PDA

View Full Version : Oh Hohohho Mmmm Ranbo Yoda am I!

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2003, 01:00 AM
have you seen the new Clone Wars Yoda hes looks so much like rambo don't you think ?

its strang no one has complained guess you like him

well i am gona buy this figure anyway he is new and cool

by the way the Artulated clone's well that be in the 3 Pack as well ???

and do you think one of the jedi starfighter's will have the hyperdrive ring ???????

badtaste
02-15-2003, 03:38 AM
I think it looks terrible...:eek:

Old Fossil
02-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Yoda's outfit reminds me of some of the costumes from Planet of the Apes.

I think it's a bad idea. Yoda is not one for "battle gear" or whatever it is he's wearing. Yoda is, more than any other character in Star Wars, peaceful, resorting to force only in desperate situations. To make Yoda so "action-oriented" trivializes his incredible fighting abilities.

Fulit
02-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Leave the bandoliers on the Wookies! Leave the bandoliers on the Wookies!

I'm staging a march on Hasbro to protest, who's with me?

What do you think he carries in there? Chewie carried ammo, but Yoda doesn't use a gun. Does he? Maybe he puts gimer sticks in there.

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 09:26 AM
I really dislike the Yoda too, Yoda is no Rambo and hasbro should know that

Dr Zoltar
02-15-2003, 10:48 AM
See my post under "Toy Fare Sneak Peak". I made a comment the other day that Rambo Yoda is only missing his bandana. I think he looks totally stupid, but as I collect one of each figure, I'll end up getting him. But I think Hasbro has been sniffing glue while coming up with some of these new figures.

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 11:09 AM
I'll buy the upcoming Yoda because I'm a big fan of his, but I don't like the idea of him wearing that armor. It's not in his character and I think it's tastless.

Lman316
02-15-2003, 01:35 PM
I really don't have a problem with the figure. It's EU, that's all.
Who says that that is a bandolier? It looks more like a sash, something ornamental - for all you Star Trek fans, I mean, it looks like what Lt. Worf wore. It has no weaponary value. So, what's the big deal?
And even if it was a bandolier (even though there are no pouches on the thing), who says it has to have ammunition in it? It could be more of a utility belt and have rations, medical supplies or other things inside.
Hey, at least it doesn't have an action gimmick :p.

End...

Kidhuman
02-15-2003, 01:38 PM
What the heck is he wearing? Battle gear Yoda? Just give him his robe and that is it. He don't need anything else.

Fulit
02-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Isn't anyone going to speculate on what he carries in there? I say gimer sticks and Capri Sun.

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2003, 02:36 PM
besides LT i must be the only one who like's the Battle Reddy Yoda i mean look at the positive side it's something New something that hasnt been seen we all have fan fics of someone doing this or someone whereing that but i like it and i will buy it and i will buy all of the other clone wars figure's like Pliot Anakin we never saw anakin as a pliot and i will buy his

NEW MOLD Jedi Starfighter becuase after studying it i don't think anakins fighter comes with the flight to fight mode and his droid looks new.

El Chuxter
02-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Dumb idea. Period. There's nothing wrong with Clone War variants of certain characters, but Yoda has been in five movies, wearing exactly the same thing in each. I don't think he has a change of clothes, and I'm not being silly when I say that.

I also can't envision Yoda returning to the battlefield unless necessary. How closely, I wonder now, will the versions of the Clone Wars we see from Hasbro, Dark Horse, Del Rey, and LucasGames jive with one another? :(

Banthaholic
02-15-2003, 02:45 PM
I find it funny, so easy to knock the new Yoda withough even knowing the story behing the figure.

Obviously it's an EU figure based on an upcoming story. IMO it's hard to judge the fiugure without knowing the context of why he's dressed/equipped the way he is.

It's really easy to be so darn eager to trash everything new that comes out. It seems that it's more fun to complain than applaud Star wars/Hasbro's direction.

Just think the Clone Wars are keeping us up to date on the events setting up EP3. I applaud them for trying to keep interest in the line without a movie.

The Clone Wars are going to rock!

Jargo
02-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Elsewhere, i muttered about yoda just not wearing his cloak same as the other jedi take off their cloaks for battle. This looks like a more manageable waistcoat thing. The sash/bandolier could be removable, in which case the sash/bandolier would be useful for jawas. I think this makes yoda seem more of a desperate militant which is technically what the jedi become. Yoda knows his days are numbered because the Jedi are losing their ability to use the force. They are weakening so as the head honcho he needs to make sure they win. Desperate times call for desperate measures so i see no problem with Yoda having a more proactive role in the clone wars. I think he looks more like a general of the clones this way than in his old man dressing gown attire. We've sen yoda cast aside his gimer stick when he needed to so he doesn't necessarily need it. Besides which it's funnier seeing yoda in rambo gear than that cutesy santa yoda idea. Kickarse yoda is cool. :D

Adam
02-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Besides which it's funnier seeing yoda in rambo gear than that cutesy santa yoda idea. Kickarse yoda is cool. :D

Sure is. I'll find some suitable GI Joe guns to go with Yoda, and display him away from my other SW stuff. :D

Jargo
02-15-2003, 07:43 PM
No i'm giving this one center stage in my Geonosis area. Might even make him a little stetson style hat and give him a bullwhip. Stick him in the gunship commanding the troops below and he'll look fab.Hope they do the other jedi in similar comedy outfits. About time these Jedi had the rise taken out of them. They get taken much too seriously for a cult. Yeah John Wayne Yoda is really really cool. :happy:

jad
02-15-2003, 09:40 PM
I love the new Yoda. It's not exactly the attire I would picture him being in for one of the films but who cares. It's EU! It just a fun toy line to keep the toys interesting on non movie years. I think hasbro's doing a bang up job this time around. Remember all the stuff they came up with to keep the line interesting after Episode I came and went? All those repeat obi wan's and darth mauls. And those cheesy little EU vehicles? I guess a couple of them were ok but the mini bongo sub.... man that was a lame toy and the obi figure that came with it was terrible.

I'd say Hasbro is doing something that Kenner used to do in the vintage era, with extending the toy line with interesting material. Besides Yoda looks hilarious! And it irritates people, thats funny! ;)

Paul-Kenobi
02-16-2003, 02:18 PM
i really like the new Yoda figure but......he still looks like ranbo i think LOL but i can use him for Dio's and i will :)

i don't think he should have a lightsbaer though look's more Cival War stile and it dosent look right but if hes good for Haveing a Rematch with Dooku like Huk and Rock i say BRING IT ON!