PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends question

evenflow
02-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Ok, can someone clear this up for me.

I have been looking for the Spider-Man and the Venom from the series that people are talking about, but can't find any info on them. Is there another name. Is there another line tha is done in the same scale and stuff. Can anyone post a list of these figures and all of the waves from the Legends line?

This is what i came up with:

Series 1:
Captain America
Iron Man (Blue)
Iron Man
Hulk
Toad

Series 2:
Namor
The Thing
Dr. Doom
Human Torch
The Thing (Trench Coat)
Dr. Doom (Doom Bot)

Series 3:
Thor
Daredevil (movie)
Wolverine
Ghost Rider
Magneto

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 03:30 PM
All spiderman figures are done in the "Spiderman Classics" line. It was the line that spawned marvel legends. That's where figures like the alien costume spidey, the hobgoblin, Rhino, and Venom came from....

evenflow
02-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Ok cool. ANy idea what series 4 is going to be.

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Umm...not sure...however...I do know that a Kraven, and a new comic style daredevil (the reports being that it blows the previous incarnation away) are coming soon....

Adam
02-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Series 4:

Gambit
Beast
Elektra
Punisher
Goliath with Antman and Wasp

12inch Lando
02-13-2003, 07:48 PM
I think Evenflow has Marvel Legends and Marvel Classics confused.

evenflow
02-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Thats just it, i was trying to figure out who is in which series. I never bought any of them and now wish that i did becasue they were really cool. So now i am trying to get everything straight so perhaps i can go back and pick some up.

jjreason
02-14-2003, 07:54 AM
The Spider Man Classics line were the first figures packed with a comic (from Toy Biz). From this line, you should look for Daredevil (esp the yellow one $$$$), Spidey super poseable (black and red costumes exist of this figure, as well as a Ben Reilly Clone from KB in the states), and the Rhino. The line then changed into red carded "Spider Man", which only started last year, from which I'd recommend the second poseable spidey, Doc Ock and the Lizard from the first wave, and Hobgoblin from the second wave. They look to be releasing many versions of Spidey that don't tickle my fancy. The villains from this line are of Marvel Legends quality, especially the Hobgoblin. Good God, he's wicked.

Eternal Padawan
02-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Spider-Man Classics series 1 was Red&Blue Spidey, Black Spidey, Man- Spider, and an atrocious Venom.
Series II was Classic Spidey (Red & black Ditko-esque costume), Daredevil, Rhino, and battle ravaged Spider-Man (from the McFarlane "Torment" storyline in Adjectiveless Spider-Man #1-5)
KB had a Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) and Spider-Man 2099 exclusive.

Now it seems there are 30 something variants of Spider-Man and only one Hobgoblin to a case. The quickest way to kill the line if you ask me.

The Overlord Returns
02-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Well...Marvel Legends 4 is listed above...and directly below this thread is a list of what is coming from ML 5.........

I do't know the spidey line as well, as I don't want 4 different spideys and 1 other figure, which is what they've been doing. Apparently a better daredevil is coming ( I think we'll see it at toy fair) and also a Kraven. I would Imagine a Green Goblin is all but inevitable for the spidey line as well...

12inch Lando
02-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a nice big fat Kingpin but would ToyBiz do that and clash with the movie? So soon anyway? I don't really mind Micheal Clark Duncan in the movie but I don't really want an action figure of him although it might be interesting to pose the 2 versions of Kingpin side by side.

The Overlord Returns
02-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
I wouldn't mind a nice big fat Kingpin but would ToyBiz do that and clash with the movie? So soon anyway? I don't really mind Micheal Clark Duncan in the movie but I don't really want an action figure of him although it might be interesting to pose the 2 versions of Kingpin side by side.

Well....ML 4 is going to have a comic book accurate Elektra, soon after the movie is released.....I don't see why Marvel would balk on releasising a honkin' big Kingpin.....

Adam
02-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Kingpin is one the figs on my wish list.

The problem I have with some of the newer Spider-Man figures is that they don't have a base anymore. That hobgoblin is awesome, but I need bases, cause I'm runnin out of sheld space.

QLD
02-14-2003, 10:02 PM
ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

evenflow
02-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Very cool, thanks for all the info.

jjreason
02-16-2003, 09:32 AM
The Hobgoblin's glider works as his base, no? I must say, that figure is about the best one I have, including my Marvel Legends Thing and Iron Man, which also kick butt.

Can anyone explain why they changed the Human Torch so much from photo to production? I would seriously love the one from the pictures....without the fire on his head. No one has one like that, do they?

Prince Xizor
02-16-2003, 11:35 AM
I have never seen one without the head on fire except in the pictures. Personally, I like the fire better, but hey I wouldn't mind two of them.

And evenflow, stay away from Rhino in the Classics line. It may look cool in the package, but it is a horrible horrible toy.

evenflow
02-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Ok, cool.

Adam
02-17-2003, 10:40 AM
But can the glider be hung on a tack on the wall like the Marvel Legends bases? That's what I need..

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 07:56 AM
Hey, I like the Rhino. He may not be as fully articulated as the other Legends, but you can have him charging or standing or whatever. And he's a biggun!

They are making a Green Goblin but he's some weird bandana wearing hip hop variation that's not classic Goblin at all.

Now that the X-Men and Hulk are getting their own Classic series, I'm hoping they kick ALL the Marvel series into overdrive and give us plenty of Spidey rogue gallery members. Less Spidey variants and more Shockers and Vultures and Mysterios and especially, ESPECIALLY the KINGPIN.

Since Daredevil is just a Spidey Classic accessory, do you think his rogue gallery will end up here or in Marvel Legends proper? Bullseye and Owl are the two I want to see. Maybe even a Typhoid Mary if they decide to make more chickas.

evenflow
07-17-2003, 11:47 AM
My real question is what happened to the Spider-Man classics line. The first 2 series look really cool. Then it just all wen tdown hill. WHat were they thinking. The figures used to be at the same level of the Marvel Legends. I would not mind picking up the villians but they just don't look right together. Morbius just doesn't fit. I have never seen the Lizard or Dr. Oc in person. Hobgoblin looks to be the best one. Anyone else have anythoughts?

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Lizard and Doc Ock were actually pretty substandard compared to other ML figures. Nice figures, just lacking the uber articulation. But then, the Spidey Classics villains have always been that way. Man Spider? The first Venom ( or the second one for that matter)? Except for the Hobgoblin ( and by the looks of it Kraven) they've never been worried about articulation. And all the variant Spider-Men are more gimmick oriented with their water spraying, wheel in the tummy nonsense.

I'm kind of dreading that more Classics lines will mean a general deterioration of quality throughout the Legends Line.

Sentinel18725
07-18-2003, 01:01 AM
I picked up the Punisher today. Mixed feelings :confused:
The paint job deco is good. Lot of shading and such. The enourmous amount of movement is incredible. But.....he doesn't bend at the waist and all of the joints make him look a little blocky. Overall, he'll do just fine with my little Punisher shrine.....which is anxiously awaiting more new toys next year with the release of the movie. Let's just hope they do something more than they did for Daredevil, but not as much as the Hulk.

Darth Cruel
07-19-2003, 03:22 AM
wth the Spider-Man line Hobgoblin lovers. This may just be the finest action figure every given to the public. I like it so much that I had to pose him holding a dead Spider-Man (the one from the movie toy line that comes with the gargoyle base because in my opinion, it is the best Spider-Man figure) by the neck as he has just finished him off by crushing his neck with his bare hands. And of course...he is on his glider. I don't think I have ever been able to give any other figure this fine a pose.

Now...don't get me wrong...I love Spider-Man. But the Hobgoblin's figure is so good...I couldn't waste it on being the loser of the fight diorama.

jjreason
07-20-2003, 05:19 PM
The Hobgoblin figure may very well be the best action figure ever. It's absolutely amazing. In honour of his amazingness, I'm going to buy a battle ravaged spidey from Classics II and copy you, Darth Cruel - but only as a sincere form of flattery of course!!!! :D

Darth Cruel
07-21-2003, 11:27 AM
The Hobgoblin figure may very well be the best action figure ever. It's absolutely amazing. In honour of his amazingness, I'm going to buy a battle ravaged spidey from Classics II and copy you, Darth Cruel - but only as a sincere form of flattery of course!!!! :D

An even better choice of Spidey figures to use JJR Good choice! We may still just end up with identicle dioramas on this one. :D

It is cool the way Hobgoblin's hands are molded almost perfectly to be wrapped around Spidey's throat. Another one I thought of doing was to suspend Hobgonlin's glider with him on it in a victorious pose and holding Spidey in one hand by the throat. This can be done with this figure. I just need to find a place to hang it.

jpak001
07-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Nice! What's cool about these figures is that with all the articulation you can make Spideys limbs hang limply (is that a word) like he's really knocked out!

Dig the pose idea :) !