PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza is back

EricRG
02-08-2003, 07:08 PM
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1469847/20030207/audioslave.jhtml?headlines=true

Woohoo! :D More Jane's Addiction. This tour will be in support of their *NEW* album which should be released this Spring. Can't wait.

Anyone think Audioslave is any good?

2-1B
02-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Cool, will Perry Farell be continuing in his ways of severe mood swings and crying in intervals? :)

Emperor Howdy
02-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by EricRG
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1469847/20030207/audioslave.jhtml?headlines=true

Woohoo! :D More Jane's Addiction. This tour will be in support of their *NEW* album which should be released this Spring. Can't wait.

Yep, I heard that today, actually. A buddy of mine is going solely for Jane's and Audioslave.

Anyone think Audioslave is any good?

Uh-oh. :stupid: There's the part of me that loves Cornell and would never rag any of his projects. Hell, I even saw his solo tour 3 times. But then there's reality. :( An under-produced vocal sound fronting Rage music? I mean, the "thought" is cool, but....:(

What I mean is...it's cool, yet.......well..... :(

Wait...not that it's not cool...its just that I.....I :(

I gotta go.

EricRG
02-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Perry (and the rest of the band) have actually cleaned up as far as their "substance usage" habits. The original bassist, Eric Avery, is no longer in the band. He last turned up touring with Alanis Morrisette.:confused: Perry and Dave have reconciled their past issues and everybody seems to be real happy on stage (I saw them here in San Diego in October 2002.) Perry also has two children now. I think he's been forced to mature quite a bit.

The new album is tentatively titled "Hypersonic", although they don't have a record deal yet (rumor has it that they will sign with good old Geffen). They also haven't officially named a permanent bassist, although David J (ex of Bauhaus, Love & Rockets) played on the album and even got songwriting credits for one of the songs that is supposed to be on the album.

The Jane's boys love San Diego, so hopefully they'll make a stop here. (Actually, they're playing here TONIGHT in a small theatre, but alas, tickets were a(nother) Ticketbast**d nightmare).:frus:

dr_evazan22
02-08-2003, 10:42 PM
My brother and I are going to see Audioslave in March in Philly.

He'll be happy to hear about the tour... He's loved Jane's Addiction since they started.

Fulit
02-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Haven't heard audioslave, but I've been wanting to. I don't have any mpeg downloader or any crap like that, does anyone have a wav they could send me? :(

Kidhuman
02-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Sweet a new Janes Addiction album. I can't wait for that. I hope it is as good as Nothings Shocking.

Tycho
02-10-2003, 11:12 PM
When Metallica, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizcuit are all playing together in one mega-rock tour, who'd want to see this Lolla-Flopooza stuff?!! :confused:

EricRG
02-11-2003, 12:23 AM
I don't see why you needed to post that, Tycho, but since you asked:

Linkin Park and Limp Biscuit are HORRIBLE, and Metallica hasn't written a decent tune since Sandman, IMHO. I'd rather see WWE wrestling than that tour. But that's just me!

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU DIG IT?

Tycho
02-11-2003, 12:47 AM
It's all a matter of taste. I'm not claiming that I have any, but it's important to rock out to whatever it is you like! :D

"Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin! Distributor of pain, your loss becomes my gain!"

Exhaust Port
02-11-2003, 10:21 AM
"Anger. Misery. You'll suffer unto me."

Rock on Tycho!