PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars "KUBRICK" thread?

Jerjerrod
02-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Just wanted to know where it was. Check them out on the SSG homepage. Also I wanna say these look great. I want them, especially the bounty hunters! :crazed:

The R2 looks even better than the Hasbro ones! Shame on Hasbro. :p

Beast
02-11-2003, 07:42 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14854

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I think Kubrick R2 is fantastic, blows every single 4"-scale R2 Hasbro and Kenner have ever done right out of the water.

Chiesa
02-12-2003, 03:08 AM
Yes i gotta agree with the fact that R2 does look great! I have not seen the other bounty hunters other than Boba...

I would love to get my hands on them!!

jblodgett
02-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Why is it that these toys are NOT being offered in the US??????? The whole set looks pretty damn incredible, and I'd love to get my hands on one!

jpak001
02-12-2003, 11:27 AM
These look sweet! Like most of us here, I'm really looking forward to the Bounty Hunters though. I know Kubricks usually put a secret chase figure in their assortments, anyone know if they'll do that for the Bounty Hunters ?

I like the "earlybird" thing too, very retro. Neat-o!

Chiesa
02-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Has anyone seen this before?

It seems like it is a Star Wars Asia Kubrick Exclusive. My friend is offering me around US$15 for it as he wants to clear his collection. Should I get it?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Beast
02-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Chisa, those sets are bootlegs. They are not real Kubrick figures. The only official Kubricks is the new early bird kit and the upcoming Bounty Hunters set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-12-2003, 01:57 PM
The retro packaging is awesome! Wish Hasbro had half a brain and then they would have come up with something cool like this for the "Classics" they are so determined to repackage . . .

wedgeA
02-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Personally, this is the most exciting collecting news since the first release of the Saga line. I hope that the early bird set finds its way to the US like other Kubrick sets.

Hopefully, they'll branch into doing vehicles. If anyone has seen the TRON Kubrick sets, the quality of the vehicles is great.

To see if is a set is legitimate, look for the Medicom logo, it is the words "Medicom Toy" in red-yellow-blue lettering.

LTBasker
02-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Chisa, those sets are bootlegs. They are not real Kubrick figures. The only official Kubricks is the new early bird kit and the upcoming Bounty Hunters set. :)

Actually I think theres a Scout with Speederbike and a few other figures out. Anyway just look at the accessories of the bootlegs, they're the '95 Kenner weapons!

Jerjerrod
02-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Actually Chiesa, I checked on Ebay under "Star wars kubrick". You'll find the sets that your friend is selling to you. They look like vintage kubricks. The new "early bird" ones are on ebay as well from Japanese sellers. Those are the "brand new" line, and look way better IMO.

I hope these will be available to North America to us.

JediTricks
02-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jblodgett
Why is it that these toys are NOT being offered in the US??????? The whole set looks pretty damn incredible, and I'd love to get my hands on one! I believe it's a licensing conflict with both Hasbro and Lego.

As for that bootleg set, I did an article a while back about them, there was a Han Carbonite offered if you bought all 3 sets as well, so if you're going to jump into those bootlegs, try to get that as well.

bobafrett
02-13-2003, 12:13 AM
I don't know if I have a Kubrick or a knock off. Several months ago, I purchased on eBay a Boba Fett in a tin, and a speeder bike trooper with his bike in a rectangular tin. I pulled them out, and they both have heads that just fall off fairly easy. Are Kubricks known to do this, or did I get ripped off? I see nothing on either tin indicating that they are "Kubricks, but they look like the figures I have seen in this forumn.

bobafrett
02-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Another question, Are the flat looking R2's from the old sets? I think I have seen these at various con's that I've attended. I was just at eBay, and someone had some 2" superdeformed set listed as a "Kubrick".

Chiesa
02-13-2003, 10:19 AM
They may not be official KUBRICK MEDICOM releases. Infact they may just be from some other company which I totally have no idea. I do not think I will be getting it then. Will wait patiently for the early bird ones.

But one thing for sure is that I do like the packaging!!

Cheers all
:D:D:D:D

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I don't know if I have a Kubrick or a knock off. Several months ago, I purchased on eBay a Boba Fett in a tin, and a speeder bike trooper with his bike in a rectangular tin. I pulled them out, and they both have heads that just fall off fairly easy. Are Kubricks known to do this, or did I get ripped off? I see nothing on either tin indicating that they are "Kubricks, but they look like the figures I have seen in this forumn. Kubricks are high-quality, what you got are knockoffs.

BTW, here is what I put together for SSG regarding the bootlegs that were out at the time: http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=16654&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

bobafrett
02-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, it sounds like I got ripped off. Well, you live, you learn. Now that I'm pretty certain that what I have aren't Kubricks, I'll just glue the heads on, and display them, but not with any of the Kubricks should I be lucky enough to get my hands on some.

Thanks JediTricks! I wish I had joined these forums earlier! :happy:

JediTricks
02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Sure thing; I don't know how "ripped off" you are though, if you didn't pay more than you wanted, then these are unique items for your collection - bootlegs or licensed. :) Heck, even uber-collector Steve Sansweet* has some non-licensed stuff in his collection. At least these bootleg Kubricks were made with love for the toys instead of just a quick buck. :greedy:

* - not to be confused with our own SirSteve. :D

humsup
02-17-2003, 01:33 AM
bobafrett - if you had paid around USD13 for one of those tin-up Boba Fett, then I should say you bought it at the average price of how much its sold here. Anything less would be a good catch.

Glitch
02-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I have been into Kubricks for the last few years now (I have close to 200 of them), and, as JT said, anything other than the "Early Bird" set and the yet unreleased bounty hunters, is a fake.

The quality of REAL Kubricks compared to the knock-offs is amazing! I just received my Early Bird set today, and they are MIND BLOWING!

Chiesa
02-19-2003, 12:06 PM
GLITCH....

any pics to make us drool for awhile? :D