PDA

View Full Version : Unproduced Chewbacca - Flocked Hair Prototype!!

Beast
02-14-2003, 12:39 AM
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I figured I would bring it up. Good lord, this thing is horrific. But yes, it was a test for Hasbro to produce a real furry Chewbacca figure in the 4" scale. This thing would be the ultimate in horrific, thank the maker it was never produced. :eek: :)

Unproduced Chewbacca - Flocked Hair Concept Piece

Between the Chewbacca Dejarik Champion and Cloud City Capture figures, Hasbro toyed with the idea of making a Chewbacca that had "real" hair instead of molded. The engineers ordered a couple of shots of the Chewy Dejarik figure from China and flocked them with what appears to be similar to Joe hair. They hand painted the bandolier strap and bag, and touched up his features, and this was the result. The hair is dark tan in color and cropped very close to the body. Ultimately, Hasbro decided that the hair hid too many features and they decided to scrap the idea. This is the only example of this concept available. A rare and unique "what might have been" piece that would be a wonderful addition to any collection, especially one that focuses on Chewbacca.
http://www.cantinacollectibles.com/chewbacca_flocked.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-14-2003, 01:16 AM
He looks like a wookie covered in cinnamon & sugar.

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 02:05 AM
Haha! Looks like "Chewie the overgrown Ewok"! :D

That would have been very interesting to see it released to the public. It looks nothing like a Wookiee, nor the 12" furry Chewie, it looks like Chewie dyed and shaved his fur. :p

aceguide
02-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Chewie Rodman!

Fulit
02-14-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
He looks like a wookie covered in cinnamon & sugar.

Ha! That's what I was thinking, I looked at him and said, "Mmm! Wookie cookie!" Just bake at 325 until golden brown.

bobafrett
02-14-2003, 09:07 AM
he could use some afro sheen!

dirtybones
02-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey I had one of those in my easter basket!!

Darth Sidious
02-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Hideous, absolutely hideous.

Lord Malakite
02-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Its Chia Chewie. Water his fur and watch it grow. Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia.

P.S. - Chia Chewie is rubbing himself down with fertilizer in that picture. He wants to grow nice and healthy fur.

icatch9
02-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Even if the color was right, the length wasn't even close. I guess that engineer didn't get the big promotion he was hopeing for.

Patient Zero
02-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Ha! Who's the big boy that can pat his head and rub his stomach at the same time?

bobafett07728
02-14-2003, 02:26 PM
That would have easily been the most hillarious figure ever produced!!!! Forget about the POTJ Beaver Skywalker in X-Wing Uniform, and Obi-Wan Kenobi with Milk Chocolate Cloak!!!! I would have loved to see this hanging on the pegs next to the new Mace Windu with Lolipop Lever!!!!! I think I'm going to take my Dejarik Champion Chewbacca to the Rag Shop today and make my own!!!!!!! wooHOO!

Rogue II
02-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Wow. All I can say is...

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wookie bear...

*In my best Homer Simpson voice*
mmmmm, cinnamon-sugar wookie cookies...

Patient Zero
02-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
*In my best Homer Simpson voice*
mmmmm, cinnamon-sugar wookie cookies...

Fudgie Wookie,
Chewy Cookie!

InsaneJediGirl
03-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
wookie[/s] bear...

My thoughts exactly Rouge II!This thing is horrid,reminds me of those flocked figures of dogs and cats you see in the back of cars.:crazed: :crazed:

LTBasker
03-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Now that's an EU fig - puberty Chewie! He's shown as just sitting back and relaxing with his hands behind his head thinkin he's everything, as all us teens do. Or you can put his hands on his belly for when he's got the munchies, and of course theres the peach fuzz! :crazed:

This probably would've been funnier had I posted it when the thread was first posted. :D

TheDarthVader
03-10-2003, 01:36 PM
I am happy that this figure was never made. I am glad that Hasbro was finally able to spot a bad figure!

OzOtter
03-11-2003, 06:33 PM
I think he's cute.

Amy
03-15-2003, 03:54 AM
Oh my lol. I never thought I would say this about Chewy, but thats just ugly!:p

Emperor Howdy
03-22-2003, 01:09 AM
LOL....my God! :eek: Look at that thing! :D :D

Man, that's too funny....I can't stop looking at him. He's like a nude scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz!

JEDIpartner
03-26-2003, 03:20 PM
That has to be about the most hysterically ugly thing I have ever seen!!! Next to mokey-faced Leia, of course!