PDA

View Full Version : Video Games and Candy. Do they Mix?

Lord Malakite
02-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Darkened Skye

Do Skittles and videogames mix? This latest GameCube title dares to ask such questions.

The Facts:

Play as heroine Skye as she realizes her destiny to collect magical Skittles
Do not eat the Skittles; instead, use them to save the world
Fight through five different worlds, each with multiple areas
Real-time action mixed with fantasy adventure elements
Wield powerful magic
Solve ancient mysteries
Save the world
Requires six Memory Card blocks
For one player only

Gameplay
As the game's instruction manual is prone to remind you, all good adventure games require a few basic elements: a hero longing to find her place in the world, a gratuitous source of evil to provide the conflict, and a bag of Skittles. Darkened Skye has them all.
In her homeland of Lynlora, gamers play as Skye: a simple girl whose fate will soon be intertwined with the sugary treats. In Skye's world, a "Great Rainbow" once adorned the heavens -- think back to your favorite "Taste the Rainbow" television commercials of the '90s, and this will make perfect sense. The Rainbow once bore artifacts known by the commoners as "Skittles," but has since been stolen by the gratuitously evil Lord Necroth. You'll never really learn why exactly these Skittles are so important to your world, nor why Necroth feels the need to steal them, but it is not Skye's place to question her calling. Once she accidentally stumbles upon the first orange Skittle, she's compelled to save the world by collecting the rest of the flavors and other related mystical artifacts in her quest to restore the Rainbow.

James Boba Fettfield
02-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Every day I become more and more ashamed of my GameCube.

Beast
02-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Cool, a game based on my favorite candy? I may have to actually buy this one. Is it Wild Berry Skittles, or just plain? I hope it's not those crappy Sour ones. Wild Berry would make this a must buy. If it's plain, I may just rent it. Do you get a coupen for a free bag of Skittles when you buy the game? I must know more. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
02-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Hmmm........

It COULD be a good game, the premise just loses most people.

The McDonalds game on Genesis was actually very good, it just was a MCDonalds game, and who wants to play that.

Also, Cool Spot was a great platform game.

And don't forget the classic Yo Noid!

But nothing will ever top the amazing Captain Novaline!!!!
I had the privelage/misfortune of playing that game at a store i worked at. It was truly great in its awfulness. It was a SNES game designed to teach kids about diabetes. i wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

mrmiller
02-13-2003, 01:36 PM
What about Kool-Aid man on Atari 2600. That was Da bomb Yo!
:crazed:

=MATT=

Lord Malakite
02-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Lets not forget about "Chase the Chuckwagon".

James Boba Fettfield
02-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Those commercials were gold.

12inch Lando
02-13-2003, 08:04 PM
The Mcdonalds game was called Global Gladiators and most people didn't know it was a Mcdonalds game. It wasn't really on the box. It was actually pretty darn good.

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 06:41 PM
7-Up's Spot game is a ton of fun, my copy is missing so I haven't played it in a while.

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 07:41 PM
The 7-up game wasn't bad. You know, Burgertime is a game that, if released in this day and age would get a liscense. Jack in the Boxs Burgertime!

JediTricks
02-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Look at Root Beer Tapper, it got relicensed into Budweiser Tapper for the adult crowd. I would have said "Burger King Burgertime" except that would go against BK's motto of "have it your way" since every level has to conform to "their way" of the burger's shape (I guess you could have it your way on the pepper though :D).