PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know what.......

Rabbit4x
02-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I have began to collect the POTJ line and was going to get a lot off ebay. They had 33 of them.
I was wondering whichj figure from the POTJ line wasa rare figure. I want to know what to expect on how much to pay just in case. Which figures are rare and hard to come by?

Rogue II
02-11-2003, 03:39 PM
The clean variation of the Biker Scout was probably the hardest to find.

The rest of them shouldn't be too hard to find.

mtriv73
02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
The black R2 unit wasn't exactly rare, but it was hard to find too. I think it usually goes for $8-10 now. R4-M9is another pricey one. The rest (Clean biker scout being another exception) you should get for $3-6 each. Check closeouts on some online retailer sites. You may get some even cheaper.

Lewis
02-12-2003, 02:55 AM
The Amidala Theed invasion seems to be getting rare,and when it does pop up the price soon rises!! :p

Darkross
02-12-2003, 11:29 AM
The hardest one for me was the Clean Bikerscout. There were plenty of these guys around when they were first released...but I passed on him because he was $11.99 and only at Toys R Us. Then when the dirty bikerscout cameout...I couldn't find the clean ones anywhere. R2-Q5 (Death Star R2 Unit) was hard to find also...but I stumbled across 3 of them at Ames in Bangor, ME. Ames has since closed out. :(

Overall, Clean Bikerscout IMO is the hardest one to find for a decent price.

OC47150
02-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Clean bikerscout, definitely. Never saw him in the stores. Found plenty of the dirty ones.

You have to wonder if Hasbro is going to re-issue these hard to find figures on the Saga card, like some of the others.

OC47150
02-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Come to think about it, the sandtrooper and Aura Sing were hard to find in my area, too. I only found one of each at TRU; the second Sing figure I bought at Suncoast video for $8! The extra sandtroopers came from online toy retailers.

Darkross
02-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by OC47150
Clean bikerscout, definitely. Never saw him in the stores. Found plenty of the dirty ones.

You have to wonder if Hasbro is going to re-issue these hard to find figures on the Saga card, like some of the others.

I Truly Hope So!

aceguide
02-14-2003, 01:28 PM
ANY Biker Scout. Never made it to my area.

The others seemed to surface on a regular basis.

Rogue II
02-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by OC47150

They have already re-issued the Biker Scout...from a certain point of view. He was on the Target accessory pack (granted, his lower torso was backwards). I thought I heard a rumor that the Biker Scout would be put in an Army Builder 4-pack like the Sandtrooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Endor Soldier, and Stormtrooper.

OC47150
02-14-2003, 02:26 PM
From a certain point of view, you're right, Rogue II. I completely forgot about that one. Good catch!

Rogue II
02-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Of course, the Accessory pack had the Dirty version in it. I have never seen the clean version in person. Oh well. I hear the paint that makes him "dirty" is easily removed.

I was thinking about the original question..."Which figures are rare and hard to come by?" Rabbit4x never said if he was a error/variation collector, but...

I thought "Imperial" was spelled incorrectly on R2-Q5 (the black R2). Did they ever correct it? The 3 that I have were all misspelled.

OC47150
02-14-2003, 02:56 PM
I never saw R2-Q5 with the correction but I remember reading somewhere that Hasbro said it corrected the error.

humsup
02-16-2003, 03:18 AM
I almost never sees a Amidala Theed invasion ever on a peg. Thats one most difficult to find fig for me... still missing it in my collection - refuse to pay scalper's price for it :p

Banthaholic
02-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Amidala Theed Invasion $7.99
http://jamstoys.com/store/jedi2.html

Still a dollor or two more than what was normal POTJ price, but heck an extra $2 is worth it IMO for the most diffult figure for you to find

Amy
03-15-2003, 03:58 AM
For me it was Shmi Skywalker. I have yet to see her, but ordered her along with Jek,Obi-Wan(IV), and Obi-Wan cold weather today from BT.

sumdumchum
03-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Folks you are all wrong. The hardest figures to find and most expensive on ebay are TC-14 and the other R2 unit (not the black one) I kick myself now for not picking it up when I saw them TWICE!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! I had no problems finding the clean scout trooper. I have 8 and I got them without even looking very hard. I'll have to excuse myself since I just realized that the figures Im talking about are from EP 1. Whooops! Sorry. Rock on! :p

OC47150
03-20-2003, 08:22 AM
R2-B1 and TC-14 were never spotted in my area.

Darkross
03-20-2003, 11:31 AM
I saw TC-14 once....on a shelf for $35.00 CAN in a specialty shop. I passed on him then spent $35.00 CAN for Hoth Leia...biggest mistake of my collecting life! D'oh!

Turbowars
03-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Ummmm if we are talking about other lines for a second, try a US Freeze Frame Weequay. TC-14 and R2-B1 are a drop in the bucket.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Fode and Beed.

I saw them ONCE and only once!

However, I've no idea what it's going for pricewise???

OC47150
03-25-2003, 08:32 AM
I was fortunate enough to find the 300th Boba Fett with the white sides but only once. I'm glad I got it when I did.

mark2d2
03-26-2003, 05:21 AM
I lucked out and got TC-14 and R2-B1 for retail at a totally overpriced collectibles shop. They arrived in a jacked up box --- the clerk was totally angry and I offered to take them at "Cost" as I'm an opener. So I got them both for about 12 bucks.

I really like these two figs.

TC-14 is IMOP the best protocol sculpt to date. (I sure didn't mind when they reissued it as K3-P0.) And the tray is pretty dang cool too.

R2-B1. A totally unique color scheme. Great accessory. Oh, and I don't even mind the chrome dome. It matches TC-14 so nicely.

Jargo
03-26-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm afraid I have to disagree there Mark, TC-14 aint the best protocol droid sculpt, it's just the one with the legs closest together. The head is all wrong, the thing at the back of the head is too sculpted and the mouth is too pursed and the eyes are too wide open. The head is too tall too. Body wise it's great though. R2-B1 is a little too brightly colored for me. The plastic is semi transluscent somehow and that gives the body a cartoony look i think. If they'd used a duller plastic it would have been fine. Also not having a third leg isn't good. R2-R9 has the third leg and he was just a huble pack in droid. They got these two the wrong way round I reckon.

Hardest to find fig for me is going to have to be everything POTJ since POTJ happened during the great British drought. It was only the first couple of waves we saw at all on general release and after that everything became scarce. I have 99% of the stuff apart from Amidala with ascension gun and MOTDS. I'm not breaking a leg to find them but they are the only non intentional holes in my POTJ collection.

TheDarthVader
03-27-2003, 12:21 PM
I agree that the clean biker scout was a hard to find POTJ figure. I hardly saw Plo Koon or Eeth Koth (to be reissued) either though! What about those two? And POTJ Saesee Tiin.

Patient Zero
03-27-2003, 01:26 PM
The strange thing about this line was that I saw almost all of them (except Plo Koon) in the stores, but some (TC-14, R2-B1, Fode and Beed, Shmi Skywalker, Biker Scout) I saw everywhere for about two weeks and then never again.

chrisc
04-11-2003, 06:00 PM
For me it would be the whole series almost . I live in backwater toen that's not even on mast maps so my walmart gets the three figures almost every week. Even the new lines get the same treatment so i have to go to all the Wal Marts within two hours drive to get what I need. One more thing could somebody post or PM me with the list of all the figures, ships and everything else in the POTJ line. Thanks.

Sentinel18725
04-11-2003, 06:34 PM
The expanded universe figures were hard for me....(Obi Wan Cold Weather, Aprentice Maul, Obi Wan etc.) Also, haven't seen IG88 much either.

JON9000
04-14-2003, 01:58 PM
There were quite a few I never saw. The one that upset me most at the time was the Sandtrooper. Man, what a great line. Way overpriced though. Thank heavens the price has bottomed out.

Dark Marble
04-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Here in Boulder it was very easy to find POTJ figures. That was before the golden age ended and now we can't find anything....ever. But the ones I noticed that only turned up once or twice were clean biker scout and IG-88. The last waves were really hard to find here also.

tgr3328
04-17-2003, 03:00 PM
A nearby Walmart has quite a few Ellorrs Madaks and Bespin Guards. I guess these are the most plentiful in my area. I still see them in the stores. I got a Bespin Guard and asked for the Target 2/$5.00 price.

RussUAE
04-22-2003, 03:36 AM
I've got them all except for Bespin Han!

I've never seen it for less than $20 which seems a bit excessive. There are a few sites which have it for less but hten shipping makes it over $20 anyway. Will prob have to bin my morals at some point and just buy it anyway before it disappears completely.

bobafrett
04-22-2003, 09:10 AM
I was taking my carded figures out last night to photograph and orginize, and low and behold I had both the clean and the dirty bikerscouts. I didn't even realize this, until I came to SSG and found there was a difference. I think I had bought one to open, and one to leave carded, but they both remain carded.

Darkross
04-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I was taking my carded figures out last night to photograph and orginize, and low and behold I had both the clean and the dirty bikerscouts. I didn't even realize this, until I came to SSG and found there was a difference. I think I had bought one to open, and one to leave carded, but they both remain carded.

Always nice to get a surprise like that! Especially when the Clean one is so stinking expensive. I'm thinking of buying the European version just so I can have some kind of Scout Trooper army.