icatch9
02-14-2003, 12:24 PM
So what do you think?

icatch9
02-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Got one more.

Patient Zero
02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Even though I could not possibly care less about sports, these figures really are amazing. I was flipping thru the Entertainment Earth catalog the other day and saw a bunch that, in the right lighting, looked like photographs.

bobafett07728
02-14-2003, 01:01 PM
The figure looks awesome. If you are a stickler for detail, you may have wanted him with a closer hair cut. The style he has now is almost bald. While he did have that hairstyle, I don't believe he had it when the Lakers introduced those newer uniforms. Otherwise, the likeness is good, the uniform is as accurate as you can get, and the Adidas also look great! Cool figure!

icatch9
02-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Well, thanks for the compliments. I did this custom and it was a lot of fun. I am a bit of a stickler for detail. DAMNIT Jim I'm a customizer not a barber! :D.

It's not a good idea to give this figs hair cuts. It just doesn't look right, and more ofter than not they end up looking like Kid from Kid n' Play. I alos forgot about the black bar they wear on ther shoulder (for someone dying I guess), but I'll save that for the next one.

I did my best on the Adidas. Did some reasearch (as if shopping at Footlocker is research :D) to get them as accurate as I could.

Yes these figs do look the best. The most detailed figures on the Market today. Although they have ZERO playability, most collectors don't buy these to play with them. They are just $10 statues to put on display in your home and office.

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 05:24 PM
That looks awesome, you've got the Lakers Sunday Jersey spot on, I couldn't tell it was a custom at all!
These figures are awesome, they're more statues than Action figures but the detail is amazing, I've got Kevin Garnett and when I first saw a picture of it, I thought it was a photo of Kevin Garnett in a real game! :D

Darth Trymybestus
02-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Kevin Garnett...

QLD
02-14-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm not a Bryant fan at all, but that's a heckuva custom!

bobafett07728
02-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Dude. . . that is a custom!?!?!?!? Well then. . . bravo!!!! That is pretty damn impressive. Hair cut or not. . . I'm extremely impressed. I used to repaint Starting Lineups becuase they had the most horrific uniforms, and the numbers were never accurate. Anyway. . . great job!

187-Maul
02-20-2003, 03:01 PM
if you ckeck out toyfest at spawn.com (if you haven't already) you will see that mcfarlane is releasing a Kobe Bryant in the new Basketball line...
but your custom really looks cool

2-1B
02-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Nicely done! :)

I was so frustrated that I could never find Ray Allen around here, but I FINALLY did tonight . . . a few hours after learning that the Bucks traded him. :mad:

icatch9
02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Thank you all for your compliments. Comeing from Star Wars fans that means a lot.

Yes, these really take the "Action" out of action figure as they don't do anything. Some arms and legs move, but more often than not the movement isn't natural or humanly possible. The detail is amazing, best on any figure line out there. I'd like to see what McFarlane could do with a Vader or Boba Fett :happy:.

These customs are loads of fun to do. I love seeing my vision come to reality. I'd love to re-direct some of my attention to doing Star Wars customs, but right now I have this sports bug in me. I've got loads of ideas and just can't seem to pull myself away from them.

Thanks again to you all :D.

Darth Sidious
02-21-2003, 08:06 PM
I am not a sports fan at all, but those are really amazing, especially Kevin Garnett. That looks like a photo. They are really awesome, and I'd like to see more. :)

icatch9
03-11-2003, 10:23 AM
I broke my Shaq....ouch :D.

icatch9
04-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Do you need a Bibby for your Zona?

icatch9
04-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Side :D

icatch9
04-23-2003, 03:12 PM
A packaged Bibby :D!