part of the Turtles’ very origin!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-01-2004, 11:05 AM
The Turtles and Splinter escape the Utroms' high-tech virtual reality device, only to find the Shredder and all his forces waiting for them. All shell breaks loose in yet another showdown between our heroes and the Shredder. But will the Turtles and Splinter escape before the entire TCRI building goes kablooey?
Well, well, well. Last week we left off with the Shredder revealing that he was still alive. And we start off with a pretty good battle between the Turtles, Splinter, Dr. Mortu, Shredder, Baxter, Foot Elite, and a couple Foot Soldiers. A real knock down drag out one. Baxter's blasting away at the Turtles, Fugitoid, and the Utroms with his Spider-body. And Shredder's comments about wanting revenge for a thousand years, make Splinter realize that this is the same Shredder from 11th Century Japan. Shredder orders Baxter to go secure the device. Baxter refuses at first, and Shredder gives him a jolt and he obeys. The Utroms and Guardians race out of the room to stop Baxter from taking control of the Transmat.

Meanwhile April and Casey look on worridly from the Battle Shell in the alley across the street. And they decide to get some answers. April disguises herself as a News reprorter. Using an old disguarded yellow Jumpsuit in the back of the battle shell. In other words, a nice wink at fans of the old toon, since she wore that blasted yellow jumpsuit all the time in that. And Casey plays Camera Man. They try to get answers from the General, but he's not talking and has them escorted out outside the barrier. The lil '9' pin on her uniform even turns upside down, and she has to go from Channel 9 to Channel 6.

Meanwhile inside the turtles get trapped in the Holo-Pod room by the Shredder, and it's filling up with gross sludge. Donny disovers the room is techno-organic. And they proceed to give it a massive belly ache and it vomits them up thru the floor above. And they head for the Transmat room to stop Shredder and his foot. In the Transmat room, the Shredder's ordering Baxter to prepare to send Fugitoid and the Utroms and Guardians into a Supernova or the Coldness vacuum of Space.

We finally learn why Baxter's been willing to help the Shredder, after what happened between them. He's got a control chip in his headpeice that forces him to do Shredder's bidding. Donny realizes this, and tells Fugitoid to pull a C-3PO. Imitating the Shredder, he stops Baxter from messing with the Transmat. And disables the device. Free of the Shredder's command, he leaps on him and proceeds to electrocute him with his Spider-Body. And then scrambles away, as the Shredder falls over appearantly dead. Hun picks him up and runs off with him.

As Shredder's being carried away, a device slips out of his hand and hits the ground. A techno-organic virus bomb that infects the entire TCRI building. And is going to cause it to implode in 10 minutes. The turtles realize that the need to warn the national guard who are in the building to get out. So April in her yellow jumpsuit tries to convince the General that terrorists are going to blow up the building. Casey dubs the Terrorists the 'Goongala Cowabunga's'. He doesn't believe her of course, and has her and Casey esorted away. Just as the Transmat beam activates again and sends another group of Utroms home. He calls his men out of the building, and one catches sight of Leatherhead moving thru the smoke.

We get a quick wink to the old fans as a pair of Utroms pop out of their bodies and walk across the floor to get on the Transmat. Utrom #1: (whiny) "I hate walking on my tentacles."Utrom #2: "Shut up, Krang!" They get beamed off, and all that's left is Mortu, the Council, and a couple Guardians. Mortu gives Splinter a gift. An orb that posesses part of the Utrom shared memories. Splinter learns that his master was one of the most loyal elite Guardians. And that he died to protect the Utroms whereabouts from The Shredder. We get closure on the mystery of Hamato Yoshi at last.

Dr. Mortu asks Donny to do the honor of returning them home. And he's doing that as The Shredder returns, without his minions. And gets incredibly ticked at seeing Mortu and the Lead Guardian getting beamed away. And starts another fight with the turtles. Not caring for his own safety, just wanting to destroy them for the trouble he's caused. Donny tells everyone to jam their weapons in his armor, and uses equipment to electrocute Saki. Who falls over, appearantly dead.

Suddenly the armor sections of his stomache start to retract. Revealing the red criminal Utrom from the holopods, minus his weird helmet. Mikey's the first one to recognize him, and the Shredder snaps at his finger. Of course they make fun of what he is, and Raph suggests just squishing him. Which ****es Saki off, and he leaps and clings to Raphael's head. Mikey offers another Alien refrence with "Get it off him, or little Shredder's are gonna burst out of his stomache." The timer is counting down though, and Splinter gets the Evil Oot off.

And Don reprograms the Transmat. And the Turtles and Splinter manage to beam away, using the Transmat device to escape the imploding TCRI building. Poor Utrom Shredder left to face his apperant doom as the building implodes. Of course we'll have to find out how he survives this one later in the season. The turtles end up appearing out of the Transmat Beam above the Battle Shell. Landing hard, they finally get a moment of peace, before being reunited with April and Casey. And we get one final 'News Reporter April' wink, with "So, you a news reporter now?" April: "Maybe in another life."

All and all, a great episode. And I really like the twist on the Shredder. I know a lot of people were worried about it. But I think it comes off pretty well. Next week was supposed to be 'Reflections' that deals with the turtles having a breather and more about the Shredder in their past. But it's been moved to later in the Schedule and we're getting 'The Ultimate Ninja' instead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
02-01-2004, 02:29 PM
I seen Leatherheads outline and hope he pops up soon in the toon. I liked this episode for the most part, it didnt have a boring segment and Mikey kept his mouth shut. The fighting was better than usual too. Unfortunately, now Hun comes off as being a big incompetent ogre instead of the strong brute he originally appeared as. Is the Ultimate Ninja a new episode? I would hate to have to sit thru a couple more repeats these coming Sundays.

Beast
02-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Nope, Ultimate Ninja is all new. :)

36.) The Ultimate Ninja
There’s a bad dude in town and he’s looking to pick a fight. This Ultimate Ninja has come halfway across the inter-dimensional universe to battle the Shredder, defeat him and gain glory. The only problem is that someone has already defeated the Shredder... our guys with Leonardo delivering the coup de tete (literally, back in Episode 23). So now, the Ultimate Ninja has Leonardo in his sights, and this glory-seeking traveler isn’t going home without a trophy... namely the head of our young teenage mutant hero!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-02-2004, 12:18 AM
While the ep was pretty good, the art was the worst yet I think. I found it distractingly sloppy, which is too bad because some of the battle sequences could have had some really incredible art instead of a lot of offscreen action and flash screens to cover up major action.

JJB, I'm surprised you didn't mention Leo throwing Splinter a katana, that was pretty cool.

Beast
02-02-2004, 12:23 AM
I had a massive case of cold medicine headache. So I'm lucky I was able to put together even a half coherant synopsis of the episode. But yes, Leo throwing Splints the Katana was sweet. I love how ticked off the Mirage purists were on the TMNT board I am about the News Reporter April and Krang homages/winks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Krang was great, they even parodied his crazy cartoon voice. :D That bit leads to a question though, why did the Utroms have to get out of their suits to use the transmat?

BTW, spotted a vintage Fugitoid figure last week at a collectors show, except for the colors, this thing is nearly identical to the character on the show, that was really weird to see.

Beast
02-02-2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah, Krang was a brilliant little wink. It was nice to see, after Laird had so many issues with not ever having anything from the old toon in the new one. So maybe he's relaxed a bit about that. As for the suit issue? Well, judging by the flashback they typically just flew around on their little platforms. So it's probably very unnatural for them to have something like the body suits. Look at Search for Splinter pt. 2. The one Utrom complains about hating being in the suits. Since they wouldn't need them back home, no since bringing them. Especially when they likely have a more high tech means of convience on their home planet after 1,000 years. :)

Yeah, the Vintage Fugitoid is pretty cool. He's a lot taller and a bit more C-3PO'ish in design then the actual classic comic and new toon version. Can't wait for the new figure. Though I'm really hoping they give him something cool, like light up eyes/mouth. A couple button cell batteries in the chest couldn't be that hard to do. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-07-2004, 10:37 AM
36.) The Ultimate Ninja
A top a rooftop, a surge of electricity manifests into a strange masked ninja. Who appears to be seeking Leonardo, and using water to form a screen starts tracking him thru the city. As for our green teens, seems things have sort of returned to normal after Secret Origins. Other then the fact that April is living in the lair, and her panty hose are starting to become a pain in the shell. Leonardo after finding one of her hose in his rinse glass for brushing his teeth tries to speak to Splinter about April needing to find a new place to live. Of course, that's until April decides to show up with a brush for Splinter. And they talk about how great his fur is now thanks to the shampoo and conditioner that April suggested he use. So now Leo doesn't feel he can speak out against April, and holds his tongue.

It's movie night in the lair, and Casey's dropped by and they're watching 'El Gato', a western where a cocky young gunslinger challenges an old great for to make a name for himself, and dies for his ideals. Afterwards, the TMNT, Splinter, April and Casey decide to go out for ice cream. Where the Intergalactic Ninja tosses a throwing knife at Leonardo from the shadows, which is caught. Walking out of the shadows he reveals that he has come to this dimension, to face Oroku Saki. But finding that he had been defeated by Leonardo, he instead calls for an Ultimate Challenge with Leo. Raphael and others protest, as the Ninja encases them all in a bubble formed from water, and summons a referee.

The Ref explains that according to the rules of the challenge, Leonardo must face the Ninja in single combat, or he forefits the lives of his Master, Brothers, April and Casey. And if he looses, he forefits his own. Everyone protests, but Splinter silences them and explains a few things. Oddly enough, Splinter is recognized by both the Ultimate Ninja and the Referee, and Splinter explains to his sons that Leo must make the choice. Splinter demands the right for 'Total Observence', which is granted as the Ultimate Ninja and Leonardo are removed to do battle. While everyone watches on a screen formed out of water. The battle takes place across New York, both in Central Park and the Brooklyn Bride. The wanna-be Ultimate Ninja, also appears to not worry about fighting with honor.

On the Brooklyn Bridge, the UN gets the upper hand and Splinter asks for the right to attend. The referee grants it and the group is transported to the Bridge, where Leo is getting the upper hand again. Until he gets knocked off the edge, and falls. Luckily he'd grabbed the U.N.s. clawed gauntlet, and uses that to stop his fall and climb back up. Reaching the top the battle continues and Leonardo manages to disarm the ninja and retrieve his swords. And defeats him, pining him to the ground by crossing his blades across his throat. Leo bows to the ninja, and tells him he did a good job, and just needs more practice. Pulling out the blades he tosses them asside, and has a reunion with his family. In which Splinter hugs him and tells him he's proud of him. Definatly an 'Awwww' inducing moment.

Of course, it seems the ninja doesn't want to loose this way. And uses some green powder to summon a giant dragon that is preparing to kill everyone. But is suddenly cut in half from behind. Standing there over over the kneeled ninja is a gigantic ninja wearing a golden mask. Who proceeds to explain what is going on. He is the lord of a race that visited Earth a long time ago. And was mistaken for Goblins, or Tengu. And gifted the people they met with the arts of Ninjitsu. And that his son has dishonored himself, by admitting defeat and then attempting to cheat. He also recognizes Splinter, respecting him by calling him Splinter-San and tells him that he's trained his son well. And departs with the ref and his son in tow.

Finally Raphael calls Splinter out for an explaination, and he continues to be mysterious. Telling them that they will learn everything when the time is right. Setting things up for the Season Finale episodes, "The Big Brawl". All in all a pretty good episode, but I can't wait for next week and "Reflections" when we get a bit more insight on the Shredder and his minions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-14-2004, 03:45 PM
35.) Reflections
This is going to be a very very short lil review of what happened in the episode. Since I'm not feeling well, and it was just a bloody 'Remember when' episode. Note of warning, I'll rant about that a few more times during this. :)

Well, I can definatly see why they moved this episode til after 'Ultimate Ninja'. Since it would be odd to have a 'flashback' to something that just happened last episode. All in all, not much I can say about the episode. It mostly was just a major recap of all the big Shredder battles.

The new stuff was great. The training session with Splinter and Mikey's GameGuy. And Mikey's impression of 'Darth Vader' was a riot. But for god sake, I hate clip shows. I know it's good sometimes to recap things that happened before. But it just seems like they had an empty slot that they needed to fill with something, and they decided to throw together a clip show. It didn't even really do anything to advance the plot. Other then Donny's lil 'Without Shredder, we wouldn't even be who we are' deal. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I was in training for waking up this morning at 6am (ugh) to help with Toy Fair coverage, so I still haven't seen the tape I made with it, and now knowing it's a clip show makes me want to not watch it at all. :p

JediTricks
02-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, I watched it but fast-forwarded through the clip parts. The art for the new parts was awful, especially in comparison to the season 1 clips. This ep was a heaping helping of disappointment.

kool-aid killer
02-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, i woke up about half way thru this "episode" but after having watched it felt like i was robbed of at least 15 more minutes of sleep. Nothing special about this one, maybe next Sundays will be worth the wake.

Beast
02-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Release dates are up for 2 DVDs from Season 2, according to Deep Discount DVD. No word on exactly what episodes will be included on the sets. Since the Turtles in Space arc is 5 episodes. And Secret origins is 3.

Sadly enough, it's impossible for them to get 8 releases out of Season 2. Because of the numerous multi-parter episodes. So I'm not sure how their spine pictures are going to work out.

But here's the listings, and the possible episodes.

TMNT - Volume 9: Turtles In Space -(5/04/04)

TMNT - Volume 10: Secret Origins - (6/08/04)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Ugh, NASCAR is back on Fox so my chances of seeing new TMNT eps have just dropped significantly. Come on people! It's driving in a circle for 3 hours, can't you cut in at 11am PST instead of boring the crap out of little kids and fans who want to watch cartoons and making west-coast NASCAR fiends wake up early on their Saturdays?!?

James Boba Fettfield
02-20-2004, 05:21 PM
JT, I'm confused about your post. Winston Cup...I mean Nextel Cup races shown on Fox air on Sundays. The Saturday races are the Busch Series, and I don't think Fox usually airs those, I think FX handles that. Or do they show Ninja Turtles on Sundays in your area? I think someone here mentioned that happening with their local broadcast schedule.

JediTricks
02-21-2004, 03:37 AM
Sundays, really? That's good news, TMNT is on Saturdays here, but at 10:30am, it's often in danger of being pre-empted by Fox sports coverage. They had a recent ad for NASCAR and I thought they said it was this Sat, but there is no race tomorrow.

kool-aid killer
02-21-2004, 12:30 PM
TMNT airs on Sunday on my local FOX channel. I will be very upset if Nascar bumps them off their slot (9:30 Central Time) and i couldnt describe that "sport" any better than JT did. Those who see it on Saturday, did a new episode air today?

James Boba Fettfield
02-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I think at 9:30 you'll be safe, kool aid.

. . . and it's more than driving in a circle. :)

JediTricks
02-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry, I forgot about the part where they drive straight, then they turn left, then go straight again. :D I won't get into the part where the little flag comes out and they all slow down, or the part where they stop all together for a few seconds. ;)

Anyway, yesterday's was a new ep, it was a sequel to the Nanotech robot episode, pretty much a rehash of that first episode I felt. I expected a lot more actual story than what we got, but at least Mikey's lines were better than usual and his antics weren't as annoying.

kool-aid killer
03-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Anybody catch last weeks episode? I liked it alot, though Stockman comes off as being a more formidable opponent than the Shreddar has been. I liked how the robot Turtle slapped them around for a short amount of time, but was bummed by his quick defeat. I was (and still am) hoping he appears later in the season and becomes a regular foe for them.

Beast
03-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it was a great episode. I just have been in a mental funk about writing long detailed synopsis. It's actually my favorite episode of Season 2. Mikey wasn't a complete idiot, which is good. And I loved the 'New' Leatherhead. His personality really reminds me of Beast. What with the whole dignified intelligent well spoken individual. Mix that with The Lizard from Spider-Man, and you have Leatherhead. :)

Stockman's reveal was great as well. I had long theorized he'd end up with a Utrom Exoskeleton. Since the 'Way of Ivisability' episode had a tease of Baxter's reflection lining up with the stomache cavity of the body suit. The turtebot was great also, nice to see that the didn't leave him as video game only. Maybe we'll see the Foot Gunner and Giant Mouser also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
I liked it, and also felt Mikey was used better than most episodes this season. The big battle did feel too quick though, I was fully expecting this one to be a 2-parter, but instead it went for a quick ending which I wasn't really that satisfied by. Kinda sick of them setting up the Turtle Sub though, the toy is already in stores and not all that great looking.

JediTricks
03-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Gah! Fox Box changed the timeslot and I missed it! Waaaah! :cry:

Beast
03-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Doh. I should have posted a warning about it. Sorry JT. Oh well, the series will be starting to run daily in April on CN. So you'll see it sooner or later. It was a good episode, they were able to cure the mutants from the Underground City. And we found out Quarry's real name is Sydney. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, i noticed last week that they mentioned something about it so i had to wake up at 8:30 to watch today. It was hard waking up. I thought the episode was so and so. I wish they would have went into more detail about the "people" that were trapped (in the same thing the pale guy from when they first went into the Underground city was in) and why they were there. Im glad they went back to the city though and tied up that end, now im hoping they do the same someday to their gladiator friends.

JediTricks
03-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Is it just me, or did they change the art yet again? The action felt different from ever before and the lines and colors seemed that way too.

As for the ep itself, it was good, but not all that much plot to talk about really, it was filling the gaps between parts 1 and 3.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Doh. I should have posted a warning about it. Sorry JT. Oh well, the series will be starting to run daily in April on CN. So you'll see it sooner or later. It was a good episode, they were able to cure the mutants from the Underground City. And we found out Quarry's real name is Sydney. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
According to the official TMNT site, Cartoon Network will be airing the first forty episodes beginning April 19!

JediTricks
04-04-2004, 07:34 PM
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN 2 WEEKS AGO'S EPS...

Nobody is talking about last weeks' episode??? You know, the one where the Shredder's protege reveals to the audience that the evil Utrom still ain't dead. Ok, what the heck? That was awfully fast from his supposed demise to this reveal, I feel a little cheated.

As for yesterday's ep, it stunk, maybe worse than the clip show even.

kool-aid killer
04-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Anybody watch this cartoon anymore? If so, what do you all think of the last couple of episodes? I liked seeing Zog throw everybody around like they were rag dolls. Hopefully he didnt die and we see him return later. Anybody know if we will be getting another villan (who can last more than an episode or two, perhaps for a whole season) because im growing weary of Shredder appearing to die, only to see him pop up a couple of episodes later.

JediTricks
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm still watching, but just barely. Zog was fun, but pretty much everything else, from the Turtles to Shredder to Shredderette (uh, forgot her name) pretty much left me cold. The art is much worse than season 1 and the action scenes have no life or inspiration left in 'em. And as you correctly pointed out, between the repeated rebirth of the Shredder to the crappy villains of the non-Shredder episodes, there doesn't seem to be much life left in this series.

Beast
05-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, the series has been renewed for Season 3. Episode Synopsis will be up in the next few weeks. But the renew announcement did drop a few points on what's to come. :)

Season 3 features an intergalactic space war comes to the Turtles’ part of the galaxy when the Triceratons decide to invade the Earth. If the green team supreme can survive alien combat on their home planet, they still must face time-traveling wizards, mind-controlling monsters, genetically enhanced bounty hunters, the surprise return of one of their most deadly enemies and the final fate of the Shredder.
http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=cat&category1=Television&newsitem_no=11116

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
05-30-2004, 02:43 PM
I havent watched this cartoon in the past three weeks, has it even been airing new episodes? I was/am tired of Shredder appearing every couple of episodes only to disappear and the poor secondary villains that fill in while he is gone. I might as well get in a few extra hours of sleep as opposed to watching the same old story over and over. Hopefully season 3 will renew my interest.

Beast
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Since these just went up on the official site, I figured I'd take a chance to remind those that enjoy the show that new episodes begin tommorow morning on the Fox Box. And that after the last three episodes from Season 2 air, Season 3 will start on the following week. :)

EPISODE 53- "The Christmas Aliens"

It's Christmas time in the city. A number of guests have been invited to the lair for a big holiday feast. But, where's Michelangelo? Well, he's out playing Santa Claus... a butt-kicking, hard-driving Santa who's trying to save a truckload of toys destined for an orphanage from the hands of some bloodthirsty thieves. The only problem is, who's going to save Mikey from the bloodthirsty thieves?
(NOTE TO ALL TURTLE-HEADS: This episode will air during the holiday season and will not lead off season three).

EPISODE 54-"Space Invaders" Part One

Guess who's comin' to Earth? Well, I'll give you a hint: they're big, they're bad, and they've got three horns on their heads! And they've come to Earth looking for a certain robotic fugitive! Unfortunately, no one on Earth knows what the heck the big horn heads are talking about! Meanwhile, the boys must save their captured friends from the possibility of a mind-destroying alien brain-scan! Overall, things aren't looking too promising for our hapless heroes... or the human race!

EPISODE 55- "Space Invaders" Part Two

The Turtles have managed to save some innocent bystanders, but it's cost them one of their own! As ruthless Prime Leader Zanramon prepares to interrogate his new Turtle prisoner with the fearsome mind-ripping alien brain scanner, the remaining brothers have to find a way to infiltrate the Triceraton Homeworld and mount a daring outer-space rescue mission. Can you say "impossible task"?

EPISODE 56- "Space Invaders" Part Three

Searching for their captured brother, the Turtles sneak their way into Republic Central, the hub of the Triceraton Homeworld... and run into some unexpected allies! The Triceratons, meanwhile, have set a new ultimatum to the people of Earth: deliver the Fugitoid in one hour or the entire island of Manhattan will be ripped free from the planet and taken apart bit by bit. Will our heroes bust their brother out? And if they do, will there be a home left for them to return to?

EPISODE 57- "Worlds Collide" Part One

Our out-of-this-world heroes return from their spacefaring adventure only to find another intergalactic visitor awaiting their return. And he's unwittingly brought trouble along with him! Normally the Turtles would be happy to see him, but this time... well, his timing stinks! Now, before the exiting Triceratons' realize who's come back, the Turtles must play "hide-the-space-guest", and it promises to be a very deadly game.

EPISODE 58- "Worlds Collide" Part Two

Just when our four Turtles thought they had fooled the Triceratons and disguised their surprise space guest, they find themselves captives of the sinister Agent Bishop, who has his own mysterious agenda. Meanwhile, with his sons missing, Master Splinter quickly assembles what allies he can gather into a makeshift commando rescue squad! It's time to kick butt... Splinter style!

EPISODE 59- "Worlds Collide" Part Three

At a secret government military base, the Turtles and company learn that
there's more to Agent Bishop than meets the eye. To make matters worse, it seems that Bishop has allied himself with another major player in intergalactic affairs. Amidst space battles, computer viruses and a major rebellion, the Turtles just may have found a way to put and end to these crazy star wars. There is, however, a terrible price to pay...!

EPISODE 60- "Touch and Go"

The Turtles find that adjusting to their post-invasion lives might be harder than they thought. They've a new houseguest to contend with, the city is a shambles, strewn with dangerous debris and arms from various alien battles, and a deadly arch enemy has found his way back to the Big Apple, intent on gathering up as much of the wrecked alien technology as possible. To make sure our green heroes don't compromise his new NYC operations, a pair of super-powered hitmen has been hired to take care of the "Turtle problem" once and for all.

EPISODE 61- "Hunted"

There's a world-renowned big game trophy hunter stalking the New York City sewers, and he's got his sights set on one of the Turtles pals. Can the turtles get their large and scaly friend to safety before they become prey as well? Not if the ol' Turtle luck runs true to form!

EPISODE 62- "H.A.T.E."

Our heroes return to Casey's grandmother's farmhouse for some much needed R&R... which is quickly cut short by two surprise encounters: 1) Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael come across a band of crazed, heavily armed, bomb-making, alien-hating survivalists, and 2) Casey's Mom pays an unexpected visit to the farmhouse. It's a toss-up as to which is the more perilous encounter!

EPISODE 63- "Nobody's Fool"

When Michelangelo and Leonardo are out getting a little night air, they cross paths with a caped crusader who ends up saving their lives. By way of saying "thanks," Leo and Mikey decide to aid the dark avenger on his mission. Okay, well, actually, Mikey decides... you know how he gets around super heroes...!

EPISODE 64- "The New Guard"

While attempting to stop an alien technology salvage operation being conducted by one of their enemies, the Turtles soon find themselves facing off against three brand new (yet strangely familiar-looking) powerful mechanoid warriors!

EPISODE 65- "The Lesson"

When April asks the Turtles to help her perfect her ninjitsu skills (she's been training with Master Splinter), the Turtles are reluctant to do so. When April insists on a reason, they recount a story of how once, when they were just turtle-tots themselves, they tried to take a "student" under their wing. Sometimes the wrong teacher can be worse than no teacher at all!

EPISODE 66- "The Darkness Within"

When Angel's brother disappears in the Wall Street area, the Turtles jump to help her. Turns out that as a result of all the destruction from the invasion, an ancient evil has once again been stirred -- a nightmare creature that lures its prey with promises of great wealth and power. How can Ninja Turtles battle an immortal horror... especially when it gets inside your mind and destroys from within?

EPISODE 67-"Mission of Gravity"

As a byproduct of the Triceraton Invasion, the city of Beijing still houses a powerful Triceraton Antigravity Generator. Now, some very bad characters want that generator... no matter what the cost. Oh, did I mention that the city is floating high above the Earth in geosynchronous orbit, and that removing said generator will probably send it crashing back down to terra firma? If removing the generator means destroying the city... well, that's the Turtles' problem.

EPISODE 68- "The Entity Below"

The Entity and his kind are awakened through a rare planetary alignment that reenergizes their subterranean Crystal Moon. Now the Turtles have an opportunity to finally learn the truth about the underground world... provided they can stay alive long enough to hear it!

EPISODE 69- "Time Travails"

The Turtles get sucked into a time travel misadventure when the ditzy Apprentice Timestress known as Renet "borrows" the Time Sceptre from her boss, Lord Simultaneous. Renet accidentally transports them all into the past, where they must fight to escape the clutches of an evil sorcerer and his mysterious familiar... someone we've met before...

EPISODE 70- "Hun on the Run"

Hun is on a mission -- a matter of life and death! He must save a hated rival from the clutches of a common enemy. But another party seeks to avenge himself on Hun by adding the Turtles into the mix, thereby sabotaging the mission so that Hun won't make it back alive. Do the Turtles really need this headache?

EPISODE 71-"Reality Check"

A dreaded enemy from another dimension makes a surprising return, sending our four heroes spinning in different directions across multidimensional time and space! Separated from his family and his world, in what should be his superhero dream come true -- but which turns out to be a nightmare -- how the shell will Michelangeo ever make it back home?

EPISODE 72-"Across the Universe"

A dreaded enemy from another dimension makes a surprising return, sending our four heroes spinning in different directions across multidimensional time and space! Separated from his family and his world, forced by circumstance to become a wild and crazy Planet Racer, how the shell will Raphael ever make it back home?

EPISODE 73- "Same As It Never Was"

A dreaded enemy from another dimension makes a surprising return, sending our four heroes spinning in different directions across multidimensional time and space! Separated from his family and his world, trapped in a grim, dystopian alternate reality, how the shell will Donatello ever make it back home?

EPISODE 74- "The Real World" Part One

A dreaded enemy from another dimension makes a surprising return, sending our four heroes spinning in different directions across multidimensional time and space! Separated from his family and his world, lost and surrounded by enemies in a realm which under different circumstances he could gladly call home, how the shell will Leo ever make it back home?

EPISODE 75- "The Real World" Part Two

Leonardo and a familiar ally arrive in the Battle Nexus hoping that perhaps the honorable Daimyo can help reunite him with his family. But not only does the Daimyo refuse to aid Leo, he has him imprisoned! It looks as if all hope is lost!

EPISODE 76-"Bishop's Gambit"

Bad boy Bishop is back and making his move. His research demands a mutated specimen with DNA closer to human DNA than the samples he extracted from our four green heroes. A mutated RAT would fit the bill perfectly! With it, he can finally create his genetically enhanced super soldiers. Can the Turtles stop Bishop before he succeeds and destroys Master Splinter in the process?

EPISODE 77- "Exodus" Part One

Master Splinter receives a disturbing vision... a vision of his Master Yoshi... and with it an urgent mission. Oroku Saki is up to something... and he MUST BE STOPPED! Time is of the essence. With his sons at his side, they will find a way stop the Shredder once and for all... or die trying!

EPISODE 78- "Exodus" Part Two

This is it! This is the episode that tells once and for all the final fate of Oroku Saki, the Shredder! It's all-out kick-butt ninja action to the extreme! Boy, are you guys gonna be ****ed if, due to scheduling decisions beyond our control, it doesn't air until next season!

El Chuxter
09-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Man, with all the Mirage-esque stories, I wonder why they can't find space for a time-travelling tale of Savanti Romero.