PDA

View Full Version : Seeing things?

hamsterboy
11-11-2001, 01:06 AM
I was Target today and saw on their shelf that the Luke w/Speeder Bike was $49.99. Is that the right price? If it is, no wonder they didn't have any left.

Wolfwood319
11-11-2001, 01:10 PM
Yes, I believe that is the correct price, which is a nice markdown from the $79.99 that the Sandtrooper w/ Dewback was.

GNT
11-12-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
I was Target today and saw on their shelf that the Luke w/Speeder Bike was $49.99. Is that the right price? If it is, no wonder they didn't have any left.

If they were still on shelves in a months time it'll be down to like $20!

Obi-Don
11-12-2001, 08:33 AM
And the powers to be at Target wonder why they don't sell a lot of thier Star Wars items. Price maybe?;)

Wolfwood319
11-12-2001, 02:30 PM
My advice, go take one and stash it somewhere safe, go back in a couple months, and they're sure to be discounted. Just look at the B-Wing.

El Chuxter
11-12-2001, 03:35 PM
GNT's right. Target is pretty screwy with exclusives (and toys in general). They mark everything down below cost eventually. I got 12" Captain Tarpals there for $12, Simpsons Town Hall for $4.94, and the 12" Sebulba for $7--the first time I ever saw him anywhere!

The B-Wing came out, what, two months ago? And now it's selling for what, fifty cents? This despite the fact that it's the Christmas season, when parents who ordinarily don't pay big bucks for toys do just that. Why not leave it at the originaly price until after December? Stupid, just plain stupid.

hamsterboy
11-13-2001, 12:57 AM
Well,looks like I need to check the other Targets in my area and see what I can turn up.

GNT
11-13-2001, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
GNT's right. Target is pretty screwy with exclusives (and toys in general). They mark everything down below cost eventually. I got 12" Captain Tarpals there for $12, Simpsons Town Hall for $4.94, and the 12" Sebulba for $7--the first time I ever saw him anywhere!

GNT is always right!I whish the Targets here would mark things down to 5ocents :( or if they had something to begin with in the first place...

Rollo Tomassi
11-13-2001, 09:22 AM
I really appreciate the way Target marks down the price ON AN EMPTY SHELF SPACE!!!

WHOO-HOO!! Skiffs and Y-Wings marked down to $15!!! EXCEPT THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING THERE YOU **@#*$*@*$ sons of *##$( eating &#@@#$( with a giant @!^@* in your !!#@*@* taking it up the @#!!*@* your facist @##(@!

GOD I HATE YOU TARGET!!!!!!

OC47150
11-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Hey, at least your Targets are stocking Star Wars!!!

There are eight Targets in my area and I know from personal experience at least four of them are not stocking SW at all!!! Three other Targets continue to do so (I know this again from personal experience and from friends) and I don't know about the final one since it's a bit out of the way and I don't get there that much.

The three stores that are carrying are bigger volume stores, so that might be the difference.

Frustrating, huh????

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hamsterboy

Heck, it's a wonder they have sold any at all. I thought it was insane to pay $40 for that POC B-Wing, now they have this at $50?! I guess the CEO of Target needs a new Jaguar for X-Mas.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-13-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Heck, it's a wonder they have sold any at all. I thought it was insane to pay $40 for that POC B-Wing, now they have this at $50?! I guess the CEO of Target needs a new Jaguar for X-Mas.

Target is a little pricey compared to other retailers. That's why many pronounce the name of the store Tar - zhay.

But one thing I do appreciate about Target is that it seems they stock their Star Wars items at varying times throughout the day, compared to the usual predictabilty of Toys R Us and other stores. That way, you and me have an equal chance with the scalpers of finding them.

POTJ prices in my area (and I assume everywhere else):

6.44 - Wal-Mart
6.74 (have seen 6.79) - Target
6.88 K-mart (they rolled back their POTJ prices a big 11 cents)
6.99 TRU
7.99 KB
8.99 Electronic Boutique

derek
11-13-2001, 08:50 PM
one thing about target i and a few of my friends have noticed is that all the hot chicks shop there. on my usual toy runs, it's almost like there is an aisle of hot chicks. i wish they'd mark them down!:). now drive on down to walmart and you're lucky to get a full set of teeth from three ladies.

and don't get me started on k mart.

GNT
11-14-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by derek
one thing about target i and a few of my friends have noticed is that all the hot chicks shop there. on my usual toy runs, it's almost like there is an aisle of hot chicks. i wish they'd mark them down!:).

Why god why??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHOO-HOO!! Skiffs and Y-Wings marked down to $15!!! EXCEPT THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING THERE

TRU here has them still at the original price of $59.95 each!

OC47150
11-14-2001, 07:52 AM
If there is a Meijer in your area, check them out. I've seen figures there for $5.88.

There is even price differences between the various Targets and KMarts. I've found that out recently.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 09:19 AM
one thing about target i and a few of my friends have noticed is that all the hot chicks shop there. on my usual toy runs, it's almost like there is an aisle of hot chicks. i wish they'd mark them down!:). now drive on down to walmart and you're lucky to get a full set of teeth from three ladies.

and don't get me started on k mart.

Why Derek! You mean you have to pay for your women? ;)

Target is a little pricey compared to other retailers. That's why many pronounce the name of the store Tar - zhay.

If that's the case, then KB must stand for Kiss my Butt. Their prices are so ridiculous compared with everyone else.

OC47150
11-14-2001, 12:02 PM
I'd take the Fifth Amendment if I were you, Derek. It's the smart thing!

derek
11-14-2001, 05:25 PM
yea, it was like this: " hey baby, i'll give you a mint on card sio bibble if you'd go out with me.".:)

as she walks away, i yell" O.K., how about if i throw in a mint in box skiff?":)

master jedi
11-14-2001, 08:39 PM
yea, it was like this: " hey baby, i'll give you a mint on card sio bibble if you meet me out back".:)

as she walks away, i yell" O.K., how about if i throw in a mint in box skiff?":)

You just might be arrested if you use these lines. Sio Bibble and Skiff could be taken the wrong way if you know what I mean.

OC47150
11-15-2001, 07:41 AM
Especially in some parts of the country!

I dare you to try the skiff pickup line this weekend!!

master jedi
11-15-2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
Especially in some parts of the country!

Only you would know.:p

OK. I'll do it.

derek
11-15-2001, 04:21 PM
am i missing something? is the skiff being re-released at target this weekend?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2001, 04:32 PM

You mean like, "Hey baby, is that a skiff in your shorts or are you happy to see me." :eek:

OC47150
11-15-2001, 05:07 PM
Exactly!

Or, "Come back to my place, baby, and let's play Jabba and slave Leia!"

(God, you can tell it's been a long day!!! My demented mind is kicking into overdrive!!!)

master jedi
11-15-2001, 05:34 PM
(God, you can tell it's been a long day!!! My demented mind is kicking into overdrive!!!)
At least you're not as demented as me.:)

OC47150
11-16-2001, 07:27 AM
Give me enough time and I think I can meet you on whatever plateau you're on!

master jedi
11-16-2001, 03:28 PM
Give me enough time and I think I can meet you on whatever plateau you're on!

I don't think that's possible. I'm pretty demented.

OC47150
11-16-2001, 03:44 PM
I have to admit, today isn't one of my better days -- four hour business planning meeting, getting up early because of fire trucks at next door neighbors. Brain is starting to crash.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2001, 08:30 PM
Don't forget the employees that work at Target. You can't beat them. There's nary a 40 year old or over employee there. The ones in my area are chock full of late teen or twentysomething buxom blondes. I am sure I can swoon some of them, but a major turnoff for them I'm sure is when I walk down the Star Wars aisle.:o

The K-marts and especially the Wal-Marts have no were near the caliber of beauties seen at Target. (I think TRU comes second). Everytime I walk in Wally-Mart, there is a 100 year old woman with purple hair and her dentures falling out, there to greet me.:confused:

Sean the Hutt
11-16-2001, 09:12 PM
There are so many milfs and babes at Target, I agree. "hey baby I'll show you my Porkins if you show show me your Labria!" oh god,did I say that? oh geez...