PDA

View Full Version : Carded Pic of Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation: Total Control

Master ToNone
02-10-2003, 08:11 PM
:D :eek: :p

It's on Ebay and I am not endorsing the site, the seller, or the high price.
But hey, check out Mace with the new DARK brown robe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3113742390

:crazed: :crazed:

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Will we EVER get a decent Mace Windu?

Beast
02-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Hopefully in the Clone Wars subline. But until then the 2 E1 Mace's are pretty good. Seeing the loose pictures of this Mace on GH shows that it's a pretty fun toy. So the kids may like it. The arms definatly have a lot of movement to them.

I'll probably get 2, one for my set and one for the robe. Quick slit down each side from the arm hole and toss it on Anakin for a good sleeveless Jedi robe. Will work great as a neutral cloth cloak for the Secret Ceremony Ani. As well as giving a cloak that will work for the Ani from Owen's Speeder. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-10-2003, 09:08 PM
But he has a huge rod coming out of his belly. That's gross. Not to mention that with a fixed saber hilt that big it's going to make a really nasty weapon in some little tykes hands. How did that get past the toy safety regs? Thought pointed objects had to be soft plastic. Are hasbro breaking the regs again? surely not. A reputable company like hasbro doing something bad. Great Scott! perish the thought.

Master ToNone
02-10-2003, 11:51 PM
JJB,
What are GH shows? I'd love to see some Mace arena in action.

And great thinking on the robe doubling for use with Anakin. Now we have a robe and a swoop bike coming, we just have to replace that head on Ani (Owen's Swoop).

Beast
02-11-2003, 12:09 AM
It's Galactic Hunter, they had some loose shots of the Mace being used up over there. He seems to work pretty good, so he should be fun for the kiddies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
02-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Hey, that's neat. I finally realized that ball thing is used to navigate Mace's arms around. I do hope it's removable though.
I also wonder if the cape is removable, if the hood can go "up", and if his sleeves can be removed as well. :p

I also checked out Boba Fett and Anakin, both are looking good.
But R2-D2 just plain sucks:dead: , I can't get myself to like it no matter how hard I try.

Beast
02-11-2003, 12:25 AM
From what I read, it's not easily removable. It's connected thru his chest to the back of his lightsaber. I guess you could saw it off and pull it out. But it's not going to just pop off. It's still fun looking, but hopefully this will be the first and last figure that it's ever used on. It's hopeless as a display figure. :eek: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-11-2003, 01:00 AM
So . . . when I turn the wheel piece on his back, he'll walk around like a wind up toy? :confused:

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-11-2003, 01:51 AM
This is c**p. I don't recall Mace Windu lolipop impalement from any scene in AOTC.

Lewis
02-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Why do they make these stupid gimmicks? Yet another one to ignore..:( :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Ah, good ole' ebay. Pre-order him for the low low price of 20 dollars plus shipping and handling. Looks like a decent fig, i'll prolly pick him up. cheers!! :D

Kidhuman
02-11-2003, 08:12 AM
That figure looks horrible. I agree we need a good mace Windu.
What is that gimmick thing? Stuff like that makes me happy I don't open my figs.

jblodgett
02-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Wind-up Mace????????????????

dirtybones
02-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Man if Hasbro keeps this up ( all the gimmicks ) I'm done!!!!
I really hope this is the only figure to have this type of junk on it.

Master ToNone
02-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Emperors_Hand_2211
This is c**p. I don't recall Mace Windu lolipop impalement from any scene in AOTC.

"lolipop impalement" is the best name for this figure I've heard. Perhaps the best for any 2003 figure.

jblodgett
02-11-2003, 08:58 AM
This is perhaps my FAVORITE view of him....

http://www.**************.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=2452&text=&imageid=1733&box=&shownew=

Master ToNone
02-11-2003, 09:04 AM
"What a piece of junk"

check out better pics...
http://www.**************.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=2452

if you take the blade out, it looks like Mace turned the weapon on himself and said "I've had enough of this, I'm killing myself"

Is Samuel L. Jackson aware of what they are doing to him? He wouldn't OK this.

Jaff
02-11-2003, 09:33 AM
More garbage for the pile of forgotten figs. I'm still waiting for to see some exciting figures to be released. Is that a conciet?

aceguide
02-11-2003, 09:52 AM
I'm glad to hear all the complaints. There should be plenty on the pegs for me to pick up.

I know a 6 year old that will think this feature in excellent. Movement in lightsaber batles has always been a "full body experience" - now there will be another option.

I agree with everyone that the action features detract - however - I also enjoy watchin kids play, and every action feature thus far has added playability - AND makes those figures more popular. Hasbro has to appeal to a lot of demographics - so pass on this one and search out Ephant - the kids have no idea who that is.

187-Maul
02-11-2003, 04:59 PM
wouldn't it be possible to cut off the handle, pull out the whole device and then fill the hole with sculpey and repaint it the correct color? then the Mace would actually look cool, although the cloak still looks strange IMO

Darth Detori
02-11-2003, 05:07 PM
no greater has there been a time to be a non-completist!

Beast
02-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
wouldn't it be possible to cut off the handle, pull out the whole device and then fill the hole with sculpey and repaint it the correct color? then the Mace would actually look cool, although the cloak still looks strange IMO
Possibly, depends on how rubbery the arms are. If they are really floppy, then when they don't have the rod there, they'll droop. They don't look that soft though, but it's hard to tell in pictures sometimes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
I would like to tell everyone...I am a completist...and it is getting REEAAALYY REALLLLLLLLLY hard to buy each figure. I think this Mace just put the knife in my collection. I think I will change my mind and get only the "good" figures. I hate to do it...but hasbro made me!! :mad:

Paul-Kenobi
02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
so if you wanted to with some work you could remove the rod right ??? or do you have to saw it off ?

Do the arm's have a jont from sholder's to arm or are they just stuck in that pose ?

Jargo
02-11-2003, 07:19 PM
I was checkin' out the pics and wondering about the arm joints too. Wonderin' if they'll be made from that same boneless chicken rubbery stuff they made the Acklay guts from. I might buy one of these just to mutillate and see if it is possible to remove the workings without completely sdestroying the statue. He's not a bad statue without that great big ramrod through him. looks like that scene from the Omen (whicher number it was) where the scaffolding falls and one of the pipes goes straight through the guy. Was that the omen? one of those type of movies anyway.
Something i did notice on the *banned site* pictures is how shiny the head was. Like he'd been sugar glazed or something.

Wonder if han hoth will be sugar frosted..... :rolleyes: lame joke Jargo...

I really hope and ask the spirits that be to send lightning bolts and furious vengeance down upon the person who came up with this idea. let it die with this statue never to rear its ugly head again.

Darth Trymybestus
02-11-2003, 07:31 PM
ok, the lightsaber seems attached to the figure and it looks like it has a piece of plastic that goes through the lightsaber, woah, I normally don't mind action features but this one is shocking!

Chiesa
02-12-2003, 01:39 PM
He looks pretty fun to play with if i were a kid.

I will probably still pick him up... I do think he is much better than any of the SAGA Mace.

mylow thehutt
02-12-2003, 02:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D HOLY!!! THIS FIGURE IS OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!

:rolleyes: Thats what I would be saying if they left that torchering Pin wheel on the drawing board, I can handel littel stubs nubbing out or maby Obi-wan doing perverted actions but this...this hunk of CRAP!!! is too much. Yeah I'll be picking up one it will go great with my coolection.:cool: