PDA

View Full Version : Question about B-Wing

jad
02-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Got a question for all you folks who own a B-Wing out of package or perhaps you can even answer it if you can see this through the window box.

I've had a b-wing for quite some time but it has always seemed that when the wings are in the fold up landing position that the bottom wing sorta hangs down unlike the top wing which seems quite secure. Is this a trait that all the b-wing toys share or do I just have a messed up one? It's really not that big of a deal, it's not broken or anything, but It would bother me less if I knew that it was that way on more than just my b-wing.

Darkross
02-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Who knows...you might have a variation...that could be quite valuable some day!

sith_killer_99
02-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Mine is loose and has the same problem. It's not significant, but it is slightly noticable. I think it's just the design, gravity and all that.

odb
02-12-2003, 01:33 PM
I think its to do with the design because both my vintage and POTJ ones do it, so I'm assuming that its to do with the mechanism for moving the wings.

JediTricks
02-12-2003, 07:25 PM
I've found that if you twist the engine nozzle that controls the wings a little past stopping, VERY little, the bottom wing doesn't sag.

jad
02-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your input guys :)
Jedi Tricks I've actually done the same thing (twisting the engine nozzle) it keeps it from sagging, not entirely but good enough that it doesn't bother me. It's really not that big a deal, I figured it was sorta a design thing and the fact that gravity just pulls at the fairly heavy wing.

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Yeah, pretty much all of Hasbro's vehicles have little issues like this: sagging wings on the X-wing, cockpit that won't stay closed on the A-wing, landing gear that won't hold the vehicle up on the Y-wing, loose wings on the TIE Interceptor, etc..

mark2d2
03-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Yeah, pretty much all of Hasbro's vehicles have little issues like this: sagging wings on the X-wing, cockpit that won't stay closed on the A-wing, landing gear that won't hold the vehicle up on the Y-wing, loose wings on the TIE Interceptor, etc..

That's what so totally amazing about the TIE BOMBER. This ship has none of those problems. Mine is so sturdy --- I am continually shocked everytime I go to pick it up. Jango Fett's SLAVE 1 is also very, very well put together. As is the AT-AT.

JediTricks
03-04-2003, 11:21 PM
My AT-AT's legs have collapsed sideways, luckily they popped out of their upper joint when it happened so nothing's broken, but it won't stay standing for more than a few days anymore.

My TIE Bomber has some problems with that wimpy plastic they used for the center section, it doesn't really stay straight because it's too maliable or something. Minor problem, but it still exists. Also, mine has a slight issue with the cockpit door not staying closed.

As for my Jango's Slave I, if you rotate the starboard (right side when it's standing up) wing, the left one doesn't quite rotate all the way with it. Again, minor.

Royal Starship's main ramp doesn't lock down.

T-16's mini-ship wings don't properly line up with the main wings when they interlock and rotate.

Rep Gunship's drop-out troop platform doesn't wanna stay flush (up or down) when interlocked with the ship.

Old Fossil
03-18-2003, 12:09 AM
What about that rock of stability, the AT-ST? Mine falls over once every couple of months, for no apparent reason other than the change of seasons.

JediTricks
03-18-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
What about that rock of stability, the AT-ST? Mine falls over once every couple of months, for no apparent reason other than the change of seasons. No no, you didn't understand, that is Hasbro's patented "Endor Attack Action" meant to convey the Ewoks attacking - and triumphing over - the AT-ST. ;)

jjreason
03-18-2003, 02:34 AM
MMmm Hmmmmm. And based on the weight of mine - and the thickness of plastic used - if you poke it with both your pinkies at the same time, from opposite sides, you can cave in it's head! Now that's Endor Attack Action, at only 30 bucks a pop!

JediTricks
03-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Just wait till you try it with a real log*! :D

* - real log sold separately