PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for possible new Trek micros

britcit3
02-15-2003, 02:54 AM
http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001436

Might I suggest that we ALL register our disapproval.

BC3

LTBasker
02-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Don't see the big deal over the minimates, they look like legal Kubricks, which aren't very interesting in the first place.

LEGO all the way for the blocky figures! :)

If they had made micromachines, that's actually something I would've collected like I do the Star Wars line, cause right now I haven't gotten a single thing from Art Asylum's Trek lines cause just haven't been interested in the 7" figures, not too mention it's hard enough collecting Star Wars stuff. Nice job AA, you definitely lost one customer. :D

good shot jansen
02-15-2003, 01:54 PM
one day, someone is gonna wake up to the fact that even after all these years, the st mm's still command a premium price.

i used to think it was due to their scarcity, but it always seems that someone at any given hour of the day is hawking what's supposed to be hard to find items (collectors set III for example), at skyhigh prices, and there's always someone (or a crowd) lining up to bid higher than the next to get it.

i guess no one in the toy biz see's the clarity in this one :rolleyes:

vulcantouch
02-18-2003, 01:02 PM
i.e., aa go byebye :p

MisterPL
02-18-2003, 01:43 PM
According to our friends at Hasbro, the micro-fad is over. The mass market (IE - retailers) won't support micro-scaled vehicles. This is not only true for Star Wars, it's true for ANY property, licensed or not. Even G.I. Joe is having trouble in the category and that's a freebie brand for Hasbro.

Personally, I don't think bigger is better. But apparently there are a lot more who do. Until things change, don't hold your breath for ANY micro-vehicles.

Jangu Fett
02-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Well if that is what both Hasbro and Art Aslyum thinks of a micro line, they can both kiss my A**. Heck they can pick which check they'd like. I'm done. I hope both companies go under:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

good shot jansen
02-18-2003, 06:17 PM
it would truely be a shame if micro sci fi scale toys were never produced again. i've got plenty to keep me happy for quite some time. it just a shame that i might not experience the thrill of tracking down a new mm sized vehicle.

i really do miss the hunt, it was a lot of fun, and was always rewarded by a deep feeling of satisfaction once the bag was made.

if the powers that be of today's toy companies don't see the viability in producing these great toys, it really is a shame.

i'm just trying to figure out how, they can be so blind to the constant demand that has shown itself for quite a few years on ebay, yet officially tell us that no one wants these:confused:

not quite sure what to make of that, but cest la vie. i'm happy with what i got, and baby.......that's a lot!:happy:

Jangu Fett
02-18-2003, 06:33 PM
-----

JediTricks
02-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Don't see how that'd help here, it's a SW petition aimed at Hasbro.

Anyway, this is a shame, AA had a good concept to use here and is throwing it away.

Jangu Fett
02-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Right.:stupid: Sorry about that. MisterPL said Hasbro thinks the Micro fad is over, and I kind of paniced.

LTBasker
02-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by MisterPL
According to our friends at Hasbro, the micro-fad is over. The mass market (IE - retailers) won't support micro-scaled vehicles. This is not only true for Star Wars, it's true for ANY property, licensed or not. Even G.I. Joe is having trouble in the category and that's a freebie brand for Hasbro.

Well that's really screwed up, everytime I go to KB, I see GI Joe micro-machines where are reused molds from Galoob's Military line. If those don't sell, why make those and put effort towards new ones that would sell? It just gives a bad name to the Micros even more. The micro-fad isn't over, they just butchered it when they took over Galoob.

SWAFMAN
02-19-2003, 07:32 PM
LTBasker nailed it. The micro "fad" isn't over. What's over (what never really existed in the first place) is Hasbro's commitment to any form of micro line. Same for AF.

This isn't rocket science, people. It's been said here often....

AS FAR AS STAR WARS / SCI-FI IS CONCERNED, HASBRO HAS ONE PRIORITY - - 3.75" FIGURES AND THEIR VEHICLES/ACCESSORIES.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE AT HASBRO SAYS, THE DIVISION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE 3.75" PRODUCT LINE SEES ANY OTHER STAR WARS PRODUCTS IN ANY OTHER SCALE, A THREAT TO - AND A THIEF OF - SALES FOR THE 3.75" PRODUCTS.

FOR THIS REASON, THE 3.75" DIVISION WILL MAKE SURE THAT THEY INFLUENCE HASBRO POLICY TO ENSURE THAT THE ACTION FLEET LINE FAILS AND THAT HASBRO NEVER PRODUCES MICROS.

i have no idea why AA is making their decisions?!?!?!

Jangu Fett
02-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Who are they to make these decisions?

Are they the consumer?

NO!!!!!!!!! WE ARE!!!!!!!!

I tired of Hasbro telling us what we, the BUYERS want.:mad: I say, we send in that petition. It states that we want the ORIGINAL, GALOOB STYLE ACTION FLEET. WITH MINI FIGURES. AND IT ALSO STATES THAT WE WANT THE STAR WARS MICRO MACHINES.

As I stated before in the Petition, when Hasbro took over Galoob it was nothing but TROUBLE!!!!!!!! And they (Hasbro) HAS NOT provedd me wrong. I said they would kill both lines and they DID!!!!

I'm sorry, but Hasbro does FANS CHOICE figures to see what the majority want. WHY NOT ASK WHAT WE, THE COSTUMERS, WANT FROM THE ACTION FLEET. AND QUIT TELLING US WHAT THEY THINK WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sicqnus
02-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Could mr Alan G Hassenfeld be our only hope ?
Please mr Big boss, fire all these inefficient people...

Send petition to :

Hasbro INC.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862
Phone: (401) 431-8697
Fax: (401) 727-5544

to (officers) :

Alan G Hassenfeld

Harold P Gordon

Alfred J Verrecchia

David D Hargreaves

Brian Goldner

E. David Wilson

Basil L Anderson

E. Gordon Gee

Ted Philip

Preston R Tisch

And especially : Andy Espenshade, Hasbro's Director of Marketing - Star Wars

useless to say that they lost much money in 2003... Maybe they should listen to what we have to say...
A new "Enron" in the Toys business world ?

More details :
http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/compinfo/CompanyTearsheet.jhtml?repno=4207A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bring the "micro" boys back home !!!"

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE AT HASBRO SAYS, THE DIVISION RESPONSIBLE FOR THE 3.75" PRODUCT LINE SEES ANY OTHER STAR WARS PRODUCTS IN ANY OTHER SCALE, A THREAT TO - AND A THIEF OF - SALES FOR THE 3.75" PRODUCTS. Funny because the most popular 3.75" Star Wars figure line was POTJ, 50% of which was designed by Hasbro's West Coast division... aka Galoob. Just more of Hasbro's big corporate thinking mucking it all up.

Jangu, Hasbro's had the petition results for over a year now, they're just kinda not getting the message. I totally agree with you though that Hasbro buying Galoob was merely monopoly-building so they could crush the opposition (which is supposed to be illegal at this level, but the FTC is a toothless old gazelle compared to the lions of corporate America :greedy: ).

Sicqnus, Andy's been out for a while I think, now it's Randy. As for the address and names, that's an interesting idea, I think I'll hold that as "plan C" right now.

Glitch
02-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Now don't be slammin' Medicom Kubricks! :)

Steps up on soap box...

I have been into Kubricks for a few years now, and have over 200 of these things. I just received the first four REAL Star Wars Kubricks with my KILLER Early Bird set, and it is now one of my favorite Star Wars toys - ever! They even mimicked the Early Bird envelope and figure backdrop down to the fan club card signed by "Luke Skywalker." Medicom is PURE class!

On top of their refusal to see the potential of a micro line, this is one of the many reasons I now dislike Art Asylum. Quite simply, they a tying to gravy train the success of Kubrick figures. I HATE copycats! Also, Art Asylum adds nothing unexpected or funky to their lines. Medicom will throw something at you that you will NEVER see coming.

For example, one day I was opening a boxed Disney Kubrick figure expecting something innocent like Tinkerbell or Snow White, but found this:

Jangu Fett
02-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Cool!! Mickeys cracked out:crazed: .

Hey, Glitch can you tell us anything interesting coming out for this next year? AF, MM whatever?

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I believe that Mickey is technically from a Disney cartoon, I think there was a recent short where Mickey goes up against his clone or something, I remember that face from the TV ads for it.

Medicom is great, just not as affordable as they should be since they require funky importing and Diamond distributing. Their non-Kubrick Tron line is one of those things I wished for all my life... sadly though, I can't afford the 4 sets at all because it's at $50 a piece for a vehicle with 3" figure. All these companies jumping on the blocko bandwagon is a lame situation to me, especially since many blocko figures are more oddities than toys, a trend I see going the way of the beanie baby. However, AA's articulation on their Mini Mates is probably going to keep that line alive more than any other US-based line of blocko figures... except Playmates' horrible Simpsons Blockos which will be warming pegs till the end of time. ;)

Oh and Glitch, Taco Bell did indeed have a "Bell Burger" about 25 years ago, it was before the Beefer, my dad's ex-girlfriend had some of the promo materials for that including part of a menu of it. You can even see the Bell Burger on the menu in the Unwrapped segment on Taco Bell.

Glitch
02-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Mickey is from "Runaway Brain," and is one of those wonderful chase figures we all know and love. I just call him "F'ed up Mickey."
As far as the price goes, I have a friend that sends them to me at cost, so I only end up paying roughly $2 - $3 per figure. More often, we just trade for toys that I can easily find on the shelves here. JT, if you would like, I can try to track down those four Tron figure/bike sets for you at a reasonable price. He was able to get me all four sets for less than $80 about five months ago.

"Blockos" do suck. I ONLY like Medicom Kubrick figures. I don't think block figures ever cought on here, but I think they are likely to go on for some ime in Japan. In fact, they are getting more popular with every new wave. One of the things that I like about these things is that they ARE NOT high on the scalper list in the U.S. It's just a funky little hobby that myself and a few of my friends have.

Bell Burger before the Bell Beefer? Hey, wait, what board are we on? :) YOU are the master of the shoddy meat products! :) :)

Anyway, back to MM's and AF's... As much as I would like to, I really can't say anything until Hasbro decides to release official info/pics. Sorry about that. :(

Jangu Fett
02-22-2003, 08:17 AM
No big deal, just wondering.

Wait a second. As much as you'd like to??? Now, I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but, that does sound abit.:confused: ---------- Promising. Hopfuly there is actually something about the AF/MM, that you want to say. And not just general info. Time will tell. Thanks.:)

Glitch
02-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Ok, bad choice of words on my part.

Sorry about that.

JediTricks
02-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Ah, Runaway Brain, that rings the bell. I'm not too keen on modern Disney management so I don't give much of their stuff a chance I'm sorry to say.

As for that Tron stuff, if you or your contact can hold onto them for a few weeks while I scrape up the dough, then I'd very much appreciate that, that'd be awesome. :)

Here in LA, the average Kubrick can go from $2 to $20 depending on seller, some places are ignorant but a lot more are getting wise... thus I'm now officially sick of those Kubrick Bears. ;)

I'm only an expert on boil-in-bag fast food restaurants. :D