PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Chamber Diorama Help...

Darkross
02-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have a really good picture of the Carbon Chamber? I need a couple of pictures of the ceiling, and the floor. I am in the process of designing a 3.75" scaled diorama. Does anyone have any idea on the relative size of the chamber in 3.75" scale? My initial calculations puts the chamber at about 18 - 20 inches in diameter.

Any help would be appreciated...

Jargo
02-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Niubniub did a diorama of the carbon chamber and if I remember right it turned out pretty well. he has a downloadable floor decal if it's the grile part you want, also the steps with the lit up panels.
http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/home/home.html/home.asp
That's all I can help you with i'm afraid. I think niub got all the metal frames in there looking pretty cool if his is the diorama I'm thinking of. :)

here's a couple of shots of the aparatus above the actual chamber. Is this what you meant by the ceiling?

Darkross
02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks Jargo!

Yes...I've seen NiubNiubs diorama...however the floor pattern isn't the same as the movie. I've been in contact with him and I'm currently designing a movie accurate version of the decals (at least trying to). Thanks for the great pictures...they are exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any idea...based on the pictures what the scale of this thing is? My guess is that it is 18 - 20 inches in diameter...but I'm not sure.

Jargo
02-12-2003, 11:47 AM
I think it's actually smaller than it looks. I would hazard a guess at 12 inches total diameter. I know the movie set was really cramped and they all felt like they'd fall off the sides. If you mean the total size with all the steps and gantries then much bigger because the gantries go off on both sides. So if the center freeze chamber is 12 inches the gantries look to me to be equal lengthand they overlap meeting at the steps in the center so a total width of roughly 28 inches. That's my guesstimate if you want the gantries going off. If it's just the center freeze chamber then 12 inches.
Pure guesstimate only though. :)