PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars too easy

Pendo
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I bought Star Wars: The Clone Wars for the PS2 yesterday, and this morning I completed it. I'm not a big gamer, I hardly ever play on my PlayStation, but I just found The Clone Wars too easy. I was very dissapointed with the game, the graphics weren't the best ever, game play wasn't too good either, and the story seemed a little Phantom Menace-ish. Was anybody else dissapointed with this game?
I totaly loved Bounty Hynter on PS2, thought the graphics were superb, game play was great and the story was amazing. Why can't all games be like that?

PENDO!

Fulit
02-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Yes I was disappointed. Too many levels in that stupid tank.

Am I the only one who wants a comprehensive game that follows the movies with both missions in the movies and canon missions "behind the scenes" of the movies, so to speak?

What I mean is, they should let you fly ships, land on planets, be on foot, drive speeders, dewbacks, you name it. Do it particular to specific movies of the 5 we have, and eventually the 6th. For example, In Empire Strikes Back, you could be Luke, piloting the X-Wing to Cloud City, having to use your flying skills to avoid the Imperials. Or you could be Boba Fett, tracking Han in scenes we didn't see. Or be Lobot, trying to assemble the Bespin Security Force and rescue Lando, Chewie, and Leia from the Imperials.
But every mission you do should enable something that takes place in the movies to happen. Does this sound like a good idea?
I know it sounds a lot like Galaxies, but.........

Darth Sh0diC
02-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah, Clone wars was a bit short. When I bought it I thought it was going to be a GTA styled game where you could jump in and out of the vehicles and have HUGE scale battles with no real objectives but to destroy the enemy. Hey Fulit, that idea is really awsome:). Go to Lucasarts and give'm a piece of your mind!

Fulit
02-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sh0diC
Go to Lucasarts and give'm a piece of your mind!

Give? Surely you jest, I'm charging 2.5 million a chunk! :p

mrmiller
02-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Hopefully the Xbox version with the online play will have a much longer play-life.

=MATT=

scruffziller
02-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Boy I am glad I didn't get it. ROBOTECH is looking more fun now.

Adam
02-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Clone Wars was pretty easy.. the only thing that keeps me from liking it is the HORRIBLE 3rd person controls. The vehicle controls were excellent, but man those levels when you play Mace or Anakin suck.

Robotech is a good game btw. :)

Lman316
02-13-2003, 12:45 PM
I currently have this thing on rent from Blockbuster. I do like it, but I have to agree that it's pretty easy. I've only had the thing three days and I'm just flying through it (and the first two days, I only played it for about 10 minutes at a time).

What I really like, though, is the multiplayer option. Yes, it's limited, but Conquest is very cool. I really like building up the outposts and trying to defend and/or attack. I wish it could be for three or more players though...

I'll probably finish it today, so I guess it saved me 40-something dollars (you know, minus the cost of renting :p). Still a nice game though.

End...

mrmiller
02-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
What I really like, though, is the multiplayer option. Yes, it's limited, but Conquest is very cool. I really like building up the outposts and trying to defend and/or attack. I wish it could be for three or more players though...

Great! That's what I wanted to hear. The Xbxo version will have all the enhanced multiplayer stuff on Xbox live. I'll be pisking this up now. I pretty much only buy games that have killer multiplayer aspects, otherwise I rent them and play through once. But good multiplayer keep's 'em alive a lot longer. Thanks for teh Review Lman.

=MATT=