PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones DVD By the End of the YEAR!!

icatch9
02-12-2003, 03:43 PM
A Dutch news site has stated that Indy will be makeing his DVD premire by the end of the year. It will be the trilogy boxed togeather similar to the Back to the Future set. Aparently Paramount won the argument between them and Lucas and Speilburg. The writer and director wanted to come out with these one at a time and then have a box set (maybe even containing Indy 4 wich may be shooting this summer). Alas, Paramount won and we'll be getting them all soon. No actual date is set, but chances are it will be in time for the holidays just like BTTF was.

Check out the site here, it's in Dutch, but pretty easy to understand :D.

http://www.nieuws.nl/news/NEWS/article.php?cat_id=8&article_id=1112

Beast
02-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Damn Paramount. Spielburg and Lucas should have stuck to their guns on the one per year release schedule. Now we'll get single disc editions of the movies, and probably a 4th bonus disc. Instead of the 2-disc sets that we probably would have gotten if they had released them one at a time.

Not to mention, knowing Paramount Home Video's lovely pricing structure on complete movie collections, the set will probably have a $100+ MSRP like the Godfather film set, or atleast $80 or so. And the movies won't be available seprately, for those that don't want certain ones. :greedy: :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
02-12-2003, 04:10 PM
i wonder if they will have any "framing" problems with this set?:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
02-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Yea, it has it's +'s and -'s. Clearly Lucas and Spielburg didn't get thier way and that's to bad for us. Still we get them all at once and that's pretty cool. I was only a couple of years ago that the set came out in a video box set and that wasn't to pricey.

Hey Jar Jar, did I scoop you on some DVD news? Not trying to rub it in or anything, it's just you are the man to ask when it comes to these things :D.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Ugh! Thanks for bringing up the dreaded Paramount pricing pitfall, JJB! My beloved Better Off Dead was released by those dolts with zero DVD features at a cost greater than $20.

I would rather wait for them to come out one at a time and do everything right than just a quick bang for a three.

Pendo
02-12-2003, 04:19 PM
I was hoping that they would all come seperate, so that when Indy 4 comes to DVD it will fit with the other cases. I would hate to see Indy 4 in a keep case next to Indy 1 - 3 in a nice box set, it annoys me when that happens :mad: (that's why I'm hoping the Star Wars OT will come one at a time and not in a box set).

PENDO!

Beast
02-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by derek
i wonder if they will have any "framing" problems with this set?:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:
Nope, because that was Universal. The geniuses also behind the huge E.T. controversy and everything from a while back. :dead:

Originally posted by icatch9
I was only a couple of years ago that the set came out in a video box set and that wasn't to pricey.

Hey Jar Jar, did I scoop you on some DVD news? Not trying to rub it in or anything, it's just you are the man to ask when it comes to these things :D.
Yes, but Paramount VHS and Paramount DVD have vastly different pricing structures. Bare-bones DVD's have MSRP's of 29.95-34.95, the same as most 2-disc S.E.'s from other companies. Paramount just wants the cash, without putting the effort into the releases. Greedy bastages. :)

It's not really a scoop, I mentioned in another thread, that they were on the way and that Spielburg and Lucas were at odds with Paramount. Thanks for the Dutch news though. Hopefully they are wrong, and they go with the 1 per year schedule. I'll keep my eye out for R1 DVD news. :)

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Ugh! Thanks for bringing up the dreaded Paramount pricing pitfall, JJB! My beloved Better Off Dead was released by those dolts with zero DVD features at a cost greater than $20.
I know what you mean, I hate buying Paramount DVD's. They charge so much, and bearly deliever the goods. I only have a few in my collection. The newer Special Edition versions of the Star Trek movies, and a couple others. And I always look for sales. I never would pay full price to that studio. :greedy: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
02-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
(that's why I'm hoping the Star Wars OT will come one at a time and not in a box set).

PENDO!

Who cares? Since they aren't putting the original originals on DVD, none of us are buying these when they come out...

Right guys?

RIGHT?

C'mon. guys. Solidarity. Stick to your guns.

Pendo
02-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Who cares? Since they aren't putting the original originals on DVD, none of us are buying these when they come out...

Right guys?

RIGHT?

C'mon. guys. Solidarity. Stick to your guns.

I'll still buy the Special/Archival editions. It's better just them versions than none at all.

Maybe I'll buy them off ebay or something so then I'm not actually buying them for the company's profit :rolleyes::p.

PENDO!

mini-rock
02-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Cool!! It's good that we're getting more info on the Indy Trilogy release. Lucas & Spielburg I'm sure got most of what they wanted, and so did Paramount. I don't think there are any winners or losers over how the DVD's are released. I'm sure both sides came to a mutual agreement, and I guess we would be the winners by finally geting these on DVD.:)

Beast
02-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Looks like all three are actually coming, as this was posted up on a region 2 DVD site. It could be a fake, but there are certain things that point to it being real. Note that the second half of the add is missing, they just posted the half showing the cover art. Look pretty good, hopefully they are worth the wait.

Intresting that they numbered them just like the VHS releases. #23, #24, and #25 of the Complete Indiana Jones series. Plus Temple of Doom is renumbered as #23, since it comes before Raiders in continuity. Now, could the "Young Indiana Jones" Series be far behind? Let's hope. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
02-17-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanx for the pic JJB :). It looks like they'll be coming in seperate keep cases after all :).

The Young Indy series is bound to come if it'll earn the company more profit. Is the Young Indiana Jones series any good? I've never bothered to watch one.

PENDO!

Beast
02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
The Young Indiana Jones series was pretty good. It's been so long since I've seen them though, so I can't recall exactly how good they were. Rick McCallum said a year or so ago, that the series was on it's way to DVD. But said it would be a few years to get everything restored and dig up extras and things. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
04-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Here is some more good news about the DVD set. Still, little is known, but it all seems to be good this time. Still, with Speilburg and Lucas known for thier dramatic re-edititing of movies (OT and ET) who knows what we'll get. Perhaps they won't be Nazias at all, maybe they will change them to be an non-descrip group of German speaking men with a lot of heavy war equipment :D. Except they use walkie talkies instead of machine guns :D.

Industrial Light and Magic are working on the Indy DVD Trilogy right now. Hard to believe, isn't it? Hopefully, it will be worth the wait. Here's what I do know - apparently ILM is having to conduct a major restoration of the original print. There's quite a bit of digital film cleanup they're conducting as well.
No, there's not new scenes added (and the guy with the sword doesn't shoot first, thank goodness), but they are removing certain errors and weak elements from the picture. Expect wiring, equipment and reflections to be removed digitally - anything that distracted or looked weak in the final release may be evaluated again. Basically they've come up with a list of what gets fixed. When you see the DVD, hopefully the only thing you'll see is a beautiful movie with great sound, not lots of little annoyances that Steve and George want out.

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#20518

Hit the link above to read the original report. Stay tuned, there's more Indy DVD info coming soon.

EDIT-JBF here, I added the link you mentioned in this post, but forgot to add, icatch9.

Sentinel18725
04-11-2003, 03:49 PM
You can always buy these and then sell them later if a box set comes out.

bobafrett
04-12-2003, 03:26 AM
And that Harrison Ford Guy is just so "hot"! Um, er, wait, what I meant was, I have been waiting for the Indy films to come out on DVD. My son has yet to see the old Indiana Jones movies! This news rocks!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Hello!! Figured i'd tell you that USAToday has an article up that the Indy DVD's will be released Nov 4th!!! The set will average about 50 bucks, i do believe. Yay!!

EDIT: Apple.com has a trailer for the DVD's. Enjoy!! :D

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/home_entertainment/indiana_jones_trilogy/

mrmiller
05-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks! I am pumped up now. I want to see the Indiana Jones moves again more than I want to see this summers blockbusters after watching that trailer.

This link might be a little better, as it now has the trailer and more stuff to check out:

http://www.indianajones.com/

What's the deal with the Star Wars Hyperspace thing anyhow?

=MATT=

mm74md
05-06-2003, 12:21 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/news20030506.html

Sweet!

Pendo
05-06-2003, 02:45 PM
DUM D-DUM DUMM, DUM D-DUM, DUM D-DUM DUMM, D D DUM DUM DUM!

Woo Hoo!

:D

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Finally we get some official news on Indy's release. Since Lucas/Spielberg/Paramount haven't released any info on exactly what's going to be included I won't harp on what I think they're doing wrong with this release...yet.

I will bring up one thing that really irritates me. Why does Lucas insist on renaming it "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." Freak man! Does every Indy feature have to have his name in the title? I think by now everyone knows he's the main character of the series so there's no need to rename it. I swear I'll black "Indiana Jones and the" out of every single box set I get ahold of if they print it like that. :crazed:

Beast
05-06-2003, 04:07 PM
It was renamed quite a while ago, for the video release. It was done to match up with the other titles for one of the releases. It may have been at the time of the VHS releases of the "Young Indiana Jones" series. But the VHS and presumably the DVD will feature the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark" title card once the movie starts.

It was only changed on the artwork and cases. Basically it's like "Star Wars IV: A New Hope", they changed it when it was apperant the film was successful enough to warrent the intended sequels. Unlike A New Hope, it hasn't been changed in the actual film. Either way, it's no big deal. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
05-06-2003, 10:28 PM
This is great news! I have been wanting Indy on DVD for a long time. I will definately buy this set!

JON9000
05-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh joy. Another trilogy gift pack. Oh well, at least Temple and Crusade are better than BTTF 2 and 3. I really only want Raiders. maybe I'll have to burn it. Just to stick it to the studio. I might be able to pick it up separately on Ebay, but I doubt it. Its the best one to lots of folks

BanthaPoodoo
05-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Sweet! No more wondering if I should break down and just get the bootlegs! I can wait til November 4th!!!

Heres another shot of all 4 together in the box.

Retail ~$49.95

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/img/indydvd_boxset_bg.jpg

Pendo
05-07-2003, 11:25 AM
I can't tell on the current images of the DVDs, but are the movies numbered 23, 24 and 25 like the VHS's were? Hopefully not, because I didn't like that idea, it will make them more like the trilogy, and not feel like you have to buy all the Young Indy DVDs when they're released.

PENDO!

Kidhuman
05-07-2003, 05:00 PM
All I heard is it will have all 3 movies and a special DVD. Whats on the special DVD?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Special DVD is like "Bonus features from Deep in the Lucasarts Archives." WE can only hope for making of featurettes, deleted scenes and the whole 9 yards.

P.S.- love your icon, KidHuman. :D