PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro to re-release classics!?!

Jerjerrod
02-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Straight from the Hasbro website is the updated list for 2003.

'03 #01 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle
'03 #02 Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation
'03 #03 Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape
'03 #04 Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase
'03 #05 SP-4 & JN-66, Research Droids
'03 #06 Tusken Raider, Camp Ambush
'03 #07 Anakin Skywalker, Secret Ceremony
'03 #08 Boba Fett, The Pit of Carkoon
'03 #09 R2-D2, Droid Factory Flight
'03 #10 Lama Su, Kamino Prime Minister with Clone Youth
'03 #11 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
'03 #12 Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli's Padawan
'03 #13 Han Solo, Hoth Rescue
'03 #14 Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt
'03 #15 Yoda & Chian, Padawan Lightsaber Training
'03 #16 Ashla & Jempa, Jedi Padawan
'03 #17 Luke Skywalker, Throne Room Duel
'03 #18 Darth Vader, Throne Room Duel
'03 #19 Snowtrooper, The Battle of Hoth
'03 #20 Jango Fett, Kamino Escape (from AOTC collection)
'03 #21 C-3PO (Classic version from POTF collection)
'03 #22 Padmé Amidala in Wedding Dress
'03 #23 Wat Tambor
'03 #24 Coleman Trebor
'03 #25 Darth Maul (Classic version from POTJ collection)
'03 #26 Princess Leia Organa (Classic version from POTF collection)
'03 #27 Han Solo (Classic version from POTF collection)

Notice the figures that will be re-released from POTF2 and POTJ. Hasbro claims that they will also come with a base. Does that mean we will see ugly orange card C-3PO, He-man Han, and Man-face Leia again?

I hope if they are doing this for sure, to at least bring out MMC C-3PO, all-new-likeness Leia, and POTJ Han death star escape.
Otherwise, I will be very disappointed, and disgusted! :mad:

Actually, i'm already disappointed. Why are they wasting valuable space for these, when they can easily issue other new figures? :mad:

Beast
02-10-2003, 03:50 AM
Well, I guess the rumors from Galactic Hunter turned out to be true. They said that they heard there was a bunch of re-packaged figures coming up. This could be a good thing, for the new collectors. Depends on who they include. :)

I do have some complaints, but some ideas as well. Why re-issue Jango Fett: Kamino Escape. While he's a nice figure, he's shorter in scale then the other Jango's. That's the only real complaint I have, though I would rather we get more new figures. :(

C-3PO will probably either be the Millenium Minted Coin version, or the removable limbs version. Frankly I would prefer a new one, but these two weren't terrible. :)

Maul will most likely be the one from the Masters of the Darkside 2-pack. Since he was almost impossible for most people to get. And we have a rumor of a re-packaged Vader as well. Which will probably be the Vader from the MotD 2-pack as well. :)

Princess Leia, that's a toughie. It's probably a re-issue of the new Likeness Leia. Though it could be somthing like the Hoth Leia, since we have a Hoth Han and the upcoming Wampa Attack Screen Scene. Hmm, maybe it will be Boushh Leia. :)

Han Solo, probably just going to be the Han: Cantina from the Commtech line. Not sure there really are any basic Classic Han's other then him that would be worth re-issuing. It could be Carbonite Han, and the base could connect to Leia's if they issue her as Boushh Leia. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 04:56 AM
What WOULD be awesome is if the Leia was the Comtech "Hood-up" Leia that was so impossible to find.

This is bizarre though. Kind of pointless. Like anybody REALLY wants the old He-Man style figs of 1996. . . :crazed:

Beast
02-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Yeah, in some ways it's cool but in others it's pointless. It's great with the Clone Wars line drawing in kids that will want to pick up the main charecters. It will also be great for the new collectors that missed a lot of the old figures.

And depending on the choices, some of the old collectors could find a few they want an extra or two for. Like the MotD Maul and such. I'll have to wait and hear which figures they are planning, before I decide exactly which ones to like and which ones to be mad about. :)

I do think this is more due to the Clone Wars stuff then anything else. Since these are supposed to be re-issued on C2 cards. So while the Clone Wars figures are shipping, the focus will be off Collection 2. But Hasbro wanted somthing to put out there in C2, instead of putting them on hiatus until after Clone Wars. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 06:36 AM
I certainly wouldn't mind them shooting out a reissue of the Jawa two pack --- or even better, the Jawa w/ Gonk Droid as it is the "definitive Jawa to Date." To go with the rumored and hopefully still very much on the way Sandcrawler.

evenflow
02-10-2003, 06:38 AM
Is re-releasing Jango Fett really needed, i mean he just came out?

icatch9
02-10-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree, can't we all find a doze Jangos still. He's a popular character (I guess :rolleyes: ). Hasbro sure wants him to be popular.

Smart money is on all the re-release figures to be more current styles. I doubt that they would make the "monkey faced" Leia because that just wouldn't go witht he current lines. The "hooded" Leia or "All New Likeness" would be much more logical. Still, when has Hasbro ever been logical :D. Can't wait to see them and listen to all the complaints :).

Kidhuman
02-10-2003, 11:02 AM
There are way too many Jangos pegwarming. I would like to get a Leia w/ hood up since it has slipped my grasp for so long. How about reissuing a Lando? and why a C3PO?

Rogue II
02-10-2003, 11:29 AM
I hope the C-3PO is the Millenium Minted Coin version and Leia is the CTC version. I passed on all of the Millenium Minted Coin figures, and never saw the Leia CTC in retail (and I'm not about to pay $20 for one).

If Han ends up being the Cantina CTC version, I may buy it just to customize Lando in his smuggler outfit since I have an extra POTJ Lando laying around. (hmmm, maybe I can make Han in Lando disguise...:crazed: ) If we're lucky, maybe Hasbro will throw in a Cantina table to go along with Han.

Watch the Leia end up being the Bespin Gown version from the Leia 2-packs.:rolleyes:

Darkross
02-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I hope the C-3PO is the Millenium Minted Coin version and Leia is the CTC version. I passed on all of the Millenium Minted Coin figures, and never saw the Leia CTC in retail (and I'm not about to pay $20 for one).

If Han ends up being the Cantina CTC version, I may buy it just to customize Lando in his smuggler outfit since I have an extra POTJ Lando laying around. (hmmm, maybe I can make Han in Lando disguise...:crazed: ) If we're lucky, maybe Hasbro will throw in a Cantina table to go along with Han.

Watch the Leia end up being the Bespin Gown version from the Leia 2-packs.:rolleyes:

Yes let's all hope and pray for the MMC C3P0. I too passed on buying him and I really don't want to have to buy him now. It would be nice to be able to finally get a decent sculpt of C3P0 with the silver leg for dioramas. I suspect that the Leia will be the Bespin gown Leia though...hopefully without the cloth goods.

bobafett07728
02-10-2003, 11:50 AM
I was thinking about customizing the Cantina Han into a Smuggler Lando as well, btu I foresee some problems. . .

The Gun holster needs to be removed (I doubt Lando wore one)
The shirt needs to be buttoned to the top. . . Han's is opened up.

Otherwise. . . the Cantina Han definitely has the articulation you would want for the smuggler Lando.

As far as the reissues go. . . I guess they will be allright, but the Jango reissue seems REALLY pointless. He's still available at retail around here! Hopefully they will change that one, and maybe rerelease a Stormtrooper, a Luke, or a Obi-Wan.

sith_killer_99
02-10-2003, 11:52 AM
What a waste!

The only possible good that could come from this would be a CTC Leia. They had sooooooo much potential for re-releases, what about Motti? There are a lot of great figures that could be released in greater numbers, why these?

bobafett07728
02-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
I suspect that the Leia will be the Bespin gown Leia though...hopefully without the cloth goods.

But that wouldn't truly be a reisue though. . . would it?:D

187-Maul
02-10-2003, 12:49 PM
at first when I heard this I thought WTF, but after thinking about it, if they really re-release the remov. limbs C-3PO and MOTDS Maul (and maybe Vader) I'd be happy since I still need those, don't care for the others much though, but why Jango KE, I still see him here in the retail stores

Banthaholic
02-10-2003, 01:32 PM
I don't have any problems with the reissues. Gives certain fans a chance to 'catch' up. I'm hoping that these will be C2, it would make good sense.
Since C2 figures typically are more obscure characters, it'd give collectors a chance to grab a few oscure characters and basic fans a chance to pick up 'core' characters at the same time. Odds are that most sollecots ouwld pass on the core characters, while basic collecotrs tend to pass on obscure characters. A win/ win situation.

JangoFart
02-10-2003, 02:17 PM
JJB: I can only hope you're right on that Maul re-release. I'm a huge Maul fan, but the two single-carded POTJ Mauls were horrible. The one from the Dark Side 2-Pack was, IMO, one of the best Mauls made. (Of course, I love the shirt-less Maul too; mainly because I totally dug that comic from which it was based.)

The other figures mentioned as re-released do nothing to raise my interest and I'll have to pass on them. (Especially a re-release of Jango KE. That's QUITE odd since they are STILL all over the pegs.)

J

Beast
02-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Well, it's the only Maul that I really could see them re-issuing. The POTJ break-apart Maul would be a bad choice. And the only other Maul's in POTJ is the concept one, and the shirtless one. So I'm going to go with the more likely MotD Maul. :)

Hopefully this is just a test to see how well re-issues sell. Since there are some non-main charecters that deserve a re-issue. TC-14, Sio Bibble, etc. Hopefully Hasbro doesn't go to crazy, as I want more new charecters, not just re-issues. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Captain Piett and Zuckuss would be better choices IMO. Rather them than Maul. Commtech leia and han would be reasonable but Leia will likely be the all new likeness one b'cuz it's cheaper to produce. what on earth do we need a re-release of jango for with so many still hanging around? Are they completely insane over there at hasbro HQ?

El Chuxter
02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Sio Bibble.
Queen Amidala #2.
Pit Droids two-pack.
International Pit Droid pack-in figures.
Holographic Darth Sidious.

I've never seen these at retail. Almost everything else, I've been able to get at a regular store (or found on clearance at KB after buying at a higher-than-retail price). There are a few others that most people haven't found. I think they deserve the re-release treatment a bit more, but I won't complain too much. This gives me some hope for 2004. :D

mtriv73
02-10-2003, 04:23 PM
While they're at it, why not rerelease Motti? I'd much rather have that than look at more Darth Mauls clogging the shelves.

icatch9
02-10-2003, 04:24 PM
I think thier logic is good in it's intent. They are trying to get core characters in thier core outfits to kids/collectors who may of missed them the first time around. I'd say that the number of collectors have doubled since the release of TPM. So, that's a lot of people who missed most of the POTF 2 collections. The repackaged figs are Hasbros way of makeing up for it. I agree that some hard core collectors missed out on Sio Bible, Hooded Leia, Captian Piate and a score of other hard to find figs, but those characters are far from core. So, Hasbro isn't going to make them.

Still I don't know of any man, woman, or beast that doesn't have a Jango. Makeing that one again already is something else.

Kidhuman
02-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Sio Bibble.
Queen Amidala #2.
Pit Droids two-pack.
International Pit Droid pack-in figures.
Holographic Darth Sidious.

I've never seen these at retail.

Me either except the Holo Sidious

Darth Trymybestus
02-10-2003, 05:06 PM
quoted from www.theforce.net

Update For 2003's Numbering System
Mon, Feb 10, 03 12:57:53 PM EST

Hasbro updates today with a list of the first 27 basic figures planned for 2003. May of these are well-known already, but a few are newly-announced rehashes from previous lines. Jango Fett, C-3PO, Darth Maul, Princess Leia, and Han Solo will be added from previous lines, and although the figures will remain the same, the packaging and accessories will be updated.

The only reason that they'd re release Jango Fett - Kamino Escape is to add more accessories? Maybe add the suitcase at the bottom of the ramp?
Because I could go and buy Jango Fett - Kamino Escape tomorrow, he's really not hard to find at all!:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Eh, this could be good if they have some cool new accessories. Han could have a cantina table, Jango could have a Kamino platform base, Darth Maul could have a piece of the reactor core thing. However, the head on Kamino Escape Jango is godawful, so hopefully they'll put on a permanent helmet instead of an ugly pinhead with a crappy helmet.

Here's to hoping they don't suck.:zzz:

Jargo
02-10-2003, 05:52 PM
You know that works as a jinx though don't you? ;)
It'll take a lot more than a plastic stand and a suitcase accessory to get me to pay good money for a rehash Jango that's for sure. And well, with more than a dozen Mauls already I have no need for one more no matter what he comes with.

Fulit
02-10-2003, 07:19 PM
This is stupid. Re-issue them so one of two things can happen, either they'll clog the pegs, or you won't be able to find them anywhere.

Turbowars
02-10-2003, 07:50 PM
What a joke. I don't care if other collectors didn't get them the 1st time around. They can get them on e-bay and for less than retail. I would like to see new figures. Hasbro is just to lazy now that they have 50 years to produce every figure, so they are going to try to milk us dry. I blame Lucas for this BS. I love him for giving us the OT, but I'm starting to hate this guy. :evil: :stupid:

Jargo
02-10-2003, 07:55 PM
The official site just got the skinny and blurb up:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/02/news20030210.html

Jango Fett, Kamino Escape - last year's "Saga" edition

C-3PO - from the "Power of the Force" collection as "C-3PO with Removable Arm" (flashback card?)

Darth Maul - originally part of the "Power of the Jedi" "Masters of the Dark Side" two-pack with Darth Vader

Princess Leia Organa - the "Princess Leia Organa with Blaster Rifle and Long-Barreled Pistol" version from the "Power of the Force" (all new likeness)

Han Solo - the "Han Solo with Blaster Pistol and Holster" version from "Power of the Force" (commtech)

Beast
02-10-2003, 07:57 PM
You may not care, but the new collectors and collectors that joined up due to E1 and E2 care. A lot of people don't like dealing with Ebay, and depending on the figures you can't get them cheaper on Ebay. Leia: Commtech, C-3PO: MMC Coin, and Maul: MotD go for more then $5.00 on Ebay. And then there is shipping also. If kids want a figure, they're parents are more likely to walk into a store and buy them one. Not deal with Ebay. Ebay sucks.

How exacly are they trying to milk you dry? By putting figures out that you stated that you don't need? Damn, that's a confusing attempt to get your money. If you don't like/need/want them, then don't buy them. Damn, it's so silly to read how Hasbro is milking people, when you're the one holding the wallet. :)

Thanks for the info, Jargo. Other then the re-issue of Jango: Kamino they are all pretty good choices. The Maul was a hard to get figure, and a very nice one. The Leia was moderatly difficult to get, and also a pretty nice figure. The C-3PO is a good sculpt, one I actually didn't think of. Hopefully they'll reduce the mud/dirt on him though. And the Han is the best basic Han. This will be great for kids and new collectors. Other then the Jango, I'll probably get one of each. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
02-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Here is my list of figures from the current list that I'll be purchasing this year.

'03 #02 Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation ****
'03 #04 Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase ****
'03 #06 Tusken Raider, Camp Ambush ****
'03 #08 Boba Fett, The Pit of Carkoon ****
'03 #10 Lama Su, Kamino Prime Minister with Clone Youth ****
'03 #11 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight ****
'03 #12 Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli's Padawan ****
'03 #13 Han Solo, Hoth Rescue ****
'03 #15 Yoda & Chian, Padawan Lightsaber Training ****
'03 #16 Ashla & Jempa, Jedi Padawan ****
'03 #17 Luke Skywalker, Throne Room Duel ?
'03 #18 Darth Vader, Throne Room Duel ?
'03 #23 Wat Tambor ****
'03 #24 Coleman Trebor ****
'03 #27 Han Solo (Classic version from POTF collection) ****

These are the only ones so far that spark my interest in purchasing what so ever. I was even going to pass on Mace, Boba, and Han Solo (Classic POTF), but I like the look of them so far so it's a yes for now. Vader and Luke are possible passes as well, but I'll have to wait and see what they look like before I make a final decision or comment. I know some of the newer collectors will like some of the rehashes, but for me I have enough Anakin's (4), Maul's, (4) Jango's (10), C3PO's (5), Leia's (7), and probably enough Boba's, Han's, Luke's and Vader's to do me a lifetime. I just can't pass up on the new Han's, only time (13th) will tell for Vader and Luke. I hope they are Kick arse otherwise I may have to pass on them, if they are K.A. then my son will get my oldies and I'll get the newbies. It's like JarJarBinks said I'm holding the wallet and what I decide to purchase is what I choose to milk or not milk dry, not Hasbro. So only time will tell how weak I am when I see them on the pegs.:D

Old Fossil
02-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I suppose all these reissues is a good thing, as it allows me more money for army builders like Tusken Raiders, Sandtroopers, and (barring a bad sculpt) Snowtroopers!

But I really want a new R5-D4.

:cry:

Banthaholic
02-10-2003, 08:59 PM
I hope they don't reissure hard to fing POTF-2 and EP1 figures. If they reissue they should only stick to 'core' characters.
Sio Bibble, Pit Droids, Zuckuss they'll be the next peg-warmers, if your average kid is at the store and they can pick one figure up, would they choose Han or Zuckusss?
While yes I would pick up Zuckuss too, but I and alot of us aren't your average fan.

QLD
02-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Well, the re-issues saves me money, since I already have all of these figures except for the MOTD 2-pack figures, which I never cared for anyway.

Though, if I were a completist, carded collector, I would be ******. Because now you have to re-buy these figures again. DOH!

The only think I am interested in being re-released, is Zuckuss. The only figure to escape my clutches!!

Though, I wonder why they couldn't just do what they did LAST time there were a whole new bunch of collectors introduced, and re-make the characters. I would rather have all new versions of those same characters, than the re-releases. I guess they are just trying to save money.

jpak001
02-10-2003, 09:09 PM
I'll get the Maul, It'll be cool to have him on a single card. The MOTD 2 pack was awesome IMO. Probably pass on all the others though.....

I'll bet everyone will pass on the Jango, then he'll be worth a bunch of cash (like some of those freeze frame re-issues) :greedy: You never know... ;)

Beast
02-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Probably because of collectors. They complain when Hasbro re-sculpts a figure, and they say they should have just reissued the last one. But of course now that they did that, we'll get collectors complaining that they reissue figures, instead of sculpting a new one. Just like with the Tusken and Yoda, from last year. It's the old, "You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't" sort of thing. :)

As for the Jango, yeah I may actually pass on him. The Kamino Escape version in my opinion is actually the worst Jango. He's to short, really. I think they scaled him down, to match the shortened Obi-Wan: Coruscant Chase. But if they pack him with a really cool base, and some neat accessories like his cargo box, I may end up snagging one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Jar Jar --- you Pollyanna you --- I just wish you would once say something even remotely contemptable of Hasbro . . .

Just once . . .

Anyway, these choices are all pretty lame-O if you ask me. The Leia was somewhat hard to find? Jar Jar, where do you shop? Even in Los Angeles I found her really fast if my memory serves correctly.

The threepio will be a dirty version --- of course --- and a boring one at that.

Kamino escape as everybody else has pointed out is still clogging the shelves in abundance.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if I wasn't convinced that these figs will clog the pegs and be yet another nail in the coffin that was once my favorite toy line . . .

:frus:

Beast
02-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Jar Jar --- you Pollyanna you --- I just wish you would once say something even remotely contemptable of Hasbro . . .
Just once . . .
Anyway, these choices are all pretty lame-O if you ask me. The Leia was somewhat hard to find? Jar Jar, where do you shop? Even in Los Angeles I found her really fast if my memory serves correctly.
The threepio will be a dirty version --- of course --- and a boring one at that.
Kamino escape as everybody else has pointed out is still clogging the shelves in abundance.
Frankly, I wouldn't care if I wasn't convinced that these figs will clog the pegs and be yet another nail in the coffin that was once my favorite toy line . . .
:frus:
Hey, no need for the insults. I already said it was stupid to re-issue Jango, especially that Jango. And I do complain about certain figures. I swear, some of you are so negative that if someone doesn't join your little bandwagon of complaining and moaning about everything, then their opinion doesn't mean anything. I have my problems with Hasbro and some of their choices, but the good outweighs the bad everytime. Noone's opinion on this board stands for everyone, not mine, not yours, not Jargo's, not even JT's or Sir Steve's. They are our opinions, and that's all.

The choices are lame for you, but you've been collecting since the beginning. These are chances for the kiddies and new collectors to get some good figures that haven't been on the market for a while, or were hard to somewhat hard to find. And especially with the big Clone Wars crossover, kiddies may want a Maul, Han, Leia, Jango, C-3PO, etc. Like it or lump it, you are not the only collector, and not everyone has been collecting from the beginning. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Fine. Then they should just simply reissue the figs and be done with it. Don't make any changes. If they REALLY are doing this to satisfy all these new collectors out there, then fancy new accessorues truly aren't needed. As the "supposed" hard to find "figure I miss way back" should have enough appeal on their own.

Adding these new bases --- a blatant over-the-top tastelessly-obvious attempt at making us buy things we already have --- is --- to be blunt --- a real slap in the face. SMACK!!! Why else include something new if not to force us into submission?

Thank God I am NOT a completist.

And the choices again reflect that Hasbro has no rocket scientists on staff.

Sorry, I just can't get past Kamino Escape. Why? This they'll do and I still can't get a lousy movie accurate R5-D4? It just boggles the mind.

Beast
02-10-2003, 09:45 PM
What's wrong with issuing them with bases? Maybe they feel that they shouldn't charge $4.99 just for a re-packaged figure. They wanted to give people that bought them somthing more for their money. Especially with these big bubbles, it would be silly to stick the small figures in there all by their lonesome.

I'm sure you've seen how empty the bubbles look with the Teebo, Eeth Koth, Imperial Officer, and Rebel Fleet Troopers from POTJ on the new cards. It's to bad they didn't get bases in those re-issues as well. But sadly they missed the chance.

Sure the inclusion of bases, could draw some people to rebuy these things just for the bases. But so what? That's there choice, and their decision. If you don't want to or need to, then why worry about it. The base missing from your collection, isn't going to hurt anything. The figure is what's important to most.

Frankly, if you just want the bases and could care less about having the figure, there are options. Give the figures away to kids in the neighborhood, sell them on ebay, or trade them here to people that want them. Hell, you probably could get the bases in trade, if you really wanted to. :)

No, they know what they're doing. Other then the choice of reissuing Kamino Jango, all the figures are good choices. Especially the Maul, since there are a great number of people out there that missed out on the chance to buy the MotD 2-pack.

There is a rumor of a Vader and Luke re-pack as well, that would be nice if that were true. The Vader will likely be the MotD 2-pack version, since again that one slipped thru the hands of a lot of collectors. And if Luke is a Tatooine Luke, with a Poncho added in, then that will finally meet that need. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-10-2003, 09:45 PM
That was an insult? Man what thin skin. :rolleyes:

Han and Leia are understandable for kids who just got into the saga nad those choices are acceptable re-releases that fit the bill. Jango is utterly pointless period. Maul in this case being a HTF item in certain regions is borderline acceptable. But with so many Mauls to choose from in retailer bargain bins still why do we need a maul at all. He isn't cool and he's not clever. he's just a marginal character not a core character. A core character would be um... Lando. Yeah that's the guy, hero and all round smoothie. Black guy with a 'tache, fond of blue silk shirts. Um perhaps a core character like that might have been acceptable in place of something um...crap.

Beast
02-10-2003, 09:50 PM
I didn't say it was an insult, I meant that there was no need for resulting to insults. Maybe I should have made myself more clear. I figured it was as clear as crystal, but apperantly it wasn't. I'm not going to consider it an insult. I'm not the sort that overreacts to those sorts of things. :)

I agree, re-issuing Lando: Bespin would be a good idea. But he was pretty recent, and there are POTF2 Lando figures that are in need of a re-sculpt. Not to mention we need the smuggler gear Lando. Besides, it seems more like Hasbro is targeting ANH for the OT charecters. So Lando wouldn't be included anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-10-2003, 09:58 PM
NO! KE Jango's clogging some of my local shelves! No more Jango (at least for a while) please!

Jargo
02-10-2003, 10:02 PM
But, MOTDS maul is just as recent as bespin lando Jar Jar. And Jango is even more recent. Hasbro really should replace jango schmango with Lando. If their reasons for re-releassing are to allow catch up on older figures then jango isn't going to satisfy.
So far this year we have a luke, leia han chewbacca, threepio and R2. no Lando though. No-one wants another jango kamino escape really. It's not going to come wjith anything worth having. Scrap it and put out Lando instead. Everyone should have that Lando. He doesn't have super articulation but he does have acuracy on his side and a reasonable stance. And a cloth cape that's accurate. And an excellent face sculpt. Quality item is that lando. Jango schmango kamino fallover is just not worth bothering with. Trash it, put out lando instead. Everyone needs Lando. You haven't got star wars if you haven't got Lando.

Beast
02-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Yes, that is true. But the MOTD 2-pack was almost impossible to find here in the states. I saw them once, and I picked up 2 sets. I wish I would have gotten more, because as I found out later, so many people here missed out on them. I would have loved to have helped folks out. Hell, I was lucky or I wouldn't have gotten them myself. But Lando's I saw quite a few times while he was shipping. :)

Like I said, I don't like the idea of re-issung Jango at all. I think that Hasbro could have picked somthing else. Like slapping the CT Stormie on a card with some new accessories instead. The Jango is a stupid choice, since the figure is to short and nowhere near as good as some of the others. I may get it if he comes with his cargo crate and a decent base, and then I'll give the figure to my brother. He'll enjoy it, atleast that will make it worthwhile. ;) :D

But like I said, they seem to be focusing on ANH for the OT re-issues. C-3PO: Tatooine, Leia: White, Han: Cantina. So Lando doesn't fit in that scheme anyway. Maybe next year they'll pick a few ESB figures that need to be re-issued. We'll just have to wait and see. But other then the Jango choice, it's not a terrible idea for the kiddies and new collectors. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Jar Jar --- that wasn't meant to be an insult. I am sorry, but you are so relentlessly upbeat and chipper about even Hasbro's most idiotic moves that it does at time hurt your credibility.

For example: Say Hasbro decided . . . That all future waves of Action Figures would be made solely of . . . Play-dough.

Everybody else around here would flip big time, but you'd be there to post:

"What's the big deal, guys? I think it's neat! Hasbro totally knows what their doing! Think outside of the box! Sure, it's a bit unorthodox for an action figure, but talk about extra articulation! And no unsightly joints! Okay, it'll be a little hard to get 'em to stand, but lots of figures are hard to stand anyway. Besides, the plastic has been getting softer, so really, it is only the next logical step. Plus it'll be totally great for diorama makers who want to recreate puddle of goo destruction sequences. And the zip lock baggies are a new bonus pack in . . . Look If you don't like it, don't buy it. Seriously, all some of you ever do is complain. MTFBWY and HH!! Jar Jar Binks"

Am I totally off base here? :sur:

Beast
02-10-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm upbeat and chipper, maybe because I'm young at heart and enjoy the hobby and figures that I buy. I like the poses and some of the action features. They're fun to play with and mess around with, as long as they don't hinder the sculpt terribly. Padme: Arena is a case of somthing I dislike greatly. :)

And no, I would be right there complaining with the masses about that stupid of an idea. Infact, I did complain about the Super Battle Droid set that uses playdoh. But I like the mold maker that comes with it, because I can use it in my droid factory set up. As for the SBD, well I'll just use the frame as a destroyed one. Unless the modeling compound works better then I think. Which I highly doubt. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar jar Binks

Jargo
02-10-2003, 10:20 PM
:D :D :D :D funny funny.

yeah well I never really looked at the releases as a movie based thing just as characters. It says classic so that to me means the whole OT not just the sig' movie. silly me apparently :rolleyes: I still fail to see how maul and Fett classify as classic though.

Beast
02-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Well, Maul is a re-release for TPM and ones that kids still like. Plus he was a choice that quite a few people didn't get a chance to get, due to how he was distributed. Like I said, only the OT charecters are all from ANH. :)

As for Jango, as stupid as the choice is, he's supposed to represent AOTC's, but it's a horrible horrible choice. They should have just made the CloneTrooper that's coming out without the red markings, the E2 figure choice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Why even bother representing ATOC when all those figs are still around?

I am now officially terrified that we will get a Classic R5-D4. So many collectors missed out on this figure --- how can they truly appreciate how awful it is without holding it in their hands?

Wouldn't that be Hasbro's logic? Back me up, Jargo.

Beast
02-10-2003, 10:34 PM
No, because Hasbro's not packaging the terrible steroid figures on the new cards. They're putting out decent versions of them. They know that the first R5-D4 was terrible, and have said that there are plans for a new one. When we'll finally get him, is the big question though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
02-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Why even bother representing ATOC when all those figs are still around?

I am now officially terrified that we will get a Classic R5-D4. So many collectors missed out on this figure --- how can they truly appreciate how awful it is without holding it in their hands?

Wouldn't that be Hasbro's logic? Back me up, Jargo.

I'm not Jargo, but I agree with you mark2d2, I'm still waiting for lots of things to be released or re-sculpted (R5D4) in particular. The last one was a total piece of poo IMO. That being said bring on some NEW STUFF HASBRO. :D

QLD
02-10-2003, 10:44 PM
I have to agree with Jargo in saying that we NEED MORE LANDOS!

MORE LANDOS WOULD MAKE IT ALLLLLLLLLL OK.

In fact, they should drop all of the other characters, and just re-release all of the Landos. Even the buff ones.

Anakin
02-10-2003, 10:53 PM
why don't you guys just be happy that you're getting wat tambor and coleman trebor? i'm confused now, it's written in stone that they're being made, but you still complain about other figures? just don't buy them, you all wanted the two mentioned in the beginning of this post, settle down and wait patiently for you're preciouse aliens (that i personally never thought were that cool, one guy can't even control his life support systems and the other is a member of the council and still dies one of the quickest deaths in the movie, zam put up a better fight than coleman :D:D)

DarthBrandon
02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I have to agree with Jargo in saying that we NEED MORE LANDOS!

MORE LANDOS WOULD MAKE IT ALLLLLLLLLL OK.

In fact, they should drop all of the other characters, and just re-release all of the Landos. Even the buff ones.

Just think of all the LANDOS we could have if they stopped making the other characters all together QLD.

LANDO: as Vader with removable helmet, Storm Trooper/Clone Trooper, Pilot, Imperial, Droid, Boba/Jango, Droid, Jedi, Royal Guard, Battle/Super Droid, Bounty Hunter Disguise etc. etc.

STAR WARS: LANDOS NEW HOPE, LANDO STRIKES BACK, RETURN OF THE LANDO, THE PHANTOM LANDO, ATTACK OF THE LANDOS, AND POSSIBLY RISE OF THE LANDO.:D

QLD
02-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Just think of all the LANDOS we could have if they stopped making the other characters all together QLD.

LANDO: as Vader with removable helmet, Storm Trooper/Clone Trooper, Pilot, Imperial, Droid, Boba/Jango, Droid, Jedi, Royal Guard, Battle/Super Droid, Bounty Hunter Disguise etc. etc.

STAR WARS: LANDOS NEW HOPE, LANDO STRIKES BACK, RETURN OF THE LANDO, THE PHANTOM LANDO, ATTACK OF THE LANDOS, AND POSSIBLY RISE OF THE LANDO.:D

BWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORLD IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
02-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
BWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORLD IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO IT'S LANDOS WORLD. LOL:D

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Anakin, I for one have never been clamoring for the two figures you mention. Heck, I'm not even sure who one of them is . . .

Jerjerrod
02-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Whoa. Though Hasbro's decision to re-release is controversial, I don't think they wanted war amongst collectors who happen to feel differently. Hits and misses, that is true, so only buy what you like, even if you already have him or not.

Now that the actual "versions" are announced, I can decide which ones to get.

Jango - I just thought how silly this one will look with a slightly different card as last year's, so this one I won't get. The figure doesn't even look nice anyway.

Maul - I am very interested in this one, because I missed it the first time. Hopefully, this is the definitive Maul figure that some people say he is. I also hope that Vader in the MOTDS will be re-released as well.

Leia - As the FF was one of my favorite runs, I like all-new-likeness Leia fine the way she is on the old card. I don't think I'll get this one.

C-3PO - Shopworn? Not a bad figure, but MMC is better. When I heard the news last night, I was almost certain Hasbro was "spying" on me, as I just won the MMC C-3PO last week on ebay. It seems like they re-release many figures that I tend to try to get, the ones I missed the first time around. But when Hasbro announced "shopworn", I felt relieved, in a selfish kind of way, because I knew I made the right bid. :D No, I won't get this one, I already have it.

Han - Same reason as Leia, he's fine the way he is on my Commtech card. Dismissed.

1 hit, 4 misses. Oh well... :rolleyes: At least they tried.

But I do recommend all except for Jango Fett for those who don't have them yet. They ARE great figures!

Jerjerrod

Adam
02-10-2003, 11:36 PM
I don't think I have that Leia so I'll probably get her...

nova blue
02-11-2003, 01:18 AM
I would love it if they released the Darth Vader from the MOTD 2 pack. I never got that, like a lot of people here. If the Maul is from that set, i'll definitely get that. Although I do have every version of maul. I heard that was a really cool maul

Jargo
02-11-2003, 06:22 AM
I just rechecked my piccie archive of all the figs and i have to say that I really can't se any difference in MOTD maul to any other carded maul apart from the cloaked ones that is. he's just the same pose as the very first maul we got, really dull. the only thing that made him attractive was coming in a two pack with a soft goods vader. It's like something that has a molded stand suddenly becomes a golden item. A cheap plastic stand and suddenly it's a power totem that everyone must have.

Lando world sounds like a cool place to be because everyone knows that all the stormtroopers are really clones of lando, and if they made one with a removable helmet it would be Lando's face underneath, not Jango schmango.

Release Lando, trash Jango Schmango.

187-Maul
02-11-2003, 08:01 AM
I am so glad that the Maul is the one from the MOTDS 2-pack, since I collect every Maul fig and he is the only one I'm still missing:)
as for the others, Jango KE is just a bad choice, I don't really care for the Leia, already have the Han, and the C-3PO, I'll probaby get him since I still don't have a OT 3PO, but I'd rather have the removable limbs one
if they re-release more figs, I hope they'll pick Zuckuss, Ishi Tib, Ree-yees and maybe Leia in Boushh disguise, although I rather want a resculpt of the Leia

sunshine
02-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Hasbro should re-release R2-D2 with holo Leia and Ree Yees

snakeplkn
02-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Of all the figures to re-release, only Masters of the Darkside Maulis are appealing to the collecting community. The other 4 were so easy to get and the secondary market is flooded with them. I remember seeing nearly 50 Commtech Han Solos just laying around at Toys R Us. However I'm sure all these reissues will sell well, except for Jango.

If Hasbro wanted to sell even more, they should release these:

Darktrooper
Spacetrooper
Clone Emperor
Dark Leia
Dark Luke
Admiral Motti
Captain Piett
Imperial Scanning Trooper
COMMTech Leia
COMMTech R2-D2
TC-14
R2-B1
Naboo Royal Guard
Ree-Yees
MMC C-3PO
International Pit Droids

COMMTECH R2-D2, TC-14 and R2-B1 are surefire sellers. The only R units not to sell well were R3-T7 and POTJ R2-D2.

However I wonder how well these would sell on the mass market, despite their rarity or supposed rarity:

Holographic Sidious
Sio Bibble
Queen Amidala (Battle)
Darth Maul (from the Obi-wan 2 pack)
Obi-Wan (from the Obi-wan 2 pack)
Ishii Tibb
Rorworr

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

jedi-cpa
02-11-2003, 09:51 AM
This is great news because it appears that this may cut down on the resculpts! I don't need every fig in every package, I just want one of each. This is awesome.

I'll pass on the repacks, but this also gives the opportunity if there is a fig that they begin and then cease a certain line (example Sio Bibble) there is a secand chance to get him in the rare package. So for the complete completists, they can go nuts on eBay, but for others that just want the fig, we have a chance. I hope Hasbro does this. If they short us in one package, card him on the next.

jedi-cpa
02-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Is this a repack? Or is it even happening? What about Eeth Koth and rebel and imperial officers?

Are these figs different than the POTF line?:"

Rogue II
02-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jedi-cpa
Is this a repack? Or is it even happening? What about Eeth Koth and rebel and imperial officers?

Are these figs different than the POTF line?:"

Teebo an Eeth Koth are re-packs from the POTJ line.

The Rebel and Imperial Officer are also from the POTJ line, but each have 2 new head sculpts. If you look, there are threads about each of them with pictures

aceguide
02-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I agree with a lot of you that there are much better figures to re-release out there. These choices seem very odd. Heck - until recently the fan club had the c3po for like $1.49!

jedi-cpa
02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Rogue II

Thanks for the reply, I saw the threads on the imperial officer and Rebel soldier, still not sure if I'll purchase.

But I will definitley not repurchase Teebo and Eeth Koth if they are the same fig.

Darkross
02-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Would it be possible that the repacks are merely figures that didn't sell well first time around and then sent back to Hasbro, who repacked them under the Saga line? This happened with the KB Toys 4 packs. C'mon B-Wing... and Y-Wing...re-release! Oh yeah and don't forget about the Tatooine Skiff!

mrmiller
02-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
. C'mon B-Wing... and Y-Wing...re-release! Oh yeah and don't forget about the Tatooine Skiff!

I hear you. They re-released the Tie-Bomber, so here is hoping the Targe Exclusives will get a re-release too. I've never seen a Target exclusive in the store besides the accessory sets.

=MATT=

sith_killer_99
02-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Well thank goodness I'm not a completist anymore, thanks to Hasbro's SAGA line.:rolleyes:

I will pass on each and everyone of these.

Let's see, how long did CommTech Han clog pegs @ $1.97 each? I even bought 2-3 "All-New Likeness" Leia's for $2.00 a pop.:rolleyes: As for Jango, I really don't even need to got there do I.

My GOD what were they thinking? "All-New Likeness Leia"?!?!?! This was a perfect oportunity to give collectors a chance to get the hooded CT Leia, I still need a loose one for my collection.

I just don't see the point, it's almost like re-issuing Ewok Celebration Leia! :eek:

The only figures here that weren't peg warmers were C-3PO and Maul, and I have the MOTDS (loose and MOMC).

Oh well, it look like I will have to tollerate these things warming pegs, yet again.

Turbowars
02-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You may not care, but the new collectors and collectors that joined up due to E1 and E2 care. A lot of people don't like dealing with Ebay, and depending on the figures you can't get them cheaper on Ebay. Leia: Commtech, C-3PO: MMC Coin, and Maul: MotD go for more then $5.00 on Ebay. And then there is shipping also. If kids want a figure, they're parents are more likely to walk into a store and buy them one. Not deal with Ebay. Ebay sucks.

How exacly are they trying to milk you dry? By putting figures out that you stated that you don't need? Damn, that's a confusing attempt to get your money. If you don't like/need/want them, then don't buy them. Damn, it's so silly to read how Hasbro is milking people, when you're the one holding the wallet. :)

Jar Jar Binks What the hell are you talking about, the only rare figure that is being re-released is Maul. Hasbro is Milking the whole line. They keep producing crap. Should I jump on you about how you think e-bay Sucks? There's millions of people that don't agree with you JJB, E-bays Stock shows it, so don't get all excited. My God. :D

Beast
02-11-2003, 12:45 PM
At 1 per case, which the most recent case lists from EE state, none of the figures are going to warm pegs. So what if the figures warmed a bit in 1999/2000. That was 3-4 years ago, and E1 and E2 have brought a lot of new collectors into the hobby. Nothing wrong with giving them a chance to get a few of these figures. :)

Jargo, the MotD Maul is one of the best Darth Maul figures. The face sculpt is superior, he has ball jointed arms, and cut joint on his right elbow. It's also one of the few Maul's to actual have the correct length blades in his lightsaber. :)

Originally posted by turbowars
What the hell are you talking about, the only rare figure that is being re-released is Maul. Hasbro is Milking the whole line. They keep producing crap. Should I jump on you about how you think e-bay Sucks? There's millions of people that don't agree with you JJB, E-bays Stock shows it, so don't get all excited. My God. :D
Unfortunatly, rare depends on area. What is commen in one area, is rare in another. Besides, I said hard to find. Not rare. Like I said before, you don't have to buy them. Complain all you want, but not everyone has been collecting since 1995 like you. If a kid wants a Han Solo, Princess Leia, C-3PO, etc., why should their parents be forced to go to Ebay for them? So what if millions of people use Ebay? It's also one of the reasons the figures are harder to find then they used to be. Anyone can grab them from the pegs and throw them online to make some scratch. So it does suck, for collectors and kids that want the figures. Just like people that steal from stores, that think they deserve things for free. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-11-2003, 01:01 PM
LOL, what a jerk. It's funny how you can be cool in one forum and then be such a punk in another.

JON9000
02-11-2003, 01:01 PM
If we must have a leia reissue, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bespin figure that was included in the Leia 2 pack. That was a great figure, the best Leia to date, or at least tied with Bespin Escape

Beast
02-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
If we must have a leia reissue, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bespin figure that was included in the Leia 2 pack. That was a great figure, the best Leia to date, or at least tied with Bespin Escape
The PLC Leia: Bespin is actually in need of a resculpt. The basic figure is ok, other then being a bit to tall. But the cape is inaccurate from the movie version of the outfit. A new Leia: Bespin with a plastic cape, has been needed for a while. I think plastic would be a better choice, since it would be tough to replicate her cape in soft goods, and keep the detailed patterns. Though POTJ Lando's cape is a step in the right direction, I still don't think they could pull it off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, thanks for the info o the Maul JJB. I wasn't aware of how superior he was. him having ball jointed shoulders makes him vastly superior...

But after thinking about it last night in bed as i lay there unable to sleep. I have decided that i think the threepio is a good choice. I really like that threepio. His legs aren't wide apart,he has the removable arm which moves in the joint to give him a different look to the normal one. The dirt on his front can be repainted green to make a jabba's palace threepio. He previously came on a flashback card so he was pretty hard to get hold of over here and quite pricey too. Same with han commtech. There just weren't too many around leia all new likeness represents a decent leia in her pose as a gunslinging princess. It's a fair face sculpt and the proportions are alright. She spent little time onscreen with her hood up so this one is really THE Leia to release as an action figure. If i was going to re-release the commtech one I'd release her as a 2-pack with R2 and give her an accessory of that black data chip she pushes into R2.
Han is okay i suppose buy that scene specific arm is horrible and they really should joint that shoulder better so he can put his arm down. If he had the use of both arms i'd say it was the best han ever.
Maul, well for those that like him i'm sure there will be wet panties right now. He leaves me totally cold and i really wouldn't care if i never saw another maul figure in my lifetime. Perhaps if Lucas had done something with the character instead of using him like an athletic circus clown. Maul really is a stupid character. A bit like boba fett really, Which brings me to jango - what can i say but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Darth Trymybestus
02-11-2003, 05:10 PM
what we need is a reissue/resculpt of Han Solo from Bespin! :)

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Which brings me to jango - what can i say but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And what is wrong with Jango Fett?! The more figures we have of him, the better, each Jango Fett figure (apart from the deluxe), have all been fantastic!
Bring on the Kamino Flying Deluxe Jango Fett I say, which looks to be the best posed Jango yet! :)
And it's like JarJar said, for the people that didn't the figures originally, they don't have to resort to Ebay.
I know Kamino Escape wasn't rare when the figures came out but I'm sure someplaces don't have it anymore. :)

Beast
02-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
what we need is a reissue/resculpt of Han Solo from Bespin! :)
Well, the ultimate Han: Bespin was just released about 2 years ago in POTJ. So I don't think a new sculpt is all that needed. Not even sure about a reissue this soon, maybe a bit later down the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
That figure is fantastic, I can't find it anywhere so I'm hoping for either a new SAGA Han Solo Bespin figure or to get that figure.
The best Han Solo figure for me has to be the POTF commtech figure, which is your favorite Han figure Jar Jar? :)

Rogue II
02-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I have decided that i think the threepio is a good choice. I really like that threepio. His legs aren't wide apart,he has the removable arm which moves in the joint to give him a different look to the normal one. The dirt on his front can be repainted green to make a jabba's palace threepio.

Excellent idea. I going to have to try that.

I wonder if Hasbro will include any accessories with these re-released figures. I doubt they will, but it would be nice if they threw in one of the sand colored stands with C-3PO.

Beast
02-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Depends on the movie. The POTF2 commtech is pretty much the best ANH Han. A few people don't like way the hand is posed, but it's still lightyears ahead of most of the Han's. The POTJ Han: Bespin is pretty much my favorite of all the various Han's though. I don't think any Han could beat that one. No matter what. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I wonder if Hasbro will include any accessories with these re-released figures. I doubt they will, but it would be nice if they threw in one of the sand colored stands with C-3PO.
They are being repackaged with new stands, and possibly new accessories. So I'm sure you'll get a nice Tatooine base for the C-3PO. :)

Much like we did during the Original Trilogy, these "re-released" figures will remain unchanged and will be decorated in the same fashion as their original release; however, each will come in the updated 2003 packaging and will include a figure base.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
02-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Quick Question, does the MOTS Maul have a removeable body ? like the POTJ Final Battle Maul does ?? and if not do you think they would insert that in there?

Beast
02-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Nope, the MOTD Maul doesn't have spilt in half action. Thankfully, since there was 2 other Maul's that had the same feature. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Law Student
02-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I agree with all three choices from the OT, especially C-3PO. I missed that 3PO the first time, and I definitely plan on getting him this time around. As far as CommTech Han goes, I know this is probably wishful thinking, but he really should come with all of his accessories, including the CommTech chip! There's room enough in that bubble! As for Princess Leia... at least it's not the monkey-faced version. Darth Maul... okay, it will be the first non-EU sculpt released in awhile (correct me if I'm wrong), so I can see that. But Jango KE? :eek: LOL

Anyway, here's an idea for Hasbro while they're in the re-releasing mood. I've often thought that AT ALL TIMES, there should ALWAYS be Stormtroopers available AT THE STORE (I know, I know, the fan club, but hear me out...). I think that would definitely be in keeping with the spirit of availability. And heck, that's even the example of repackaging shown on the official Web site from the vintage line. It must be hard for the kids to play OT these days without any Stormies in the toy line.

Paul-Kenobi
02-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Dang well do you think they will give him a metal saw in haif dubble bladed lightsaber with remobeable blades ?

187-Maul
02-11-2003, 06:30 PM
I have a quick question about the MOTDS maul: are both blades of his lightsaber removable or just one? and I hope they'll still give him his old lightsaber and won't give him the new metal lightsaber, unless they make newer LONGER blades for the metal hilt since the current ones (from sith lord) are really short, even shorter then the hilt itself!

Beast
02-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
Dang well do you think they will give him a metal saw in haif dubble bladed lightsaber with remobeable blades ?
No clue, they have confirmed new bases packed with the old figures. The addition of new accessories is just a rumor right now. We'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind a few pack-ins to up the play value on these guys. :)

Originally posted by 187-Maul
I have a quick question about the MOTDS maul: are both blades of his lightsaber removable or just one? and I hope they'll still give him his old lightsaber and won't give him the new metal lightsaber, unless they make newer LONGER blades for the metal hilt since the current ones (from sith lord) are really short, even shorter then the hilt itself!
Just one end of the saber is removable. I don't know why they didn't make both ends removable, a bit silly if you ask me. But I guess they were going for the fact he could use it single bladed or double bladed. It's atleast the correct length, unlike most of the Maul figure lightsabers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-11-2003, 06:38 PM
that was fast, thanx:)
BTW, I just noticed from a pic, is it the same saber as the one from Darth Maul Sith Lord (soft goods)?

Beast
02-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Nope, not exactly. The blade length on the Darth Maul: Sith Lord figure are still shorter then they should be. The MOTD Maul's Lightsaber actually seems closer to the Deluxe Maul's, as that one is almost the same. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
And what is wrong with Jango Fett?! The more figures we have of him, the better, each Jango Fett figure (apart from the deluxe), have all been fantastic!

A new Jango would be better than one that you can easily find. If not on ebay, online stores, collector shops, conventions, and most likely some stores could still have'em floating around.

Beast
02-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Exactly, that's why it's the only choice that I really have to say is stupid. If Hasbro really wanted to make another Jango, there is his Apartment Jammies outfit that hasn't been done yet. There would be a heck of a lot less complaining over that, then with the current choice to recard KA Jangers. Hell, if they wanted so badly to make another armored Jango, there is the poncho version from the deleted scenes. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
02-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, the ultimate Han: Bespin was just released about 2 years ago in POTJ. So I don't think a new sculpt is all that needed. Not even sure about a reissue this soon, maybe a bit later down the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wait a minute, you guys seem to ignoring the best, "definitive" Han Solo ever: POTJ - Death Star Escape!
He is truly the best sculpt, scale, appearance, attitude! :D

You can't compare any other Han with this bad@$$ dude!

Kidhuman
02-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah re-releasing a pegwarmer is absurd. Make a new Jango to join the rest of the pegwarmers instead of having 2 of the same taking up shelf space.

Beast
02-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Wait a minute, you guys seem to ignoring the best, "definitive" Han Solo ever: POTJ - Death Star Escape!
He is truly the best sculpt, scale, appearance, attitude! :D
You can't compare any other Han with this bad@$$ dude!
That Han is ok, though he does have problems. His face is really odd, the big pointy nose really throws it off. The hair isn't bad though. But I think in the end, the fact that he doesn't have a regular blaster pistol or holster, and has the StormTrooper belt on, makes it less superior to the Commtech Han. Though you are right, he is a very very nice ANH Han. The 25th Anniversary Han is really nice also, for an action posed one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-11-2003, 08:20 PM
The 25th Anniversary Han is really nice also, for an action posed one. :)

Except that he has a bad case of monkey face...

I thought about it and I actually do have that Leia somewhere.. just gots to find her..

Beast
02-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Actually, when the figure came out we had the same debate about the face. But comparing it to the promo picture, the face is one of the best Harrison Ford likenesses that Hasbro's done. The problem is, that in the promo picture, Han's hair is different. So that's why he looks off to so many people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Thing with DS han is that he has a weird pose that can't be changed easily. Commtech han has knees and a good head sculpt and a holster and stuff, it's just his outstretched arm that hampers him, if you pose him with his arm down it sort of looks a little bit non macho if you catch my drift. ;) Not that there is anything wrong with that at all. but it just isn't han really. Not that aspect..... 25th han is good but he can't stand without a base. And he has the haircut from pre-production costume test shots not the movie. My favourite non ANH Han is bespin captive han. That's a fine figure indeed. Nice and casual. :)

jedi-cpa
02-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Is the original figs in the old packs will still hold their value, while giving folks the chance to complete their collections. I remember how ****** I got when the fan club rereleased the exact same reeyees and death star trooper. I spent $50 a piece on those. I got hosed.

Anywho, if they rerelease the skiff and y-wing, and are easier to come by, I'll buy them at retail and resell my more rare POTF ones.

And re:eBay sucking. EBay doesn't suck, the bidders do, they are idiots. Bidding 10 times $1 each time. You are silly, bid your max bid call it a day. Don't bid 15 times dopes.

But as someone who used to sell, boy do I miss free yahoo auctions.

Turbowars
02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Watch out Jedi-cpa, here he comes.:stupid: :stupid: :D

Beast
02-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Ebay sucks, because it creates an easy and inflated secondary market. Which causes greedy people, to buy things that they have no need for, just to make a buck. Therefor taking them out of the hands of collectors and kids, that would otherwise be buying them for themselves. So yes, Ebay does suck. It hurts the hobby more then it helps. Figures would be a hell of a lot easier to find, if Ebay wasn't around. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Your right Jargo it is a fine figure. Hasbro should look at that figure and then look at some of the stuff they are putting out now *cough* Acklay Battle Obi-Wan *cough*.

I never saw the Promo picture for Han and Chewie's 25th aniversary set JarJar, but Han still looks like a monkey to me.