PDA

View Full Version : lord of the rings: two towers

kool-aid killer
02-09-2003, 01:54 PM
i just bought it yesterday and am having trouble on the level after you beat Lurtz. I can get up to the cave troll that throws things at you but i cant seem to beat him. Ive tried hitting him from behind but he always turns around and clobbers me. There is not enough room to run around and fight him like the one in the mines of moria and i even tried to get him to beat on some type of gate to see if he could break it down but no luck there. Any tips would be helpful.

12inch Lando
02-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Dodge the throw, slice and dice, dodge the throw, slice and dice. That's pretty much it. I had trouble at first too. You can't try to run too far away from the guy or your dead meat. Stay relatively close. Don't use your arrows or axes either.

Dar' Argol
02-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Make sure you are using the triangle attack(default). That is the only one that really damages him. You can sometimes pull a combo off, but most timesyou get clobbered right after it.

12inch Lando
02-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Well Dar'Argol... He never clarified which system he was playing. I have the XBOX version. You have the PS2 version. Which one do you have k-a k? Not that it really matters that much.

Dar' Argol
02-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Well Dar'Argol... He never clarified which system he was playing. I have the XBOX version. You have the PS2 version. Which one do you have k-a k? Not that it really matters that much.

You know, that's true. I never thought of that till just now. Opps . . .he he he. Either way, I think that LOTR: TTT is the best game so far out of the LOTR series.

Kool-Aid, its you Fierce attack, or strong, or mighty, or whatever the heck they are calling it:crazed:

kool-aid killer
02-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the help 12inch Lando and Dar Argol. I havent been able to play since i posted but i will try it tonight. I probably should have mentioned that ive got a gamecube. Any suggestions on who i should use for that level or does it really not matter?

12inch Lando
02-12-2003, 08:09 AM
...what's a gamecube...:stupid:

kool-aid killer
02-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Poor gamecube, i think im the only person i know who likes it. but ive always been a fan of nintendo things except for that red tripod thing they made who knows how many years ago.

Lord Malakite
02-13-2003, 08:45 PM
You aren't the only person to like the GCN kool-aid.

QLD
02-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I love my Gamecube.

12inch Lando
02-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Yeah, I love my Gamecube.

...and BOTH games you own for it.

...ok I think you own 3 games but "BOTH" fit in better with my point which is that although I own every major system out right now (XBOX, Game Cube and PS2) and XBOX games get first crack at my wallet. PS2 and Game Cube are in sort of a tie. I guess I own PS2 for Rockstar and Squaresoft and The Cube for Nintendo games... Mario Sunshine sucked up a few weeks of my life and the Rogue Squadron game. I have these and 2 others and that's it. I made my purchase at midnight on release day.

QLD
02-14-2003, 06:38 PM
I have Animal Crossing, Rogue Squadron, Super Monkey Ball, and Mario Sunshine. Soon I will have Metroid.

:D

12inch Lando
02-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah but you won't even play Rogue squadron, Mario Sunshine, or Super Monkey ball. I understand Monkey ball though. I truly prefer any version of Mario Party over that game.

QLD
02-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Monkey Ball is fun though. And my fiance likes it, well she did anyway.

I did play Rogue Squadron, and I love it, I just have never been good at flying sim type games, as you well know :)

I got halfway through Mario Sunshine...well, maybe halfway. I got distracted by something else, don't remember what though.

And you should buy Mario Party 4, so I can play it :D

kool-aid killer
02-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Ive only got rogue squadron and lord of the rings. plus being the genius that i am i didnt buy a memory card and yippey! i get to play both of my games from the beginning every single day. on a more positive note i was able to beat all the cave trolls in that level so thanks for the help.

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Darnit! I can't get past the wall, while playing Gimle. I had to walk away from the game.

kool-aid killer
02-19-2003, 06:43 AM
I have trouble with the level where you have to protect a door from Orc, Uruk hais with dynamite on them , and eventually a cave troll while your being shot at by Orcs. It took me like three tries to beat the wall with Gimli and everytime i try to use Legolas i get pounded. Im glad that i wasnt able to beat it though because i havent had it for long and have only played it for a few hours.

kool-aid killer
03-04-2003, 06:44 AM
I beat the game on Sunday. I was pretty suprised that the last level wasnt any harder but oh well im happy. GO KOOL AID, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY, WE GONNA PARTY LIKE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY, AND WE DONT GIVE A _____ CAUSE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

12inch Lando
03-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Congrats kak. I haven't picked the game up again in the last 2 weeks. I'm going to have to force myself back to it.

QLD
03-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, hurry up and beat it so I can play it 12" Lando!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2004, 02:34 PM
I was at the local WM this AM debating about whether or not to get the Matrix Revolutions DVD when I noticed that TTT was released as a Platinum Hit (silver box) for the XBox for $20. Which do you think I got? ;)

I've been itching to get this game for a while so now that I have it I'm suddenly curious about the RotK game. Anyone want to volunteer their opinion on which one is better?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-06-2004, 03:26 PM
I was at the local WM this AM debating about whether or not to get the Matrix Revolutions DVD when I noticed that TTT was released as a Platinum Hit (silver box) for the XBox for $20. Which do you think I got? ;)

I've been itching to get this game for a while so now that I have it I'm suddenly curious about the RotK game. Anyone want to volunteer their opinion on which one is better?

Oh my lord, ROTK is a FAR superior game in my opinion. The control has been tweaked, so the combos are MUCH easier to pull off and the graphics are awesome. The huge battle scenes (Minas Tirith, Fields of Pelennor) make helms deep look like a picnic. Plus, there are three paths: the path of the Wizard, the King and the Hobbit. I was just about to toss in the game and play it in an attemp to make my all characters level 20 experienced. Get this game! cheers! :D