PDA

View Full Version : Anakin (secret ceremony)

Greyfolk
02-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Is the Anakin (secret ceremony) figure, the only figure with the robotic hand released or due to be released?

Anakin2121
02-12-2003, 06:46 PM
For the moment, yes.
On the subject of this figure, if you look very, very closely at the recently released Loose Front picture of him on Rebelscum....look closely at his right shoulder. Do I detect a ball-joint? ;)

187-Maul
02-12-2003, 06:53 PM
actually if you look at the pics at the "forbidden site", you can clearly see that both shoulders are ball-jointed:)

Greyfolk
02-12-2003, 06:54 PM
If it is then Hasbro has finally taken a step forward in the world of 'action' figures as opposed to the world of modeled toys. I hate the unmanueverable features of the Episode 2 toys released last year.

Blech! I could barely fit Jango Fett into the Slave. He has to sit sideways cause he's 'supposed' to be bending his leg.

I want 'action' firgues man.

OzOtter
02-12-2003, 08:02 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how toys this small hold up to ball joints. I predict a few ticked-off, over-zealous manipulators out there.

Beast
02-12-2003, 08:07 PM
It's not like this is the first figure ever with ball joints. The Commtech StormTrooper and Chewbacca: Cloud City are well known examples of previous figures with ball joints. And those hold up really well to play. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Since he's supposed to be "super" articulated, I kinda expected him to be ball jointed.

Anakin2121
02-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Is this true? If both arms are ball-jointed then we're in heaven.
Looking at the pictures of him I see neck, hips, shoulders (ball-jointed), waist, ankles, and elbow twists as articulation. Do/will his wrists rotate, so he can "double-handle" his saber? Then he'd be perfect!

Lewis
02-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Im looking forward to this one, let's hope that this is the way forward, Greyfolk i didn't know it was difficult getting Jango into his ship :( I have opened him and in the prosess of getting Slave one.....Bugger,:( :p

kdp100
02-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Depends which Jango you're trying to fit into the Slave 1.
The Kamino Escape version fit OK into mine, till I replaced it with the pilot Jango.

VERY much looking forward to this Anakin, though!

Jayspawn
02-14-2003, 10:08 AM
This is the Anakin figure I'm looking forward to. He doesn't have a stupid expression on his face and from the looks of it, he's very posable. And the best part yet, he comes with a ROBE!!! Hasbro finally got around to it, finally we're getting Anakin and Obi-Wan in their robes this year (we'll just ignor the fact that they were wearing them in half the movie).

Chiesa
02-14-2003, 02:58 PM
This Anakin could perhaps even better the Anakin TA and Anakin HD. I'm just worried cause he still can't seem to use his left hand to pose with the sabre using 2 hands to grip!

9 points of articulation looks good to me too! Yippee and no more crappy shag faces!!

Chiesa
02-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Oh yes an Anakin that I think is better than the Anakin TA and Anakin HD. But it seems that his left hand is unable to hold his lightsabre for a more combat stance! Oh well I guess you can't win it all.

9 points of articulation sounds good! I hope he would be fun to play with at least! No special gimmicks.

Anyone notice his left arm. There seems to have this little gap. how??

coy5
02-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I am hoping that this new anakin has a magnetized right arm. If that were the case, then anakin's arm could be inter-changeable with Anakin Hanger duel.

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 11:49 AM
sorry to disappoint you, but he doesn't have a removable/magnetized arm, but it would've been pretty cool

kdp100
02-17-2003, 03:14 PM
IMHO, the reason I've never been able to accept HD Anakin as the definitive version of the character is precisely BECAUSE of that figure's removeable arm.
I've got both the magnetic and the pegged versions, but neither holds together strongly enough for my liking.

Now, if they ever made an Anakin with interchangeable flesh and robotic arms, held in place with pegs like the one used on the recent Cantina-set Ponda Baba, I think that would please a lot of people....