PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up the unleashed Leia

punchbunny
02-12-2003, 10:12 AM
An interesting figure from Hasbro. I think she looks great and i'm very glad to have her as part of my collection, although when you see the scale you'll realise that many smaller companies with way less product recognition can produce sculpts and accessories of this scale at a much lower cost (youll notice she's a fair bit smaller than Padme- which means she was easier to push out i guess) . That said though, this is such an iconic character and presented in such a fun way that, for me, cost became immaterial (although i'm sure it will be a consideration for some). Regardless, this is a great throwback to the original trilogy. Granted, it is not a great likeness to Carrie Fisher, but an enjoyable interpretation nonetheless. There are details that are just not apparent in the photos we've seen, particularly with the different types of plastics used (e.g. her burgundy skirt is see-through).
It's still a mindblower on Hasbro's part that this figure is labelled "sultry" when she is actually being by a slug, but i'll let that slide. We've all had the Leia fantasies. I think even Carrie Fisher would appreciate this one- there's worse ways to be percieved.
Stop reading and go and buy it you air, time and space wastrels.
Go on!
Thank you.

Adam
02-12-2003, 10:34 AM
So, where'd you find it at?

mm74md
02-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by punchbunny
Just picked up the unleashed Leia

Where? Online, retail store, eBay???

punchbunny
02-12-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm actually in Australia and my girlfriend bought it for me from a very wonderfully priced collectibles store (they have an anti-scalper policy so you will never pay more than retail). It is good. it is right by the computer as i type, with the much bigger Amidala.

bobafrett
02-12-2003, 11:43 AM
I bought mine at Entertainment Earth, and was notified yesterday that it is on it's way to my doorstep. I also picked up the Vader, which means now I will see them at some toy outlet for less, but I didn't want to take any chances. I mean, the toy stores in my area, had so many leftover Jango/Boba, and Darth Mauls from that line, that they were deep discounted. The second wave I haven't seen that many of.

Chiesa
02-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Drool!

:D:D:D:D