PDA

View Full Version : Master Replica's and Star Trek

dr_evazan22
02-11-2003, 06:09 PM
I received this email today (Tues). Check the MR website Wed for product offerings.

Enjoy!

Dear Ari ,

We at Master Replicas want to share some amazing news with you and the other members of the Collectors Society.

Master Replicas and Viacom, Inc., one of the largest media companies in the world, will announce tomorrow that Master Replicas has been awarded the worldwide license to create and market collectible prop replicas for Star TrekTM, beginning in 2003.

Under the license, Master Replicas will be introducing collectibles spanning all generations of the series and movies, including Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation. More information will be available on our web site starting tomorrow, but we wanted to let you know before anyone else.

Rest assured, Master Replicas is still 100% committed to our Star WarsTM collectors, and to continuing our work with Lucasfilm to offer you the very highest quality Star Wars collectibles available. We have a passion for Star Wars that is matched only by yours!

Nevertheless, we hope you will be excited that a whole new universe of prop replica collectibles from Star Trek will be available soon. As always, we want to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Master Replicas

JediTricks
02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
They had (past tense?) news of this on figures.com and I was thrilled. Granted, I haven't been able to afford anything of MR's yet, though I have very much wanted to, but Trek props have a special place in my heart right next to Luke's ROTJ saber (the close-up version, not the stunt version that Hasbro used to mold the POTF2 role-play toy). I even had a friend make me a couple of PADDs from TNG, they're really cool. I hope MR does a TNG type-2 phaser (not from season 1 though) and a TNG tricorder, those are my most-wanted right now.

AndyW
02-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Being a startrek fan aswell this is good news. Already have a large collection of Bandai star trek weapons from my youth, which are cool but look a little naff nowadays, wrong size and all. Looking forward to seeing what master replicas come up with.

Jayspawn
02-13-2003, 01:52 PM
I was excited when I heard the news. I really want an Original Series Phaser. Looks like I just might get it! HAHA!

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Art Asylum is putting out a toy version real soon, there are pics of it from Toy Fair on figures.com right now. The back looks a little long, but the removable type-1 phaser makes it all worthwhile. :D