PDA

View Full Version : I was Just Curious

Huckleberry Josh
02-12-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure if this goes here,but I was just curious about one thing.Does anybody here actually buy the Master Replica toys? I mean,they're really cool but they're way overpriced! I want to get the Count Dooku Master Replicas lightsaber but it's like $350 with the case. That's a bit much to pay for a lightsaber. Besides the really good detail,What's so special about these toys that make them so expensive?Oops!Now I see this goes in the Replicas forum.I'm such an idiot!Oh well.

Chiesa
02-12-2003, 02:41 PM
I agree with ya too HJ. I feel that they are way too over priced. But I've seen the Anakin one and I think that one is cool due to their features of the sound and all. The main reason why it is so costly is due to the fact they're made for the adults. If I'm correct it is a collectable and it is restricted to like a thousand pieces. So unless you're a die hard and a rich die hard that is, I feel that you should give it a pass.

Beast
02-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Well, you're using the word toy. And that's the problem, you're thinking of them as toys. When they are prop replicas that are machine tooled out of real metal and such. They're collectors pieces, and really not for the average toy collector. Just somthing special for those collectors who have the money to burn on a realistic prop that looks like what was used for the actual movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
02-12-2003, 10:30 PM
I have one of each of the replicas made so far, and I agree with Jar Jar, these are far more than just toys. They are true collectibles, limited in number. I think the Vader is the Highest with only 5000 made.

Anyway, if you have the cash they are superb!!:D

Jaff
02-13-2003, 01:50 AM
I don't have one, and I'm sure Jar Jar is planing on answering your question on whether he has one or not, now that he has lectured you on your "toy" descriptive.

Lewis
02-13-2003, 02:57 AM
I must admit if i had the cash i would buy them, they must look really nice on display....:p