PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Perfect is Dead.....

Fulit
02-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey, remember Mr. Perfect, the wrestler from the 80's WWF? Well, they found him dead in his hotel room. Poor Mr. Perfect.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-10-2003, 09:00 PM
I heard about that too. Goodbye Mr. Perfect :(

QLD
02-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Yes, very sad. He was an excellent wrestler. I am curious to hear the cause, as I don't "believe" he had any health conditions or that he was on steroids.

My condolences to Curt Henning's family and friends.

Lord Malakite
02-10-2003, 09:38 PM
I guess he wasn't perfect after all. :cry:

Kidhuman
02-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Wow...I would guess an Od of some sort but who knows. He was a good wrestler. He will be missed.

mabudonicus
02-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Man, that bums me out.....

Perfectly:cry:

Just to touch on the good for a second, as this is a memorial of sorts, remember when he came to the WWF and therre was that bit showing him doing everything perfectly??? His character (and the totally ridiculous attitude he sported) were totally hilarious, he had a pretty repectable straight face, and as a wrestler he was pretty darn good too..... I loved it when he was flairs buddy too, those 2 together were almost too much fun to watch...

I'm gonna put someone in the perfect plex today in his memory.
A fond farewell to Mr.Perfect:cry:

Huckleberry Josh
02-12-2003, 01:51 PM
That Sucks! He was a pretty good wrestler. I remember one time on Wrestling when they made it look like Mr. Perfect threw a football 100 yards and then ran all the way down the field to catch it.That was hilarious.He was pretty funny to watch.My prayers go out to his family and friends.

The Overlord Returns
02-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Apparently he was doing that in his hotel room, and promptly flung himself over the balcony in an attempt to catch the football....

Good lord I'm going to hell....

Fulit
02-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Apparently he was doing that in his hotel room, and promptly flung himself over the balcony in an attempt to catch the football....

Good lord I'm going to hell....

Did that really happen or are you kidding? Did anyone ever find out what killed him?

The Overlord Returns
02-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Did that really happen or are you kidding? Did anyone ever find out what killed him?

No, I was kidding......I often have a sick and twisted sense of humor.....

If they do know it hasn't popped up anywhere.....unfortunately...it probably had to do with drugs.....

odb
02-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Okay that sucks,

Mr P will be missed, definetly one of the more original and talented guys to have walked the ring.

Unfortunatly it seems he is the latest in aline of wrestlers to pass away that I remember all to well.

QLD
02-12-2003, 04:43 PM
They have said they won't be able to determine the official cause of death for 6 weeks.

The only reports they have, were that the night before he died, he was feeling very naseus and gassy, and he declined to go out for breakfast that morning to sleep in.

Kidhuman
02-12-2003, 10:38 PM
I went to WWE.com and they had a picture gallery for him and an article but no cause of death.

2-1B
02-13-2003, 02:26 AM
Curt Henning was awesome, he was the first wrestler I ever hated. :)
I was just old enough to see him in AWA, when he coldcocked Greg Gagne with a fist of rolled quarters to win a match.

Soon after, he went to WWF as Mr. P and I hated him.
That's saying a lot, since in later years I only laughed at the humor of most heels. But Henning had that Perfect schtick down SOOOOO good that it irked me. :D

Good idea mabudon, I may have to dish out a few PerfectPlexes to some friends this weekend. :cry:

scruffziller
02-13-2003, 08:13 AM
A wrestling legend...........:cry: :zzz:

I had many funfilled afternoons watching him back in '87.

Jedi Master Silas
02-13-2003, 02:25 PM
We saw him several times in person. He worked with my husbands cousin. He seemed to be a real funny guy.:zzz:

mabudonicus
02-15-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm just curious, Silas- what kind of work was it they were doing?? If it's wrestling, who's your husband's cousin??

Jedi Master Silas
02-16-2003, 12:29 PM
His wrestling name is Rakishi. My hubbys family has a long line of wrestlers in their family.

Kidhuman
02-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Is your hubby a wrestler too?

Tonysmo
02-17-2003, 12:47 AM
so wait a minute - your husbands cousin is RAKISHI?!? NO WAY!!! I want an autograph!! My son would love that! That guy was great, although I havent seen him wrestle in sometime.. what gives??

mabudonicus
02-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Thanks Silas... Wow, I thought you were going to say he was security or some kind of Business level guy... Rikishi?? Wicked, he seems like a pretty funny dude from what I've seen... Is there any truth to the rumour that he was Yokozuna as well??? I've heard that, but don't recall clearly enough if it's true or just that they're both big dudes and the connection just happened...
Thanks again for answering, that's cool:):):)!!

QLD
02-17-2003, 09:45 AM
No, Rikishi isn't Yokozuna, but they were cousins I believe.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-17-2003, 10:30 AM
Hold on a sec- Rikishi?! The "Phat Man"? The "Back that *** up" guy?! He RULES!

Kidhuman
02-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
No, Rikishi isn't Yokozuna, but they were cousins I believe.

And Yokozuna is dead also.

Tonysmo
02-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoai is indeed the cousin of Rakishi and the Rock, and yes, he passed away as well at the age of 34 in Oct. 2000 of natural causes.
It is strange indeed that we see so many wrestler deaths at an alarming young age. We dont see this too much with any other sports. With the exception of spring training it seems...

haggis
02-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Rest in peace, Mr. Perfect.

aharry
02-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Has there been any update to the cause of death? I remember seeing Kurt on AWA wrestling a long time ago when they hour long shows on ESPN. He tagged with Scott Hall at that time. RIP Kurt.

Kidhuman
02-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I don't think there has been an update as of yet. I keep checking wwe.com for any updates though.

Jedi Master Silas
03-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
Thanks Silas... Wow, I thought you were going to say he was security or some kind of Business level guy... Rikishi?? Wicked, he seems like a pretty funny dude from what I've seen... Is there any truth to the rumour that he was Yokozuna as well??? I've heard that, but don't recall clearly enough if it's true or just that they're both big dudes and the connection just happened...
Thanks again for answering, that's cool:):):)!!

LOL no he's not Yokozuna also. My husband thought that comment was funny.
No my husbands not a wrestler but he is a martial artist- turned body builder. I wouldnt rule out that he may wrestle one day. He has the skill but he's not a spring chicken :)