PDA

View Full Version : sobbing sobbing

neonblade
02-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I jus looked at toy fair sneek peek sw pics over at rebelscum. There is the new republic gunship next to the repaint of the slave one. IT"S SMALL The RGS Is FREAKING SMALL and don't expect it to hold a piolit

HASBRO WHY CAN"T U LEARN GALOOB COME BACK!!!!!

but on a happier note there are some pretty sweet figs coming including white clonies. Check it out. Note : the pics are kind of mixed up when u deep link them. http://rebelscum.com/

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Those are just the pics from the Hasbro site's sneak peek: http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=105

And yes, the RG is quite tiny.

Jangu Fett
02-14-2003, 09:59 PM
:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: There is the proof. We need to send in the MINI-FIGURES PETITION.

neonblade
02-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Jangu, you get it started and i will sign it a hundred times

good shot jansen
02-15-2003, 01:50 PM
actually, i'm not disapointed by the size. it's about what i was expecting it to be.

it appears to be in proper scale with all other action fleet. dooku's sailer is what i consider to be a total foul up size wise.

it may still be able to hold a pilot figure, i just can't tell from that photo.

neonblade
02-15-2003, 05:27 PM
yeah now that i think i'm still hoping that it can hold an old af piolit. Hope they release them soon

matthewilw
02-15-2003, 06:38 PM
I don't think it looks that small. I doubt it will be able to hold any pilots, but hopefully the pasenger is beg enough for them. I don't think the doors look like they close all the way either, which would suck if they don't. But none of this matters because it still loks good, and I"m still going to buy a few. :crazed:

Jangu Fett
02-15-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping the mini-figs will be coming soon, but, I'm not holding my breath. In Hasbros press release they said the AF would have Authentic detailing and a display stand. No mention of any figures.:frus: :mad: :frus:

As for that petition. JT has one ready to go, but, he's waiting till after TF to send it. Maybe tomorrow we'll all be surprised? Lets hope.

And does anyone else want 2 Jedi Starfighters. AF scale of course, one normal colors and one with the new CLONE WARS colors? They sould do AF Ships for that series also.

neonblade
02-17-2003, 11:10 AM
I know. I would love clone wars ships for af including the sweet republic tank from the clone wars games AND I WANT FIGS AND PLAYSETS

AndyW
02-17-2003, 12:54 PM
A jedi starfighter action fleet in that new green would be cool, but at the moment I'm not fussy, I want that jedi starfight wave now, I know I'm new to collecting and stuff, but I don't like all this waiting. Why annouce things and take so long to ship them. These things are difficult in the slightest to design and produce. Grrr. Anyway, slightly off topic there sorry.

I would say from that pic from the toy fair the gunship looks to have too small a cockpit to take those little figs. What I would say however, and it is just my personal opinion, I prefer design accuracy of the ships at a sacrifice to having little figs with the ship. The AT-TE remains one of the most accurate action fleet ships, and I think its the way forward for these toys I'm afraid.

Jangu Fett
02-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Just wondering.

OK, I'm crawling out of my skin, but, where is the HASBRO TOY FAIR coverage???????????????????????????? I'm going nuts:crazed: . I really hope that SNEAK PEAK wasn't all we'll see.

JediTricks
02-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Hasbro is not allowing media coverage of their ultralight presence at this year's Toy Fair.

Jangu Fett
02-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Thats crap:mad: . And they want us to be impressed by all those SNEAK PEEK ( REHASHED ) set-up, they had???? That just proves they don't have anything of interest. Maybe they should let someone else try their hand at SW toys. Maybe everyone of us collectors can, then get some fresh, NEW ideas instead of CHEAPLY done figures and ships we already have.:frus: :mad: :frus: :mad:

neonblade
02-18-2003, 11:09 AM
so you're all telling me that we won't be seeing alot of cool new hasbro sw stuff anywhere on the internet or what about magazines even though magazine coverage sucks

JediTricks
02-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Hasbro will be having a media showing of their stuff next month, like a Hasbro-only toy fair.

neonblade
02-18-2003, 08:02 PM
hasbro is full of themselves.
: oh boy we're so special!" Hasbro rep. God we wanna see the pics now

Jangu Fett
02-18-2003, 08:50 PM
JT, you have seen what Hasbro has in store for us, right? Can you tell us anything? Any new AF shown? Any AF Min-figures?

Jangu Fett
02-19-2003, 05:52 PM
JT you said Hasbro is doing their own toy show, next month. Will SSG be covering it?

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 02:08 AM
Haven't seen anything yet, and SSG plans to be where ever Hasbro is showing new product. I think we'll even be sending a reporter to Tokyo Toy Show again this year as we have in the past few years.

SWAFMAN
02-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Um, JT.... I wrote for my school newspaper, so I'm technically a reporter. May I please be sent to Tokyo, courtesy of Sir Steve, to cover their Toy Show?

;)

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Sorry, reporter is probably gonna be Steve or Jeff or maybe both again. Apparently you have to actually WORK for these sites to get to go to Tokyo. ;)

And I'm afraid they were just humoring you in High School, that's not reporting. :D :p

SWAFMAN
02-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Sorry, reporter is probably gonna be Steve or Jeff or maybe both again. Apparently you have to actually WORK for these sites to get to go to Tokyo. ;)

And I'm afraid they were just humoring you in High School, that's not reporting. :D :p

Ouch!!!

Well, I thought it was reporting. :cry:

And BTW, I tried to "actually WORK" for the site on the action fleet database update, but SS blew me off. I set up trillian to ICQ with him about the work to be done, and he never responded. Now, I'm back on a full-time project and haven't the time to do anything like that, but last year I had all kinds of time to get it done.

Not that I'm upset. I was totally joking about the Tokyo thing (hence the ;) icon in my original post), but I just want to set the record straight.

remember, this is the "sobbing sobbing" thread... :D

JediTricks
02-23-2003, 11:51 PM
I was kidding with you too ace cub reporter for the weekly HighSchoolian. :D

Sorry it didn't work with Steve, I can't imagine why that didn't happen.

BTW, I don't get to go to Tokyo and you don't hear me complaining... much. :cry: :D ;)

Jangu Fett
02-25-2003, 08:07 PM
JT, when next month, is Hasbro showing off their wares? Is it early in March, or well we all have to wait till something like the 30th?