PDA

View Full Version : They Are Up!!!!!!!!!!!

jblodgett
02-14-2003, 12:06 PM
That Darth Vader is THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the Luke Jedi??????????????????????/

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=104

DarthChuckMc
02-14-2003, 12:08 PM

kdp100
02-14-2003, 12:09 PM
"And Vader can actually throw his lightsaber."
:confused:

jblodgett
02-14-2003, 12:09 PM
WOW.. That Vader can "throw" his lightsaber-- like the scene where he throws the saber at Luke while Luke is up on the scaffolding.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthChuckMc
02-14-2003, 12:10 PM
++

Darkross
02-14-2003, 12:12 PM
hmm....Vader looks a little strange and the Snowtrooper looks Ok. I've been waiting for the Jedi Luke...however so far the figs look pretty good...and the Snowtrooper comes with another heavy repeating blaster! AWESOME!

mylow thehutt
02-14-2003, 12:13 PM
:) The funny thing is just seconds after I got done looking at these pics a PoTF2 websit the hasbro site puts them up.:crazed:
Just my luck!@!

Adam
02-14-2003, 12:21 PM
That Vader looks pretty spiffy but that "lightsaber throwing" action scares me..

The Overlord Returns
02-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Vader looks absolutely freakin incredible..............I love this figure, an improvement I didn't think was possible on the old rem helm vader...........

However.....

Could someone explain the point of this snowtrooper? It's slightly more refined sculpt wise over the old one.....but it has nada on articulation.....and the gun is the same, basically......

Hmmm...little dissapointed on him....but that vader is simply beautiful....

Where's Luke??

Addendum: Vader's shoulder(s) appear to have ball joints, and he has elbow articulation. Seems to me he'll be able to hold a variety of poses.........and that cape is really nice.....didn;t think a cloth cape could be so well done....

kdp100
02-14-2003, 12:29 PM
This snowtrooper has got a holster and a rank-insignia, which no earlier version had.

I'll probably pass on this Vader on account of the action-feature (although I admit he does LOOK great), but the trooper is the one I want!

coy5
02-14-2003, 12:51 PM
The pictures look great... will have to see the actual figure to be for certain. The snowtrooper looks great even though it seems to lack in anticipated articulation. Something that I am hoping and praying for is possibly a head variant on the snowtrooper that has a straight flat hood that comes down over his face.

El Chuxter
02-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Vader looks awesome, but his elbow joint on the right arm is definitely a hinge for a gimmick. :( Still, he rocks! :D

Snowtrooper looks like the old one with a holster, which is cool but not a huge improvement.

Jargo
02-14-2003, 01:04 PM
vader looks like roadkill. Oooh throwing action. Which roughly translates as accessory dropping action. The head is kind of alarmingly like Jimmy 'Schnozzy' Durante to me. And the cape is poo. Nope, just don't like this at all and i'm still sticking with my commtech soft goods vader. NEXT!!

"Aren't you a little short for a snowtrooper?" does that trooper have the shortest legs or what? nice figure by this cursury glance but agree that the only change made appears to be the holster, the shorter legs and the movable head. But at least he's neutral!!! Thank you hasbro for something done right and the action feature is where it belongs - in the accessory. finally a good figure i'll want to go out and blow a months money on. No, I'm seriously pleased with how this looks. seriously pleased. :)

It's highly amusing that they didn't show Luke. Perhaps they've decided to take out the action features and give us a nice decently articulated figure instead. hence the delay in getting the pics. Whatever, i'm not that fussed on Lukes anyway bt Imperial troopers are just the ticket. Yum yum yum. :D

LTBasker
02-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
vader looks like roadkill. Oooh throwing action. Which roughly translates as accessory dropping action.

Actually I'm sure it works, see?

*goes through all the slash action figures and watches the sabers fly across the room* ;)

I wonder if the Snowtrooper will come with the hose and battery pack for the E-Web cannon as well, kinda doubtful though. Oh well, as long as it's not trying to flip a coin over how to kill you, it's fine by me. (Though where's the articulation for the double handed grip! :() Also one thing I can't stand much about the Snowtrooper is that it's "holster" is just an extension of the skirt piece, which was very fabricy, so it looks highly out of place like that...

aceguide
02-14-2003, 01:25 PM
They look nice. Can't wait for more pictures - especially the first of LUKE!

Jargo
02-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Looking again at the snowtrooper, he's got the same twisting knee joint as the rebel fleet trooper and one ankle articulated so he can kneel properly. Appears to have elbows and that new ball joint waist under his breastplate. Can't be sure on the waist but that's what i'm hoping for. Yeah the snowtrooper looks funky indeed. :)

187-Maul
02-14-2003, 02:26 PM
first of all...where is my Luke!?!
I hope we'll see him at toyfair
Darth Vader looks ok, I like his face under the mask but a) it seems he can't hold his lightsaber in both hands, b) his right armjoint looks very strange because of the action-feature, c) does this mean his lightsaber will be all loose in his hand so that he can't hold it properly and d) his cape shouldn't have been in such a "flying" position, but since I didn't really look forward to this DV I guess it's alright, and maybe some more pics will actually make this figure more likeable
the Snowtrooper looks alright, but again I wasn't hoping for very much and I'm glad I didn't, why is his holster in his skirt? that looks very strange IMO, and I have to agree that somehow his bodyproportions look strange with such short legs and the long upperbody but other than that, the figure is nice and he comes with the same accessory a former deluxe fig came with which is a plus, although the gun is slightly resculpted and not as long as the old one, but still cool
I still have to see more pics of these to pass final judgement, but they looks alright, and I really think DV's head looks very nice

plo koon 200
02-14-2003, 02:39 PM
The Darth Vader is not perfect. It could be a zillion times better.
No Play features, soft-goods, two-piece removable helmet, etc, etc, etc.

Chiesa
02-14-2003, 02:51 PM
The Vader looks rather good to me... Must betta than the Vaders that I got in hand at the moment!

bobafrett
02-14-2003, 03:02 PM
The one thing that troubles me is, if Darth Vader has a throwing lightsaber action, this means there is probably a huge button sticking out of his back in order to get the arm to move. I just got the Clone trooper with speeder bike, and there is a button sticking out his back to be able to throw that charge. Plus if Vader is anything like that clone trooper, he will have a very loose arm. Luckily, I don't play wwith the figures that much.

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Firstly, the Snowtrooper is nice, compare that with the previous figure and you'll clearly see that SAGA IS the best Star Wars line, even with the gimmicks, these figures are second to none in their sculpting and attention to detail. :)

Woah, that Darth Vader is the BEST Darth Vader figure yet! The Darth Vader - Bespin Duel was the best Darth Vader but today, Throne Room Duel has surpassed it. :D
I'm sure that Luke Skywalker will live up to the hype, the Bespin Duel and Throne Room Duel figures will be the definitive figures from those scenes.
To me, before saga, the best Darth Vader was Darth Vader - Dagobah and then Darth Vader - Emperors Wrath.

Now it's:

1 - Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
2 - Darth Vader Bespin Duel
3 - Darth Vader Dagobah
4 - Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath

The detail on this Vader is awesome, look at the face sculpt and the helmet looks to be perfect, (removeable helmets are usually a crappy shape).
Now bring on the Luke Skywalker which after seeing this Vader and the previous Luke and Vader pair, I know it'll live up to the hype!
Anyone that disses this Darth Vader doesn't like Star Wars figures, it's as simple as that! ;)

Beast
02-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Cool, glad I called the Darth Vader right with the removable helmet. He looks great, regardless of the gimmick. I may do a cape change with a more neutral cape though. The helmet could still be a 2-peice one, just stacked ontop of the other one. But even if not, the Vader is still cool as hell. :)

As for the SnowTrooper, it's nice to see we are getting the SnowTrooper Infantry Officer as a figure. Army builder's might not be so happy, but I don't mind. I like the mask shield, instead of the goofy plastic bag faces on the basic troopers. I think Jargo's right on the articulation, I hope so. That would rock. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Yes, Im very happy with the pics of these as well. DV's face looks more shadowy and dark - the POTF2 figure was amazing, but to me the colouring of Anakin's face looks a bit more movie-like. The detailing and cape make him look like a little statue - perfect for someone who only opens and displays like myself. I can't say how much Im hoping the button doesn't wreck this figure....If it keeps the cape off his back like Bespin Darth, that will be too bad.

As far as the Snowtrooper goes, I'm making new plans. I was hoping to get 2, I'll be upping the order to at least 6. I love the pic, and believe this figure will be my favourite one of everything we've seen from 2003 so far. Fantastic!!!!

Now, if only Luke can compete with those two, they'll be on to something. Im 100% certain now, though he will be distraction featured equipped, as Darth is. Not great news.

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 03:49 PM
After looking at the photos, check out Darth Vaders right arm, it appears he has the same action feature as Mace Windu - Geonosian Rescue and Obi-Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle :eek:
I wonder how many people will be dissing Darth when they see his action feature? :zzz:
I guess it makes sense because when Vader throws his lightsaber, he does it in that kind of motion.
Ahhhh I'm still so excited for this figure! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2003, 06:21 PM
These look awesome! I also hope that Vader's helmet is two pieces. Also, Ihope the button is not too big, s o he can lay back like in the film.

I pray that Luke's feature is a break-away bridge piece . . .

Lman316
02-14-2003, 06:50 PM
The Snowtrooper looks fine to me. Nice and neutral, just the way I like it :D. Yeah, I agree that it might irk a few of the army builder people, but lucky for me I save a few of my POTF2 Snowtroopers and the Deluxe...whew.

The Vader...hmm, I don't know. At first glance, I thought, "Wow, it's a retooled Bespin Vader," because honestly that's what it looked like. Just the stance and the way the torso looks. But I can see now that it's not exactly the same, and he's not standing so straight-legged...
I think the sculpt is good though: the face, the helmet, the suit itself. Yeah, those are fine. I am with most on the cape, though. Neutral would have been better, but like JJB's going to do, I'll just swap it with a different one (just like I did with the Bespin Vader. I took the POTJ EW Vader's cape and popped it on him - it works nice).
I do not like the idea of the "throwing" (or better yet, Jargo's "dropping) action. But I don't think that he'll have a button for this one, not by what I'm seeing. What I'm thinking is that there'll be a spring in the right arm, so you're only pulling that back, letting it go, and watching the saber go flying or...drop to the floor :p. Doesn't the Deluxe Clone Trooper have that or something like it? And I've seen a few other figures that have something similar...
Does anyone think he'll have a removable hand? It seems like a no-brainer that he should have one, but I can't really tell by the pic - I can't see a seam or anything.
Three things would have made this one an exceptional figure, IMO: 1, the neutral cape; 2, no action gimmick and 3, knee articulation. This could have been close to the definitive Vader, possibly, but it's okay. Vader's always been one of my favorite characters (if not my favorite of all), so I'll get him. I can always find room for another Vader :).

End...:happy:.

AmanaMatt
02-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Sorry to be so sarcastic, but that Vader would have been great, and it still may be, but with a saber slash action arm , I doubt it. Hasbro must be stopped. The Saga lines just blows, for the most part - all beacuse of the action features.

On a side note, and not to be mean, but if you think the new EU Yoda looks cool in Rambo mode, you're crazy!!

The snowtrooper rocks to me.

The three pack clonetroopers rock!

That's all that does, from what I have seen.

I'll have fun at this years SDCC.

Beast
02-14-2003, 09:43 PM
*Directs you to two discussion threads about these already*

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17753
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17750

Not an attack, but you know that you don't have to start a new thread for complaining about somthing that's already being discussed. It doesn't make the job any easier for our friendly neighborhood mods, who have to merge threads like this. Thanks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
02-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I already know Darth is going to get trashed because of the 'action feature' although I think I might actually like this concept. If done right, it could really add something to this figure.

Another snowtooper is always welcome in my books, and having this one with the insigna is awesome. I could care if the gun is similar to the potf-2 deluxe one, heck it's a free accessory. I could always use an extra I guess.

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
I pray that Luke's feature is a break-away bridge piece . . .

I'm guessing that Darth Vader may have a removeable right hand and I'm pretty darn sure that Luke Skywalker will have Jedi Lightsaber attack action or something, probably like Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel. :)
Who knows, he may even have the Jedi Power Kick as he does kick Darth Vader down some steps! :sur:

Fulit
02-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Can't anyone see that the "action feature" on Darth Vader is less about throwing a lightsaber than it is about throwing an arm around Luke? Seriously, you could re-enact the "dragging Vader to the shuttle" scene with the "action feature" arm around Luke, or you could take the mask off, (to reveal what appears to be an excellent sculpt of Vader's face) and put the "action feature" arm around Luke's neck for a touching, "gee I'm sorry I tried to kill you all those times, son" diorama.

Think about it.:)

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
"gee I'm sorry I tried to kill you all those times, son" diorama.

Or it could be "thanks for cutting my hand off son, now we're equal... now it's time to really get to know one another" :)

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
Now it's:

1 - Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
2 - Darth Vader Bespin Duel
3 - Darth Vader Dagobah
4 - Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath

For me, it's:

1 - DV: Throne Room Duel (If the production one looks just like the picture)
2 - DV: Bespin Duel
3 - DV w/ Interrogation Droid
4 - DV: Dagobah
5 - DV: old removable helmet

6? DV - Masters of the Dark Side, but I can't judge it until I see one. Btw, can anyone post a high-quality picture of him? THX.

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Ahhhh I forgot about the Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid, that's a cool figure actually! :)
I never had the first Darth Vader Removeable Helmet figure, from what I've seen, the new one is so much better than the old one.
Hell, this is the Definitive Return of the Jedi Darth Vader! :)

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Why is it Hasbro never puts a Removeable Hand on vader ?

I wanted to see Luke not a snowtrooper :(

Beast
02-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
Why is it Hasbro never puts a Removeable Hand on vader ?
I wanted to see Luke not a snowtrooper :(
What do you mean never? The first Darth Vader: Removable Helmet had a removable hand. As did the Darth Vader: Emepror's Wrath. Other then those cases, what would be the sense of other non-specific Vader's having a removable hand?

BTW, there is a wrist joint. So it's not that implausable to assume that he has a removable hand as well. I doubt that Hasbro's going to go to the trouble of doing a RH Vader in the proper scale and forget to make a removable hand. :)

As for top 5 list, that's a fun one. So I may as well chime in with my opinions on the Top 5 Best Vaders. I have to immediatly throw out any of the out of scale Vaders from POTF2. Even though the original short stack Vader: Removable Helmet is nice. :)

1. Darth Vader: Throne Room Battle
2. Darth Vader: Dagobah
3. Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath
4. Darth Vader: Masters of the Dark Side
5. Darth Vader: 25th Anniversary 2-pack version

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
02-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Do you mean recently?, because POTF Darth Vader w/ removable helmet has a detachable hand.

And after looking at the new snowtrooper again, it seems that the lower cape forms an "arch" on the front side that is starting to really bother me. At least the old one had a pocket on each side, but this one looks like he's wearing an opened-up dress. :D

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2003, 01:14 AM
I didnt know that figure had a removeable hand, well I hope they do put the RH in this version.

derek
02-15-2003, 03:19 AM
yea......tell 'em jar jar!(honorary mod);) :D :crazed:

Jargo
02-15-2003, 05:00 PM
*seeing as this will be merged*

well, I feel sort of odd and ambivelent about Yombo. On the one hand it cheapens his character to have the bandolier but on the other it makes sense for them to use his size to get into the small places that hulking great clonetroopers can't. I like his cloakless look and taking the bandolier off he'll just look like he took of his cloak like all the other jedi take off theirs to go into real combat. His base is kinda cool too, fold down bits on a hoverpod. I feel like i should hate it but i actually like it. He's not any more posed than the first saga one and he is just commanding the troops. it's a pity in a way that he wasn't shipped with the three clonetroopers as an accessory. :)

badtaste
02-15-2003, 05:22 PM
this figure is great!
What we need now is a Vader with a burning action feature, gnagnagna

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 07:04 PM
I really like this sculpt, but I want "action figures" For the rest of his life he will be stuck in the same stupid position. I hate that about these new toys. I've ranted on htis one before, but they should ball joint a series for once. Hooray for Anakin! Now I want a ball jointed Vader!