PDA

View Full Version : I like this poster.



scruffziller
02-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I like this poster!!:D


EPS 3 (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/museum.cgi?Museum=Prequels/Episode_3/Posters/sb-ep3survive.jpg)

stillakid
02-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Cut to:

Luke looks at Yoda, who is dying on the tiny bed.

LUKE: Is...Darth Vader my father?

YODA: Ohhh, didn't you see the poster for Episode III you knucklehead?! This isn't a dramatic moment at all. Now get out of here so I can vanish in peace.

dirtybones
02-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Yeah,thats a good one. I love the name RISE OF THE EMPIRE, it could work.

scruffziller
02-14-2003, 08:29 AM
They could have used better shots of Obi and Mace though. They just look a little "der..der...der..der...der..der..der...... *twittling my thumbs*:rolleyes:

mini-rock
02-14-2003, 10:16 AM
Like it!!:D

icatch9
02-14-2003, 10:56 AM
I think that's awsome. Don't care for the line at the bottom. Sounds a little dorky to me.

This is a good title for the movie. Don't think it will be though. Sounds to much like the T3 tiltle (Rise of the Machines).

darthvader92
02-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I like it!

dirtybones
02-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Episode or Epsiode? I just caught that in the name.:D

mylow thehutt
02-19-2003, 08:00 PM
:D Yes we all liked clone wars for ep2 but look at were that got us.


with Lucas, Ep3 will be something like this, Starwars Epsoide lll
the jedi fall. comming 2009.

evenflow
02-20-2003, 06:46 AM
I like it.

scruffziller
02-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by dirtybones
Episode or Epsiode? I just caught that in the name.:D

Whoah I didn't catch it!!!!:D

Darkross
02-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Cool poster...however...I don't think that we'll see any reference to Vader's mask at all on the final movie poster. It's as if Episode IV hasn't been made yet...I dunno...maybe GL will surprise us all.

scruffziller
02-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Yes you have to remember that these stories are being made in such a way that we have not even seen 4-6.

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I like it! I really don't think the title will have "of the" in it again though. Nice work of art!!

[DSS]Pedr0
03-15-2003, 11:23 PM
www.supershadow.com

stillakid
03-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Yes you have to remember that these stories are being made in such a way that we have not even seen 4-6.

Since when? :rolleyes: There's so much foreshadowing going on, you'd have to be Helen Keller to not know all the secrets of the OT by now.

mini-rock
03-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Yes you have to remember that these stories are being made in such a way that we have not even seen 4-6.

100% correct!:D

Lord Malakite
03-16-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0
www.supershadow.com

Super Shadow isn't that reliable. Most of his information is either been posted on other sites, are well educated guesses based on obvious facts, or is extremely vague so that it can be interpreted numerous ways.

Plus, he charges money for his information. Lucas would not let anybody profit from the work he has been trying to keep secret from the public till the movie's release, especially a so called "friend" as Super Shadow claims to be.

stillakid
03-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
100% correct!:D

100% huh?

So, does this teaser poster drop that down a little bit? (attached)

Or what about the Darth Vader breathing thing at the end of the Episode I credits?

Or what about all the talk about how "dangerous" lil' Anakin is in Episode I?

Or what about the obvious closeup on Palpatine at the end of Episode I as the Jedi discuss the Sith?

What about Obi Wan telling Anakin in Episode II that "you'll be the death of me?"

(Speculation) What about the probable "sudden" arrival of a mysterious figure in black immediately following the apparent death of Anakin in Episode III? That won't be obvious to new viewers?


You know, I've got some land in Florida that you might be interested in.

mini-rock
03-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Super Shadow isn't that reliable. Most of his information is either been posted on other sites, are well educated guesses based on obvious facts, or is extremely vague so that it can be interpreted numerous ways.

Plus, he charges money for his information. Lucas would not let anybody profit from the work he has been trying to keep secret from the public till the movie's release, especially a so called "friend" as Super Shadow claims to be.

Glad you pointed that out. I tried the link but my webtv wouldn't load it so I'm glad I didn't waste my time.:)

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 08:11 PM
yet the site HASNT been shut down becuz of it....Hmm....

InsaneJediGirl
03-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Nice image,I dont care for that line at the bottom.Of course the Jedi don't survive,thats why its called a Purge:rolleyes:

I am suprised SuperShadows site is not shut down...either (1) Lucasfilm knows nothing of it or (2) don't want to waste their time.:D

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 09:08 PM
I just Found dat shizzle on GooGLE...so ionno

stillakid
03-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Oh I forgot, MR has blocked my posts because he doesn't like to hear what I have to say. Guess we'll never hear his reply to my questions. Darn. :rolleyes:

Oh, and here's MR own quote which rather reaffirms that the Prequels are not being made so that they can be watched in Episode order without ruining the OT surprises.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=231297#post231297

So which is it, MR? You can't have it both ways?

Anakin2121
03-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Uh, I don't think the prequels are being made to be seen 1-6, as we don't learn squat about the Force or lightsabers until Episode IV.
So if you start with the prequels, you'll have no idea how the Jedi are able to push people by extending their arms, jump a zillion feet in the air, or stop lasers with their lightsabers. :)

James Boba Fettfield
03-18-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm always going to watch them in the order they were created. I don't care how Lucas intends for them to be watched, because it just wouldn't make sense to me to watch 1-3, then go to 4-6.

mini-rock
03-18-2003, 01:21 AM
Well, I don't think that it is intended for us, now, but for future generations. Or for someone watching it for the first time. My wife's mom was here a couple weeks ago, and saw her first Star Wars movie, and it was TPM. She loved it BTW. So the next time she comes down she wants to see AOTC, and when EP3 is released I'll take her to see that. Then of course we'll watch 4,5, & 6 after so it'll be interesting to hear her POV seeing the films as GL wants it. The first words out of her mouth after TPM was "George Lucas is a genius." She loved the visuals, but thought the story was too complex. But she said she could see why I was so into SW, and now knows "what all the fuss is about." I do fear that she will be somewhat let down when we get to the OT though b/c of how visually superior the prequels are. The OT story is just as good, but visually it doesn't even come close to the PT. Well, maybe except for the end battle on ROTJ. Anyway, I've rambled long enough.:)

James Boba Fettfield
03-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Yeah, that's an interesting experiment you are conducting. I would like to conduct one day myself, perhaps on an offspring. I'm sure it's got to be a little confusing for someone who starts with 1 and goes to 6, but once they see the whole thing they'll understand it. As for my saying how Lucas intends for us to watch them, I don't know what way he wants us to, I was just saying I'll always go my 4-6, 1-3 viewing.

The bad thing is the viewer will miss all of the little hints and jokes thrown into the prequels, that only someone who saw the OT would understand. Of course, there are a lot of movies like that now, where it takes a second viewing to see all of the things you "missed" the first time. Some things might not be as stunning if you view them in the 1-6 order, but hey, at least people enjoy the movies.

scruffziller
03-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Yea that will bring about a whole new discussion!!:)

mini-rock
04-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Yeah, that's an interesting experiment you are conducting. I would like to conduct one day myself, perhaps on an offspring. I'm sure it's got to be a little confusing for someone who starts with 1 and goes to 6, but once they see the whole thing they'll understand it. As for my saying how Lucas intends for us to watch them, I don't know what way he wants us to, I was just saying I'll always go my 4-6, 1-3 viewing.

The bad thing is the viewer will miss all of the little hints and jokes thrown into the prequels, that only someone who saw the OT would understand. Of course, there are a lot of movies like that now, where it takes a second viewing to see all of the things you "missed" the first time. Some things might not be as stunning if you view them in the 1-6 order, but hey, at least people enjoy the movies.

I thought about your post JBF after I had watched TPM earlier today. At the end of the credits you know how you can hear Vaders breathing? How cool is that going to be for someone watching these for the first time when they hear that, and then 3 movies later (or maybe in EP3) they see who that breathing belongs too? Well, I guess it's if they even notice it, but yeah I just thought how cool that would be.:D