PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy loose figures?

Greyfolk
02-14-2003, 09:34 PM
I need to buy loose figures, a bunch of them. I was hoping that someone could point me to a place online, or better yet give me the e-mail of a dealer who is known to be fair priced and has a good rep.

Thanks.

stillakid
02-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Greyfolk
I need to buy loose figures, a bunch of them. I was hoping that someone could point me to a place online, or better yet give me the e-mail of a dealer who is known to be fair priced and has a good rep.

Thanks.

I recently made a bunch of Ebay purchases while trying to fill out my vintage collection. I suggest the following method:

Make a list of everything you need.

Then do Ebay searches for every item and write down the low and high amounts they seem to be going for.

Figure out your own priorities and how much you want to spend overall and what you're willing to spend on the higher priced stuff.

Then either start buying the individual pieces you want, or send your list to one of the dealers there who seem to have a lot of things from your list and ask them if they could make you a package deal.

Good luck! :)

Greyfolk
02-14-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm a newbie here, if you haven't figured that out yet :D
Is this the wrong place to ask or look for good deals on figures? In other words do dealers every hang out here?

I assume that some of you guys have some pretty decent connections or atleast know exactly where to go. I can definately play the Ebay game, but is that my best option? I need 32 figures in all.

Rogue II
02-15-2003, 09:04 AM
This place isn't bad.

http://www.loosefigures.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/SID=1031105004.29820/page=Specialfigurepacks.htm

stillakid
02-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Greyfolk
I'm a newbie here, if you haven't figured that out yet :D
Is this the wrong place to ask or look for good deals on figures? In other words do dealers every hang out here?

I assume that some of you guys have some pretty decent connections or atleast know exactly where to go. I can definately play the Ebay game, but is that my best option? I need 32 figures in all.

From what I've seen, most people here pretty much hang on to what they have.

Unless you're talking about new stuff that is out that you just can't find, then sometimes people will pick it up for you and then you just trade with them (or pay them) in good faith.

Sometimes, but not that often, somebody will pop in with a link to their Ebay auction or have a list of what they are ditching. Sellers are pretty much welcome here but you don't really see much of them. Scalpers get the thrown vegetable treatment, and then get ignored.

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Before I get started, is there something wrong with the database? I can only view about 1/5 of the figures I'm looking for. Pages keep showing stuff like: 'cannot be displayed' or 'there is too much traffic'. I don't remember having these problems before.

Not that anyone cares, but these are some of the figures I need, and why:

I am making a Star Wars chess set, I also need help in deciding exactly which figures to use:
White King: Luke Skywalker (which one?)
White Queen: Princess Leia (which one?)
White Bishop: Han Solo (which one?)
White Bishop: Chewbacca (the one where he has C-3PO on his back from ESB?--that way I can have both 3PO and R2)
White Knight: Obi-Wan Kenobi (which one(s)?)
White Rook: R2D2 (which one?)
White Pawn: Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV defender)--BTW this is labeled as being ESB on the SSG database

Black King: Grand Moff Tarkin
Black Queen: Darth Vader (which one?)
Black Bishop: TIE Fighter Pilot
Black Knight: Death Star Gunner
Black Rook: Imperial Officer
Black Pawn: Storm Trooper

This is a start. What suggestions do you have for the appropriate pieces? Where do you suggest I go to find these?

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 11:50 AM
I'd like to substitute an imperial officer with Admiral Motti. What other imperial officers have been made?

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 12:28 PM
alright here are some ideas:

White King: Luke Skywalker: if you want the tatooine outfit, I'd say CTC Luke
White Queen: Princess Leia: don't know, don't have any good Leia's in white ANH outfit (which would be best IMO)
White Bishop: Han Solo: CTC Han Solo
White Bishop: Chewbacca: good idea on the C-3PO thing, so I'd suggest Saga ESB Chewbacca with POTF2 removable limbs 3PO in the net on the back
White Knight: Obi-Wan Kenobi: POTJ Ben Kenobi
White Rook: R2D2: CTC R2 with holo Leia

Black Queen: Darth Vader: also CTC version since he's neutrally posed and correct height

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 12:55 PM
What is CTC?

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 12:57 PM
the CommTech Chip figs, the last line of POTF2 in 1999 (sorry for the confusion)

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 01:29 PM
No problem. This is what I've got so far:

White King: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight with Lightsaber and Removable Cloak) or (CTC) -- I'm not set on ANH here.
White Queen: Princess Leia (w/ "Laser" Pistol and Assault Rifle)
I want one with buns:D
White Bishop: Han Solo (POTF 2 - With Blaster Pistol and Holster) or (CTC)
White Bishop: Chewbacca (Saga Chewy ESB w/ 3PO on back) -- You think I should substitute 3PO w/ POTF2 3PO?
White Knight: (2) Obi-Wan Kenobi (Flashback Photo - Ben Kenobi w/ Lightsaber) or (POTJ)
White Rook: (2) R2D2 (CTC)
White Pawn: (8) Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV defender)

Black King: Grand Moff Tarkin
Black Queen: Darth Vader (w/ interrogation droid) or (CTC)
Black Bishop: (2) TIE Fighter Pilots
Black Knight: (2) Death Star Gunners
Black Rook: Admiral Motti, Captain Piett or Imperial Officer(s)
Black Pawn: (8) Storm Trooper

Any other thoughts?

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 02:34 PM
with the Han Solo with holster you probably mean the Commtech version, he's the one with knee articulation
and the Darth vader with interrogation droid is the Commtech version too
BTW, sounds like a great idea to make your own action figure chess set, tell us when you're finished

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Seeing that I started this long before E1 came out, I have no idea when I will finish. I started the E1 set, but I lost interest in E1 after a while when I was half finished. So I'm kinda starting over with ANH. *shrug*