PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi

Old Fossil
02-08-2003, 10:45 PM
I think I'm the only collector in the entire state of Mississippi to frequent SSG, so I feel it my duty to report my findings, if for no other reason so's I can contribute something to the 'Just Found' forum.

I live in Laurel and visit its WM once every day, usually, since it's on my way to work. Today I found:

N O T H I N G

Or, rather, pegs overflowing with old Cantina sets and Deluxe Saga junk and the same 3 boxes of Trash Compactor scenes they've had for about a month now. There were no new figures to speak of.

Old Fossil
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Went by Wally World today, and found

N O T H I N G

again. Lots of Jango Fett KE, which seeing the news of the reissue today gives me great hope that my WM will soon have BOTH the new and old releases, so I'll have a wide selection for this figure, which I already have.

Still no TIE Bombers, either. None on the risers. May go to Jackson this Friday and see what there is to see.:Pirate:

Old Fossil
02-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Nothing new on the shelves today at Laurel WM. A bit disappointing. No new LotR figures, either. But that is all right, I suppose. Gives me something to look forward to.

I DID win a MOMC AT-AT Driver on EBay, for a dollar! The seller is giving me some flack about how she thought "Buy It Now" was the same as "Reserve Price," but since I won it legitimately (and without Buy It Now) she is grudgingly going ahead with the sale. I guess next time she'll start her opening bid at more than $1, if she has a minimum profit she expects to gain!

So that's something. That'll make 5 AT-AT Drivers for my 2 Imperial walkers.

Old Fossil
02-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Today was better!

Found a lone Clone Trooper Pilot at the KayBee in the Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg. The WM on Hwy. 98 West had about fourteen (14) TIE Bombers. I didn't buy one, since I got the POTJ version, but the "dirty" paint deco on the Saga Bomber is really cool and tempts me to add another Bomber to my fleet. They also had a tonne of 12" Saga figs, mainly the Zam/SBD/Dooku wave, but not much else.

The WM on Hwy. 49 had the Slave I for $13 and the Jedi Starfighter for $11. Passed on both. Also had many 12" figures.

Won't be going to Jackson tomorrow. Probably just as well. :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
09-05-2003, 11:00 PM
HUGE score at the Meridian TRU today, so I had to revive this decaying thread...

Got 5 Saga Snowtroopers, 1 TR Vader (to keep carded), and a Clone Wars Command Gunship (leaving 3 on the shelf, plus several of the earlier regular Saga Gunships). They also had the 12" Lando Skiff wave, but I passed on that. Also on the pegs were several Hoth Hans, Mynock Hunt Chewie's, and many Jedi Lukes and TR Vaders. I left no Snowtroopers, though.

No Clone Trooper multi-packs, but they did have 3 Destroyer Droid launchers, which I also passed on. There were also several Carkoon Fetts, but I had already got one earlier in the day at the Meridian Wal-Mart, so I passed on that as well.

The KayBee at the Bonita Lakes Mall had several 12" Gammorreans and a couple of Saga TIE Fighters, but none of that interested me.

SO, as of today, I am caught up, and very, very happy! :) :) :)

Old Fossil
09-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Status report:

Laurel, MS Wal-Mart:

Currently on the pegs:
2 Saga Tusken Raiders (TCA)
2 Padme's (Droid Factory)
1 Red Battle Droid
2 Library Droids
numerous Anakin OPD and Plo Koon
9-10 Cantina sets in the clearance aisle, still regularly priced

Waynesboro, MS Wal-Mart:
1 Anakin OPD
dozens of 12" Zams, Dookus, SBDs, Obi's, Anakins

Neither store has the Clone Wars Value Packs.

Meridian, MS Geoffrey's (TRU) (as of 1 week ago):

I bought the last 12" Lando Skiff. There were many 12" Han's, AT-ST Drivers, and Mace Windu en masse. I left the only Jedi Council I Saga Screen scene on the shelf, and some guy came by and took it while I was still browsing. There are still several Clone Wars and Saga Gunships. No Destroyer Droid launchers or Clone Trooper multipacks left. Most of the Saga gold card wave left is made up of C-3PO's on damaged cards and one or two Jedi Lukes; there was 1 Hoth Han and 1 Carkoon Fett. There were two Clone Trooper Pilots, and I bought them along with the 12" Lando.

Meridian, MS Kaybee (Bonita Lakes Mall) (again, a week ago):
Tons of old Saga stock. 1-2 12" Gamorreans. 1-2 Saga TIE Fighters. No Clone Wars stock of any kind.

Meridian, MS Wal-Mart:
2 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt
1 Clone Trooper (red Saga)

Nothing else. This store seems to receive a case every 2-4 weeks, more often than my Laurel store.